Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 2 helpful votes

So Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2013

I purchased an ozhead back in March this year and I have never been happier. I am a student so replacing my GHD was not an option, however after reading some hairdresser reviews on the product and the money back guarantee, I thought I'd give it a shot. I am so happy I purchased an ozhead, not only is it a good price but it supports an Australian company!

+ Inexpensive, Reliable, Leaves your hair feel soft and silky

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ulladulla

Very impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2013

I'm very glad I ordered from ozhead. I am a student so purchasing something new like straighteners is something I really have to think about and research because I can't afford to waste money. I rely on reviews a lot and after seeing how highly rated the ozhead straighteners were I ordered the goody pack which includes the straightening iron, hair serum (yum), mini irons, heat mat, iron holder and a quite adorable bunny soft toy. The box arrived the morning after I ordered and I used it immediately. Features I love about the iron:
*long cord.
Finally!!! A straightener with a nice long cord. It also swivels at the base of the iron so the cord doesn't tangle and curl up as you style.
*heats up quickly
*handle and outside of iron doesn't get hot. I've burned myself in the past from irons that do.
*fully adjustable heat settings
*on/off switch for vibrating plates which is a pretty cool feature.
*no chemical smell the first time you use it.
*sleek design, looks and feels like a quality product.

I also love the mini straighteners. I have never purchased minis before but glad they came in the goody pack because they work well on the fluffy edges of my hair line.
Hair serum is yummy and left a shiny finish without being oily.
Accessories like heat mat which doubles as an iron bag is really practical as is the iron holder which suctions to the bathroom counter top or wall.
The price is a major pro also. $169.95 for a pack like that is impressive. They could charge double and it would be worth it so kudos to the company for making it affordable.
Overall I am really impressed. I don't usually write reviews, even though I depend on them so much for my own purchases but in this case I was so impressed with the product, the customer service and the overnight delivery I felt a review was totally in order.

+ 3 year warranty, customer service is impressive, overnight delivery, quality product, long cord, quality and useful accessories in the goody pack.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 question
Private message

Good straightener but style doesn't last

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2013

+ Glides through effortlessly, makes hair feel soft

- Style doesn't last , frizzy within minutes, might be better for someone with thin hair

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Shiv. Thanks very much for the review. There's a couple of things that are worth trying. You should get really 'great' results with a long lasting hold - we've always had a great outcome with ... read more »

Perth, Western Australia

• 6 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Massively overpriced rubbish.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2013

- Overpriced, poor quality plates and plastic housing.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Dear Welsh Nick, I've never disputed a negative review before, as we actively encourage people to leave reviews for our products and even encourage it in the letters that we send to our customer... read more »

No, you can be fairer by placing your product at a more realistic price point (IE $50). Your customer service might be fabulous, but I am certain there are some dodgy reviews on here. I believe yo... read more »

OzHead ThinkPink Official

OK, well please send me your order number and I'll look into it in more detail. I cannot trace ANY return iron the last 3 months that remotely has the issues that you described in your post. You c... read more »

Sydney

Mixed feelings

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2013

Been using the OzHead for about 6 months now. Initially it was really amazing and now the vibration function only works occasionally. It does still heat up quickly and I think it's good value for money.

As many others have said, customer service was amazing. If only the quality of the product is also as good I'd happily pay more to get another one.

+ Value for money, Customer service, Performance is OK.

- Don't expect top of the line quality

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hiya, The vibrating function is also covered by the 3 year warranty. Please get in touch and we'd be more than happy to fix you up with a replacement asap :)

OzHead ThinkPink Official

(P.S. If your iron goes wrong in the first 12 months, we will also refund your return postage to get it back to us. Repleacements are typically sent out the same day we receive them. I hope that we can fix you up :)

Canberra

• 1 answer
Private message

Phenomenal straightener, awesome price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2013

This straightener is AWESOME! It's super effective and leaves your hair soft and shiny! I've also got the mini straightener which is super lightweight and it heats up really quickly and works really well. I owned a GHD before and now that I own an OzHead straightener I am never going back!!!

+ Best straightener I've ever owned!!! Inexpensive, heats quickly and leaves hair silky and smooth

- The tongs can get a little hot when the straightener has been left on for a while, but it's not a problem.

I love my OZ Head straighteners

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2013

I purchased my straighteners a couple of years ago and am couldn't be happier with them. Even the mini heats up quickly! The mini is so light and compact but it really works! I wouldn't attempt to straighten my whole head of hair with the mini but I'm sure it would be possible. It is perfect for taming unruly curls when I'm away.

I think the straighteners look very stylish and work better than any other brand I have tried.

OzHead straighteners :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2013

I LOVE the OzHead straighteners! I always used to swear by GHD's as my go-to hair appliance, but i was given the OzHead straighteners as a gift and i absolutely love them! They're easy to use and the vibrating plates really help when trying to do other styles such as curling, volume, up-dos etc.

sydney

SHOCKING

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2013

i bought a hair straightener from ozhead website and i hate it. It dosent heat up quick, dosent straighten properly. its cheaply made and you can find something better in a $2 store!!!! going to be requesting a refund from ozhead today as its hopeless. People dont bother wasting your money on such a terrible product, im starting to think how they have good reviews on here!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

thank you for posting this, I'll take your word for it.

OzHead ThinkPink Official

This lady actually purchased a mini hair iron for $19.95 Incl postage. The mini irons are really meant for topping up hair that has already been straightened and are not meant as a replacement for ... read more »

So happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2013

+ Excellent service, great product

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Love Ozhead

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2013

I love OZHEAD straighteners, have been using them for the last 2-3 years and think they are great. The company itself is always so easy to deal. The customer service is excellent and any issues are handled and dealt with immediately and efficiently. Have just bought the new RED straightener and cant wait to use it. Thanks OZHEAD. No complaints here. :)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Not sold!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2013

I bought this and a Halo ceramic at the same time, used each on either half of my head. The Halo left my hair slightly silkier but only just so I thought I'll wait and see how long each last. I have a lot of hair longish and very curly. I straighten once a week as my hair is quite dry and my ghd just stopped working after 8 years. I tried this both in vibrating mode and not. Didn't really see any difference. A couple hours later I looked in a mirror and the Ozhead side had gone all poofy and back to wavy. Had to straighten it all over again. V ery disappointed! I had been inside my house and it wasn't humid weather or anything. After reading all these reviews I'm shocked and disappointed that this didn't work for me considering the price was great, I love that it's made in oz and the company seems to be very customer focused. I will be returning this as its within the 14 day money back period, shame it'll cost me another $20 or so in shipping though :(

+ Great sleek looking machine, good design with quite a few functions.

- Did not work for my hair.

Average

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2013

I've used many straighteners & this was as another reviewer stated, clunky & the plates didnt float right. I've had mine just over 2 years & a plate finally disconnected. I'm back to plain old Remmington, $50 & works as well. It has a 3 year service warranty which I'llI try (only broke this week) but if it costs money I'll have to consider if its worth it 9postage). will let you know about the service side.

+ Heated quick, long warranty, very pretty box

- Cord too long, not a great plate fixture, no auto cut off, expensive

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Dear Chrish, No problems at all you have a 3 year warranty so we would be happy to replace it. I think we wrote to you on the 14th, but if for some reason you didn't get the email, please can you... read more »

The best.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2013

I love my new Ozhead straightener. It is a lot quicker to straighten my hair with the Ozhead because it heats up so quick and the vibrating plates allow it to just glide through my hair. It's great to buy online one day and get it the next day too.

+ Quick heat up, variable temperature, vibrating plates.

- None

St Kilda

Private message

A blip in an otherwise amazing product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2013

+ Great service, temperature control, quick heating, the colour!

- The screw came undone on the first use.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Dear Chee, If it ever becomes annoying or a problem please give us a call and we will get that resolved for you. I can imagine the loose screw would be annoying actually :) My number is 02 4334 4991. Kind regards, Dalma.

Thanks Dalma! I'll certainly give you a buzz if/when the screw comes off again. :)

Amazing!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2013

Just received my new Ozhead hair straightener and let me first start by saying "wow"! Amazing! I have religiously used my GHD for a good decade and I can honestly say the OzHead is better. Alot better. The curls are more defined and it doesn't leave your hair looking straw-ish! I'm seriously impressed and kick myself for destroying my hair with my old GHD! Definitely vaule for money- I would have no hesitations in recommending it to anyone!

+ Everything- although the vibrating part is weird- but a good weird!!!

- Nothing yet!

Awesome hair straightener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2013

I bought my ozhead a few weeks ago, used it on my hair and love it. I have used a GHD a few times before and I think the ozhead is on the same par as GHD. It keeps my hair nice and straight. 3 days later and my hair is still straight. I also love that it is a Australian company. If you are looking for a great straightener go for ozhead! Just look at all the reviews on here.

+ Cheaper than GHD, works amazing, australian owned, 3 year warranty

- Nothing so far

Newcastle

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2013

I was considering buying a GHD hair straightener. However, as I very rarely get the opportunity to actually do my hair, GHD's were pretty pricey. I came across OzHead, after reading reviews on this sight. The fact that they are an Australian owned and operated company is what initially appealed to me....plus all the positive reviews! I originally purchased the 'Think Pink' straightener, which came with a 3 yr warranty. There was an issue with these, and I ended up sending them back for a replacement some time later. The customer service was abs olutely fantastic, and a replacement was sent out, super fast, with no issues. (OzHead actually upgraded these, as the old model was no longer available). I have used these straighteners several times already, and I love them! So quick and easy, and glide through your hair super smooth. The vibrating plates are a bit odd to get used to at first, but it works. I have now purchased the travel roll case to store these in as well. Unfortunately, I can't offer any constructive comparisons to a GHD, as I have never owned one (I've only ever borrowed friends, and once received a 'fake'one as a gift). However, I now have no need to. I would definitely recommend these products to a friend, and this is actually the first time I have been motivated enough by a product to attempt to write a review on this sight! Keep up the good work!

+ Excellent product, I can't fault it. 3 year warranty. Excellent customer service. Fast delivery. Australian company.

5 of 11 pages

Looking to buy a new hair straightener as my old GHD is on borrowed time. Very interested in the Ozhead and also the SAS. They seem to be quite similar in function, price and reviews and I really cant decide which to get. Any information would be appreciated? Thanks

Lee asked on Jun 25, 2017

Answer this

Hi Lee. Thanks very much for considering us :) Our straighteners heat up to 230 degrees with variable heat control, plus we also have vibrating plates that make the straightening process a lot easier. We also have a 3 year replacement warranty and a 14 day money-back guarantee for you to try them out. At the moment we're also doing free shipping Australia-wide and you can use the discount code MEGAOFFER too and get 20% discount to-boot :) I hope you will give us a go.

Hi Lee
I can't give you any feedback on the SAS sorry don't even know anyone who has one.

My Ozhead - I've had I a few weeks now and I can honestly say my old GHD that this replaceyd was NEVER anywhere near as good as my Ozhead. The Ozhead leaves my hair dead straight and it stays that way all day. I have a fringe that curls up as soon as I leave the bathroom. Not with my Ozhead.

If I use the hair serum with the straightner. My hair stays straight for up to 3 days. Well that's as long as I was prepared to test It. I have always had to wash my hair every single day up until I started with the Ozhead. It's awesome waking up to straight hair and not having to wash dry and style it every single day.

Everyone's hair is different of course. But my experience on my hair is fantastic and I'd highly recommend the straightner and the serum.

Hi a few days ago you had a deal for $189.95 whivh included a mini straightener, heat mat, serum etc. I cannot see that on the website anymore. Do you still have that or when is it coming back ?

Puneet asked on Mar 27, 2017

Hi, I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

Marlin asked on Mar 25, 2017

Answer this

Marlin, I also have thick wavy hair, did you end up getting a OZhead? If so how was it with your hair?

See all 20 questions about OzHead MKIII