• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Not so Great

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Bought this after reading positive reviews. Unfortunately for me, it hasn't been very good. My GHD, which my daughter now uses all the time, is far better. The OzHead takes longer to straighten my hair, the straightener becomes so hot it easily burns your fingers and ears and I have no idea what the vibration is supposed to achieve it didn't do a thing for me. In comparison when I use my GHD my hair is shinier and smoother and it doesn't become so extremely hot on the outside. On the positive side, they did send my out a free one after sending me the incorrect colour ordered, which was unexpected and very nice.

Verified Purchase

Not hot enough for my hair

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

17.5.17 Unfortunately this straightener doesn't do a good job on my hair even at the top temperature and using tiny sections of hair. I used the serum they sent but with this straightener my hair is all plumped out again the next day.
I ordered it on 25.4.17 but it didn't arrive for about 10 working days. I have left a message on the 1800 694 323 number which went to the message bank of someone named Dave.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Claire, Crikey - I'm so sorry to hear that. We're usually really good at getting back to people but it looks like we dropped the ball somewhere. I'm also pretty concerned that your parcel took s... read more »

Dave has been terrific and posted a new straightener on the same day we spoke on the phone. Unfortunately whilst waiting for this to arrive, the vibrate function on the original straightener stoppe... read more »

Well Dave is sending a refund and I am very grateful indeed. It shows that this company has integrity ladies! Very impressive.

My old GHD was better!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2014

Received this Ozhead straightener as a gift a couple months back. Was looking forward to using it as my old GHD eventually broke after several years. Well what a disappointment :( it doesn't straighten as well as my old GHD, and secondly the vibrating plates stop working every time I use it :( really disappointed with this straightener, I'd rather go back and use a GHD anyday!

- Doesn's straighten as well as my old GHD, vibrating plates stop working.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Hannah, Please can you get in touch with us? If the results you're getting are not awesome then I suspect you have a bad unit and we can arrange a replacement asap :) We really want every customer to be happy so please call us on 1800 694 323

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Average

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2013

I've used many straighteners & this was as another reviewer stated, clunky & the plates didnt float right. I've had mine just over 2 years & a plate finally disconnected. I'm back to plain old Remmington, $50 & works as well. It has a 3 year service warranty which I'llI try (only broke this week) but if it costs money I'll have to consider if its worth it 9postage). will let you know about the service side.

+ Heated quick, long warranty, very pretty box

- Cord too long, not a great plate fixture, no auto cut off, expensive

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Dear Chrish, No problems at all you have a 3 year warranty so we would be happy to replace it. I think we wrote to you on the 14th, but if for some reason you didn't get the email, please can you... read more »

Looking to buy a new hair straightener as my old GHD is on borrowed time. Very interested in the Ozhead and also the SAS. They seem to be quite similar in function, price and reviews and I really cant decide which to get. Any information would be appreciated? Thanks

Lee asked on Jun 25, 2017

Answer this

Hi Lee. Thanks very much for considering us :) Our straighteners heat up to 230 degrees with variable heat control, plus we also have vibrating plates that make the straightening process a lot easier. We also have a 3 year replacement warranty and a 14 day money-back guarantee for you to try them out. At the moment we're also doing free shipping Australia-wide and you can use the discount code MEGAOFFER too and get 20% discount to-boot :) I hope you will give us a go.

Hi Lee
I can't give you any feedback on the SAS sorry don't even know anyone who has one.

My Ozhead - I've had I a few weeks now and I can honestly say my old GHD that this replaceyd was NEVER anywhere near as good as my Ozhead. The Ozhead leaves my hair dead straight and it stays that way all day. I have a fringe that curls up as soon as I leave the bathroom. Not with my Ozhead.

If I use the hair serum with the straightner. My hair stays straight for up to 3 days. Well that's as long as I was prepared to test It. I have always had to wash my hair every single day up until I started with the Ozhead. It's awesome waking up to straight hair and not having to wash dry and style it every single day.

Everyone's hair is different of course. But my experience on my hair is fantastic and I'd highly recommend the straightner and the serum.

Hi a few days ago you had a deal for $189.95 whivh included a mini straightener, heat mat, serum etc. I cannot see that on the website anymore. Do you still have that or when is it coming back ?

Puneet asked on Mar 27, 2017

Hi, I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

Marlin asked on Mar 25, 2017

Answer this

Marlin, I also have thick wavy hair, did you end up getting a OZhead? If so how was it with your hair?

See all 20 questions about OzHead MKIII