Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I wanted a cheaper alternative to Thermomix and I found it. I use it almost daily. Smoothies, mill oats and almond to flour, bliss balls, it makes eating healthy easy! I love the mixing blade over thermomix’s cutting blade in reverse. The only issue is changing blades, if it came with a second bowl, it would be perfect.

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Not in the league of the Thermomix

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

I've had the thermocook for a few years now, and don't find it nearly as good to use as the thermomix I borrowed to trial this kind of appliance. The instruction book is not easy to follow, the symbols for parts are confusing, and learning to use the item takes a lot of work - not something I had hoped for in a tool that was meant to save me time. It's a brilliant (albeit very pricey) high speed blender, but doesn't cope well with ice cubes in that I have dings in the goblet from trying to crush small ice cubes - though this doesn't affect the performance. It doesn't cope well with small volumes - and as a solo cook, this is irritating. I'm also annoyed by the fact that I am unable to cook anything in it without the food catching on the bottom of the goblet, which, as others have noted, is hard to clean, and this occurs even when using recommended settings. But by far the most limiting factor is the idiotic inability to blend hot liquids- when I make eg pumpkin soup for lunch, I want to cook it then blend it to eat straight away - this machine has a pre-set lockout on high temperature blending meaning I can't; I have to wait till it cools! One wonders how the designers came up with this 'feature'. Save your dollars, buy a thermomix!

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

I've had 3, and they all broke down in just a few months!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

At first, this product was amazing! It originally was just as good as a thermocook. But mine broke down within a few months. They sent me a new one, it broke down again within a few months (different problem). They sent me a 3rd one, and it broke down once again (again, a different problem from the first two). It is obviously not up to scratch and is very poor quality. Although Froothie was good about sending me new products, they didn't understand why I didn't want a fourth one, and they refused to provide me with a refund. Really unfortunate experience all around!

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Travis, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you recently had with Froothie and your ThermoCook. Quality Customer ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

But a thermomix!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

I bought a thermocook and had nothing but problems with it. It's noisy, the recipe book is really complicated and it's awful to clean. No dishwasher so you're constantly paranoid that water will damage the pins which makes scrubbing the jug really difficult.
The recipes were really wonky. A lot of the times on the preset recipes were out which resulted in overcooked glug unfortunately.
Mine stopped working twice. Because I'm in WA I had to send it over east twice which was a minimum two week turnaround. I ended up returning this machine because, to be honest, it sucked. Save up a bit more and do yourself a favour. Buy a thermomix. I wish I had done this initially. Would've saved a lot of hassle and disappointment dealing with a substandard appliance.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Joe, My name is Francois, General Manager here at Froothie Australia. Your review and experience with our Optimum ThermoCook Pro were brought to my attention. I would like to sincerely apo... read more »

Hi Francois, After many emails back and forth with Froothie, I was refunded in full. It was quite a debacle and wasted a lot of my time and involved consumer affairs. The customer service was terri... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment

I wish I never bought the Optimum Thermocook

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

The machine is sturdy, it makes yummy steamed rice & steamed vegies but both take much longer to cook than stated in the recipe book. The food processor works very well eg. chop vegies and ground flaxseed.
The instructions in the accompanied Thermocook book are not so easy to follow and somewhat confusing with many of the recipes not turning out (eg burnt bottom porridge/custard & then hard to clean). After continuously being disappointed, I wish I had returned the machine when I had the chance as I barely use it & most day it collect dust.
When using the Thermocook for foodprocessing tasks it cleans very well, not so well when cooking porridge (I haven't been game to cook anything else in the Thermocook and I'm now looking to buy a slow cooker and using the Thermocook as a food processor only.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello MelbGal, My name is Francois, General Manager here at Froothie Australia. Your review and experience with our Optimum ThermoCook Pro were brought to my attention – I am glad to hear your p... read more »

Thank you for your comments Francois, I have had amazing customer service from Froothie over the years and my comments are about the actual product have no reflection on the service that I have rec... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

My new friend in the kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

I like how I can make a smoothie in the morning and a soup at night. It takes care of so many needs. It is especially easy to clean- much easier than a blender! I also use it to steam my vege's and fish. My children love the healthy frozen desserts that I can make in 90 seconds

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

The best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Purchased this over a year ago and use it everyday. It's verstatile, stylish, quiet, easy to clean, and has multiple functions so you can prepare or make that special meal. I've found that I've been able to get rid of numerous other appliances in my kitchen, thanks to everything this can do. I love making soups, risottos, smoothies, spreads and chopping vegetables with my thermomix. The services offered by Froothie are also second to none. I defintiely recommend this product.

Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Best Appliance I have ever bought.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

I bought the Thermocook when it was first released. I received it just before Christmas & didn't really get to test it to the fullest as we were going away. I made a nut butter & homemade bread crumbs & was sold on it as I could see it was going to service my kitchen requirements really well. I cook all my jams in it, mix cake batters, make nut butters & chop nuts for my biscuit slices, I've made smoothies and cooked soups in it, it can be used for almost anything it just depends how far you stretch your imagination & in my case I sometimes do things in the kitchen the old way & then realize I could have used the Thermocook for the task . Its my now go to appliance instead of my Optimum 9400 although I do still use it occasionally. I would be so lost without my Thermocook.

Perth

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2015

So many Possibilities

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

I bought two of these, one as my brother's wedding gift and one for myself. I have been using it for all sorts of dishes and recipes like mixing pasta dough, mixing and culturing yogurt, making and chopping ingredients for omelettes, steaming vegetables, etc. This came with a recipe book but if you use your imagination, you can make so much more. It is logical to use and I have not had any problems with it for the two years I have been using it.

The only down side that I can think of is the cleaning. As you can heat and mix a lot of things in the bowl you can do the same to mix and heat a concoction of cleaning solutions. However sometimes you get burnt or caked on left overs during the cooking process on the bottom of the bowl and it is not always so straight forward to remove and clean. As there is a heating element inside the bowl you cannot submerge it in water or put it in the dishwasher. This is a huge inconvenience and is the reason why I have put 4 out of 5 starts. If there was a way to separate these components so you can clean it a lot easier I would give 5 out of 5.

Never less, this is a great investment and I do not regret it.

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Blake, My name is Francois, Customer Service Manager here at Froothie. :) I wanted to thank you for being one of our thousands of satisfied Froothie global customers - I appreciate you join... read more »

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Does what it says

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

I was originally going to buy a blender, but got this at the same price. This was a good move - it works just as well as the blender i was about to buy, and does FAR more.
Does exactly what it says it will, and does it well.
The Froothie team are also really great, and go out of their way to help.

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

What a great buy !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I love my Thermocook , so safe, so easy and so versatile . And stylish so it looks good on the bench where I conveniently use it everyday .
Love the curries and the risotto, and the scones and the soups..............on and on.
And such a great price I cant recommend this appliance highly enough.

Sydney

Date Purchased: May 2017

Thermocook Does It All!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

From risotto to your favorite dessert anyone becomes a star in the kitchen with Thermocook and at the current pre sale price worth every penny! So happy we got this! Will recommend to anyone looking for an upgrade! Great addition to the kitchen and it literally chngaed our familes lifes!

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2015

This is far better than thermomix in some ways

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I got this machine before the thermomix just because i thought it was better ! BUT NO ! so i have just sold the thermomix .untill you have both you dont no but let me tell you the thermocook CAN do things the thermomix cant i could almost right a book about the subject
ps had both for just over 12 months

Caboolture

• 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Bread, scones, risotto, soup, stew etc etc.....Love it. My husbands favourite desert/cake is 'Nannas Impossible Pie'. He can put it together in our Thermocook, pour it in a dish and into the oven. . Finally found a 'machine' he is comfortable using. We were so impressed we upgraded our generator so we can use the Thermocook on our boat.
Would like more recipes please and a specific tool for easier cleaning of the blade and kneading shaft. Highly recommend.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Like it so much I doubled up at our Holiday Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Our daughter in law is a Thermomix agent and I liked the concept but for what I thought I would use it for I could not justify the price. With the Thermocook price at less than half I thought I would give it a go. We make a lot of soup and that was a major reason for the purchase. I now use it for a range of other preparations and love it. We spent two months at our holiday home early this and I missed it so much I bought a second one.

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great addition to the kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Our ThermoCook has become a staple in our daily kitchen routine. It's ability to do so many different jobs is fantastic and we use it to make breakfasts, lunches, dinners and everything in between. It is easy to clean and easy to use and has reduced the need for many other appliances within our kitchen.

Brisbane

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers

Fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

The Thermocook has so many functions, and I am looking forward to exploring them all. It is not particularly intuitiive, so you need to use the instructions and cook book. The cook book instructions are not all that helpful.. for example, there is a picture of boiled eggs next to the boil function. But that isn't the way you do boiled eggs. The forum is helpful. Very helpful users and Froothie will answer your questions promptly.

Mount Barker

Date Purchased: May 2016

Great kitchen companion!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

After attending a Thermomix demonstration I was really impressed but couldn't justify the cost. After a lot of internet research I decided to try the Thermocook considering the 30 day money back grantee and I was lucky enough to get life time warranty. I am extremely happy with this machine. I love that I can steam vegetables, make sourdough and blitz absolutely anything in the one machine. The only downside is the recipe book, definitely needs upgrading and you can't blend at high speeds over 60 degrees. I understand it's a safety issue but for blending soup it's quite annoying having to wait for it to cool down.

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I was torn about getting a Thermomix I couldn't justify the cost but when I saw the Thermocook at less than 1/2 the priceI thought I'd give it a go. Well, the minute TC arrived we have had an ongoing love affair! I use the Thermomix recipes without any problems, TC gets used most days and I love it. The instruction book wasn't very clear but I muddled through. I think he is as good as a Thermomix.

Dandenong

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Views through the eyes of a newcomer!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

After researching the market in full and having 2 daughter-in-laws with Thermomix, decided to go with Thermocook Pro. Excellent service ordered Online one day and delivered the next. Now to start cooking recipes in the recipe book provided, however I look forward to improvements or online backup of recipes. Also adapting my own recipes to suit.
I am really looking forward to the future of "Thermo cooking".

1 of 3 pages