Terrible porting experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

The ability of Optus to port a number seems to be non-existent.
After 7 days, number is still disconnected.
OVO offer little in the way of feedback, and seem to lack the technical ability to remedy a failed number port.

I find I'm left with no other choice than to get a SIM from a reputable carrier instead

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hi Gordon,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with porting a number. Appreciate you taking the time to reply to my messages and I will be ensuring that our processes are improved upon from this experience.

Regards,

• 1 helpful vote

Worst porting experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

DON'T use OVO if you want to port your number over.
I've ported several times before for myself and my kids, I've never experience such a slow turn around time, when you call them, they keep blaming Optus without looking into the process on their side. I've been in limbo for hours and who knows how much longer... I can't cancel the activation as Optus has already released my number, I'm unable to use my phone, and no one can reach me either.

I so regret going with OVO.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there No Vo, Really sorry to hear about your experience, from what I can read here you have been out of service for a few hours while the port is taking place. Normally it is a lot quicker th... read more »

Verified Customer

OVO cannot deliver the mobile broadband they promise.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

4G Internet over wifi modem. Slowed to nothing for 4 days when I still had 3GB pre-paid. Re-setting ZTE modem changed nothing. Same modem connected to Optus no problem. Own mobile phone 4G connected to OVO with no slowdown. I am convinced OVO have pre-sold bandwidth over and beyond what they have the capacity to deliver; at some point they are obliged to throttle some users' speeds so as to enable the speeds of some other customers.
This is, of course, a local issue and may not apply in all regions.
The plan looks at first to be fast and economical, But in some regions they simply cannot keep up the bandwidth.
Miraculously, when I connected to my own Ovo "Dashboard" to complain, the data sped up.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there Goanna, I am really sorry to hear you have been having some issues with speed there. I can assure you that we don't pay for bandwidth as all of our plans have unthrottled access to the ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Ovo Child Plan - Forget it if you have more than 1 child.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I signed up my triplets each under a separate Ovo Child Plan. When trying to activate Family Zone was told I could only get 1 Family Zone membership (even though I had 3 plans). And that I would have to pay another $100 a year ($8 a month) to get my other two children on Family Zone. In addition it was a 'trial' membership (only after joining up was I aware that it was only a 'trial subscription' that could be cancelled by Family Zone at any time with 14 days notice). The terms and conditions are not on OVO's or Family Zones website that I could find - only when complaining about this was I provided with the terms and conditions on a separate page emailed to me. Really underhanded in the way they have disclosed how this works. I am scouting for a new provider with a genuine interest in helping us parents combat the risks of allowing our kids to have safe access to technology.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey EJP, Really sorry to hear your experience here. All of the accounts do come with 1 family zone subscription for you to use. This membership is ongoing for as long you have an active service. ... read more »

Yes I tried to do that but was told it was one account per family. I actually was told by you after already signing up (and thinking I could get all my children covered by one account for which 3 s... read more »

OVO Mobile Official

You would need to have three separate accounts, under three separate emails in order to get 3 separate family zone memberships. Family Zone provide one membership with our account and I can under... read more »

Verified Customer

Great service so far and incredible value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

Uses the Optus network so has widespread coverage.
The prices are phenomenal I have my son on a $9 plan where he gets more than he did on an Optus $30 plan.
My wife has cut $10 off her bill and doubled her data allowance.

When my daughter gets a phone, she will be on the $9 plan and when my phone contract is up, I will keep the same costs but move to a 12Gb plan on OVO.

Spectacular....

The only one "gotcha" is they need to update the dashboard so you can move your sims between plans. We did a holiday recently and I would have pushed my wife's plan for a month to the 12gb plan. It would be nice if this was a simple process on the site (mind you, maybe I just didn't find it)

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey James! First of all, thanks for such a fantastic review and we look forward to you and your daughter joining OVO when the time is right! We really do like to pack the inclusions in and remain... read more »

This is fantastic I am so happy!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

I was getting 1.5mbs with tpg due to I was located in a rural area away from the tower, so I done my research and decided to buy a sim from ovo along with the little modem they send I got the package 2 days later with really easy instructions.. Set it all up 45 MBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled especially 100gig a month for 69.95 so Dam Happy

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Sup Andrew!

Thanks for the awesome review! And really glad to hear you are getting some great speeds with OVO! We like to make the whole process as easy and quick as possible! Welcome to OVO mate!

OVO Mobile 4g lte 100g awsome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

The data sim arrived in descent time, activation went smoother than I thought. Possibly a hardware modem problem had to reinsert SIM couple time to start with and every power outages but good once the tower picks u up. Sadly the data warning is rather slow. Apart from that is great service no hiccups, Lambell's Lagoon NT. PS. If you want Flix movies definition/data usage worth a look for older silly ppls i have to wait 3 weeks for recharge n top ups expensive wish I could start again haha .

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there Shano! Great to hear that you got it all up and running and online! Also, thanks a lot for the feedback, we are actually soon to be releasing a new update to our back end that will get u... read more »

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 1 question

Lightening quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

OVO rocks and the offers are irresistible.
For porting the chat support said 3-5 business days.and guess what it ported less than 2 mins.
The chat support is so quick..efficient and fun.
Amazing service..and extremely satisfied with the support. 10 stars

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Mithun!

Thanks so much for the amazing review! Glad you had such a positive experience with us! I'll pass on the feedback to the team too, they will be chuffed :)

melbourne

• 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Inaccurate data usages, constant drop outs

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

I always track my data and Internet speed on my phone. First month they ripped off 7gb from me! They don't even provide a usage report showing what i used each day, just a graphic showing you have zero data, very dodgy! This is my second month with them, same thing ripped me off 8gb data. Data runs out at 42gb NOT 50gb. And yes i know they say usages can take time to show up, but i track everything on my phone, i can see exactly how much data each app used every day, BUSTED THEM!!! Time to switch providers!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Alan, I'm pretty shocked to see something like this! I would appreciate if you would reply to my PM and I can look into this for you. While we don't currently have the usage on line, we can p... read more »

Best support team ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Customer support immediate and spot on through on line chat. Solved my connection set up issue for data in just a few minutes. Highly recommend Ovo for their prepaid help.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hi Cherrymar,

Loving the great feedback! We take a lot of pride in making sure we are there for our customers quickly and when there are issues we can resolve them efficiently!

Welcome to OVO!

great local customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

We went with the OVO Mini Mobile plan and are very happy with what you get for the $10/month.
Customer service via online chat was friendly and competent. Good stuff OVO.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there Tomasina!

Thanks so much for the great review! We love to hear that you get in touch with us quickly and get to speak to the right people to get the right info :)

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Service still not active after a week & the higher management blocked me on social media

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Went through the activation process last Sunday for my SIM card. They say can take up to three days so waited that long. Confusing and rambles from their contact centre who seem to have no idea what's going on and why my service isn't working. On Friday I was told that if it wasn't fixed by COB that day it would be Monday before anyone would look into this issue again. Every single time I've had to make contact with OVO. No one has used any initiative to call me or give me an update on why I am still without mobile service.

So I took to social media to ask questions. Instead of answering me or apologising the person in charge of SM (who I believe is their CEO) blocks me and turns off my ability to comment. It's infuriating to say the least. This company does not care about customers - they care about watching car races!!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Great plan & good customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Ported my child's mobile from Vodafone to a OVO kids small plan, there was a porting error but after going online to tech support it was fixed in a few hours. Ported my other child to a OVO small plan from TPG and that had no porting issues. So far I'm happy with the plans & the kids are happy with the mobile service & data. The only possible improvement to already good plans would be OVO to OVO mobile free calls. Then I'd switch my wife's and my plan over from TPG where we call each other for free.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Harry! Thanks for the awesome review! I'm glad to hear that any issues that may have arose were sorted out quickly for you! Just to let you know we are always looking at our plans on how to im... read more »

Adelaide

OVO is a Joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

OVO is a total joke. 2 weeks to port a number only to have ongoing issues. SMS still doesn't work after 2 months. Network coverage is woeful and data is so slow it's not worth having. It maybe cheap but it will drive you insane. Changing to another Telco.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey John, Sorry to hear you had some issues with porting! This is not the norm, though from time to time things can happen. I would like to reach out to you and see if I can get some further deta... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Deceptive, unfair, and incompetent.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

My partner signed up for a basic $10/mth plan. There were complications with the changeover from the previous provider which took 3 months to resolve (hardly a 'seamless' process as advertised on their site). In the meantime Ovo was charging per month as on their system it said the sim was 'connected' whilst the phone wasn't receiving signal.

Long story short it ends up getting a connection and we then tried to have the previous months charges refunded as there was no service being provided. After some back and forth only half of this time was offered as refund (we're talking like $20 as well, it's just petty). Frustrated with this result my partner decided to cancel her plan with Ovo and move to Amaysim. Amaysim in turn have then said they are having issues pulling the number from Ovo.

After another call to Ovo they tell us that *it is not possible to get the number back* and the have put it in "quarantine" due to it being cancelled. How absolutely infuriating. Imagine having a number for 5-10 years only for it to be deleted after trying to just get away from a company's unfair practices.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey James,

Really sorry to hear about your experience with OVO! If you would like to discuss this further please reach out and I can have a look into this!

Regards,

Hi,

Yes I am interested in trying to resolve this. How can I contact you?

Hi Ovo, can you pls let me know how I can contact you regarding the above. I don't suppose you meant for me to call the regular customer service line?

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Multiple charges on sign up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

I received an email from Supercheap auto with what seemed a great offer from ovo mobile to switch for only $1. So upon signing up on ovo mobiles website and getting to the payment details part, the website would continuously say that there was an error with payment. However when I checked my NetBank, I had been charged multiple times for each failed attempt. I tried to call and was on hold for over 10 minutes. I hung up and write a detailed email with screenshots of what had happened. I received an email 2 days later explaining it isn't a charge only a freeze cost.?? I was never signed up and I continually get emails saying to pay the $1 amount!! No thanks.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Sean, Each time you order there is a $1 pre auth and a $1 charge. In total per order there would be 2 x $1 from the card. One of which is the pre auth and will go back to your card. When yo... read more »

Absolute garbage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Without a doubt the worst network in Australia. Can barely keep a data signal alive for more than a few seconds before losing it completely. Absolute gash! And before you say it, no it isn't the Optus network or my phone. I've got a dual sim phone and as soon as I switch over to my Optus sim data flow is fine. Swapped out the OVO for a kogan sim and again data works perfectly fine. OVO would most likely find it difficult to hold on to a stable connection even if you were standing underneath an Optus cell tower!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Dimi, Thanks for the feedback here! This is very odd as there is no difference in connection between an Optus sim or a OVO sim. We both use the same network and there should be no difference ... read more »

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

You get what you pay for

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

It's cheap and you get decent amount of data for the price (I'm on 8gb for $35). But, the internet is pretty bad. I'm also amazed how a mobile internet provider can't offer an iPhone app so you can check data or even have a mobile friendly website! Seriously, it is completely unusable on anything other Ghana desktop!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hi Snaps, Thanks for the feedback here. We use the Optus network and as with any network there may be times where the internet can go up and down. Though if you would like, please get in touch wi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

I am not usually one to complain, however for the sake that other people that may be considering switching with OVO I feel you should know the following:

I signed up for OVO'S Massive 50GB of data for broadband & an Extra large mobile SIM card.

First contact with OVO - Excellent customer service on my initial sign up, easy, sent out the sim no problem.

Activating SIM card - The person who I dealt with could not be bothered in explaining & helping me, I got off the phone couldn't figure out what to do then had to call back again where I talked to the same person. Instead of helping me further he said just call the HUWEI number & they will set you up. I called this company she mentioned that this was not her job but it was OVO's responsibility to help set me up. She kindly helped me through the process & my service was activated.

Twelve hours after our sim was activated & after watching two Netflix movies running approximately for 1.5hours I received an email from OVO saying that our data had reached 50% usage, that's a whopping 25GB for two movies!

I called OVO & asked why this was happening, the man I was talking to firstly said this was unusual, then when I persisted & asked how this could be resolved he did not want to help me any further. I asked for a refund on my mobile sim as I had not activated this service yet. I didn't expect a refund on OVO'S massive data sim as I had already activated this service.

I did not feel that my request from OVO was unreasonable & to be honest if they handled my situation with patience & understanding I would have been happy to stay with OVO.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Jemma, I am really sorry to hear you have had some stings with data there. We do provide usage reports but due to the privacy act we are unable to collect information on the specific places ... read more »

• 2 questions
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Best deal I have found for mobile broadband data plans

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I purchased an ovo data sim to use in a mobile broadband device at a holiday house. I searched all providers and ovo delivered the highest number of gigabytes per $ of all I looked out. I like the ability to turn on and off automatic payments. Coverage is fine in my area and speeds on Optus network are fast enough to stream movies etc. I would like them to release an app I can use to monitor my data useage and make repayments rather than having to use the desktop site.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Suzy! Thanks for the great review, and you're in luck! As we are so very close to releasing our Android and iPhone apps! We do listen to all of these reviews and make changes to what our custo... read more »

1 of 9 pages