• 19 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: Support - Medium Date Purchased: May 2018

Rubbish bed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Amart salespeople are just like many have described here - pushing this horrible brand, because they are probably on commission. They talk down the Sealy and push the Orthokinetic. The Orthokinetic is an overseas brand, probably Chinese, so that is an issue in itself. Bed felt good in the store, but you don't know a bed fully until you get it home and test it. This mattress is way too heavy for its own good, and it dips in the middle. Amart will tell you there is a 12-15 year and a 180 night return option - good luck with both of those options because that is a nightmare in itself. I figure Amart make a greater profit on these beds, but they really should only sell quality beds because customers will not come back if they buy a bad product.

Verified Purchase Model: Ultra Stratus - Medium Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Like a great number of other reviews we have experienced the idetical issues with this unit. At a co

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Purchased along with significant other items, we decided that we needed a new mattress to go with the new suite. tried several in store including other leading brands. But eventually settled on the Orthokinetic Ultra Stratus Medium King. Impressed by the 10 year warranty so went ahead.
Now after 2.5 years we have had to put up with sagging on one side, a ridge down the middle and frankly an uncomfortable experience. I have slept on more comfortable straw mattress's in the military than this unit only 25% into its warranty period. Astounding when rival units are better performers over the same period. My son has a leading brand of identical size and no issues. I would not recommend these to anyone, about to start the warranty claim process but frankly doubt it will be resolved with an alternate unit as replacement without involving protracted action.

Model: Ultra Stratus - Support Date Purchased: Sep 2017

UNCOMFORTABLE mattress and POOR customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

The mattress was comfortable for the first 11-12 months and then we noticed the sagging starting.
We rotate the mattress every month religiously.
The sides of the mattress has started to pile away also.
I'm actually sleeping in the spare room now due to severe back aches/pain.
The mattress was recommended by the staff at AMART. They sent a rep out to check the mattress out who admitted that he has no expertise in the field (grrrrrr - waste of my time) The company don't want to know about our problem so we are taking legal action. Never again will I buy this brand. Why have a guarantee!!!
VERY DISAPPOINTED INDEED!!!

Mortons Creek

Verified Purchase Model: Ultra Stratus - Medium Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Rubbish Mattress

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

After suffering from a sagging mattress bought from Harvey Norman we went to Amart Furniture in Port Macquarie to find a replacement. We explained our problem with the sagging mattress purchased from Harvey Norman and the Amart salesman pointed us to the Orthokinetic Ultra Stratus medium king mattress, assuring us we wouldn't suffer with the same issues. We explained that we were both side sleepers.

The first couple of months the mattress was fine but started to steadily deteriorate from that point with extreme sagging on both sides of the mattress with a pronounced hump in the middle. We rotated the mattress as advised but this was no help at all. We have had to resort to placing 2 Euro pillows under each sagging section of the mattress to provide some sort of support for us to sleep on this thing. This has helped to a point but we still both wake up aching all over.

The mattress was sold with a 15 year warranty and it barely lasted 6 months before it was badly sagging and causing aches and pains. I rang Amart Furniture and I have been referred to the manufacturer, Sleepeezee.

This mattress is promoted as Amart Furniture's home brand but they fob you off to someone else instead of standing by what they sell. We also feel like we were mislead by the salesman. Not happy at all and wouldn't suggest this mattress to my worst enemy.

Verified Purchase Model: Support - Plush Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great bed.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

The mattress is as firm and plush on top as the day we purchased it 6 months ago. At this point cannot offer nothing but 10 out of 10, little firmer than what my wife would have liked. I weigh just on 100 kts and I find it’s great.

Model: Luxury - Ultra Plush Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Sensational mattress - ignore poor reviews!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

I purchased this mattress based purely based on how we felt on the mattress in store compared to countless others we tried. I checked reviews first and saw there was a mixed bag, good and bad.

But we had to go with what we felt would be the best for us - and we are so glad we did.

This was half the price of some of the mattresses we liked and twice as comfy. Now having used the mattress for a couple of months we are so happy. It’s really soft, has kept its integrity, and most importantly it allows my partner and I to consistently have a good nights sleep and wake up feeling fresh the next day.

Ignore the bad reviews, it’s a great mattress and I’d buy the same one again given the opportunity.

Model: Nimbus - Plush Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Took a week to realise how great it is!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

We LOVE this mattress!! To be honest, I was so disappointed the first few nights we got it. I felt like it was too soft and almost as if we sank too much in our position and that the middle may start to rise. BUT... we have now been sleeping on it for 2.5 weeks and the mattress is now irreplaceable!!!! So comfy, big and now so used to it I really miss it when I sleep on another bed!! If you have been reading comments, ensure you give this mattress the time it deserves.

• 2 helpful votes

Model: Ultra Stratus - Plush Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Worse Mattress we have every had

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

We purchased this mattress Feb 2016 from Super A Mart SA. This was the worse choice every made, The mattress did not breath and seemed to collapse within the first hour of going to bed holding you down within the bed. To turn over I had to grab onto the headboard to assist myself turning. I ended up having a soft tissue injury and having injections, still has not cleared up properly. Then to add insult to injury when I phoned the Company I got insulted by one of the girls on the phone. The one of the sides collapsed, after sending another email to the Company and sending photos I received a call saying that one of the Reps would be in SA and could they come and look at it. He made arrangements for the mattress to be picked up saying it would take about 3 weeks, (they loaned us a 4 inch foam mattress, had better nights sleep on this) 7 weeks later my husband contacted them and was told it had already been sent back fixed, waited, then received another call saying it will be sent. Received it back and 2 weeks later started having soft tissue problems (yes I have got a Doctors certificate). Couldn't sleep on it anymore and went back to our old mattress. We do need a new mattress but being on the aged pension cannot afford one. I would like my money back as this mattress in our spare room but seriously I would not even ask my worse enemy to sleep on it. They have not even contacted me in regard to the problems

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Southport

Model: Nimbus - Plush Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Nothing plush about it, weighs a ton and there is no way one person could lift it to change a balanc

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Nothing disclosed by Amart regarding the weight. Absolutely useless to someone under 50 kilos. Said try for 180 days, but store won't return. Better deals at Freedom and believe it or not Harvey Norman

Sydney

Model: Luxury - Medium Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

This mattress started off ok but very quickly sagged on either side leaving a large raised section in the middle. We turned the mattress regularly as per instructions, and this helps for a day or so but then back to yuk.. it is coming up 3 years old now and both my husband and I have such sore backs and restless nights we can't put up with it any more. We did get a reduced price at the time but it seems from the other reviews full price or not it was a waste of money... I will be contacting Amart to see if anything can be done

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Cirrus - Plush Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Terrible Mattress!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

This mattress is only 17 months old and it has collapse on the sides with a large hump in the middle.
You cant roll over as it pushes you back to the edges all the time. The company has sent out a rep to look at it, he said it is normal wear and tear, we must sleep in the middle to even out the wear. What a joke.
They will do nothing.
I have seen now all the problems people have been having with these mattresses, why haven't they been improved?? Why are Amart still selling them??
Wont buy again from Amart as we were pushed towards this mattress and told it was perfect for us, and most certainly will not purchase anything from Sleepeezee range again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Very Impressed with the actions of AMART. They contacted us first thing the very next day with apologies and an offer to solve the issue. They have acted in a very professional manner and in offer... read more »

Model: Ultra Stratus - Plush Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Perfect best thing

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

Best thing we have ever had. Most our family have the orthokenitic range and all very happy with it. Two of my neighbors have it and love it just has much.

Verified Purchase Model: Nimbus - Medium Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Very bad pins and needles in left and right arms.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Worst Mattress I have ever purchased. The weight alone is a joke! Besides turning the mattress weekly, I've been kept awake by pins and needles and lower back pain every night! Got told it was the best Mattress since sliced bread by super A Mart.

Model: Support - Plush Date Purchased: Nov 2014

I would rather sleep on the floor than this mattress. If you want back problems get it

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Not comfortable at all cheap quality
Worse back pain. I would never recommend Orthokinetic brand to anyone i know. Amart staff handball customers to deal with the manufacturer instead of helping.

Sydney

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: Support - Medium Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Shocking !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Purchased this mattress from Super Amart in 2014.
Worst mattress ever. Was planning to buy a sleepmaker or sealy but sucked in to buying a orthokinetic, they stated it was the best for back pain. My husband suffers from chronic back pain and has become much worse in the past 3 years.
Called in technician from the warranty but all the lady said was that we havnt rotated it enough.
Seriously, who rotates a mattress every 2 weeks?
NEVER AGAIN. Always listen to your gut and buy what YOU want not what your told.

Gold Coast

Model: Support - Plush Date Purchased: Dec 2013

What a nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

This is the worse mattress I have ever owned. Reported the issue of the hill in the middle of the mattress, you can't have a cuddle or you roll down the hill. After 4 months eventually got someone to come and look and they agreed it was bad. Took another month to write their report and now they told me they want to take the mattress away and repair it. I asked if we could have the mattress replaced as I do not want it taken away and they said no my contract is not with them its with super a mart. Super A mart say there is nothing they can do as they do not own the warranty so I am stuck in the middle with only the option of repair. Was anyone else offered a repair?

Model: Nimbus - Support Date Purchased: Jan 2016

solid heavy good quality. all the whiners and whingers need help. good luck in finding a better matt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

over 2 years ago it a firm one and its amazing good stuff love it. don’t need to write anymore solid amazing bed can’t live with out it . ......................

Model: Ultra Stratus - Medium Date Purchased: Feb 2017

The worst mattress i have ever bought.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

The worst mattress i have ever had , Rung Supper Amart a week after having it and said i didnt like it i was told to try a mattress topper until it softened i did for a month no difference have been away for a few weeks, back has been good 1 night back in this bed and my neck and back aces i bought it Feburary 2017 and have slept in my single bed for most of the time, i try it a least once a week but toss and turn so much i go back to the single bed,it is the worse bed to make and is so heavy to the piont i cant even lift a corner,I should have taken it back the first time i rung Supper Amart i paid around $1800 and has been a total waste of money and a huge disappointment

Darlington WA

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Cirrus - Firm Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Orthokinetic Cirrus Support - so heavy it broke my finger!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

You know that amazing relaxed feeling you get after your yoga class when the teacher gets you to lay on your back on your mat on the hard floor, and your body just fully relaxes as it knows the floor is fully supporting the skeleton (or whatever...). Well, this mattress gives you the same feeling of support and comfort. I would love to give this mattress a 5 star rating as since purchasing it 7 weeks ago we have experienced the best quality of sleep, and awake without any aches and pains.

However - and this is a BIG however - I would not recommend this mattress to anyone at all for the following reason - THE MATTRESS IS SO UNBELIEVABLY HEAVY! It is so heavy that I cannot tuck my sheets in and my bed-style looks crap with the top sheet hanging below the quilt. And don't tell me to remedy this problem by doing-away with the top sheet and just using the doona, because I like sleeping with a top sheet. Bed-styling apart, the big problem with this heavy mattress is that I cannot rotate it with my husband. For the first 3 months, the manufacturer recommends that the mattress should be rotated every 2 weeks. This is difficult to do unless you live with 2 weight lifters (which hubby is). We have to wait until our son is available to come and help rotate the mattress. It is so heavy that when I tried tucking the sheet in, I jammed my finger between the mattress and the bed slat and fractured the top of my finger. The mattress is really only suitable to put on top of a bed base as you could probably swivel the mattress around ontop of the flat base, and you would also be able to tuck your sheets in. The mattress should really only be sold as an ensemble - and this was not told to us when we purchased it.

In summary, do not buy this mattress unless you have an ensemble bed base, live with 2 weight lifters, and never make your bed.

Model: Nimbus - Medium Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Not Happy Jan!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

The weight is most concerning. Don’t know how any one of the female population could make this bed properly. The topper is attached so can’t turn mattress over. I think we should have sent this bed back, but us stupid oldies just take this type of purchase and cop it on the chin.
This mattress is so heavy it is ridiculous, and therefore badly manufactured. I don’t care how comfortable it might be.

1 of 9 pages