• 1 comment

Best support team ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Customer support immediate and spot on through on line chat. Solved my connection set up issue for data in just a few minutes. Highly recommend Ovo for their prepaid help.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hi Cherrymar,

Loving the great feedback! We take a lot of pride in making sure we are there for our customers quickly and when there are issues we can resolve them efficiently!

Welcome to OVO!

great local customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

We went with the OVO Mini Mobile plan and are very happy with what you get for the $10/month.
Customer service via online chat was friendly and competent. Good stuff OVO.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there Tomasina!

Thanks so much for the great review! We love to hear that you get in touch with us quickly and get to speak to the right people to get the right info :)

Verified Customer

Service still not active after a week & the higher management blocked me on social media

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Went through the activation process last Sunday for my SIM card. They say can take up to three days so waited that long. Confusing and rambles from their contact centre who seem to have no idea what's going on and why my service isn't working. On Friday I was told that if it wasn't fixed by COB that day it would be Monday before anyone would look into this issue again. Every single time I've had to make contact with OVO. No one has used any initiative to call me or give me an update on why I am still without mobile service.

So I took to social media to ask questions. Instead of answering me or apologising the person in charge of SM (who I believe is their CEO) blocks me and turns off my ability to comment. It's infuriating to say the least. This company does not care about customers - they care about watching car races!!!

Private message

Great plan & good customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Ported my child's mobile from Vodafone to a OVO kids small plan, there was a porting error but after going online to tech support it was fixed in a few hours. Ported my other child to a OVO small plan from TPG and that had no porting issues. So far I'm happy with the plans & the kids are happy with the mobile service & data. The only possible improvement to already good plans would be OVO to OVO mobile free calls. Then I'd switch my wife's and my plan over from TPG where we call each other for free.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Harry! Thanks for the awesome review! I'm glad to hear that any issues that may have arose were sorted out quickly for you! Just to let you know we are always looking at our plans on how to im... read more »

Adelaide

OVO is a Joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

OVO is a total joke. 2 weeks to port a number only to have ongoing issues. SMS still doesn't work after 2 months. Network coverage is woeful and data is so slow it's not worth having. It maybe cheap but it will drive you insane. Changing to another Telco.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey John, Sorry to hear you had some issues with porting! This is not the norm, though from time to time things can happen. I would like to reach out to you and see if I can get some further deta... read more »

• 1 comment
Private message

Deceptive, unfair, and incompetent.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

My partner signed up for a basic $10/mth plan. There were complications with the changeover from the previous provider which took 3 months to resolve (hardly a 'seamless' process as advertised on their site). In the meantime Ovo was charging per month as on their system it said the sim was 'connected' whilst the phone wasn't receiving signal.

Long story short it ends up getting a connection and we then tried to have the previous months charges refunded as there was no service being provided. After some back and forth only half of this time was offered as refund (we're talking like $20 as well, it's just petty). Frustrated with this result my partner decided to cancel her plan with Ovo and move to Amaysim. Amaysim in turn have then said they are having issues pulling the number from Ovo.

After another call to Ovo they tell us that *it is not possible to get the number back* and the have put it in "quarantine" due to it being cancelled. How absolutely infuriating. Imagine having a number for 5-10 years only for it to be deleted after trying to just get away from a company's unfair practices.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey James,

Really sorry to hear about your experience with OVO! If you would like to discuss this further please reach out and I can have a look into this!

Hi,

Yes I am interested in trying to resolve this. How can I contact you?

Verified Customer

Multiple charges on sign up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

I received an email from Supercheap auto with what seemed a great offer from ovo mobile to switch for only $1. So upon signing up on ovo mobiles website and getting to the payment details part, the website would continuously say that there was an error with payment. However when I checked my NetBank, I had been charged multiple times for each failed attempt. I tried to call and was on hold for over 10 minutes. I hung up and write a detailed email with screenshots of what had happened. I received an email 2 days later explaining it isn't a charge only a freeze cost.?? I was never signed up and I continually get emails saying to pay the $1 amount!! No thanks.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Sean, Each time you order there is a $1 pre auth and a $1 charge. In total per order there would be 2 x $1 from the card. One of which is the pre auth and will go back to your card. When yo... read more »

Absolute garbage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Without a doubt the worst network in Australia. Can barely keep a data signal alive for more than a few seconds before losing it completely. Absolute gash! And before you say it, no it isn't the Optus network or my phone. I've got a dual sim phone and as soon as I switch over to my Optus sim data flow is fine. Swapped out the OVO for a kogan sim and again data works perfectly fine. OVO would most likely find it difficult to hold on to a stable connection even if you were standing underneath an Optus cell tower!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Dimi, Thanks for the feedback here! This is very odd as there is no difference in connection between an Optus sim or a OVO sim. We both use the same network and there should be no difference ... read more »

Private message

You get what you pay for

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

It's cheap and you get decent amount of data for the price (I'm on 8gb for $35). But, the internet is pretty bad. I'm also amazed how a mobile internet provider can't offer an iPhone app so you can check data or even have a mobile friendly website! Seriously, it is completely unusable on anything other Ghana desktop!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hi Snaps, Thanks for the feedback here. We use the Optus network and as with any network there may be times where the internet can go up and down. Though if you would like, please get in touch wi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

I am not usually one to complain, however for the sake that other people that may be considering switching with OVO I feel you should know the following:

I signed up for OVO'S Massive 50GB of data for broadband & an Extra large mobile SIM card.

First contact with OVO - Excellent customer service on my initial sign up, easy, sent out the sim no problem.

Activating SIM card - The person who I dealt with could not be bothered in explaining & helping me, I got off the phone couldn't figure out what to do then had to call back again where I talked to the same person. Instead of helping me further he said just call the HUWEI number & they will set you up. I called this company she mentioned that this was not her job but it was OVO's responsibility to help set me up. She kindly helped me through the process & my service was activated.

Twelve hours after our sim was activated & after watching two Netflix movies running approximately for 1.5hours I received an email from OVO saying that our data had reached 50% usage, that's a whopping 25GB for two movies!

I called OVO & asked why this was happening, the man I was talking to firstly said this was unusual, then when I persisted & asked how this could be resolved he did not want to help me any further. I asked for a refund on my mobile sim as I had not activated this service yet. I didn't expect a refund on OVO'S massive data sim as I had already activated this service.

I did not feel that my request from OVO was unreasonable & to be honest if they handled my situation with patience & understanding I would have been happy to stay with OVO.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Jemma, I am really sorry to hear you have had some stings with data there. We do provide usage reports but due to the privacy act we are unable to collect information on the specific places ... read more »

• 2 questions
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Best deal I have found for mobile broadband data plans

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I purchased an ovo data sim to use in a mobile broadband device at a holiday house. I searched all providers and ovo delivered the highest number of gigabytes per $ of all I looked out. I like the ability to turn on and off automatic payments. Coverage is fine in my area and speeds on Optus network are fast enough to stream movies etc. I would like them to release an app I can use to monitor my data useage and make repayments rather than having to use the desktop site.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Suzy! Thanks for the great review, and you're in luck! As we are so very close to releasing our Android and iPhone apps! We do listen to all of these reviews and make changes to what our custo... read more »

Newcastle

Excellent value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

The transition from Vodafone prepaid to Ovo prepaid was seamless. Excellent value for money in comparison. The coverage/internet speeds isn't the best, but is more than acceptable.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there Merc, Appreciate you taking the time to pop on a great review! Happy to hear it's all gone smoothly for you. We do use the Optus network, and they seem to be doing upgrades all the time... read more »

So far, so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Coming from Telstra, OVO is a breath of fresh air. 12GB of data for $45 instead of 10GB for $60 - no brainer. Coverage seems good. Service is great. Will update after a few more weeks of use.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hi Andy :)

Thanks for the review mate! Looks like we have ticked all your boxes and we will be looking forward to an update on how things have gone down the line !

Private message

Ovo Mobile is perfect for kids and even better for adults.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Very happy with the Ovo mobile for kids. Excellent coverage (same as Optus), with an affordable price and a good data plan. Easy to set up and the customer service is always of a high standard. I set up a new account and ported an existing number across with no problems at all. Very simple and easy instructions. Ovo is exceptional value for money. Highly recommend and once my contract is over I will be swapping to Ovo with the kids too.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there Shell24!!

Thanks for posting such an awesome review! So glad to hear everything has been so easy for you and your kids! We are definitely looking forward to having you come over and joining the OVO family!

OVO

More options, more economical and better service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I expected a vodafail style service and response but was pleasantly shocked. Used messaging service to inquire about plan change and Lawrence responded fast each time, answered my questions had helpful suggestions. And provided good service to resolve my concerns. Winning.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Rachael B! Appreciate you taking the time to let you know how great your experience with OVO is! We make sure we have a number of ways to get in touch with OVO and we aim to keep them all a fa... read more »

Perth

Verified Customer

Cheep and best and good for kids

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Very reliable net work coverage. I have already shifted my 2 services to OVO and porting was really easy. OVO works on optus network but interestingly 60% less expensive than optus and excellent customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hi Dr Jango! Thanks for the awesome review! You're right, we do use the Optus network, but we also do a lot internally to stay really well priced! And as you may have noticed, we don't let our cus... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I had my questions answered politely and acutely and quite quickly even thought they were busy.

And they let me know they were busy and sorry for the wait but then only waited about a minute.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Shazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;)

Great to hear! Appreciate you taking the time to pop a review up! We do try to get to everyone quickly, though we do pride ourselves on not having crazy long wait times as much as possible!

Melbourne

Verified Customer

Cheap, but some features do not work.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

This company offers low-cost plans, cheapest in the market, with high inclusions. But beware some of those inclusions do not work and coverage is not always good. The Optus network, that OVO is running off, is low in coverage like at home I only get reception when I am sitting close to the window. Also, data speeds are sometimes very slow. OVO has great customer support as it located in AUSTRALIA, not India or the Philippines, you can actually understand them. They "supposedly" offer data free streaming and listening to music, but I never got that, always it would use up data. They said that they did give me back the data, but when I had asked for further proof, they didn't want to give it to me. That just shows the lack of care towards the customer. Also beware that they take a dollar authorization charge when topping up the service, and it did not say on the website. Only 1 month they returned the authorization charge, which they charged 8 times from me. Over all I am not happy about this, and would not recommend to any one, due to my experience.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Denis, Thanks for the feedback about OVO. I have sent you a PM to go over the data free issue as we can have a look to see if there has been a miscalculation with OVOPlay as we do make sure t... read more »

Excellent product and service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

Perfect product for kids mobile phones. I've also found that my son doesn't get random texts and phone calls from people he doesn't know through OVO. The customer service is the best I have experienced anywhere, and if they say they are going to do something they do it.

Highly recommended!

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there Jac :D Such an awesome review! Really appreciate it! Our customer service team love to go the extra mile and follow uo where needed! I'll be sure to pass this to the CS team as I know th... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Large data, solid network and reasonably priced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

Previously with Optus, using the exact same network. Made the switch and now I save $55 a month and get an extra 2 gigs!

I received my SIM about three days after ordering it and the port was done in 2 hours.

I was surprised to see so many negative comments!

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hi There Mince!

Thanks for the awesome review! We are always trying our best to make switching over to OVO fast and painless! Glad to hear you are getting such great value! Welcome to OVO!!

1 of 9 pages