Orbit Homes is offering a $50 Bunnings gift voucher to their customers from November 2014 to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews during the terms of that offer were written by customers who received such a reward

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2010

No wonder why Orbits Warranty is only 6 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

We built in 2010 with a great build time and pretty good service. This is where it all ends. As time goes by you realise the cheapness of the materials/ fittings, along with the sloppy/negligent workmanship that has been put into your home. Hello where is the great customer service gone!!!! We in our 8th year, and something we put down to natural movement of the house, our skirting has suddenly sagged big time. Orbit simply responded that the house is out of warranty, every other correspondence attempt with them has been politely avoided. It turns out on an engineers inspection that the main trusses of the roof (the part that holds your roof up) have not been bolted together as per building guidelines. So now we have parts of the roof holding all that weight that shouldn't be. I'm under the realisation that this is now not a warranty issue but SERIOUS NEGLIGENT workmanship. The truss company that supplied the trusses has passed the buck back to Orbits being responsible. I will also be contacting the company that approved the work done. The bottom line is that this was all work employed by Orbits. Be VERY careful with this builder and good luck if your already living in one of their homes that it doesn't fall down around you like ours is!!!!!!

Shocker - Stay away from them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2012

The deal they did with us was that they will only charge us for the drawings initially and take us through the permit process. Once all approved they will quote us for building.

Full payment was asked upfront and was provided. The drawing were nowhere close to complete by the deadline they gave us and as you would have guessed, the agent was unreachable after making the payment. On deciding to escalate the matter to their management, I was transferred to the sales person's PA who pretended to be his manager. After telling her that I am now recording the conversation, she admitted that she was the sales person's PA not his manager.

The whole thing didn't go anywhere. I had to cancel all the work I gave them and ended up waiting $$ as well as time.

What I think of them:
- No work ethics
- No respect of deadlines

- bad service

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2012

Strip thier building license off..and get your new home safe in a new builder hands other than ORBIT . Orbit makes your home dream a dream...

+ Only thing i can say is" you are actually buying problems and all you can see your home in a most dissappointed way with your peace of mind lost".

- God ! i firstly cant say " Orbit" as professional builder at all. They simply lie a lot and sales consutnats dont know what they are supposed to know and the real problem starts there. YOu believe that what every sales consultants tell proudly about quality, craftmansship, Care after sging up is all rubbish. They hve the worst customer service and supervisor on board to build houses. They have worst drafters and engineers and was shcoked to see mistakes in the contract book. How could a builder have plans wrongly drawn up and expect the end result of the house to to be a good one. I really plead all home buyers to keep away from them. The mistakes when poited are alwys negeletced and even when pointed ..they simply have so many excuses to fob us off.
My advice spend a couple of more dollars and search for a better builder.Most disgusting builder ..................

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2012

Customer service absoulutely appaling and hopeless. Asked Customer service manager to give address where I can write written complaints, she advised me there nothing like that.

+ At the point of sale, sales consultants were great

- Hopeless everthing apart from great promising sales consultants. Office staff is all about backup and ones complain remains there one. It will never go anywhere but worst cumstomer server manager. There is no customer service at Orbit. This is the most unprofessional organisation I have ever dealt with.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2012

Do yourself a favour and run, slow at geting contracts out like 8 months, then trhey overchage you, please add up all numbers you will find overcharges to trhe max, when you question them on it, they just fob you off, takes way to long to get to site,there is no customer service, yet they tell you your cso will be in contact 2-3 times a week and they are not, very slow at responding to your questions and they will not provide you with your site supervisors name or contact phone number, there wanswer is to ring your cso and they will relay it to ss. Please read your contract very carefully or do yourself a bigger favour and build with a decent builder. This has been the biggest most costly mistake of my life and the slab isn't even poured.Don't hold out much hope for the rest of the house. Please read your plans as well, they leave things off then blame someone else and you end up paying for it. Can not give a postive review on anything

+ House design

- Everything,misleading, no customer service

• 8 helpful votes

charge charge charge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2012

[name removed] was great, secured me a great quote and helped me every step of the way. pitty management werent the same. they took over 4 months to get a contract to me, which was wrong! the drawings were incorrect, reports and tests didnt match the drawings, it pays to check! i cancelled and am now going through there breakdowns of my spendings. they have charged me for the incorrect reports, they have charged me for information requests on 9 other jobs not just mine. im in the industry and i will say it pays to check, if you can get someone to look at the drawings contract before i advise it!
steer clear!

+ davide the salesman

- everything else

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Dont even go there.
Slick saleswoman saw us coming as first home buyer and decided to rip us at every turn. We went to contract but got knocked back on finance twice because the house was overpriced(thats all)...we had minimal upgrades and extras.
When aproached she said that two valuers had got it wrong and she wouldnt move on price at all and only offered her finance broker saying that her broker could do it.....im sorry love i wouldnt buy a house that has been overvalued twice at over 40,000 anyway...I still remember the words from her as we left the contract signing and i quote "You guys wont have trouble with valuation here"

- Cons? Yeah that sounds correct

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2012

Worst builder I have seen, keep away. It's better for you to pay a bit more to get a decent builder. Alsothe good reviews here sounded more like advertisement than review. I suspect they are written by Orbit Home staffs.

- Worst builder, do not go with them. The prices increased after they secured your interest and before signing contract (blamed it on developer although developer did not raise the price). After contract is signed and before building keep sending you variation to downgrade the house with no compensation. Very rude sales people.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2012

God how I wish we had of seen this website BEFORE we made one of the biggest mistakes in our life!! We decided to build a Waverley with Orbit and it has been a total disaster from the start, much like all the reviews here. I don't know how they can sleep at night, we found them to be dishonest, lousy workmanship - slow God so slow, unprofessional and living in Qld we were horrified when we worked out for everything (and we mean everything) you MUST DEAL WITH VICTORIA, how can a builder, building in QLD only operate out of another state? easy - they don't give a damn about there customers just sucking as much money out of them as possible. Save yourself a lot of stress and heart-ache and find another builder.

• 16 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2012

I was amused to read all of the reviews and I can honestly say that I whole heartedly agree with every negative response. I agree because I lived it myself. I am tired of hearing Orbit's excuses and now it is time to do something about it.

If you are interested in joining me in legal action or taking the matter to the media then please email me at orbitfeedback@gmail.com and we will join forces.

The obvious entries by Orbit staff themselves has just tipped me over the edge. If you are considering building with Orbit please do not. It will bring you pain.

+ Pretty much nothing..... but I am still looking.

- Far too many to go into here.

16 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 17 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2012

We have had nothing but stuff ups since lock up - shoddy workmanship, jobs half completed and still not finished 4 weeks later. We have two tiles missing out of the kitchen and the tiling is not level with the skirting board. They put cheap wood in the roof feature instead of the proper timber (hoped we wouldn't notice i guess), tiled the theatre room when we paid extra to put good carpet in, and now we've just found that the driveway hasn't been cut out to the curb. When we got the list of inclusions for the move-in-pack this was included, but it was taken out in the contract and not told us. To me this is false advertising. What we thought was good value for money is very definately NOT!!!

+ good house design, good work up until lock up stage

- pretty much everything else

17 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 23 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2012

We have had nothing but problems from day one with trying to sign up.
We should have been in our new home 14months ago (June 2007).
We are now seeking legal advise this Tuesday. We are putting a story together for ACA & the Gold Coast Bulletin(where we have a really good friend in management).
We are looking to sue for liquidated damages & if you are interested we are looking for other people who have had BAD business dealings with this company to form a class action law suit against Orbit Homes. We are also looking at taking on the BSA for their lack of intervention during the construction of properties when things get out of hand with any building company.
If you are interested in joining us please contact us on kelly_aie@live.com.au

+ non what so ever

- they cost us money

23 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 26 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2012

I am going through this at the very moment - the house was to be completed by June 1. The wrong benches in the kitchen were installed and they tried to tell us that we verbally asked for the change, although this was not reflected in the concrete. On a long winded "fight" with them over this, Orbit decided to replace the benches - however the replacement benches were also the incorrect ones! Otherwise, generally dodgey work all around. Open area lights are not in straight lines, tile expansion gaps are dark brown where our grout is cream, they ran out of bricks at the front of the house so now there are two different shades of brick (very obvious), mortar is falling out from in between bricks, the surfaces weren't prepared before painting - so I have bugs painted over on the window sills, window frames have been damaged and still installed, large divets in the plaster that have been painted over, paint splatters/runs everywhere, cracked tiles, uneven architraves, the incorrect front door fitted, rusty old hinges put on the front doors to the house, uneven verandah poles at the front, sliding doors that aren't aligned and can't be closed, the list goes on. And to top it all off, when there was a lot of rain the roof wasn't sealed so parts of the house were flooded with water - including the plaster (which left yellow water stains) in more than one area, even in advising Orbit of this, they painted straight over the top and told us "she'll be right our plaster has water retention and if anything does happen you have a 7 year HIA guarantee you can call in on" and would not replace the water damaged plaster.
Be very wary of this company and take advice from the reveiws given here.

+ House layout suited us

- They talk in "grey areas" and do not like to specify where they can avoid it

26 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2011

Overall, Orbit Homes do have a few great people working for them who strive their best to get things right and make their customers happy. However, the post handover service is shocking.

If you are one who do not want to deal with the builders so often after handover, be it fixing up mistakes or maintenance, i will not recommend them.

+ Great floor plans. Love the tilers and brickies' work. Customer Service Manager and Foreman were professional and managed to rectify the errors made by Customer Admin Officer.

- Sales:
What you see is not what you get and the Sales person did not walk us through thoroughly. E.g. the display house do not have a niche at the entry but we were surprised with one.

Admin:
The Customer Admin Officer stuff up so many paperwork and our variation that we end up watching Orbit Home's back with their every action and correspondence.

Building:
During pre-tile inspection, they delivered the wrong tiles. On top of that, many variations were not delivered e.g. we requested fly screens and floor to ceiling tiles, we ended up having to get other tradies to do it.

Building quality is average. The tilers and brickies did a fantastic job. However the end product still leaves us with:
1. An uneven floor (hence my wardrobe does not shut)
2. A roof that wasn't nailed down properly and was "flying in the wind"
3. Walls weren't painted properly and fill marks are noticeable
4. Bathroom walls painted in flat paint so streaks of condensation (despite having the fan on during shower) has marked the walls

Post Handover Service & Maintenance:
The maintenance manager made excuses to get away fixing EVERY item identified that required to be fixed. This was absolutely upsetting as he did not even attempt to try. One example was he was trying to tell me that it is supposed to be like that when the wardrobe could not shut. And when pointed out the marked walls, he suggested that we look at it at different angle.

The post handover service is so poor that we had to personally contact Orbit Homes to make an appointment for the post 3 month inspection as no one bothered to contact us.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 11 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2010

We moved in nearly 5 months ago - After a year and a half long battle involving the general manager which is a total waste of time by the way. The GM doesn't care just as long as they get their money. He makes out that his does but when it goes on forever he's just as bad as the rest of them. All you get are lies lies and gee more lies. Our place still isn't 100% finished yet. Orbit Homes is an absolute disaster of a company and if only we had the money we would have fought them all the way but the fact is if we had the money we wouldn't have built with Orbit anyway. Whatever you do don't build with them they will screw you over big time and frankly they couldn't care less. They don't deserve to be able to build homes and stuff peoples lives around.

18 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2010

Thanks to everyones reviews my partner and myself have pulled out of getting the paperwork started with Orbit Homes and making the biggest mistakes of our lives. We did put in a $1,000 deposit but we basically lied our way out of it so they didnt try to convince us to stay. I was very excited at first but a friend of mine told me that they arent the best so I decided to Google them and then I found this web site, all I can say is THANK YOU and sorry that you had to actually be the ones to have to go through it. we are still shopping for builders and im a very aware of DODGY people .. especially Orbit Homes now I will make sure I spread the word so others don't make the same mistake! Thanks guys!!

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2010

well we signed up with orbit homes with a $500 deposit and they then tried to get another $500 for being in a regional area (Ballarat), which we would not agree to. they then took 2 months to even visit our block and then come up with almost $90000 in site costs as we had 1.8m of fall over the length of the house bearing in mind 2 soil tests come up with m class slab. We were told this was for a suspended floor. We have since signed up with a local builder and our site costs are less than $15000 also for a suspended floor. So in summary unless your block is completely flat and you are in melbourne metro this bunch of incompetent fools will not want to know you. I could go on forever about this but it appears by looking at this website that most people are of the same opinion.

+ good designs and upfront price is ok

- not interested

• 42 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2010

It appears this forum speaks for itself. I have never come across so many bad reports about one company before. I guess we are one of the lucky ones in a way, we never got to a construction stage. We lost $3000.00 for pulling out of Orbit prior to signing a Contract. I wish I had the energy to take them and my issue with them further. We signed with them in November of 07 as as of March 08 we still do not have a contract. FOUR MONTHS!! When we signed up we were advised we would be in my Christmas 08 - that was never going to happen. We have moved onto Adenbrook Homes and signed with them in March and have already been produced a Contract. We had to pay extra of course and they guarantee build time. The service is excellent and I wish I went to them in the beginning. I now understand that the building process is only stressful when you are dealing with incompetent companies. Save yourself money, time and stress and build with SOMEONE ELSE!!!

+ None...NONE.....NONE

- I dislike everything with Orbit Homes, especially their customer service. Their inability to get the job done. Their professionalism.

20 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 19 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2010

Stay well away from this crowd, they are not worth it. They are signing on too many customers and haven't got the resources to cope with the work load.

- Slow, they don't care. Too many mistakes. Arrogant. After 18 months our house still isn't ready. Badly lacking in the customer care area. Workmanship isn't all that flash. They are keen to sign you on but as soon as you do they stop caring about you.

19 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 21 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2009

dont build with them well as a trady good and bad cuase you dont get superviced you do your best you can. get paid then come back to fix anything left behind when it should of been done right the first time.they dont care about the clients.the only thing care about is taking your money.you see I work for them so I now been with them for 3 years and I see all clients . not 1 is happy the only thing they look after is the investment properties JLF you see 10 to 20 houses in the some street thats where the money is they care about 1 client house thats just extra $$$$

- they change supervicers all the time so they dont even now whats going on ,what trade did what. it takes weeks tork in out and then they quite and starts all over again.

21 people found this helpful, do you? Yes