Orbit Homes is offering a $50 Bunnings gift voucher to their customers from November 2014 to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews during the terms of that offer were written by customers who received such a reward

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Good builder and an even better staff!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

The main reason we decided to select Orbit Homes was because of their house plans and economical pricing,along with the excellent service provided by Valentina Ilievska,who made us feel like family and family always look out for each other..that's how well she treated us.
There were a lot of delays which were unexpected and beyond anyone's control (weather before the slab could be poured in & garbage being dumped into the property which prevented gas line from being installed) and the build took longer to complete than what we initially anticipated. But we wouldn't have been able to keep a sane head over all these issues if it hadn't been for Lisa-Marie Kollarik's,(our customer service officer) continuous reassurance and updates on what's going to happen on site.She was very patient with all our enquiries and got back to us with information as soon as she got them from the site supervisor,Leigh Allan, who needs a special mention..You won't find a more down to earth and approachable guy than Leigh.He was always accomodating with our requests and we always felt positive and happy after a meeting with him.
A big 'Thank you' to all the other members of Orbit Homes including Craig McTaggart our Quality Assurance supervisor, Accounts Dept, Draftsman Bahar, contractors, suppliers and all those who worked to make this build possible..It was a wonderful journey with Orbit Homes!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Orbit Homes ... Great service and team !

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

From the first contact until our house was built, the people of this company were trustworthy, honest, realistic and most importantly great listeners. We had a fantastic experience with our site Supervisor Wayne, who was only to obliging to meet and discuss any of our concerns. As we were in an already established street, the neighbours commented on the tradespeople being friendly and obliging, and also commented on Wayne being friendly and willing to answer any questions.
Lisa and Carnita were amazing and were very helpful from a customer service perspective.
Our building is beautiful, and homely and very well built.. Anything that we have queried has been answered in a timely manner, even things that were not right (by mistake, which we all need to acknowledge, happens when you are dealing with loads of contractors and tradespeople!) have been addressed and plan of action with dates and timeframes. We could not be more satisfied and were shocked at how awesome this experience was compared to others experiences in our area.
Thanks Orbit Homes and the team of people who were behind making our dream home into a reality.
Special mention to Sue R, Wayne S, Carnita, Livio and Lisa K who made our experience memorable and positive. You guys are awesome.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Great family home to live in

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

Build was completed ahead of schedule which was a great delight and we were in for Christmas 2016 which was excellent. Build manager Dale was very knowledgeable, easy to deal with and responsive to questions, etc. Made the process stress free. A few of the finer details weren't finished off as well as we would have liked - eg paint job in the corners. A few extra things that required a visit to touch up and make good but that's normal as far as I know. All in all, smooth process and we love the house.

Nice house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2016

Build quality is good, few touch ups to be done but that's always expected. Overall trades did a good job.
The build was reasonably managed. Very slow for a builder of orbits size. Mostly due to hold ups from contractors.
Customer service was excellent on most parts. Lindy at sales in Craigieburn was perfect for the job! And would recommend any one thinking of building to go see her!
Marie was a great help and put up with my ten phone calls a day like a trooper!
Over all orbit has good inclusions for their price and I'm extremely happy with my end result!

As good as expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

The workmanship were good in general, except in some small details. I think some of the suppliers might need to be replaced in order to get excellent job. Anyway, the building quality was good as expected. The supervisor on site and customer service were excellent, offered quick responses and so far quick actions, which helped me save a lot of time and energy.

Verified Customer

There were problem along the way but generally very good to deal with. Extremely happy with the resu

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2016

The overall quality of the build has been very good. We have now been in the house for a few weeks and are very happy. The experience has been great and the post sales follow up has been reasonably timely.

From the outset there were some issue to be aware of

- The initial quoting process was a little lowball on the estimates but this is to be expected and common to most builders. No massive surprises however. They severely underestimated the fencing cost to us being on a corner block and not aware of the developers requirements. We were able to get about $5k of additional inclusions free over their initial quote which was great. As with all builders the "base" house doesn't resemble the display home with all the options, there was a big price differential but the sales guy helped us work through what we wanted without much pressure to upsell.

- Contracts and drawings were slow to complete and there were multiple error which we needed to get corrected. This is not all that surprising given the size of the job but some errors were elementary (windows mislabeled, some dimensions on the plans didn't match the spec). However Orbit corrected everything without fuss and added a free round of variations at no charge as a result. My main criticism here was they were not aware of the developer's requirements properly when preparing the plans and I had to get them to make change as a result.

- Customer service was excellent especially from their customer service officer who was always friendly and reasonable. She often didn't have the answers herself but could get them in a reasonable amount of time from the appropriate person. I was very impressed with the professionalism. Their colour consultant was great and helped us navigate the huge number of choices and gave good advice.

- The build mostly went smoothly. I strongly recommend checking the site weekly as we picked up several major errors early on before the builders did. The worst of which was the frame companies fault and not the builders however the site supervisor didn't pick it up until we pointed it out. These were rectified but delays were still incurred. Any query we had was responded to quickly and explanations were forthcoming.

- Overall the job came in $10k under the contract cost due to unused allowances (rock, generator, retaining wall and site costs) and was 2 weeks under the contracted build period (165 days). We were reasonably happy with this given the delays due to the frame issues and weather.

I would say that our experience has been a good one but make sure you check EVERYTHING. Orbit has been good to deal with and reasonable at every step. We were happy with the process and would not hesitate in recommending them. There are some processes they could tighten up and provide more information around such as NBN requests for connections but otherwise we are happy.

UPDATE: We have been in the house for several months now, we have had a couple of issues which have all been resolved in a reasonable time frame. We have 2 minor outstanding issues but these are waiting on A&L doors and windows not Orbit. Their post sales service has been excellent.

Melbourne

Home Sweet Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2016

We were thrilled with our Orbit Home experience. It was generally smooth from start to finish and we found the line of communication excellent. As it was our first time building we were aware we didn't know every step in the building process but Orbit Homes ensured we were kept informed at all times. We love the house! Workmanship (especially tiles/bathroom) is great. The only thing we would of liked some more work on was a couple of paint patches. The house was completed in 6 months. The longest most frustrating part of the whole experience was waiting for the land to title!! We highly recommend Orbit Homes.

Good and Value for Money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2016

Good professional service from the start to the finish. Great inclusions and good value for money. The site managers quite helpful and there is a faster response time. A great amount of choice in the colour selection which would result in lesser upgrades compared to other builders. Only draw back is delay in construction time. It took me more than 8 months to construct a 24sq/ meter house.

December 7th 2016 Update: Another Excellent Job

After building one house with decided to built another one with them.Once again I was not let down from the time the costings were done until the house was handed over to me. Building supervisors Marty and Martin were exceptional and was always there to help me and guide me through the building process. Marie Marandi the customer service was very helpful and was prompt and helpful to come back with answers.

Love my new house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

Overall I’m very happy that I chose Orbit Homes to build my new house. Everyone from the Sales Team in the display homes to Site Supervisor were very helpful and willing to take the time to explain the process in details with me. The finishings in my home are wonderful and I have nothing but positive reviews from everyone who walks in my front door. I would highly recommend Orbit homes for their quality homes and professional service.

Lovely home, great communication

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

We are incredibly happy with our new home from Orbit. The quality of the workmanship is fantastic and any items we identified as needing additional attention were quickly rectified. All staff we dealt with were professional and courteous. We were kept up to date throughout the process by our customer service coordinator and building supervisor and all our questions were answered promptly throughout the process. Great service, friendly staff, and a beautiful home!

Love my home.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

Great house, would build with again based on experience. Workmanship is on point. Very happy with the quality of the home! Orbit had great deals to help make the house come to be what it is today. Supervisor was a genuinely great guy who answered all questions at inspections. Replies to enquiries through email were very good and informative also.

melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Professional To Deal With, Quality Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2015

We built a custom home in Bayside and it is absolutely beautiful. High quality finishes and building. The initial sales coordinator was very knowledgeable, the site supervisor was very experienced and the customer service officer was very professional and always followed through. Down side to the build, their drafting department is a nightmare to deal with and from initial contact to being on site took 9-10 months, admittedly we did make some changes throughout but it takes a month just to get a quote. Once onsite they were quick with the build, unfortunately we had them do most of our landscaping, the quality of which was shocking, we had to get a landscaper in afterwards to fix his mistakes at a high cost, our deck looked warn and creeks badly (even though it was brand new), fencing was rickety and "structurally unsound". The landscaper fixing orbit's contractors mistake was perplexed by some of the dodgy work and couldn't understand why he didn't just do it properly to begin with. The build would have been completed weeks earlier the correct amount of tiling been ordered they ordered 25 tiles as opposed to 25 square meters of tiles. Pool builder was also suppose to supply us with an automated cleaner, yet to hear back from him on how to maintain the pool or the status of our cleaner. Overall I would recommend them as a quality custom builder, provided you already have working plans and have your own landscaper.

Very satisfied!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2015

We have a very good experience with Orbit Homes. Frrom start to when the home was finished, they were very helpful in everything so that we can have the home that we want. Workmanship is good. Construction supervisors and site supervisors were very helpful. We are Very satisfied with the outcome of our home. Our costumer service officer is always available for our concerns. We were informed about all the cganges and updates. And finally when we have to contact them for a quick query about the house after we moved in, they are fast in responding and problem solved.

Good & Honest Builders

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

Excellent Customer Service during construction. Overall the workmanship was good with excellent quality control, Upfront costs & no hidden costs.
All site issues were explained well in advance and charges were not over the top.
The build was managed in an orderly fashion & there were at least 3 inspections by the supervisor & client together.
Ongoing customer service is excellent after the build.

Verified Customer

Built what we asked for - happy home owners!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2015

We researched extensively for builders who did Knock Down & Rebuild and Orbit came out a clear winner. We had a challenging block which was inner-city Melbourne and only 9 metres wide. Through the design phase, our designer and custom build consultant (who were fabulous!) listened to what we wanted and came up with a design that we were more than happy with - which included a 2 storey home using lots of natural north facing light, maximum insulation, double glazed windows, water tanks connected to toilets & outside taps etc etc. Colour selection and the interior design was also wonderful and we are VERY happy with the result.
During the build phase there were some issues but they were all resolved quickly and nothing was too much trouble. There are always going to be issues with a build of this nature and Orbit were quick to come to a solution and resolve it. We were very happy with the service of the Customer Service Officer & site manager and built a good relationship with both over the 11 months of the build. They were also fabulous.
We are very happy with the finished product and can see quality materials have been used throughout (we LOVE our spotted gum floors!!!). The whole process took 2 years (from design phase, knock down to completed build) and we found Orbit to be very good to work with and a great choice in company for this project. We love our new home!

Good Builder

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2015

Great customer service. From day one, they've always been very prompt with their replies, despite the fact that their HQ is at Victoria and I'm in Queensland. The materials used for the price of the house is better than expected. The design is also considerably good. The only flaws were that the process was slower than expected for a simple single floor 3 bedroom house. Another would be that the small details of the final products (wall corners, skirting/architrave paints) were a bit rough. Other than these 2 problems, we're quite satisfied with the final product considering our budget.

First time building

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2014

Our home is impeccably well built! We are over the moon about the quality and amazing inclusions that else where are classified as "upgrades". All staff are friendly and helpful although more explanations during the building process would have been preferable, as we were first time builders and not knowing what to expect, and ended up with a misplaced window due to an architectural mistake. Our home was built well within the time frame and overall we are more than pleased with the end result.

+ We loved the flexibility in designing our home. Our sales consultant was fantastic at putting our vision onto paper.

- Colour selection could have been presented and explained more thoroughly. More communiction with our building supervisor would have improved our building experience.

Comments
Orbit Homes Official

Hi Paul, thank you for your review and your fantastic feedback on your experience. Wonderful to hear how our team was friendly and helpful during your first home build experience. We take on board ... read more »

Bent Over Backwards

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2014

Having built a number of times and having a family in the building industry I found the communication at all stages very good. The product I choose was a perfect fit for my situation and after much exploring and investigation I figured this was definitely the way to go, build a new house with Orbit.

+ Ease of procedures and the helpful people in the office.

- The only thing I could say is that I proceeded on the basis that I was going to be in by April. With all the hold ups - not neccessarily Orbit's fault, I was not in until August. Nearly 5 months later than expected.

Comments
Orbit Homes Official

Dear Susan, We appreciate your review and thank you for providing us with your feedback. It’s great to read that your happy with the communication Orbit provided.We take on board your feedback in ... read more »

Satisfied, good progress. friendly and helpful staff.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2014

Explanation process from our building supervisor was good, orbit homes have good progress and are friendly and have helpful staff. I am happy with the final product of my home. my treatment as a valued customer was excellent and based on my building experience I would probably build with orbit homes again.

+ Friendly staff

- Site plans were missleading when drawn up

Comments
Orbit Homes Official

Dear Leslie, We appreciate your feedback and value your review. It’s great to read that you had great service from our staff throughout building your home from start to finish. We value every singl... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

My first home, built by Orbit Homes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2014

Yes, overall was good experience, though I cannot compare to other companies, as this was my first home and building experience.
Display home- sales guy was very helpful, with lots of advice to help me and what to expect. Stayed in contact with me during construction, and recommended some services for blinds, landscaping.
Reason I actually choose Orbit was because it was the only company that was able to alter my floor plan to suit my block, as I wanted to make the house take up as much off the available build space as possible, with small yard. Also, as I am a 'younger' female client with a baby, many display home consultants didn't care or acknowledge me- they just presumed " i'm some bogan having a look at the display house, dreaming", and I had no money or something, so they wouldn't even waste they're time trying to get my business, so I was happy the sales consultant, from Epping North Display home, sat down with me, and gave me fair service.
Down fall to my experience with Orbit was paper work taking a while due to permits and drafting of the home. CSO was very efficient with communication and accounts was very fast- happy with that.
I would have liked to have my interior design appointment in 2 sessions, or to be given some brochures, catalogues to get some ideas before being put on the spot to pick everything, and sign the contract with no idea!! Though I think interior designer gave me good advice and I thought it would be safe to stay with neutral and similar colours.
My main delay was the bank and waiting for permits, and changes to drafting of floor plan. Permits were available in Orbit portal, and office was unaware?-- I did a lot of chasing people from Hume council, to get answers, to try and move things faster. Then inconveniently it was too close to Christmas break to commence construction so I had to wait longer, about 5 weeks of nothing happening. Began the process in August 2013. House completed in August 2014, but contraction time was only 6.5 months.
Happy to soon have my first home, and happy with the outcome.

+ Happy to have Deluxe package to include some upgrades to the standard features, plus 900mm applicaces.Good communiction via emai with CSO.

- Wouldnt say I got the cheapest price for the house that it is, but I guess "you get what you pay for", would be better to know there is a longer warranty on structure.... some other compaies offer 30 -50 yrs? Paper work seemed to take to long. Interoir design appointment felt rushed- I would suggest 2 appointments or providing the clients with catalogues or brouchures or an outline on what kind of things they will be choosing colours for and whats availible in the catagories. Nicer colours and styles were always in Catagories 2-4 which were more expensive. Uglier colours/styles in Catagories1

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Orbit Homes Official

Hi Sarah, We appreciate your review and thank you for providing us with your detailed feedback. It’s great to read that this was your first home and you choose Orbit, we thank you for choosing us t... read more »

1 of 2 pages