• 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2009

great product. Loved it, and reccomend it to anyone looking to buy a GHD but don't necessarily want to spend the money... and as I said, in my opinion it's better haha.

+ I LOVE this product. I got the "thinkpink" straightener as a gift, and I was amazed at how quickly it heats up. It literally took seconds. I have a GHD IV styler as well. their shells are very similar, but I actually think the Ozhead is better and quicker.

- nothing really, except the name "thinkpink" doesn't do too much for me.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 21 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2010

This hair straightener is really good value for money. I'd have to vote not quite as good as a GHD but it's close, and amazing for the price. Better than the expensive silver bullet straightener that I used before buying this one too.
Heats up really fast and straightens very quickly. I usually go over each section of hair twice and it's dead straight.

+ Heats up really quickly. Makes my hair dead straight. The heat mat is really great, never need to worry about burning surfaces etc again.

- Really just the colour. It makes it look cheap. Still, at least it's distinctive.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ Heats up quickly, affordable, Tough - I can't keep count of the amount of times ive left it on for days at a time, dropped it, stepped on it and its still in top shape

- The only con I can think of is the colour fades on the straightner after a while i've had mine for 2 years and around the heat plates it's lost a bit of colour - which isn't at all a problem for me but could be for some people.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 19 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ Absolutely brilliant product, I love the adjustable temperature control. I have fine, easily damaged hair and this straightener effortlessly straightened my hair on the lowest heat setting. The plates glide through the hair without any dragging or pulling at all. It looks fantastic (I have the black one, although I did like the pink one as well), it is easy and comfortable to use, heats up super fast and it is beautifully presented in gorgeous packaging.

- None - although I would love to see this product available it more salons or retail outlets for more people to see.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

It's fantastic and would recommend it to anyone. I have long, thick hair and it works really well. Goodbye GHD in my books ( too overpriced)

+ Does everything that a GHD does (curling and straightening) but is better and cheaper!
- it has tourmaline plates which means it is alot less damaging on ur hair and makes if feel beautifully silky and smooth after. Seriously read up on Tourmaline plates in straighteners as i cant belive that GHD have not brought out tourmaline plates in their straighteners.
- It has a three year warranty which is great
- Its Australian owned and delivered within 2 days

- the product information sheet could have been a bit more detailed with the product with product specification and curling instructions etc.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 29 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ Fast Heat Up, Temperature Control, Heat Mat, Swivel Style Cord (Won't damage the cord when curling your hair, because the cord doesn't twist like some GHD's do!)

- The Colour...no offence but eeew. On the website the colour looked okay (when i looked again i realised they are different colours) but in reality i have to admit it is one of the most ugliest shades of pink ever and looks so tacky and cheap. The delivery also sucked it took 4 days to arrive even though they promise 1st class overnight delivery in Australian Capital Cities. Plus they told me it would arrive 3 days after I ordered it, arrival date was suppossed to be a Thursday, I skipped work to be home when it came but nothing arrived and finally it arrived on the Friday.

• 23 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ This product is fantastic....overnight delivery...excellent value and works wonders. My hair actually feels the best it has for quite sometime...its long (down to my waist)very thick and the hair itself is thick.After using this product for about a month I can say it looks healthier, feels smooth and soft.Heats up in seconds...no more leaving it turned on in advance.My hair does not get caught or pulled by the straightener. if I have to "touch up" after sleep and shower, it takes just a quick run through for less than a minute.

- lol...the colour...being a "blue person"...but the product is
fantastic...so...thats all that matters.

23 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

I bought this as a gift for my wife. She thinks it's fantastic, much better than her old (much cheaper) straightener that died on her. It heats up very quickly and straigtens very easily. I bought it based on the reviews from this site and have been very happy so far.
I have to say though I was a little wary of how reliable the product and/or company was. Thought maybe these reviews were all from realtives of the owners of the company! Then when I purchased on their website it just seemed a bit dodgy. When I hit the purchase button after putt
ing all my details in it took me to a page with a whole lot of gobbledygook. That really scared me. I hit the back button and it took me back to the purchase page and I (with much hesitation) hit the purchase button again and this time it went through okay. But it didn't give me a receipt # and there were no details on how long it would take to be delivered etc. I did receive a confirmation email a minute later which was a relief, but I still went to bed feeling a little nervous about it all. Thankfully though all was ok and 2 days later I had an Oz Head hair straightener in my mailbox.

+ Works beautifully, heats up very quickly

- Pink colour is a bit cheap and tacky looking

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 10 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

i highly reckomend better than GHD my sister has a GHD and steals my oz head all the time!!! i love this product

+ fast effective aussie made and owned

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

The service, packaging and delivery was awesome. The product is up there with the best and it's Aussie so why wouldn't you buy it!!

+ It heats up fast, works a treat and is pink!

• 12 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ Excellent quality with an excellent price and.... It's produced by an Aussie company! The standard of customer service I was given when I had queries was excellent also.

- I had no dislikes!

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 14 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2010

These things are male stress relievers. Worth every cent.
I took a gamble. My wife's GHD's had packed in after 5 yrs. My wife wanted new
GHDs. Both daughters also had GHDs. Gamble - can I find better? My wife was adamant that GHD's were the best available. I saw you product reviews and saw you offered a 2 week money back guarantee if we thought they weren't the best. I bought them. 2 days later they were here in Perth.
My wife looked at them in distain. They were not GHD's. I told her to give
them a go. All sorts of excuses came for the f
irst week. "They are new
plates..... My hair's really clean... " and other wifey claims. 2 weeks into
the new straighteners and she has admitted these are actually better than
GHD's. I was right. Does she want to send them back and I'll buy the GHD's?
NO. She wants to keep the Ozheads. Price was irelevant in my wife's
happiness but Ozheads were cheaper. Bonus!! Ozzy made. Bonus!! 3 yr
warranty. Bonus!!
A happy wife makes my life far less stressful.

+ kept the wife happy 'cos they're better than her broken GHD's(did last 5 years though!)

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 8 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2010

Great product! Excellent value! The variable heat settings are easy to sort out.
Will definately recommend this to anyone looking for salon quality products!

+ I just love how it made my hair softer & smoother! It was so easy to use! My husband actually noticed a difference!

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2010

I would recommend this straightener to anyone. I did some research before buying it and couldn't believe the price of the GHD that everyone said I should have. There is absolutely NO reason to pay the price of GHD when this one looks better and works great. It eliminates flyaway and gives you that "just left the salon" look. If you need a straighter try this one you won't be sorry ...

+ Excellent, heats up in seconds, has 4 temperature settings, decent length cord and it looks great (I have the black one).

• 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2010

+ Amazing !! i cannot praise 'Ozhead' enough i live in Pevensey Bay U.K and heard glowing reports of how good the 'Think Pink' straighteners were. My wife kept on and on and on !!...about buying GHD straighteners,but after looking on ebay (try this before you buy GHD) i couldnt believe how many were for sale as 'repair/spares'. If you search for thinkpink straighteners all you hear is praise and genuine 5 star ratings!.All this and it was only 5 days for delivery ..AMAZING now i have a very very happy wife.P.S 3yrs warranty!!!!.

- absolutely NONE.

• 6 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 29 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2010

I started reading on straighteners a couple of weeks ago when I decided to upgrade as i felt the one i use now may damage my hair too much and also too much pulling. Of course I read about GHd and also Diva, but luckily i found the think pink from oz head. I bought the black one which came with a free cute mini straightener. Postage was superfast. The product works fantastic and my hair is soft and very smooth after straightening. It has different heat settings which is great, doesnt pull your hair and is packaged really nice also. In my opini on just as good as GHD (i have tried GHD a few times thru friends). The great thing with this straightener from ozhead is you are also supporting an australian company plus it comes with a 3 year warrany which is great. Price is better than GHD... great, people you have to believe that there are other great straighteners out there appart from the beloved GHD... give it a try, they also offer 14 days money back guarantee... I am keeping mine...

+ well made, looks nice and nicely packaged

• 4 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2010

the overall product isn't too bad has a dectable cover cord could be a bit longer and the casing a bit thicker stronger but i really like the colour it would be ideal if the product company came out ewith a product that ewwas smaller and more compact and had the same colour or colurs purple and turquise or blue would be the cover could be in same colur and it could come with a free brush and or comb or other accesories with it

+ A BIT PRICY

- NOT AS PRICY AS SOME OFD THE OTHER ONES ON THE MARKET

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2010

A great product which I would recommend. Easy to use,36 month warranty, slides smoothly, packs neatly, heats quickly and looks good.

+ I got the normal size plus mini straightener. It arrived quickly after I placed the order online and I was surprised, when I used it, as to how quick and efficient it was. I have curly hair and had been using a cortec straightener, which I was happy with until I dropped it. The Think Pink is so much better. The hard cover that the iron fits into is very handing for packing it away. It also came with a soft cover to carry it in also. Enough said, I love it.

- There is nothing I dislike yet.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2010

An impressive straightener, from an Australian company - their communication was great as I wanted to know whether the payment had gone through (there was a glitch with the internet banking). Fast delivery, warranty and an excellent product.

+ I have used this on my dry, wavy hair and it has given great results. I have also tried out the mini version on my 4 year old daughter's hair, and she just loves the fact that it is so quiet compared to a hairdryer! The company posted it immediately, there is a long warranty and a choice of either pink or black. I chose the black version. I have never used a GHD but I don't need to, as this is great for my hair.

- There are no cons to speak of.

• 3 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2010

+ This is a fantastic hair straightener. I bought the OzHead Think Pink Mark II and it is the best of a long list of hair straighteners i've tried, including all the top-end expensive brands. My hair, which is thick and prone to fuzziness, stays straight all day long. It heats up super fast,has temperature control, flashing indicator light, looks sleek and fun, and comes with the best replacement warranty i've ever come across (3 years). It also came with a great hardcase for protecting it when you travel, a funky pink soft case for storage, and a free mini straightener - i love this product.

- I purchased my straightener about 3 months ago, and have no complaints.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 11 pages

Looking to buy a new hair straightener as my old GHD is on borrowed time. Very interested in the Ozhead and also the SAS. They seem to be quite similar in function, price and reviews and I really cant decide which to get. Any information would be appreciated? Thanks

Lee asked on Jun 25, 2017

Answer this

Hi Lee. Thanks very much for considering us :) Our straighteners heat up to 230 degrees with variable heat control, plus we also have vibrating plates that make the straightening process a lot easier. We also have a 3 year replacement warranty and a 14 day money-back guarantee for you to try them out. At the moment we're also doing free shipping Australia-wide and you can use the discount code MEGAOFFER too and get 20% discount to-boot :) I hope you will give us a go.

Hi Lee
I can't give you any feedback on the SAS sorry don't even know anyone who has one.

My Ozhead - I've had I a few weeks now and I can honestly say my old GHD that this replaceyd was NEVER anywhere near as good as my Ozhead. The Ozhead leaves my hair dead straight and it stays that way all day. I have a fringe that curls up as soon as I leave the bathroom. Not with my Ozhead.

If I use the hair serum with the straightner. My hair stays straight for up to 3 days. Well that's as long as I was prepared to test It. I have always had to wash my hair every single day up until I started with the Ozhead. It's awesome waking up to straight hair and not having to wash dry and style it every single day.

Everyone's hair is different of course. But my experience on my hair is fantastic and I'd highly recommend the straightner and the serum.

Hi a few days ago you had a deal for $189.95 whivh included a mini straightener, heat mat, serum etc. I cannot see that on the website anymore. Do you still have that or when is it coming back ?

Puneet asked on Mar 27, 2017

Hi, I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

Marlin asked on Mar 25, 2017

Answer this

Marlin, I also have thick wavy hair, did you end up getting a OZhead? If so how was it with your hair?

See all 20 questions about OzHead MKIII