This product has been discontinued by Ozito.

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

its not to bad but...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

10 inch sliding compound saw ...Overall its ok but the dust extraction is next to useless even with the vac attached wood dust goes everywhere.
The chrome parts are of poor quality and corrosion soon sets in if not waxed frequently, oil only attracts more crud,
I found the cutting angles to be quite good, once set up correctly as with the laser beam ,set it up properly. 45Deg & 90Deg cuts are quite acceptable...I use the saw with the Ozitto stand as well and find it to be satisfactory.

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Worst mitre saw Ive used.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

You simpoy cannot rely on setting this machine to cut the angle required.90 degrees was out by at least 1.5..45 degree same.. did not have enough adjustment in it to set the bed right..frustrating and going to take it back to bunning as just wasting product..get a better result with a mitre box or just an angle and hand saw..terrible...

Canberra

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

What he said

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Phil nailed the review ..."This is a good little machine, It's not industrial strength, neither does it have all the goodies that come with machines costing many times more. It is good value and it will get the job done. <Snip>the dust bag just as ineffectual."
As someone else mentioned - the mitre setting (at say 45 degrees) is not accurate.
I used it for a one off deck job and it was very cost effective. If you want a long term hard worker spend a lot more.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great little tool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I had a bunch of cutting to do so I decided to bit the bullet and purchase the compound saw. I found it easy to use and quite functional. I purchased the Ozito stand as well for 70 dollars which also made the job easier. Three days of heavy use and no problems thus far. I have previously borrowed my Dad's makita set up for similar jobs. I didn't notice much difference. Accurate cuts and plenty of power for the job I was doing

Melbourne

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Ripper by "Buck the Backyard King"

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2015

this saw is OK, I am a serious tradie. Tungsten carbide tip blade is mainly for cutting aluminium section, plate sheet as well as timber. The thickest alloy plate I cut was 32mm and gently she goes through it. DIY tools today are pretty good. - Buck the Back Yard King

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mandurah

• 1 review
  • 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Good little machine.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2015

I've used many similar saws of this type, it is as loud as any other, and the dust bag just as ineffectual. So don't think you will get better if purchase one three times the price.

Three points - worth a read.
The locking device for the horizontal movement of the saw is not secured by rotating the handle on the front of the saw as advised in the instruction manual. It is secured by a knob just to the rear of the right hand fence.
This is not shown or mentioned in the manual. You can just see the knob on the images, it's there and it works. This is unusual, and I've never seen this before, but is is effective .

The motor has enough torque to lift the front of the saw off the bench if it is not secured. Very scary for newbies, bolt it down.

The mounting holes on the base line up exactly with my cheap Workmate type bench. So, no excuse for not securing it firmly.

I'm pleased with mine

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I've just read my own review, M/C is still good and working well a month later. No complaints.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Pretty good for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2015

This is the first such tool I have owned, overall it works very well.
The preset detent angles are non too precise and a set square and triangle are necessary to set the angles properly.
The slide operation works well.
The depth stop is somewhat dependent on the pressure applied, something flexes a bit and a millimetre or so variation results if hand pressure is not consistent.
A dust catcher (big garbage bag) behind the saw is an essential addition to prevent liberally covering your workshop in sawdust.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Best sliding mitre saw i ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

Very good saw to use for d.i.y.projects but I find it very hard to get it to slid I have to realy push hard to get it to slid

Gatton, Queensland, Qld

• 12 comments
  • 24 answers
  • 60 helpful votes

Excellent power tool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2014

For my birthday I was pleased to be able to get this tool with a bonus stand. It has proved invaluable in the workshop cutting all sorts of wood. The saw came with two bonus blades as well. It makes wood cutting so much easier. However, please note that the tool is for DIY use only and not suitable for full on tradesman usage. The tool and stand are easily transported to a work site if needed and is covered by a 2 - 3 year warranty.

+ Solid, good quality. Slide function. Safety guide, portable bench or floor, good warranty.

Melbourne

• 8 comments
  • 20 answers
  • 28 helpful votes

Great Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2013

Cheapest compund sliding mitre saw I could find.

The bevel adjustment took me on a trip back to Bunnings to get a staff member to show me how to do it (the instruction manual is a bit unclear on this).

The saw dust seems to go everywhere but the sawdust collector

The extension rails don't seem to be level with the base.

Other than these very minor issues, this lightweight unit has been great.

+ Price

Phillip Island, Vic

• 2 comments
  • 23 helpful votes

Great bang for buck!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2012

To be honest I wasn't expecting much quality from this cheap saw, but it cuts great, the angles are spot on, and its nice and quiet to run! About the only fault I can find is the work clamp positions are a bit close to the centre making it a bit fiddly to use when doing mitres (most of the time I don't use it anyway)

+ Inexpensive, accurate