This product has been discontinued by Ozito.

Review rating:

Canberra

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

What he said

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Phil nailed the review ..."This is a good little machine, It's not industrial strength, neither does it have all the goodies that come with machines costing many times more. It is good value and it will get the job done. <Snip>the dust bag just as ineffectual."
As someone else mentioned - the mitre setting (at say 45 degrees) is not accurate.
I used it for a one off deck job and it was very cost effective. If you want a long term hard worker spend a lot more.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great little tool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I had a bunch of cutting to do so I decided to bit the bullet and purchase the compound saw. I found it easy to use and quite functional. I purchased the Ozito stand as well for 70 dollars which also made the job easier. Three days of heavy use and no problems thus far. I have previously borrowed my Dad's makita set up for similar jobs. I didn't notice much difference. Accurate cuts and plenty of power for the job I was doing

Melbourne

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Ripper by "Buck the Backyard King"

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2015

this saw is OK, I am a serious tradie. Tungsten carbide tip blade is mainly for cutting aluminium section, plate sheet as well as timber. The thickest alloy plate I cut was 32mm and gently she goes through it. DIY tools today are pretty good. - Buck the Back Yard King

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mandurah

• 1 review
  • 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Good little machine.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2015

I've used many similar saws of this type, it is as loud as any other, and the dust bag just as ineffectual. So don't think you will get better if purchase one three times the price.

Three points - worth a read.
The locking device for the horizontal movement of the saw is not secured by rotating the handle on the front of the saw as advised in the instruction manual. It is secured by a knob just to the rear of the right hand fence.
This is not shown or mentioned in the manual. You can just see the knob on the images, it's there and it works. This is unusual, and I've never seen this before, but is is effective .

The motor has enough torque to lift the front of the saw off the bench if it is not secured. Very scary for newbies, bolt it down.

The mounting holes on the base line up exactly with my cheap Workmate type bench. So, no excuse for not securing it firmly.

I'm pleased with mine

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I've just read my own review, M/C is still good and working well a month later. No complaints.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Pretty good for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2015

This is the first such tool I have owned, overall it works very well.
The preset detent angles are non too precise and a set square and triangle are necessary to set the angles properly.
The slide operation works well.
The depth stop is somewhat dependent on the pressure applied, something flexes a bit and a millimetre or so variation results if hand pressure is not consistent.
A dust catcher (big garbage bag) behind the saw is an essential addition to prevent liberally covering your workshop in sawdust.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Best sliding mitre saw i ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

Very good saw to use for d.i.y.projects but I find it very hard to get it to slid I have to realy push hard to get it to slid

Gatton, Queensland, Qld

• 11 comments
  • 22 answers
  • 55 helpful votes

Excellent power tool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2014

For my birthday I was pleased to be able to get this tool with a bonus stand. It has proved invaluable in the workshop cutting all sorts of wood. The saw came with two bonus blades as well. It makes wood cutting so much easier. However, please note that the tool is for DIY use only and not suitable for full on tradesman usage. The tool and stand are easily transported to a work site if needed and is covered by a 2 - 3 year warranty.

+ Solid, good quality. Slide function. Safety guide, portable bench or floor, good warranty.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 8 comments
  • 20 answers
  • 26 helpful votes

Great Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2013

Cheapest compund sliding mitre saw I could find.

The bevel adjustment took me on a trip back to Bunnings to get a staff member to show me how to do it (the instruction manual is a bit unclear on this).

The saw dust seems to go everywhere but the sawdust collector

The extension rails don't seem to be level with the base.

Other than these very minor issues, this lightweight unit has been great.

+ Price

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Phillip Island, Vic

• 2 comments
  • 22 helpful votes

Great bang for buck!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2012

To be honest I wasn't expecting much quality from this cheap saw, but it cuts great, the angles are spot on, and its nice and quiet to run! About the only fault I can find is the work clamp positions are a bit close to the centre making it a bit fiddly to use when doing mitres (most of the time I don't use it anyway)

+ Inexpensive, accurate

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

What is the brand of blade to cut steel and is it available in Adelaide? and the cost please

Yunker asked on Oct 08, 2017

Answer this

I’m afraid I can’t answer that with knowledge. In the past though I have cut steel with a cutting blade on an angle grinder. Blades are cheap and available on grinder. I have not seen such a blade on a bench saw. But I am just a diy-er. Bunnings may be able to help.

Can you change blades to cut light steel?

Richo asked on Feb 14, 2017

Answer this

Yes but I found the blades to very expensive.

Hi David L how expensive mate and where did you get the blade

I have just bought this saw and have noticed the blade sounds like it is grinding or rubbing on something as it slows down, its make quite a nasty noise but still cuts well. Has anyone else had this issue?

ladylumps asked on Aug 11, 2016

Answer this

It's a noisy machine as it is like all its like. Get used to it. Wear ear protection. Use it till it burns out, then replace it with a better one.

The machine has a blade braking system that stop the blade spinning on after you have completed a cut. The noise is just the braking action at work.

See all 4 questions about Ozito OZSCMS1600WA