Good Features

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

This baby monitor has some good features and a reasonable range. The feature we liked the most about it is it not only has audio but it also allows the viewer to speak back through the camera. Setup was easy and the handheld monitor is pretty easy to use. You can play play preset music through the monitor.

Purchased at: Baby & Toddler Town

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Dave, thanks for the review and we are glad to hear of the experience you have had with the SC710. All the bestm Oricom Baby Care.

Baby Monitor or Camera doesn't sync.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

I have this product for almost 1 year and despite some casual out of the range errors, the product was working perfectly.

But since yesterday afternoon (29/01) for some reason the product is not working anymore. Apparently there is no signal between the camera and the baby monitor. I've tried all troubleshooting available in the manual, including re-register and still no luck.

I also noticed the amber light in camera keeps ON all the time. Even when I tried to turn off via the baby monitor it remains ON, it's like there is no connection between baby monitor and camera. The weird thing is that thing happen from nothing. Baby monitor was in the charger and the camera was ON as it normally it is.

Any thought?

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Roger, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing, and for this one we would recommend that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-F... read more »

Mount Isa

An OK monitor

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

I had been recommended this monitor by friends but would not recommend it to others. With one camera, I was really happy, as the screen would turn off and then turn back on when it detected noise.
However, once we put two cameras on, the screen will stay on 24/7 and flick between the two cameras. This is very annoying at night, so we turn the screen off & just have audio. However, we find that the sound is not very loud. We have mounted the cameras in a corner in the room to give us a full view of the room, so this may impact on why our sound is soft but these cameras should be designed to do this.

In addition, we found that the infrared light which is meant to turn on automatically, doesn't always work, which means the room is in darkness.

If you are happy to have no screen on and soft noise levels, then this unit is ok, but if you want screen to be activated with two cameras by noise, I don't recommend this unit.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Monica, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the SC710 and regarding the nightlight feature, we would recommend that you give our friendly and locally based Orico... read more »

Constantly dropping out and freezing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

The monitor was good for a few months then randomly started beeping out of range, even when the monitor was on the otherside of the wall to where the camera is positioned in nursery. We have also had a few times where the monitor screen is frozen, the green bars are moving but no sound so no alert that the baby is distressed. It's not reassuring and sometimes we have to physically enter the babies room to compare how she is laying to what the screen displays for confirmation. Seems like a common issue.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Rach, thanks for the message. For this one, it sounds like there could be an environmental factor playing a role in the reduction in range, and so for this, we suggest that you give Oricom Custo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

2nd camera just purchased, nighttime vision quality is really bad

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2017

we have had our main monitor and camera for 2 years without any issues, a week ago i purchased another single camera for our newborn and i am unable to get any sort of picture on night mode (its just black, even at the brightest setting). There is no troubleshooting guide that i can find, so i would assume the second camera has some sort of fault. Not happy after spending $100 on just the extra camera alone

Purchased at: Catch (Catch Of The Day)

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Kate, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear of the experience you have had with your baby monitor. For this one, we recommend that you please give Oricom Customer Support a call on 130... read more »

Great product, a few minor faults, but excellent customer service makes up for that!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

I've had this monitor for almost two years and really happy with it. We had some issues with the parent unit dropping out of range but only when it was placed in the charging cradle, but Oricom customer service were excellent in advising that they didn't know what the problem was and they sent a replacement that day. Battery needed replacing after 18 months but the features of the monitor are great and very reliable.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Renee, thanks for taking the time to review this Oricom Baby Monitor. We are glad you have had a good experience with the unit! All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Wellington

Completely what we needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Fantastic product for a 2 storey home. Such peace of mind knowing I can see and hear my little boy at all times when sleeping in his room. Was able to use outside on the property too, which is amazing peace of mind with no distruptions. Functions are easy to use. When our charging unit stopped working. I rang customer service, went through a very simple process and it was a person!!- emailed my proof of purchase, and got a new one the next day! No hassles or problems. Fantastic service- which is needed with a good product. Highly recommended.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Nikki, thanks for taking the time to review the SC710. We are so glad to hear of your experience with the product and wish you all the best for the future. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

8m of range and it still drops out. Do not buy this monitor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Bought 2 cameras for our twins and they constantly drop out on scan mode. Useless as the bedroom is 8m from the living room. Tested to 150m line of sight? Rubbish. Send me the engineers report to prove it. Why do i need to i write fifty words for this review to be submitted?

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with the range of your unit, and we would suggest that an environmental factor is playing a role in the redu... read more »

Cannot fault this company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I have two cameras set up to our monitor, very easy to set up. Sound and picture quality is amazing! Can not fault the company, any problems and it’s a simple, quick phone call and it’s all sorted. Thank you Oricom for making a first,now second time mum sleep better know I can watch my babies at any time.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Mariah, thanks for the feedback and we are glad you are enjoying the SC710. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

• 1 helpful vote

Pretty good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Pros: Have been using this monitor for almost two yrs & haven't had an issue with it. The settings are easy to use. The sensitivity & volume on it are adjustable. The visual is fine. The music options are really handy when bubs won't settle. Set up is easy, so taking it places is easy. It has been reliable and switches on every time bubs is upset or just singing. There's a movement detector that flashes when bubs is moving without switching on the whole monitor, this feature is handy.
Cons: The range needs to be longer, it doesn't span the length of my home. Adjustable music volume would be handy.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the range issue you are experiencing, and for this one we suggest that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Too much hassle

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Even on highest sensitivity camera doesnt always pick up small sounds. Very intermittent. Was sent replacement camera and night vision doesnt work. Only works with all the lights on, and how can a baby sleep if I need the rooms main light on. Very disappointed with this and wish I bought another brand

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the experience you have had and would love the opportunity to restore some faith in the Oricom brand. If you could please give Oricom Custo... read more »

I have spoken to the customer care team 3 times. I have now been directed to the store for a full replacement of the camera and monitor units. Lets hope I dont need to call anymore

Not overly happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Not overly happy with the monitor. I had been using for about a year with one camera, so I purchased 2x additional cameras for my twins. Since connecting all 3 there is constant noise through the monitor overnight as it doesn’t switch off like it does with one. The screens in scan mode keep going black and I have to turn it on and off again which is highly annoying in the middle of the night trying to figure out which baby is crying when majority of the time you can see. If I had of known there would’ve been these issues with the extra cameras, I would’ve brought a different brand for my twins..

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Mel, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your SC710, and would love the opportunity to restore some faith in the Oricom brand and assist in r... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Great item

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

It is a really good monitor and you are able to have two cameras with it. We have had a few issues with it being out of range but we are upstairs and our boys at the bottom of the steps (downstairs) and some times goes out of range but otherwise has been great and has music features and also able to talk to your child through it. Highly recommend

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to complete the review and we are glad to hear of your experience with the SC710. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Good monitor and customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

It seems most baby monitors have pretty bad reviews (including the SC710) but we gave this one a go anyway.

We've used it now for almost two years and we've been perfectly happy with it: it's done the job well enough for the price. The range, picture and sound are good enough and easy to set up and use. And it's survived being dropped and knocked a few times too.

Recently the night vision on the camera went but Oricom sent a replacement quickly and without question. You can't beat that level of service.

We'd definitely buy one again and are actually considering another camera as number two is well on the way.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Design counter intuitive and impractical

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

We purchased the Oricom 710 digital video monitor and an extra camera. We have installed one camera in each of our children's bedrooms. After using the device for 9 months I have several criticisms.
1. Poor range.
The farther away of the two bedrooms (which is only down the hall) is constantly dropping out of range. It happens around every second night. I called customer service and the only advice they had was to check all the aerials were up. They're up, but the problem remains.
2. Reconnecting the out of range camera WILL wake your baby!!
It's a complex, time critical process which is virtually impossible to complete silently in the dark. If you don't hit the right button on the camera in the child's room within around 10 seconds, the monitor starts a high pitched alarm style beeping. Just what you want next to your sleeping baby's bed in the middle of the night when the monitor has fallen out of range. Again.
3. Two cameras = bright light all night !
In single camera mode, the monitor screen goes to sleep if the child is not making any noise, then "wakes up" it they stir. However I've been using the monitor in scan mode between two cameras, and in this mode it never goes to sleep. I find the flickering all night disturbing
4. Too easy to accidentally press "lullaby" button and start music up in child's room!
Yes, this button sits innocuously right beside the button used to switch between cameras when one child stirs in the middle of the night

To sum up, I feel it's highly unlikely that this product was designed by a person who has had to manage a sleeping baby, or that it was tested on a sleeping baby!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Becky, thanks for your message. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SC710. Regarding the range of the unit, the SC710 is measured up to 150m in line of sight and we... read more »

Would be better off FaceTiming my baby

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

Kicking myself I didn't read the consumer reviews first. Waste of money!
RANGE RANGE RANGE
Definitely don't risk buying it if you live in a new high rise apartment. Due to the configuration of my apartment and known impedances my monitor has a range of about 5-10m. I can't get reliable range in my kitchen. And basically get no range in my living room and master bedroom. Our apartment is split in two. Every area past the kitchen is past our internet modem and gets blocked. So the parent unit only gets signal in the spare room and baby room (mmm helpful). I now sleep in the spare room so I can at least use the expensive monitor but I have definitely not bought any peace-of-mind.
No joke, I would of been better off FaceTiming.

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Sophie, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing at the moment regarding the range of the SC710 and would recommend that you give our dedicated Custom... read more »

Dear Oricom, your well equipped Customer Support Team can not rebuild my apartment. I have taken the monitor on holidays and have fine use for it in a regular house. As I said in my complaint. Ther... read more »

Very poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

When it worked it was adequate but once it went wrong trying to get support was arduous, time consuming and very frustrating. They said they will send me a form so that I can return it and have it "assessed". There was no indication of how long this would take and in the meantime I don't have a monitor. This is very unsatisfactory, surely the simplest thing would be for me to the unit into a local stockist and have them assess it and provide me with a replacement while the unit is being assessed/repaired, but I guess that is too easy.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Peter, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of all of the issues you have experienced and would ask that you please contact Customer Support on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, and quo... read more »

Great until now...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

I was fairly happy with my Oricom 710 which I bought when I had my first baby just over two years ago - I made sure to do my research as we knew we wanted to have three kids close together. It was working absolutely fine up until yesterday when the monitor sound just stopped working. It has been looked after so well, no bumps or drops and it is always on charge. So dissapointed as we rely heavily on this baby monitor with our 7 month old who sleeps downstairs in a fairly sound proof room as not to wake anyone else and also to ensure no one wakes her. I had to check several times last night that she was ok. Very frustrating as we simply can not live without a monitor.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Michelle, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you please get in contact with Customer Support as they will be able to troubleshoot the issue with you over the phone, an... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 answers

Exceeded my expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

I didn't have high hopes to find a decent video monitor based on reviews so I didn't want to buy the most expensive one seeing as they all seemed flawed. I've been using the SC710 now for 3 months and it's exceeded my expectations. Lots of great features: thermometer, you can adjust sensitivity (how quickly it notifies you of movement/sound) and how much noise the monitor makes ( both features great for day vs night use) and image/sound is clear. Great range also- no probs in our 2 storey house.

Purchased at: The Baby Gallery

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi Nathalie, thanks for the message. We are glad you have enjoyed your experience with the Secure710 baby monitor and thanks for the feedback on all of the features you have made use of. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers

Not the best product

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

This monitor works some of the time however the sound cuts out quite often, the screen freezes for periods of time. It will quite often show my daughter lying in one position and then switch to her lying in a completely different position. The other frustrating thing about this monitor is that it always goes out of range. The camera is setup in the room next door. This isn't a cheap product so you would expect it to work properly.
When the monitor does work correctly, it's a great product. But that doesn't happen often.

Comments
Oricom Official

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the experiences you have had with the Secure710 and would like to assure you that these issues are unusual. Fortunately, the SC710 has an i... read more »

1 of 9 pages

HI, We have the SC870 and we have only had it maybe just on a year and the screen on the monitor doesn't work. It's just black. You can still hear everything but no picture. Is it still under warranty? Thanks

Rachel asked on Feb 16, 2018

Answer this

Hi Rachel, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear what has happened and importantly, the range of Oricom video and audio monitors include a 3 year warranty. For this, we would recommend that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to troubleshoot the issue with you and will work to resolve it. Thanks and all the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi, we've had our 710 for 4 years and we were happily still using it until I attempted to clean the lens. Now the picture is blurry - could be condensation but not sure. I was wondering if I could get any details about the lens size in order to replace it. I can't seem to find any info anywhere and was hoping for some specific sizing rather than relying on a guesstimate.

Another opinion asked on Feb 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing and for this one we would recommend that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to offer assistance. Thanks and all the best, Oricom Baby Care.

I have an Oricom 850 and the monitor is displaying the image purple and green and is very distorted. When I turn monitor on the Oricom icon displays fine and then the image of nursery is as described above.

Lmic asked on Feb 04, 2018

Answer this

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing and would recommend that you switch off parent unit then camera unit. Wait 10 seconds. Switch on the camera unit and then the parent unit (in that order). If this does not sort the issue, then we would suggest that you give Oricom's locally based Customer Support Team a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue and will work to provide you with a solution. Thanks and all the best, Oricom Baby Care.

See all 219 questions about Oricom Secure710 Digital