Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Not perfect at all

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Good at making things like nut butter and oat flour(although struggling now with whole spelt). But very noisy motor and when blending, actually concerned about ear damage, use limited as cannot use for anything other than steaming when the baby is sleeping,think that the competition is easier to clean (would love to put in dishwasher), recipe book very unhelpful(would be much better to have broader instructions for everything like there is in chap 1, rather than a few recipes and you have to try and extrapolate. Also, would have preferred to be able to use high speeds even if hot,often have to wait a long time before able to complete a recipe on time for dinner

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello MDP, My name is Francois, General Manager here at Froothie Australia. Your review and experience with our Optimum ThermoCook Pro were brought to my attention – I am glad to hear your think ... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Dec 2015

I wish I never bought the Optimum Thermocook

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

The machine is sturdy, it makes yummy steamed rice & steamed vegies but both take much longer to cook than stated in the recipe book. The food processor works very well eg. chop vegies and ground flaxseed.
The instructions in the accompanied Thermocook book are not so easy to follow and somewhat confusing with many of the recipes not turning out (eg burnt bottom porridge/custard & then hard to clean). After continuously being disappointed, I wish I had returned the machine when I had the chance as I barely use it & most day it collect dust.
When using the Thermocook for foodprocessing tasks it cleans very well, not so well when cooking porridge (I haven't been game to cook anything else in the Thermocook and I'm now looking to buy a slow cooker and using the Thermocook as a food processor only.

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello MelbGal, My name is Francois, General Manager here at Froothie Australia. Your review and experience with our Optimum ThermoCook Pro were brought to my attention – I am glad to hear your p... read more »

Thank you for your comments Francois, I have had amazing customer service from Froothie over the years and my comments are about the actual product have no reflection on the service that I have rec... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

My new friend in the kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

I like how I can make a smoothie in the morning and a soup at night. It takes care of so many needs. It is especially easy to clean- much easier than a blender! I also use it to steam my vege's and fish. My children love the healthy frozen desserts that I can make in 90 seconds

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

The best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Purchased this over a year ago and use it everyday. It's verstatile, stylish, quiet, easy to clean, and has multiple functions so you can prepare or make that special meal. I've found that I've been able to get rid of numerous other appliances in my kitchen, thanks to everything this can do. I love making soups, risottos, smoothies, spreads and chopping vegetables with my thermomix. The services offered by Froothie are also second to none. I defintiely recommend this product.

Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Best Appliance I have ever bought.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

I bought the Thermocook when it was first released. I received it just before Christmas & didn't really get to test it to the fullest as we were going away. I made a nut butter & homemade bread crumbs & was sold on it as I could see it was going to service my kitchen requirements really well. I cook all my jams in it, mix cake batters, make nut butters & chop nuts for my biscuit slices, I've made smoothies and cooked soups in it, it can be used for almost anything it just depends how far you stretch your imagination & in my case I sometimes do things in the kitchen the old way & then realize I could have used the Thermocook for the task . Its my now go to appliance instead of my Optimum 9400 although I do still use it occasionally. I would be so lost without my Thermocook.

Perth

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2015

So many Possibilities

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

I bought two of these, one as my brother's wedding gift and one for myself. I have been using it for all sorts of dishes and recipes like mixing pasta dough, mixing and culturing yogurt, making and chopping ingredients for omelettes, steaming vegetables, etc. This came with a recipe book but if you use your imagination, you can make so much more. It is logical to use and I have not had any problems with it for the two years I have been using it.

The only down side that I can think of is the cleaning. As you can heat and mix a lot of things in the bowl you can do the same to mix and heat a concoction of cleaning solutions. However sometimes you get burnt or caked on left overs during the cooking process on the bottom of the bowl and it is not always so straight forward to remove and clean. As there is a heating element inside the bowl you cannot submerge it in water or put it in the dishwasher. This is a huge inconvenience and is the reason why I have put 4 out of 5 starts. If there was a way to separate these components so you can clean it a lot easier I would give 5 out of 5.

Never less, this is a great investment and I do not regret it.

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Blake, My name is Francois, Customer Service Manager here at Froothie. :) I wanted to thank you for being one of our thousands of satisfied Froothie global customers - I appreciate you join... read more »

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Does what it says

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

I was originally going to buy a blender, but got this at the same price. This was a good move - it works just as well as the blender i was about to buy, and does FAR more.
Does exactly what it says it will, and does it well.
The Froothie team are also really great, and go out of their way to help.

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

What a great buy !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I love my Thermocook , so safe, so easy and so versatile . And stylish so it looks good on the bench where I conveniently use it everyday .
Love the curries and the risotto, and the scones and the soups..............on and on.
And such a great price I cant recommend this appliance highly enough.

Sydney

Date Purchased: May 2017

Thermocook Does It All!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

From risotto to your favorite dessert anyone becomes a star in the kitchen with Thermocook and at the current pre sale price worth every penny! So happy we got this! Will recommend to anyone looking for an upgrade! Great addition to the kitchen and it literally chngaed our familes lifes!

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2015

This is far better than thermomix in some ways

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I got this machine before the thermomix just because i thought it was better ! BUT NO ! so i have just sold the thermomix .untill you have both you dont no but let me tell you the thermocook CAN do things the thermomix cant i could almost right a book about the subject
ps had both for just over 12 months

Caboolture

• 4 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Bread, scones, risotto, soup, stew etc etc.....Love it. My husbands favourite desert/cake is 'Nannas Impossible Pie'. He can put it together in our Thermocook, pour it in a dish and into the oven. . Finally found a 'machine' he is comfortable using. We were so impressed we upgraded our generator so we can use the Thermocook on our boat.
Would like more recipes please and a specific tool for easier cleaning of the blade and kneading shaft. Highly recommend.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Like it so much I doubled up at our Holiday Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Our daughter in law is a Thermomix agent and I liked the concept but for what I thought I would use it for I could not justify the price. With the Thermocook price at less than half I thought I would give it a go. We make a lot of soup and that was a major reason for the purchase. I now use it for a range of other preparations and love it. We spent two months at our holiday home early this and I missed it so much I bought a second one.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great addition to the kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Our ThermoCook has become a staple in our daily kitchen routine. It's ability to do so many different jobs is fantastic and we use it to make breakfasts, lunches, dinners and everything in between. It is easy to clean and easy to use and has reduced the need for many other appliances within our kitchen.

Brisbane

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

The Thermocook has so many functions, and I am looking forward to exploring them all. It is not particularly intuitiive, so you need to use the instructions and cook book. The cook book instructions are not all that helpful.. for example, there is a picture of boiled eggs next to the boil function. But that isn't the way you do boiled eggs. The forum is helpful. Very helpful users and Froothie will answer your questions promptly.

Date Purchased: May 2016

Great kitchen companion!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

After attending a Thermomix demonstration I was really impressed but couldn't justify the cost. After a lot of internet research I decided to try the Thermocook considering the 30 day money back grantee and I was lucky enough to get life time warranty. I am extremely happy with this machine. I love that I can steam vegetables, make sourdough and blitz absolutely anything in the one machine. The only downside is the recipe book, definitely needs upgrading and you can't blend at high speeds over 60 degrees. I understand it's a safety issue but for blending soup it's quite annoying having to wait for it to cool down.

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I was torn about getting a Thermomix I couldn't justify the cost but when I saw the Thermocook at less than 1/2 the priceI thought I'd give it a go. Well, the minute TC arrived we have had an ongoing love affair! I use the Thermomix recipes without any problems, TC gets used most days and I love it. The instruction book wasn't very clear but I muddled through. I think he is as good as a Thermomix.

Dandenong

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Views through the eyes of a newcomer!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

After researching the market in full and having 2 daughter-in-laws with Thermomix, decided to go with Thermocook Pro. Excellent service ordered Online one day and delivered the next. Now to start cooking recipes in the recipe book provided, however I look forward to improvements or online backup of recipes. Also adapting my own recipes to suit.
I am really looking forward to the future of "Thermo cooking".

North Shore City, Auckland New Zealand

• 22 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

A wonderful way to spend as little time possible in the kitchen.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

Ordered online Thursday, delivered Friday, started cooking that night. I played around with it all weekend and produced winter stew, bread, soup, boiled eggs, ice cream, porridge and more. I am delighted once understanding how to do the controls (I am 71) and the fact that the mixer bowl and the regular bowl are in fact the same thing - just replacing the blade. I almost went to the Thermomix but when I realised their steamer and lid is plastic (plus the wopping price of $NZ2300) and Thermocook is stainless steel. I also love the scales which I initially thought was a free iPad when unpacking :). I got it at the bargain price of $900 with a 30 day return no questions asked. I will be shedding my Kenwood mixer, hot stick, kitchen whizz and more next week. On the downside I quickly discovered when cooking milk products, the cleaning is not 'fun' as the milk tends to caramelise on the base but was easy for the other recipes like stew etc.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Rivals the Thermomix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2016

After much deliberation I decided on the Thermocook Pro and could not be happier! My friends who have a Thermomix love their machine but they think it is still not really worth the $2000. When I Froothie were having a 40% sale I could not resist! I've had it now for nearly 3 months and could safely say it is one of my most used appliances. It whips smoothies and soups up in no time and steams food to perfection. The steamer add on is made of stainless steel which I prefer over plastic but it does get hot very quickly so you must use it with caution. The only down side is the noise. You can't talk over the top of it when it is chopping and even when it is stirring it can be quite loud. Other than that I am very satisfied with the performance so far and considering this is the first version I am sure they will keep getting better and better!.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Very happy with the machine quality - recipe book needs some work

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

Very versatile. Consistent stirring good for custards and things like that. Was pleasantly surprised with how easy it made bread and pastry. Have made stew and risotto and even a cake. And of course smoothies are fantastic. I had to work out rice cooking as some of the grains come through the steaming basket. Recipe book could be improved: the index at the back should be alphabetical; some of the times seems a bit hot or long (rice not in the steam basket burns) as did custard (so I just reduced the time and all fine). I got an extra bowl which I don't use that much but am glad I have it. I don't use it daily but will use it at least four times a week. I did quite a bit of research and thought hard about the Thermomix. Even though I have only seen the Thermomix in demonstration, I don't think there would be much difference in the machines. There may be a difference in the recipes. But I am very happy to have bought this one - I am sufficiently confident in my cooking to work recipes out.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes