Hong Kong

Worst company ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Absolutely ridiculous, I am a traveller and bought the SIM from post office for my two weeks staying in Aus. When I activated my SIM, it forced me to provide credit card details as I don’t have any AU identity. After a month, I found that they auto recharged $34.95 to my credit card without my authorisation. I reached out to their customer service, they refused to make any refund. I reviewed all the policy from their public website and the package of the SIM. I can’t see any terms mentioned that it will default the setting as auto-recharged if you chose to provide credit card as your identity. And I remember that I did wanted to remove my credit card details after the SIM got activated, it is no way for you to remove the credit card details. Worst company ever.

Millicent, South Australia

• 6 helpful votes

A joy after Telstra.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

Much better speeds than ADSL 2 where I live in the Bush. Customer service is excellent. Love that I am not tied to a contract. When I am in hospital I can take the mobile broadband with me, so saves me money. I am a light user but easy to upgrade for just 1 month if I have visitors and then go back to the lower plan. Now can do this directly on the app, even better. Love the simple straightforward app - so easy to use. Dealing with TELSTRA was a nightmare. So glad I found OVO.

Thanks ovo

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

Good reliable coverage, as i travel with work, only a very few places the coverage is poor, but then again there are places my ovo work & others dont. Been with ovo a couple of years & the only thing is that if you do run out of credit you cant recharge on line otherwise it would be 5 stars.

Verified Customer

Everything works well unless you have a concern

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I just received a $100 credit card charge for OVO extras allowing my child to call oversea's. I immediately contacted OVO to reverse the transaction as its an obvious mistake and was simply told "You shouldn't have given your child the password to the app". Without the app it is not possible to monitor data usage unless your happy to wait for 50%, 85% usage messages.

After investigation it appears my child checked his data usage and put the phone in his bag. OVO flog off their extras in the data section and it's now apparent how easy it is to purchase extras such as pocket/bag dialling.

For a company that heavily advertised OVO as a great children's plan beware the lousy app design and poor customer service. This will eventually cost you more in the long run.

Melbourne, Victoria

OVO Mobile Broadband

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I have been using the OVO Mobile Broadband network for a while now as the NBN is many years away (2020-2022) in my area and ADSL is unusable due to the street underground copper cable being in disrepair. I have found their email and phone support to be excellent, even if they need to get back to you (they DO, really quickly). The speed of the service in my area is great and I have found it to be very reliable (well beyond what ADSL would get me).

Salisbury, SA

• 4 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 33 helpful votes
Private message

No credit card equals no internet.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

So yeah, I have no credit card nor want one. And it's the only payment system they have. Others accept debit cards, so I'll continue to look elsewhere that's not back in the stone age.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there,

We do also sell recharge vouchers at 7-11s :)

I hope this cleared up any confusion you may have had!

Perth

• 1 question

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

After 20 years of loyalty to Three/Vodafone I decided to shop around to check I was getting the best deal. Came across Ovo Mobile & decided to give them a try. It has been a positive experience so far. Just about to recharge & have my fingers crossed it will continue to be positive.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Good product, HORRIBLE costumer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I've been using the service for almost a year now with no problems, until recently..
Basically I tried to upgrade my services through the app, but there was no useful settings for it (god knows how this 2009ish app exist in 2018.). Anyway, out of no where I got charged for data add ons twice and when I contacted the customer service they told me I tried 6 attempts on it. like who in their right mind would buy data add ons on the first day of cycle month let alone 6 tries?
Oh yes, you've guessed it, instead of investigating what might have occurred, they blamed it on me or a hacker? what on earth? Did you resurrect Steve Jobs to develop your app?

and HOW EXACTLY IS THAT A CUSTOMER SERVICE? I swear third world countries have a better costumer services than this company.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Horrible coverage!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

They have awful coverage, once you're indoors, you're out.

Turned off their automatic renewal, but they still charged me for an automatic top up.

Stay away.

• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Internet speed is ridiculous !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Ovo wireless internet, don't bother!! I am getting downloads of .02mbps with ovo internet...dont bother, worse than dial up years ago!

Tenambit NSW Australia

The sim for teens

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

My 14 year old daughter has an OVO sim and it is brilliant for her and us. Cheap and she has yet to run out. Highly recommended for teens everywhere.And the Tech Support is very impressive indeed.

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Ridiculous inability to change plans

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Absolutely ridiculous, you can't change plans independently through the website. When you call you are told that you can only change the plan on THE DAY of the month fee. I was told to call back at the end of the month on the 20th, which I forgot to do - so waited a whole other month, remembered to call on the 20th and was told it had topped up on the 19th, that it's every 28 days (which I was not told before) so now stuck with a plan which is not meeting my needs for ANOTHER month. Farcical

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Misleading and atrocious voice quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

This company is promise after promise with network features that are coming yet nothing is delivered, just a way to lure customers in. 3G voice quality on Optus is atrocious, that’s why 4G voice need to happen. By the way I have it on good authority that VoLTE is at least 12 months away for Optus wholesale MNVOs.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Mick67 I totally see where you are coming from mate! Unfortunately no Optus MVNO has access to features like VoLTE or VoWiFi. We are waiting on these features to become available to us and we ... read more »

Worst mobile provider ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I'm very angry with this company. I got a sim card and when I tried to activate it, I was not able to transfer my current number so then I contacted them and they said It was not possible as the current number was activated already. And now to make things even worst, they took a payment out of my credit card without my authorisation. I contacted them again and they said that it was in the terms and conditions that the payment would be taken automatically and they couldn't give my money back! Anyway, because I didn't wanna loss 69,90 I ended up accepting to receive another sim card. However I advice people to stay away from them. I tried to deleted my credit card details and my account and there is no option for that. Stay away from this company.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there Leidiane, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us - I understand that you may have had some trouble with the set up! If you could PM me your details I can have a look into t... read more »

Great Australian Telco

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Reliable Network Coverage: Yes, not a single problem. 10 out of 10

Data Issues: No, a not single issue. 10 out of 10

Customer Service: 8.5 out of 10, An Australian Call Centre run by Australians. That is awesome. From what I understand OVO Mobile is Australian Owned and Operated.

Very polite Customer Service Staff, Andy is a great guy. I asked so many questions, some even twice, I got a polite and accurate response to every question.

OVO Mobile on the Optus Network: A brilliant idea and a smart business move. Optus is reliable and reasonable.

Overall: 9 out 10.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there!

Thanks for the awesome review mate! Appreciate you taking the time to let everyone else know your thoughts!

Rgds,

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

It’s ok. Could be better.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Coverage is ok. It uses the Optus network. As I’m writing this review on a Sunday morning (11am), my download speed is 14mb which is quite poor. Sometimes I can get up to 24mb but it should be better.

The pricing plans are good. As someone who isn’t a fan of contracts, Ovo’s pricing is not bad. I was on a 50gb plan for $60 and they changed it to $50. When I recharged for the next month they were still charging me $60. I could not change my plan online. This had to be done over the phone and their call centres are not 24/7. They good to refund me the $10. Ovo - please allow customers to change their plans online.

The call centres are based in Australia so they’re employing local people - great. I’ve had mixed responses from call centre staff - some super helpful, others not very friendly.

The online dashboard could be more streamlined. Login, there’s your service number, click your service number and then your usage dashboard. I just want to see my usage in one click. It only shows you your overall usage. I’d like to see it broken down day by day.

Unmetered content - don’t waste your time. Unless you want to watch gymnastics and other niche sports, don’t bother. There’s no unmetered iview, Netflix, SBS, etc.

There is a refer a friend program but meh.

Could be better, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Jess! Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review! To touch on some of your points; We are a few weeks away from launching the change plan function online through your custom... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

False advertising - Advertised as 4G - Slow average speeds only 3mbps - Beware the "auto-recharge"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Despite advertising as 4G speeds on Optus network - actual speeds in my area were on average only 3mbps.

Was intending not to renew with OVO however received a rude shock when my credit card was automatically debited $89.95 and despite contacting them immediately, they refused to issue a refund. Further, they would not allow me to remove my credit card details without cancelling the account all together.

Avoid disappointment, do not waste your time or money with OVO. If you are making the poor choice of going with this company, at least ensure that "auto-renew" is unchecked, as you will be automatically charged and not refunded, even if you don't use any data.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Sam L Really sorry to hear that you have experienced some slow speeds there! Can you send me a PM with your details and I can get one of the team to contact you? If you are getting below 10mbp... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Only follow what the fine print says. Deceiving!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

There updating recharge policy is floored. Only do online not over the phone otherwise they will charge you even if you do not use and you won’t receive any refund.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Kahu, While we are not able to refund recharges that have gone through as per the recharge indicator, if you want to reach out and PM me some details for when you called to have this turned o... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

I really liked OVO, but they didn't have the product I needed.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I really liked OVO. They are a clean and simple company with clean and simple products. I have been with almost all of the carriers and this was by far my absolute favourite. The people are knowledgeable about their products and the staff are all super friendly. I needed loads of mobile data, which unfortunately they didn't have so I had to switch. But what they do offer is great and the service is impeccable. Highly recommend. 5 stars!

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Review Queen!

Thanks heaps for taking the time to give us an awesome review! I'll be sure to pass this along to the whole team! Keep an eye on our website as we are always reviewing our deals! ;)

Great,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

I've changed my review, now giving it 5 star. If you are on this plan make sure you turn your streaming services down to med Quality, 4k
The data speeds for download are 40-50mb uploads 10-20mb which maybe a little slow for some.
I haven't experienced drop outs, Neflix steams perfectly and lasts me the Month.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey MarkyMark73!!

Really appreciate you taking the time to give such an awesome review! Glad to hear that our speeds and reliability have been great for you!

Great tip on turning the quality down to save some GBs there!

1 of 14 pages