Cannot fault this company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I have two cameras set up to our monitor, very easy to set up. Sound and picture quality is amazing! Can not fault the company, any problems and it’s a simple, quick phone call and it’s all sorted. Thank you Oricom for making a first,now second time mum sleep better know I can watch my babies at any time.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Mariah, thanks for the feedback and we are glad you are enjoying the SC710. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Pretty good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Pros: Have been using this monitor for almost two yrs & haven't had an issue with it. The settings are easy to use. The sensitivity & volume on it are adjustable. The visual is fine. The music options are really handy when bubs won't settle. Set up is easy, so taking it places is easy. It has been reliable and switches on every time bubs is upset or just singing. There's a movement detector that flashes when bubs is moving without switching on the whole monitor, this feature is handy.
Cons: The range needs to be longer, it doesn't span the length of my home. Adjustable music volume would be handy.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the range issue you are experiencing, and for this one we suggest that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Too much hassle

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Even on highest sensitivity camera doesnt always pick up small sounds. Very intermittent. Was sent replacement camera and night vision doesnt work. Only works with all the lights on, and how can a baby sleep if I need the rooms main light on. Very disappointed with this and wish I bought another brand

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the experience you have had and would love the opportunity to restore some faith in the Oricom brand. If you could please give Oricom Custo... read more »

I have spoken to the customer care team 3 times. I have now been directed to the store for a full replacement of the camera and monitor units. Lets hope I dont need to call anymore

Not overly happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Not overly happy with the monitor. I had been using for about a year with one camera, so I purchased 2x additional cameras for my twins. Since connecting all 3 there is constant noise through the monitor overnight as it doesn’t switch off like it does with one. The screens in scan mode keep going black and I have to turn it on and off again which is highly annoying in the middle of the night trying to figure out which baby is crying when majority of the time you can see. If I had of known there would’ve been these issues with the extra cameras, I would’ve brought a different brand for my twins..

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Mel, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your SC710, and would love the opportunity to restore some faith in the Oricom brand and assist in r... read more »

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Great item

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

It is a really good monitor and you are able to have two cameras with it. We have had a few issues with it being out of range but we are upstairs and our boys at the bottom of the steps (downstairs) and some times goes out of range but otherwise has been great and has music features and also able to talk to your child through it. Highly recommend

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to complete the review and we are glad to hear of your experience with the SC710. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Good monitor and customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

It seems most baby monitors have pretty bad reviews (including the SC710) but we gave this one a go anyway.

We've used it now for almost two years and we've been perfectly happy with it: it's done the job well enough for the price. The range, picture and sound are good enough and easy to set up and use. And it's survived being dropped and knocked a few times too.

Recently the night vision on the camera went but Oricom sent a replacement quickly and without question. You can't beat that level of service.

We'd definitely buy one again and are actually considering another camera as number two is well on the way.

Sydney

Private message

Design counter intuitive and impractical

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

We purchased the Oricom 710 digital video monitor and an extra camera. We have installed one camera in each of our children's bedrooms. After using the device for 9 months I have several criticisms.
1. Poor range.
The farther away of the two bedrooms (which is only down the hall) is constantly dropping out of range. It happens around every second night. I called customer service and the only advice they had was to check all the aerials were up. They're up, but the problem remains.
2. Reconnecting the out of range camera WILL wake your baby!!
It's a complex, time critical process which is virtually impossible to complete silently in the dark. If you don't hit the right button on the camera in the child's room within around 10 seconds, the monitor starts a high pitched alarm style beeping. Just what you want next to your sleeping baby's bed in the middle of the night when the monitor has fallen out of range. Again.
3. Two cameras = bright light all night !
In single camera mode, the monitor screen goes to sleep if the child is not making any noise, then "wakes up" it they stir. However I've been using the monitor in scan mode between two cameras, and in this mode it never goes to sleep. I find the flickering all night disturbing
4. Too easy to accidentally press "lullaby" button and start music up in child's room!
Yes, this button sits innocuously right beside the button used to switch between cameras when one child stirs in the middle of the night

To sum up, I feel it's highly unlikely that this product was designed by a person who has had to manage a sleeping baby, or that it was tested on a sleeping baby!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Becky, thanks for your message. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SC710. Regarding the range of the unit, the SC710 is measured up to 150m in line of sight and we... read more »

Would be better off FaceTiming my baby

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Kicking myself I didn't read the consumer reviews first. Waste of money!
RANGE RANGE RANGE
Definitely don't risk buying it if you live in a new high rise apartment. Due to the configuration of my apartment and known impedances my monitor has a range of about 5-10m. I can't get reliable range in my kitchen. And basically get no range in my living room and master bedroom. Our apartment is split in two. Every area past the kitchen is past our internet modem and gets blocked. So the parent unit only gets signal in the spare room and baby room (mmm helpful). I now sleep in the spare room so I can at least use the expensive monitor but I have definitely not bought any peace-of-mind.
No joke, I would of been better off FaceTiming.

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Sophie, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing at the moment regarding the range of the SC710 and would recommend that you give our dedicated Custom... read more »

Dear Oricom, your well equipped Customer Support Team can not rebuild my apartment. I have taken the monitor on holidays and have fine use for it in a regular house. As I said in my complaint. Ther... read more »

Very poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

When it worked it was adequate but once it went wrong trying to get support was arduous, time consuming and very frustrating. They said they will send me a form so that I can return it and have it "assessed". There was no indication of how long this would take and in the meantime I don't have a monitor. This is very unsatisfactory, surely the simplest thing would be for me to the unit into a local stockist and have them assess it and provide me with a replacement while the unit is being assessed/repaired, but I guess that is too easy.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Peter, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of all of the issues you have experienced and would ask that you please contact Customer Support on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, and quo... read more »

Great until now...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

I was fairly happy with my Oricom 710 which I bought when I had my first baby just over two years ago - I made sure to do my research as we knew we wanted to have three kids close together. It was working absolutely fine up until yesterday when the monitor sound just stopped working. It has been looked after so well, no bumps or drops and it is always on charge. So dissapointed as we rely heavily on this baby monitor with our 7 month old who sleeps downstairs in a fairly sound proof room as not to wake anyone else and also to ensure no one wakes her. I had to check several times last night that she was ok. Very frustrating as we simply can not live without a monitor.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Michelle, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you please get in contact with Customer Support as they will be able to troubleshoot the issue with you over the phone, an... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Exceeded my expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

I didn't have high hopes to find a decent video monitor based on reviews so I didn't want to buy the most expensive one seeing as they all seemed flawed. I've been using the SC710 now for 3 months and it's exceeded my expectations. Lots of great features: thermometer, you can adjust sensitivity (how quickly it notifies you of movement/sound) and how much noise the monitor makes ( both features great for day vs night use) and image/sound is clear. Great range also- no probs in our 2 storey house.

Purchased at: The Baby Gallery

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Nathalie, thanks for the message. We are glad you have enjoyed your experience with the Secure710 baby monitor and thanks for the feedback on all of the features you have made use of. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers

Not the best product

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

This monitor works some of the time however the sound cuts out quite often, the screen freezes for periods of time. It will quite often show my daughter lying in one position and then switch to her lying in a completely different position. The other frustrating thing about this monitor is that it always goes out of range. The camera is setup in the room next door. This isn't a cheap product so you would expect it to work properly.
When the monitor does work correctly, it's a great product. But that doesn't happen often.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the experiences you have had with the Secure710 and would like to assure you that these issues are unusual. Fortunately, the SC710 has an i... read more »

Sound stopped working after 6 months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

Extremely unhappy with this product. We purchased the baby monitor along with breathing pads in a pack and have only been using for 6 months, already the battery on the monitor has gone, and now the sound is no longer working properly, even when it is plugged into the power source. Not happy. Purchase something that is longer lasting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the experience you have had with the Secure710 and assure you that this is out of the ordinary. The SC710 has an included 3 year warra... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase

Major fail for Oricom! Zero peace of mind! Zero safety!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

This is an absolute fail for Oricom and they don't care! They don't care that they are selling a faulty product, they don't care that i can't hear my baby, they don't care full stop! I rang them requesting a refund, they don't deal with refunds, you have to go back to place of purchase. I go to place of purchase, they don't deal with refunds, the product has to be returned to Oricom & here goes the merry-go-around of the circus that is Oricom International!

For a product that RRP's at $230, this simply putting it is not good enough! I am hard of hearing, this is not a luxury purchase for me - all i want is to hear my baby cry so he is not in danger and i can attend to him as soon as he wakes... Oricom do not care! I am heartbroken for my baby when i realise he has woken up & distressed because the Oricom 710 is again frozen in time and has not alerted me to his cries.

Save yourself the heartbreak, go buy a monitor from a reputable ethical company that values their customers and will give you peace of mind and places your babies safety as their number 1 priority.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, sorry to hear of the experience you have been having with your Secure710 Digital Video Monitor. We would love to follow this up and review the case, so if you could please email marketing... read more »

I have emailed you regarding the replacement camera received. Again, it is not working! Constantly out of range & freezing. I await your response.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Extremely unreliable product. I have bought 4 of these monitors for my two children and they keep not working. The sound randomly stops working so that the baby is crying loudly but the monitor is not picking up the sound- that has happened to 3 of them. The other one keeps beeping out of range for no reason. I would have bought a different brand monitor after the first two broke but am so time poor that I didn't have time to research other options and I like/am used to the features of the monitor. This time I definitely won't make the same mistake again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Oricom Official

Hello Sam, we are sorry to hear of your experience with your Oricom monitors. This seems extremely unusual to have purchased 4 monitors which have all failed. Have you contacted our support team an... read more »

Awful Product & Awful Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

The monitor is awful & unreliable. It goes out of range all the time and the screen constantly freezes which is so dangerous cos you think your baby is peacefully sleeping but in fact its this dud product frozen in time and you get no vibrating, no noise, no warning that your baby ins't asleep anymore.

Customer service dont care. You have to go through rounds of troubleshooting, you then pay to return the product, they might send you out a new camera & the vicious circle of a faulty dud product starts again... They do not want to refund the product. They seem to miss the point that customers cannot hear their babies and the product is not upto standard. I am bitterly bitterly disappointed with Oricom.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Michelle, sorry to hear of your experience, and we assure you that this is out of the ordinary.We would love the opportunity to restore you faith in our brand and range of tried and tested produ... read more »

Battery life doesn't last long

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Hello,
The monitor is great and we have never had an issue with it however we use this monitor daily and it sits mainly in the charge dock but once removed we have noticed over the last month that it doesn't hold its charge for Very long, after an hour the battery flashes red and it beeps... is this normal??!

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. Glad to hear that you have enjoyed the Secure710 and have had a good experience using it. Unfortunately, it sounds like there is an issue with the battery and... read more »

Adelaide

• 2 comments

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2017

I purchased this monitor over 2 years ago and continue to use it currently. Its perfect for my needs AND wants! The picture is clear, plus has a zoom option (very handy for getting closer look at newborn bubs), night vision of course, plays lullaby's, displays room temperature, night light, and my favorite - parent talk back - so if your baby starts getting restless, you can comfort them without actually having to go in there - great for overnight, or for the toddler who doesn't want to go to bed just yet :-) Its very easy to set up and use, but best of all - it doesn't continually go off on the slightest noise or the opposite and not let me know if my baby's awake - its a perfect balance for me.

Victoria

• 3 answers

Great unit!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

The oricom sc710 is great! I admit when i first got the 2nd camera for it, it took me a while to get used to it and the instructions weren't clear enough on how to connect them and how to turn the screen off etc but ince i got the hang of it, it's been fabulous.

I read a few reviews here some saying that the camera is always lit up with more than one camera...if you actually just press the power button (dont hold it down) the screen will go black so its not bright overnight. It will still have the white noise background but if you just turn the volume down a bit you honestly wont even hear it.

I also read another review saying that the second camera was black...again while that camera is on screen if you press the power button (not holding it down to turn it off just press it) off and on again you will find the screen will then light up.

I've had this for over 3 years now and it still works great. Only recently have i had a little trouble with the reception cutting out in my sons room because he got hold of the parent unit and snapped the antenna but 95% of the tome still works perfectly. If it does cut out i just wiggle the antenna around and then it works again. No biggie.

It is a great unit and i love that you can connect up to 4 cameras. I always have and always will recommend this camera system to anyone i can.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Perfect, reliable product from a reputable customer service focussed company

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

The monitor has been used daily for our son for almost two years. Great monitor and reliable with a clear picture.
We moved our son in to his own cot in his own room at 8 weeks old and this monitor gave me the reassurance to be able to sleep knowing he was safe and I could check on him without disturbing him.

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Melynda, Thanks for taking the time to review the SC710 for us. We are glad you are satisfied with your monitor. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

I also just want to add the customer service from Oricom has been wonderful seriously cannot fault the product or company. Have recommended the monitor to all my pregnant friends who have also now purchased the same monitor.

1 of 9 pages

Hi I have this monitor with 2 cameras the monitor works well still but I have dropped it and it has a crack on the plastic screen, LCD screen is fine and still works well, just wondering can I purchase and put on a new plastic screen? Thanks

Carissa asked on Dec 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Carissa, thanks for getting in touch. For this issue, we suggest you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist you in this. Thanks and all the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi. I have just purchased an oricom secure 703 and when bubs makes a noise the monitor will turn on and then off which is good. But if I push a button on the hand held screen to check in on bubs it will not turn off again and if I do it manually I can still hear that it's on. Is their something in the settings for the screen to turn off by itself?

Ktsmith asked on Dec 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi there, thanks for the message. For this one, we suggest that you please give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist you in providing you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

I am a grandmother and bought a Baby Monitor Secure 710 for use when I'm babysitting my little treasures. Haven't had any problems with it at all - it is really helpful - especially when I have a sleeping baby to care for as well as a toddler who I love spending time with. Recently however, the parent unit screen (when switched on) is showing a thin vertical red line. It doesn't interfere with the monitoring process but I'm wondering whether it is a warning that something is failing. I haven't been able to find anything in the User Guide Troubleshooting section. The unit was purchased in April this year (2017). I would appreciate your comments/suggestions/advice. Many thanks, Sue.

Sue B asked on Dec 04, 2017

Answer this

Hi there Sue, thanks for getting in touch. We are glad to hear the the SC710 has met your needs but sorry to hear of the issue you are now experiencing. For this one, we recommend that you please get in touch with Oricom Support on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist in troubleshooting this issue and will work to provide you with a solution. Importantly, the SC710 comes with an included 3 year warranty from the date of purchase. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

See all 208 questions about Oricom Secure710 Digital