• 7 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Adequate until you try to go overseas

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Ovo Mobile is an Optus reseller so you'll get coverage wherever Optus has coverage. They're decent if you're planning to never leave the country.

Unfortunately, I went overseas and had such an abysmal experience that I'm planning to switch out as soon as I land back in Australia. I started off with a $20 pack, primarily for data. It worked well for the first few days and then I started getting issues with the data. I contacted Ovo via chat and after going through a slew of questions (Are you on the same network? Yes. Are you in the same area? Yes) They advised that everything was fine on their end. They suggested resetting APN settings, which I did -- it wouldn't work most of the time. I asked locals on the same network and their data was fine.

I am finishing my trip with most of my credit intact -- what a massive waste -- and no resolution from Ovo. I have been to this country several times before with Telstra and have never had this issue.

Anyway, I am flying out on the 13th and arriving in Australia on the 14th, which is when my plan auto-recharges. I asked about downgrading to the lowest Ovo plan which would buy me a little bit more time to switch to another mobile provider. I contacted them via chat (there is no way to do this online) and was advised I would need to contact them tomorrow because they can only change the plan a day before it rolls over. Which wouldn't have been a hassle if only my international data was working -- but it's not. And now I have to scramble to find a wifi connection on the day I'm flying out just to get this sorted. What a massive headache.
==
Edited to add: I had contacted them via Twitter and was told on June 13 "Please DM the best number to reach you and we'll get that sorted on the cost side." I couldn't DM them because they weren't following me, which I told them about on June 15th. No response since then. Guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up!

Great service, Great plans and coverage!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I've needed a solution for a cost efficient "large" mobile broadband data plan. The OVO plan has worked really well, with really good speeds. I've been in touch with their sales / support team a few times with questions, everyone was friendly to deal with and very helpful.

Thanks guys!

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Paul!

Thanks for the great review! Happy to hear that you are finding the products great and the support easy to deal with! Glad to have you over on OVO :D

Thx,

• 3 comments

False advertising

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

This is on your website.,Your Fans first promise according to you, 'When we change our plans we automatically move our existing fans so that you’re not stuck on an old plan when there’s better value to be had' . You changed the calling allowance from $200 to $500 for the Ovo mini which I am on. However contrary to what you advertise I will not be upgraded automatically. Will need to call customer service to upgrade and I also have not been advised about the change. I found out about it but inadvertently. Shouldn’t you upgrade us automatically as advertised.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Hana! I've got to say that you are right here - with the way these plan changes have come from our provider we were not able to just move everyone over! We are going to be letting everyone kno... read more »

When did the change to $500 occur?

OVO Mobile Official

We have only just recently released the new plans (Last week) and are in the process of getting the auto move over happening this week

Great Value plan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Optus network coverage is good
For $10 a month I get more than adequate data and call allowance
I have contacted support by phone and online and they have always been responsive.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Tandem!

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear that you're finding OVO so easy to deal with :D

Bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I had signed up and ordered the sim from OVO mobile from 01/06 and wait until today is 12/06 and I still did not receive a sim. When I order sim online they said it takes only 2-5 days for the sim to deliver.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Mia!

So sorry to hear this! Sounds like this may have got lost in the post! If you haven't already contacted the team we will send you an express replacement free of charge! Please let me know if you need any more help with this!

sydney Australia

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

Great Provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Joined few month's ago on the Kids mini plan $9.95 1GB data, $200 Calls + Unlimited text
Network coverage is reliable
Decent prepaid plan
Love the international credit expiring within 90 days of purchase
I really like the ovo google play app, easy to use and straight forward
Love the value for $9.95

However i do think their is lots of room for improvements such as

1) Add more value to the Kids Mini Plan $9.95 and Small Plan $19.95, make the kids mini $500 to $600 worth of calls and bump the 1gb to something decent like 3gb and small Plan unlimited calls and text plus more data
2) Add data banking for all you're offers including the Kids Mini Plan
3) Sometimes the ovo app signs me out automatic and i have to resign back in (not a real issue) just an annoyance, not a real deal breaker, However i'm using the latest up to date app and it should be fixed by now, not to mention the ovoplay should be auto login within the app not having to re-login again to access that
4) Increase International credit days to use all credit from 90 days to 120 days

Little things like this keep current customers happy and will bring new customers into the fold

I do feel OVO is falling behind the rest of the competition to other MVNO providers
It's been two years since any mini kids plan or small plans have had an update

If OVO is serious about providing a mobile service to it's customers it has to keep up with demand otherwise people will port away for a better deal because let's be real here, 2 years and a half with no updates to plans is really disappointing

So if you're reading this CEO of OVO it's time for a major overhaul on you're plans

I look forward to seeing the plans soon and Hopefully we don't go into 2019 and still no updates have happened

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Andy!

Thanks so so much for the detailed review! We really do appreciate these as they give a great point of feedback and ideas for us to try!

We have already taken on some of the feedback and put it into play!

OVO

Thanks OVO i look forward to being on the new pricing :D keep up the solid work :)

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers

Model service provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

Despite I have decided to use other service provider for my mobile data needs, after using OVO for a month on its data plan, I have to agree this is a model service provider ever encountered.
During the course of this one month, there was no drop off nor any issue but just reliable speed and service such as chat line and email. On the last day of the plan, service still continued despite I activated plan in the afternoon. For other service providers, the service would have ceased. The 30 days plan is also more fair than those offering 28 days. The only setback I can't use its service is it gives insufficient international minute on the mobile plan. Hope OVO has unlimited international minute for the same package price.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Frustrated! Looks like you aren't frustrated with us! Which we are glad to hear haha :D Really awesome review and appreciate you taking the time to post it! I'll be sure to pass this onto the ... read more »

never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

This company is good at offering false promises.Been promising extra data,a lift in call allowances amongst other things for months now.All they do is continue to blame there network provider optus.Other providers seem to lift data on there plans to remain competitive but not this lot.Stay away,theres much better deals out there.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Mick, Appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. I understand that you are not happy that we have not lifted some of our plan and want to apologise for letting you down in that depar... read more »

Hamlyn Heights

• 1 comment
Private message

Still having issues. .rude customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

I signed up last week paid $7 for express post of Sim still took 2 business days to arrive. Activated Sim took 2 days & 3 phone calls to activate service. Service is now active but when people are calling my new number they are getting message that number is incorrect or invalid. Three phone calls to Ovo today with still no resolution. Have spoken to same consultant 3 times today. Hes very rude & has no interest in helping. I'll give it one more day then im leaving this. I dont need the grief or to be spoken down to. Big thumbs down.

Comments

Issue has been resoved. Contacted by Ovo this morning. Issue fixed by lunchtime. Thumbs up..Thanks Lawrence

OVO Mobile Official

Hey Andrea, Really appreciate your review and want to apologise for the error in your service. Regarding postage the express does take 1-2 working days to get to you but I can see that you needed... read more »

the best customer service i have ever had!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

out of any isp i have ever dealt with i have never talked anyone so willing to help and explain things in a polite, real human way as what i have experienced with ovo. from the first point of contact with them i no i will be in good hands for the future to come.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Jake,

Thanks for the awesome review! I know the team are going to be thrilled when I share your feedback with them, just as I was when I read this! It's really great to hear our staff really going the extra mile!

Thanks again!

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Good team are helpful

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Very good team are very helpful to your enquirey, could be a little bit more competitive though, Id like to see a cheap plan like $10 a month with 1gig or something

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Mate,

Thanks for the kind words about the team! Did you know that we have exactly that plan! It's the mini plan $9.95 and has 1GB of data and $200 calls and unlimited SMS and MMS :)

Hobart

• 1 helpful vote

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Fabulous offer. Perfect for my teenage daughter. Peace of mind knowing I can contact her and her me. So easy to set up and the Ovo team are so helpful. Great coverage too.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Nicole B!

Thanks for taking the time to leave an awesome review! So glad to hear you've got that peace of mind and that it's been easy for you to set up!

Maybe we can get you over onto OVO ;)

Esk, QLD

• 1 answer

Perfect for non NBN users

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

I live in a rural area and found OVO to be great. I get top signal and download speeds seem to be good. Who needs NBN with their hassles when you can get 100GB for $69.95 a month. Thank you OVO for giving me an alternative than having to go and get NBN or try for naked DSL. One happy customer.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Toni!

That's what we love to hear! Awesome to see you're finding such value in the mobile broadband! Appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

Thanks!

OVO

Fantastic value for money service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

We are not high end phone users and so it was great to find a package that included a reasonable amount of calls and data. We found that $200 was more than enough for calls. Also included unlimited sms and voicemail. We made do with 1G of data. That was enough for all our emails, phone baking, googling and mapping. If you want to be facebooking or youtubing, then you will need more. But at $10 per month it was perfect for the kids and I.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Zol!

Thanks for the awesome review! Glad to see the range of packages we have caters to not only just one group of users! Great to hear you are loving OVO!

melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Never waste your money on OVO

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

They will rip you off. No coverage, slow internet, worst reception and they will keep taking money off your credit card even after you terminate the service. please do yourself a favor and stay away

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there Mohamed,

This sounds really strange and definitely not something that should be happening. I have PMd you to get your details and we can get to the bottom of this!

Regards,

• 2 comments

Online scam?

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

OVO mobile needs extra charging for premium SMS or etc. I often top-up for particular reasons, but my extra disappeared from my account right after that, despite no use. Put my complain to OVO customer service. So far, no response about it.
Their final recommendation is that I should cancel OVO mobile, as long as I am uncomfortable with OVO “standard”. That is to say, once we complained OVO service, we are no longer OVO customers.
To my understanding, quality of service is only assessed by their attitude when a customer complained. Once it happened, their only option is to refuse the customer, such as myself.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience! This is very out of the ordinary and something I want to look into and help you with. I have PMd you and would love if you could get back to me with your details.

OVO

Sent my detail via PMd. No response, finally....

Hey there,

We did send you an update, and today a further one confirming that your charges were valid from you making premium calls. I hope if you have any more questions to contact us and we can help out!

excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Rang OVO today and got straight through and my reason for calling was dealt with with excellent advice and attention. I was complete in under two miniutes. Superior costomer service

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Mick B!

Ah, that's what we like to hear! We put a lot of effort into making sure you can get in touch with people that can help you out first time quickly! Appreciate the feedback mate! I'll let the team know too!

Beats ALL the Big Players

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

I have been with ALL the main players over the years and OVO service and web-chat back up knocks them all out of the park. $29.95 a month for unlimited calls/texts, 5 GB data and 50 minutes of international calls. Very satisfied!!!!

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey Dean3602!!

Sounds like you've been and tried them all! What an amazing compliment to have you settle down with us! Appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

OVO!

Service disconnected - "Help desk" making up answers

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

For no reason Ovo disconnected my service. When I rang they initially blamed tower issues, then "I must not have paid my bill". When I clarified that wasn't the cause they elevated to Level 2 support. Now after promising to rectify the issue for 3 days, they tell me Optus gave away my number. When I highlighted that my number was not connected to another person I was told "the problem has just been fixed". I confirmed that it was not working having restarted my phone and then it was back to "it is a tower issue" and it could take two days to fix. I think it is time to go to the telecommunications ombudsman.....

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hi David, Firstly, I'm really sorry to hear about your experience recently! I must say this is very out of the norm and want to have a look into this personally - both to fix your issue at hand, ... read more »

Price and plans are excellent - But coverage is shocking , traffic seems to be shaped.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

I travel the trains everyday from western sydney. coverage is poor in general. Rarely get 4G. You get what you pay for.

Comments
OVO Mobile Official

Hey G.Lio, Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Really sorry to hear that you are not getting great reception on the train lines - they can be a bit like a Faraday cage moving fast with a... read more »

1 of 12 pages