Orbit Homes is offering a $50 Bunnings gift voucher to their customers from November 2014 to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews during the terms of that offer were written by customers who received such a reward

• 27 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2009

Our experience with Orbit was very stressful, above everything already mentioned the house was delayed by 7 weeks being finished, the brickwork around the whole house looks like a child had done it, took a long time to get them to do the little things that needed doing at the end to complete the house. I would never recommend Orbit based of the quality of the house unless your prepared to fix up alot of their shoddy work yourselves. Their very good at selling the product but poor on their delivery!

+ The only postitive was dealing with the salesperson at the beginning as he was quite professional.

- Absolute crap workmanship, site manager making excuses about not being able to find available tradesmen to do the job, Brickwork was so bad they had to pull it down and redo it, and it was still so bad we had to render it, They painted the whole house the wrong colour to what we chose, the tiles had to be ripped up because they were the wrong ones, the window frames are so bowed that our plantation shutters wouldn't fit in them, we had to repaint the skirting boards as they had not been sanded and painted properly, All our gutters are leaking during rain periods, the doors all shake if there is a breeze in the house as they haven't been fitted properly, the quality of the painting done in the house was so bad we had to repaint the whole house!

27 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2012

I am going through this at the very moment - the house was to be completed by June 1. The wrong benches in the kitchen were installed and they tried to tell us that we verbally asked for the change, although this was not reflected in the concrete. On a long winded "fight" with them over this, Orbit decided to replace the benches - however the replacement benches were also the incorrect ones! Otherwise, generally dodgey work all around. Open area lights are not in straight lines, tile expansion gaps are dark brown where our grout is cream, they ran out of bricks at the front of the house so now there are two different shades of brick (very obvious), mortar is falling out from in between bricks, the surfaces weren't prepared before painting - so I have bugs painted over on the window sills, window frames have been damaged and still installed, large divets in the plaster that have been painted over, paint splatters/runs everywhere, cracked tiles, uneven architraves, the incorrect front door fitted, rusty old hinges put on the front doors to the house, uneven verandah poles at the front, sliding doors that aren't aligned and can't be closed, the list goes on. And to top it all off, when there was a lot of rain the roof wasn't sealed so parts of the house were flooded with water - including the plaster (which left yellow water stains) in more than one area, even in advising Orbit of this, they painted straight over the top and told us "she'll be right our plaster has water retention and if anything does happen you have a 7 year HIA guarantee you can call in on" and would not replace the water damaged plaster.
Be very wary of this company and take advice from the reveiws given here.

+ House layout suited us

- They talk in "grey areas" and do not like to specify where they can avoid it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2009

My only advice to any prospective client of Orbit, do not sign anything, turn away and select another builder. These guys are complete rubbish. Pay a bit more and get quality for your dollar. As mentioned on every review the quality of work is very dubious, all labour and materials are horribly below par. Do not waste your money on these losers. Sign with these idiots and you'll spend your life ringing up and complaining then of course falling on deaf ears. They are dodgy, have no accountability, and I hope they get revealed on national television for the shisters they truly are. They should have their builder's license revoked.

+ Cheap.

- You get EXACTLY what you pay for.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2009

Get a few handy mates together and do the job yourself...you couldn't do any worse.
I see in the ratings I can only go as low as "poor", so read that as "s...house" !!

+ Liked the layout of the display home. The finish on the display home was better than most.

- Where do I start. This page isn't big enough !
1. Took 4 months to draw up contract
2. Took 3 months for their own certifier to approve plans.
3. Did not start construction for 3 months after approval received
4. We paid to have our large block contoured in a certain way...they did it their way.
5. Roof tiles had to be removed and replaced because they "forgot" the sarking under the tiles.
6. Wrong bricks used...refused to replace them with correct bricks
7. All windows & doors had to be removed including surrounding brickwork because they were all installed at the wrong level.
8. Roof trusses weren't even, so internal ceiling had more waves in it than the Pacific Ocean.
9. Kitchen was made in Melbourne and shipped to Brisbane. Obviously no one had laid it out to check it before shipping it...because it didn't fit. While trying to rectify their stuff up, they chipped the laminex and just covered it up with a bit of filler.
10. Wrong oven fitted...now they have to rebuild that part of the kitchen to accommodate the right oven which is bigger
11. Windows and sliding door lay in the dirt for nearly 6 months before being installed. Sliding door was damaged and someone did a bit of panel work on it with a hammer.
12. Tradespeople were dirty and untidy, leaving food scraps and empty cartons all over the house and throwing cigarette butts around everywhere. There was no garbage cage on the job so left over bits were just throw around all over the site.
13. When brickwork was replaced around refitted windows and doors, it looked like they'd got a few kids from the local kindergarten to do the work.
14.After signing the contract in August 2007, they gave themselves nearly a year, until July 2008, to finish the job. It is now 29th September and it's still not finished.

• 25 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2009

ignorant arrogant idiotic poor quality no customer service it will take at least 14 months to finsih although they say 6 no communication stay away from this builder at all costs please stay away

+ you must be joking

- anything a builder is meant to provide they did not

25 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 23 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2012

We have had nothing but problems from day one with trying to sign up.
We should have been in our new home 14months ago (June 2007).
We are now seeking legal advise this Tuesday. We are putting a story together for ACA & the Gold Coast Bulletin(where we have a really good friend in management).
We are looking to sue for liquidated damages & if you are interested we are looking for other people who have had BAD business dealings with this company to form a class action law suit against Orbit Homes. We are also looking at taking on the BSA for their lack of intervention during the construction of properties when things get out of hand with any building company.
If you are interested in joining us please contact us on kelly_aie@live.com.au

+ non what so ever

- they cost us money

23 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 23 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2009

It took us about 4 months to even get started with Orbit as the first site manager was incompetent and couldn’t find power on the site, it was sitting in a conduit where it always is! When we did get started our slab was poured short on one side so our frame hung off the slab by about 6 inches on one side.

The only time work has been done on site is when we have called through to the head office and spoken to the CEO of the company, even then it’s only an hour or two per week by the odd contractor here and there. He was nice on the phone but never called us back or ever took any action to rectify our issues (their problems start at the top).

All the work that has been done looks to have been completed by unskilled or apprentice labour and I think I could have done a better job than most of them. I think some of the homes in Asia that are 200 years old are in better shape than our newly built home, which we are living in but is yet to be completed (only 4 months past contract date).

If you are considering building with Orbit I truly hope you read this comment because if you sign a contract with them you are condemning yourself to 12-18 months of torture & stress! Their senior managers don’t care, their local managers don’t care, their site managers don’t care and I know that their contractors don’t care either. Please don’t waste your money with these cowboys like we did.

+ Good design that suited our needs. Great salesman who has now left the company due to pathetic management, processes etc

- Too many to list here but a few - 4 site managers, lengthy delays, sub standard work and finish inside & to many broken promises.

23 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 22 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2009

Spare yourself a lot of headache. Look somewhere else. Our next step will be to get the BSA and Master Builders Association involved. Rating them a 1 is like a complement.

+ Good value for money. Professional advice and treatment by sales rep. Plan adjusted easily for our specific needs.

- Admin staff abusive and rude. Work will only be done when threats are made. Building site never cleaned during process. Bad workmanship in bathroom - ceiling board misaligned and does not meet cornish. Response to communication slow or non-existant. Building foreman ignores phone calls. Could not speak to him at all. Everything are left half completed for weeks on end. The roof was erected during September, of which parts is not completed. So also the gables, awnings and built-ins. The mobile toilet has been removed and the contractors are using our patio as a urinal - smelly. The bricks have been permanently stained by contractors washing equipment at outside tap. The temporary downpipes disintigrated at the first shower, leaving the area around the slab looking like a swamp. Due to the long time it takes to complete, the regrowth is higher than 3 meters.

22 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 21 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2009

dont build with them well as a trady good and bad cuase you dont get superviced you do your best you can. get paid then come back to fix anything left behind when it should of been done right the first time.they dont care about the clients.the only thing care about is taking your money.you see I work for them so I now been with them for 3 years and I see all clients . not 1 is happy the only thing they look after is the investment properties JLF you see 10 to 20 houses in the some street thats where the money is they care about 1 client house thats just extra $$$$

- they change supervicers all the time so they dont even now whats going on ,what trade did what. it takes weeks tork in out and then they quite and starts all over again.

21 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 42 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2010

It appears this forum speaks for itself. I have never come across so many bad reports about one company before. I guess we are one of the lucky ones in a way, we never got to a construction stage. We lost $3000.00 for pulling out of Orbit prior to signing a Contract. I wish I had the energy to take them and my issue with them further. We signed with them in November of 07 as as of March 08 we still do not have a contract. FOUR MONTHS!! When we signed up we were advised we would be in my Christmas 08 - that was never going to happen. We have moved onto Adenbrook Homes and signed with them in March and have already been produced a Contract. We had to pay extra of course and they guarantee build time. The service is excellent and I wish I went to them in the beginning. I now understand that the building process is only stressful when you are dealing with incompetent companies. Save yourself money, time and stress and build with SOMEONE ELSE!!!

+ None...NONE.....NONE

- I dislike everything with Orbit Homes, especially their customer service. Their inability to get the job done. Their professionalism.

20 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 20 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2009

While initially the construction of the house went according to plan, it died down after "lock up stage". The reasons (building boom) for this that was given to us seems not realistic as other houses in the area built by Orbit went ahead.
It appeared to us that we were kept quiet with very little work done to the house a couple of hours a week.
Our advice is to set down your conditions before signing a contract with Orbit after all you are the customer. If Orbit doesn't agree, look for another builder.
Keep a close eye during construction and keep ringing!!!!

+ the design of the house was good and suited us

- The start of construction went ok up to "lock-up" stage when most of the money was paid. Then it virtually stopped with little work done to the house for nearly 3 months. It took many phonecalls to get something done or answers.
The building site looks neglected and messy.
Many minor mistakes were made mainly wrong orders.
Too many different supervisors (4) were in charged during constructions causing unnecessery delays, vital information (names and contact numbers of trades people) were lost etc.
Promised completion date (before christmas) was not up held leaving us to make different accommodation arrangements.

20 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 19 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2010

Stay well away from this crowd, they are not worth it. They are signing on too many customers and haven't got the resources to cope with the work load.

- Slow, they don't care. Too many mistakes. Arrogant. After 18 months our house still isn't ready. Badly lacking in the customer care area. Workmanship isn't all that flash. They are keen to sign you on but as soon as you do they stop caring about you.

19 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 19 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2009

Having to chase / scream at them constantly... even talking directly to GM in queensland seems to have had no effect.... as an investment home builder, have already given ten builds TO SOMEONE ELSE, as they are BAD.... standard build time in the industry is 16-20 weeks. I'm now looking at 35 weeks........ STAY AWAY.

+ finish, look and design of houses

- SLLLLOOOOWWWW - some work not up to spec.

19 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 11 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2010

We moved in nearly 5 months ago - After a year and a half long battle involving the general manager which is a total waste of time by the way. The GM doesn't care just as long as they get their money. He makes out that his does but when it goes on forever he's just as bad as the rest of them. All you get are lies lies and gee more lies. Our place still isn't 100% finished yet. Orbit Homes is an absolute disaster of a company and if only we had the money we would have fought them all the way but the fact is if we had the money we wouldn't have built with Orbit anyway. Whatever you do don't build with them they will screw you over big time and frankly they couldn't care less. They don't deserve to be able to build homes and stuff peoples lives around.

18 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 18 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2008

Orbit Homes builds between 400-500 homes a year. 11 reviews a year does not a year make. We chose Orbit based on their award winning designs especially the awards they have earned in QLD. Orbit was very upfront about the site concerns with the lot we purchased. Something our developer forgot to mention. I believe after purchasing a lot on about the worst possiable plot of land that their are too many variables(weather, Soil class, price increases, labor shortages, and worst of all Council Approvals) to expect a one company to be able to fix them all. Despite material pricing going through the roof Orbit maintained our agreed upon contract price even though my wife and I know they ate a good portion due to uncontrolable delays. No company put out a quality house in under a year from signing. In fact Orbit put our house through council in half the time of our friends who did it themselvs. I don't judge the Mcdonalds Franchise based on one chain store. As you can't judge a company based on a employee, lord knows it hard enough to find one let alone 91 great employees. All in All I am pleased our home and know if Orbit were to review us as customers we'd proably have faults also. I do feel sorry for the 12-20 people who said that the reviews they read effected their opinion to purchase an Orbit Home. Wait a few months and check all home builder you'll see the same review for them too. People happy with their homes usually don't write reviews they are too busy enjoying life. As for me I goggled Orbit to find a display village for a find and happened upon this site!

+ Upfront empolyees not afraid to admit a mistake. Award Winning Home Designs from Master Builder (for the review who was trying to call them in to investigate Orbit.)

- Would have appreciated 3D drawings and a bit of a more colourful presentation to include our colour selection.

18 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 17 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2012

We have had nothing but stuff ups since lock up - shoddy workmanship, jobs half completed and still not finished 4 weeks later. We have two tiles missing out of the kitchen and the tiling is not level with the skirting board. They put cheap wood in the roof feature instead of the proper timber (hoped we wouldn't notice i guess), tiled the theatre room when we paid extra to put good carpet in, and now we've just found that the driveway hasn't been cut out to the curb. When we got the list of inclusions for the move-in-pack this was included, but it was taken out in the contract and not told us. To me this is false advertising. What we thought was good value for money is very definately NOT!!!

+ good house design, good work up until lock up stage

- pretty much everything else

17 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 16 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2012

I was amused to read all of the reviews and I can honestly say that I whole heartedly agree with every negative response. I agree because I lived it myself. I am tired of hearing Orbit's excuses and now it is time to do something about it.

If you are interested in joining me in legal action or taking the matter to the media then please email me at orbitfeedback@gmail.com and we will join forces.

The obvious entries by Orbit staff themselves has just tipped me over the edge. If you are considering building with Orbit please do not. It will bring you pain.

+ Pretty much nothing..... but I am still looking.

- Far too many to go into here.

• 38 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2009

Stop writing your own reviews Orbit. It's obivous that the 14th of Feb entry is your own. Pathetic. It's the only positive one there. There aren't any positive comments about them on this site because everyone you speak with who have built through them will tell you that even the staff working there want to leave as the company is poorly organised. The GM in Brisbane has no idea how to run the place and they just promote incompetent staff because no one decent wants to work for them. They finished our house Sept 07, however they are still completing things that weren't finished properly. But we have to keep chasing them up. They promise things will be done and then they say, no its fine the way it is so we won't fix it now. They should be ashamed of themselves. Don't build with them. They are hopeless from the first stage onwards. I don't even think they are worth a rating 1 on this site.

+ There is none. You pick a design you really like, the display looks good, but when they build you a house, it is poor workmanship all over it.

- Everything. Don't build with Orbit Homes. They don't provide any customer service, all the managers lie to you and you have to chase everything up with them. The Brisbane Office is terrible.

• 36 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2009

We are sick to death of babysitting them on this project - if we aren't there every weekend they are building the house completely wrong. I have to email the customer service person on mondays with the mistakes that were made during the last week so they can be rectified. Some of these include incorrect fencing, wrong design of landscaping, incorect areas getting concreted, incorrect colour of concrete, wonky fencing, unstable retaining walls, O.R.G and pipes placed in the wrong position, etc. We had a building inspector come through who found gaps in the roof where you could see the sunlight through!

I now believe 100% that our house was built with next to no supervision from Orbit staff. We've had four supervisors so far. The first three quit during the process. The latest one hasn't even seen the display house and has no idea what he's building - not that it matters because he's been on holidays for weeks.

They will try to bully you. They will try to ignore you. They will try everything in their power to exclude you from the process. They treat you terribly. They blame the weather for delays but if you go to the house on a perfectly sunny day there will be no one there working.

We've taken our problems past customer service, past the building supervisor, past the supervisors manager to the general manager of the brisbane office and we're still waiting.

+ Still nothing - aside from what is, I believe, an honest attempt by the manager to see the house get finished finally. Although he hasn't been successful- This is an update to my previous review on April 28th, 2008. Just to prove to everyone how terrible they are--- We have still not moved in

- See below ---

And whatever you do make sure you get an independant building inspector through before you go to final payment!!

• 15 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2009

We paid our deposit in March 07, we are only now up to getting the wet area's tiled! Like all the other comments we have had issue's right from the word go.... from setting up the appointment to sign contracts, losing our colour selection charts (the excuse for delay's) site supervisor not showing up to his own meeting on site, our sink waste pipe was in the lounge room (lucky we pointed it out hey?) the site mess developing into a mountain, 3 different heights in the wet area tiling (and not laid flat either!)..... they painted the front doors the wrong colour and we have since moved interstate, but prior to moving we noted the tiling errors and it has been 10 weeks to get the tiles ordered to fix the mistakes, and they have not ordered enough so we may have another 10 weeks to wait....who knows! In the mantime we have had another block built on and the house completed by a small builder in 16 weeks. This is our third house that we have built and the incompetence and lack of respect for the paying customer has left us resentful and extremely angry. We will also be taking it further, and hope that the builder is exposed for who they really are... Please do NOT even consider walking into a display home, it is not worth it.

+ This website! This sound board is great to expell the rage that has built inside

- Really not sure where to start...

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes