Best after sales service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I'm completely happy with our monitor, the parent monitor is very clear in the dark & I love that it has a room temperature display. We did have issues with the parent monitor staying charged but have to say Oricom have the best after sales service & their support team is great. We bought as a package with the BabySense2 pads & I've had no issues with false alarms. Really happy with this product & the quick response from the Oricom Support Team when we had an issue. Highly recommend this product & it has a great warranty.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time to leave an honest review for others to take a look at. We are glad to hear of your experience with the SC710 and wish you all the best for the future. Oricom Baby Care.

Melbourne

Verified Purchase

Great and easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Easy to use. When in sleep mode, just a touch and very fast the image is there and clear. The sound is great. The temperature indicator is so helpful too. The customer support is awesome. I was struggling with "out of range" message and they were excellent helping me. I love it!

Purchased at: Baby Train

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Dani, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your experience with Oricom Support and the Secure710 and we thankyou for taking the time to leave a review for others to see. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

The WORST range!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

I’ll start by saying, I’ve gone through all troubleshooting options and nothing has worked. We bought this monitor in a package with the breathing sensor. Our bedroom is approx. 10m from our baby’s room and the stupid thing randomly works and randomly doesn’t work. In the middle of the night it will just start beeping insesantly saying it is out of range. Needless to say, waking up when I don’t need to is not ideal. I literally had to sleep on the couch the other night so my husband could sleep whilst the monitor decided again it was out of range. We then randomly have nights when it works perfectly. This almost makes me more angry. I have no faith in this monitor working. We’ve given this monitor 6 months and I’m about to throw it in the bin. Very annoyed having spent a lot of money. DO NOT BUY!!

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love the opportunity to discuss with you and have the unit working as designed. For this one, we would recommend ... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Great video monitor - good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

Easy to use, easy to set up. I love the vox feature which means the screen turns on when a noise is detected. Works well, I can see what my baby is up to. I wish the display also showed the time. It’s also good value, especially if you can get it on sale.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your experience and appreciate you taking the time to write a review for other users benefit. All the best, Oricom baby Care.

• 2 helpful votes

Out of range

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Further to my review with BabySense, the monitor unit is also no good.
It is constantly going out of range, even when I am right outside the door. I have contact Oricom support and have tried re-register, re-calibrate the unit with all the battery removal etc as per the book but Out of Range is still Out of Range. Oricom support has sinced stopped responding to my email.
I find that when the parent unit is dock to the charger, the Out of Range alarm is less often but what is the point of cordless. And when we do use it, it is at night and the Out of Range alarm is realllllly annoying.
Dont waste your money

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Cyndi, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the Oricom products and assure you that these are out of the ordinary. We would love the opportunity to restore some f... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Do Not Buy - Terrible Range

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

The monitor's features work well, however it's all pointless if it keeps going "out of range" (which means you can't hear/see anything). We live in a 2br small home and the monitor is only 15 metres from the camera. Very frustrating when every 30 seconds it beeps and says "out of range". Some days there are no issues, but other days it might go out of range a few times a minute.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and for this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm,... read more »

Gold coast

Love this product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

Very happy with the audio and image quality.
The monitor lasts for over 12hrs.
Super simple to set up.
Very reliable.
You can set up more than 1 camera if you need another one for another baby or play room/ other room.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are so glad to hear of your experience, and thanks so much for sharing with others. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Best Ever Customer Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Easy set up and works perfectly.
I would and have recommend this product to other Dads.
Our battery died after 53 weeks and Oricom honoured the 12 month guarantee and are sending us a replacement.
Very easy to deal with on the telephone and by email. I was dealing with a lovely lady called Felicity (give her a pay rise) who answers emails incredibly quickly and efficiently.
The best service I've received from any company ever!

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Andy, thanks for taking the time to let others know about your experience. We are glad you love the product and wish you all the best in the future, Oricom Baby Care.

Brisbane

• 1 question

Mostly happy!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

We really like the monitor I’m just a bit skeptical as to how accurate the temperature is. The picture quality has been excellent and no issues with range although we live in a small house! I like the feature that you can speak through the monitor, I’m sure we will use it once bub gets a bit older.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Wrong viewing angle

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

Overall haven’t had many dramas with the monitor just occasionally dropping out of range but found making sure antennas are up fixes that.
My main dislike is the viewing angle, looking at the screen from the left, right and below the picture is fine but looking down at the screen like on the bench it’s not visible, you have to bend down or pick it up to see. It’s either a bad design or my screen got put in upside down.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Nick, thanks for the message and for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing and would love the opportunity to discuss with you. If you could please give Oricom ... read more »

Not great

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

Picture has always been blurry, I wanted to love this monitor as I have tried so many and have given it 6 months but pretty much only use it for sound now as I cant see my babies (pic 2 blurry). Started being ‘out of range’ every now and then but after 6months It’s ALWAYs beeping that it’s out of range and we are only in the room next door and turn off all wifi etc and have turned on and off and tried all the trouble shooting things... unfortunately I didn’t keep the receipt (I really thought I would have no dramas as I’d heard so many great things, silly me!) I’m yet to find a good monitor

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Kel, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love the opportunity to troubleshoot with you to have the monitor working as it should. We recommend that you give ... read more »

Constantly freezes and out of range

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

I purchased this monitor because of how good it was supposed to be. What a let down. Constantly freezes so I have to walk into the room to check my baby. Always saying it’s out of range too! I have called Oricom customer twice now and to their credit they have replace both the parent unit and the camera. Unfortunately, the same things are still occurring and the camera is so blurry now that I can barely see my baby breathing. I wouldn’t recommend this monitor at all!

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Kayla, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear what has happened and would like to assure you that this is out of the ordinary. Could you please give Oricom Customer Support a call on 13... read more »

Good Features

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

This baby monitor has some good features and a reasonable range. The feature we liked the most about it is it not only has audio but it also allows the viewer to speak back through the camera. Setup was easy and the handheld monitor is pretty easy to use. You can play play preset music through the monitor.

Purchased at: Baby & Toddler Town

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Dave, thanks for the review and we are glad to hear of the experience you have had with the SC710. All the bestm Oricom Baby Care.

Baby Monitor or Camera doesn't sync.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

I have this product for almost 1 year and despite some casual out of the range errors, the product was working perfectly.

But since yesterday afternoon (29/01) for some reason the product is not working anymore. Apparently there is no signal between the camera and the baby monitor. I've tried all troubleshooting available in the manual, including re-register and still no luck.

I also noticed the amber light in camera keeps ON all the time. Even when I tried to turn off via the baby monitor it remains ON, it's like there is no connection between baby monitor and camera. The weird thing is that thing happen from nothing. Baby monitor was in the charger and the camera was ON as it normally it is.

Any thought?

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Roger, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing, and for this one we would recommend that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-F... read more »

Mount Isa

• 1 question

An OK monitor

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

I had been recommended this monitor by friends but would not recommend it to others. With one camera, I was really happy, as the screen would turn off and then turn back on when it detected noise.
However, once we put two cameras on, the screen will stay on 24/7 and flick between the two cameras. This is very annoying at night, so we turn the screen off & just have audio. However, we find that the sound is not very loud. We have mounted the cameras in a corner in the room to give us a full view of the room, so this may impact on why our sound is soft but these cameras should be designed to do this.

In addition, we found that the infrared light which is meant to turn on automatically, doesn't always work, which means the room is in darkness.

If you are happy to have no screen on and soft noise levels, then this unit is ok, but if you want screen to be activated with two cameras by noise, I don't recommend this unit.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Monica, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the SC710 and regarding the nightlight feature, we would recommend that you give our friendly and locally based Orico... read more »

Constantly dropping out and freezing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

The monitor was good for a few months then randomly started beeping out of range, even when the monitor was on the otherside of the wall to where the camera is positioned in nursery. We have also had a few times where the monitor screen is frozen, the green bars are moving but no sound so no alert that the baby is distressed. It's not reassuring and sometimes we have to physically enter the babies room to compare how she is laying to what the screen displays for confirmation. Seems like a common issue.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Rach, thanks for the message. For this one, it sounds like there could be an environmental factor playing a role in the reduction in range, and so for this, we suggest that you give Oricom Custo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

2nd camera just purchased, nighttime vision quality is really bad

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2017

we have had our main monitor and camera for 2 years without any issues, a week ago i purchased another single camera for our newborn and i am unable to get any sort of picture on night mode (its just black, even at the brightest setting). There is no troubleshooting guide that i can find, so i would assume the second camera has some sort of fault. Not happy after spending $100 on just the extra camera alone

Purchased at: Catch (Catch Of The Day)

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Kate, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear of the experience you have had with your baby monitor. For this one, we recommend that you please give Oricom Customer Support a call on 130... read more »

Great product, a few minor faults, but excellent customer service makes up for that!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

I've had this monitor for almost two years and really happy with it. We had some issues with the parent unit dropping out of range but only when it was placed in the charging cradle, but Oricom customer service were excellent in advising that they didn't know what the problem was and they sent a replacement that day. Battery needed replacing after 18 months but the features of the monitor are great and very reliable.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Renee, thanks for taking the time to review this Oricom Baby Monitor. We are glad you have had a good experience with the unit! All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Wellington

Completely what we needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Fantastic product for a 2 storey home. Such peace of mind knowing I can see and hear my little boy at all times when sleeping in his room. Was able to use outside on the property too, which is amazing peace of mind with no distruptions. Functions are easy to use. When our charging unit stopped working. I rang customer service, went through a very simple process and it was a person!!- emailed my proof of purchase, and got a new one the next day! No hassles or problems. Fantastic service- which is needed with a good product. Highly recommended.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Nikki, thanks for taking the time to review the SC710. We are so glad to hear of your experience with the product and wish you all the best for the future. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

8m of range and it still drops out. Do not buy this monitor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Bought 2 cameras for our twins and they constantly drop out on scan mode. Useless as the bedroom is 8m from the living room. Tested to 150m line of sight? Rubbish. Send me the engineers report to prove it. Why do i need to i write fifty words for this review to be submitted?

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with the range of your unit, and we would suggest that an environmental factor is playing a role in the redu... read more »

1 of 10 pages

Hi, I have been using my Oricom monitor for 18 months. I have just recently purchased a second camera and linked them both. My issue is, when I have both cameras on and on Scan the screen doesn’t go off it just flicks between the two even if there’s no sound coming from either camera. Is there a way that I can have it monitoring both cameras but the screen only coming on when there is noise detected in one of the rooms just like it does when there is only one camera on?

Tash S asked on Jun 16, 2018

Answer this

Hi Tash, thanks for the message. The VOX mode that is available in single camera mode, is not active when in scan mode. That means that when additional cameras are added to the system, the parent unit is active as the scan occurs between the camera units. If you would like to discuss with an Oricom Team member, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to discuss with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi I was just wondering why my parent monitor light keeps coming on? My baby is sleeping not moving at all And the monitor screen will turn off than 2 seconds later the screen will Light up again

Sasha K asked on Jun 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi Sasha, thanks for the message. It sounds like the VOX sensitivity setting might be too high. Please see the below instructions on to amend:

The sound detection sensitivity level (VOX) of the baby monitor can be adjusted. If the baby is a quiet sleeper, the sensitivity level can be increased so that minor disturbances can be detected and transmitted to the parent unit.
(1) Press <MENU> repeatedly until [VOXIIII / VOX OFF] appears on the LCD display.
(2) Press <UP> and <DOWN> to adjust the VOX level to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or OFF.
(3) When the VOX function is on (level 1 to 5), the LCD display will switch off after a 1 min if the detected sound is below the level selected.
(4) Press <MENU> button to confirm the selection. And press <MENU> several times until no menu icon shows on LCD, ie. back to monitor mode.

NOTE:
1/ Level 5 is the most sensitive and so will need to be the quietest before the LCD will switch off.
2/ The LCD screen on the parent unit will be switched back on when the sound level of the baby reaches the VOX threshold or when any key on the parent unit is pressed.
3/ The VOX function is not active when in Camera Scan mode.

If you continue to experience difficulty, please give our locally based Oricom Support team a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they team will be able to troubleshoot and assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hello, our parent unit has started making a crackling sound that is almost constant unless the sound is turned off, and any noise from our child’s room is very distorted. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for your help.

Amanda asked on Jun 10, 2018

Answer this

Hi Amanda, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear what is happening and would love the opportunity to troubleshoot with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

See all 248 questions about Oricom Secure710 Digital