During the period between October 7th, 2017 and November 30th, 2017, OzSale offered one random OzSale reviewer the chance of winning a $500 OzSale voucher. This was to encourage their customers to write about their experiences with OzSale, be it positive, neutral or negative. It is possible that a review below was written by a customer that received this reward.

Adelaide, South Australia

• 1 question
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Words..Deceptive and fraudulent come to mind

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Some of my small orders came through quickly but a larger purchase did not arrive, and when I contacted the company MULTIPLE TIMES I’ve got absolutely no responses. I haven’t got a refund either. Unfortunately I used OurPay instead of my credit card so can't even lodge a dispute, I'm out 100's of dollars will definitely be reporting this to Consumers’ Affairs. Beware if something goes wrong it feels as if you are dealing with a brick wall

Order didn’t arrive and no contact from the shop

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

It’s so horrible!! Two of my orders did not arrive, and when I contacted the company MULTIPLE TIMES I’ve got absolutely no responses. I haven’t got a refund either. I will have to open up a dispute to my credit card company and will definitely be reporting this to Consumers’ Affairs. I will never shop here ever again. Stay away at any costs!

spent $700 last month on products for Xmas presents

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Came across Ozsale recently and was blown away by the price reductions on products. I ordered gifts for all my family.amounting to $700 plus. No delivery problems but all products were inferior and mostly not as advertised eg: I bought 9 Saint Noir T Shirts. They were advertised as 100% cotton. Before ordering I checked the Noir T Shirt's web site and saw that the RRP price was the same as stated on the Ozsale website and that they were made from 100% cotton. It looked like a geniune offer. The T Shirts I received are not made from cotton at all but a thin cheap synthetic as was a blouse I bought. These shirts nor any of the other products were not sent directly from the ???makers but from Ozsale themselves ??how can that be?? I will never buy from Ozsale ever again.

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Ann, thank you for your review and I understand your disappointment with the purchase. I would love to investigate further on this matter for you. Could you please provide us with the order numb... read more »

Canberra

Private message

Didn’t received the correct order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I bought six rolls of synthetic grass, all in pure green colour. I received three rolls as ordered and the other three in a totally different colour. I sent a request through for an exchange and it took a week and half with calls made to Ozsale support team twice a day to get the seller to pick up the incorrect orders from my house, only to send me the same incorrect orders all over again a day later. I had to cancel two weekends of pre-planned work to lay down the grass and have now requested a refund for the three items as I can no longer go through this ridiculous roller coaster. Unfortunately the sale/customer service teams have very poor communication mechanism with support teams and supplier to an extent that information is not shared efficiently and in full details. Don’t purchase from Ozsale, unless you are absolutely certain about what you would be receiving.

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Ami, thank you for your messaging us. I am sorry that the item you received is incorrect. Let me investigate this further for you and in order for me to do this , I will need the order number. Looking forward for your reply.

Maybe if you start by answering your phone calls you would be a much better help,considering I have been ringing many times since yesterday and have been placed on hold for over 20mins each time an... read more »

Private message

No response from customer service, scam???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I ordered some products (Christmas presents) over 2 weeks ago but still no sign of it. I logged in my account and it only shows order dates without tracking information, that means it hasn't been processed. I have emailed them several times but there is no response. Very disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Helen, thank you for your review and I apologise that the item did not reach you yet. Please provide us with the order number and I will confirm the whereabouts of the parcel for you.

Great products at very good prices

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I bought Sheridyn bikinis and luxe tights from Ozsale and they are the best bikinis and tights I've bought at the cheapest prices. I expected the quality to be not that good due to the price but was very surprised. The designs are exactly as they look in the pictures and the quality is very good and sizes are very true to size. Shipping is a bit slow but always is if its not local, so that was expected.

Beckenham

can't get in touch

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

hi there,I've been a long time frequent customer with OzSale and had good experiences with them.
The last order I've made was on the 30th of October and it was estimated to be delivered on the 30th of November.
I've sent 2 emails to ozsale and no reply from them.
I would like to know where are my ordered items and when am I going to get them delivered as they are Christmas gifts for work coleagues which I wanted to give the away before Christmas.

• 8 helpful votes

Good range of brands

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I've used ozsale many times, from clothing to skin care products. The only problem or inconvenient is not all products arrive at the same Time, most of the time you need to wait up to a month from the supplier for your products, because they are overseas, even if you paid just one shipping.

• 3 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Hit and Miss

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I've used OzSale quite a few times over the past two years. Initially I thought I was onto a good thing, but recent experiences have left me with a more negative impression.

OzSale is not an online store per se - they simply coordinate sales from retailers around the world. They don't control the prices and they don't hold stock. That means some sales are better than others. Their customer service centre is in Malaysia, and you can only contact them through their website. When you get a reply, it doesn't go to your inbox - you get an email telling you to log into your account on the website and go to "Contacts" to find your reply. The upside is cheap shipping and, sometimes, low prices.

PROS:

*Sometimes the sales are excellent, and you get what you ordered. For example, I got about $60 worth of MOR bath and body products for $9, and they were great. The chance of getting a good deal is why I persist with OzSale, but there is an element of chance involved.

*The "OurPay" system is very good. It allows you to pay for an order in installments, but you also have the option of paying a small sum up front to cover a series of shipments. For example, I paid $14 for delivery of one order, which entitled me to free delivery of my next 3 orders. It's not really "free," but it is a good deal.

*Customer service, in my experience, is satisfactory - but only just. They are sometimes slow to respond, but when I've needed a refund, they don't quibble and they're quick to process them. The downside is that sometimes they don't read the query properly, so on a couple of occasions I've only been refunded for one order when I actually had a problem with two.

CONS:

*You need to watch the sale prices, as well as the "reduced from" prices, because they are sometimes downright false. OzSale had a sale on Laura Ashley watches in which one watch, as an example, was $49 reduced from $488. As far as I can find out, Laura Ashley watches have never been sold at such high prices anywhere in the world. Other major retailers are currently selling that same watch at US$49.99 RRP, and AU$54.51. I've encountered this problem with other items as well - in particular jewellery, which is often supposedly marked down from ludicrously high prices. They also have things that are barely reduced at all, like a GHD straightener for $265, reduced from $275. That's less than 4% off. So you need to watch it, and do your research.

*Items are not always packaged well. I've received a bottle of hand soap with was posted in a loose satchel without protective padding, and it burst open in the bag. A second bottle of hand soap arrived with a broken pump. I was refunded for both of these. (Edit: A boxed fragrance diffuser just arrived in a satchel, crushed, so poor packaging is obviously an issue with OzSale).

*Shipping is SLOW. Be careful buying birthday and Christmas gifts, because there's a high chance you won't get them in time, even if you allow a month or more. The website gives you estimated "Stock Due," "Order Packed" and "Dispatch" dates, but in my experience these are rarely accurate, and the dates are changed a lot. You'll get your stuff if and when the retailer chooses to send it. I ordered some chocolate products from Maxim's de Paris 5 weeks ago which still haven't arrived.

*Items often don't arrive at all. I'd say in the past year I've received less than half of what I ordered. In one recent order, I bought 2 bath and body items by Woods of Windsor, followed a few days later by a separate order for 5 more things from Woods of Windsor and a pair of Joe's Jeans for $59 (which I was really looking forward to). A month later, none of my items had arrived, and the jeans hadn't even been dispatched. The tracking info from the Woods of Windsor orders suggested that BOTH of them had arrived in Australia damaged. Nobody informed me of this, so I had to contact OzSale to ask them what was happening. They issued a refund, but only for one of the damaged orders. I've contacted them to ask about the refund for the other order, but 5 days on, they haven't responded. I contacted them separately about the jeans - they assured me they were being shipped that very day. A couple of hours later I received an email to say the jeans were out of stock. So I waited a month for over $100 worth of goods which never came, and I'm still waiting on part of the refund I'm owed. I feel like I just lent a company money for a month, and they paid it back without interest.

*They have no control over what the items are or how they arrive. I received some boxed Schleich mini dinosaurs, but they were packaged upside down in the Schleich box, and there was a Sharpie mark through the Schleich logo. They were intended as a gift. They offered a refund, and I was allowed to keep the item, so I just repaired it as best I could and gave it anyway. They don't even seem to be able to correct listing errors. They once listed a dog shampoo as a "Juicy Couture" product, and used that brand name in the title of the sale (eg. "Juicy Couture Sale!"). The brand name was actually "Juicy Crittoire," and has nothing to do with the Juicy Couture brand. I contacted them about the error, but they couldn't even understand what I was trying to tell them.

I'll probably keep shopping with OzSale, because when things go right, you can get some good deals. But things go right less than half the time. OzSale is a gamble.

One last thing: keep a reord, preferably a screencap, of every item you purchase and order you place. This way you know when they change the "estimated dispatch" date on you. They don't keep info about past orders on the website for long, and they don't include product info in their emails to you.

P.S. The chocolates from Maxim's de Paris arrived while I was writing this, and they survived the long journey well and taste great. They cost $8.80, plus free delivery with OurPay. To buy from overseas would have cost me $19.30 for the chocolates, plus at least the same again in shipping, so this was an example of a successful - albeit slow - purchase.

P.P.S. To replace the Woods of Windsor order which never arrived, intended as a Christmas gift, I bought a boxed Ecoya Reed Diffuser. It was posted in a satchel, and the box arrived today, crushed and dented. OzSale would not replace the order, offering a refund only if I returned the item. Two weeks before Christmas, I simply don't have time to post it back and find a THIRD Christmas gift to replace the first two, so I'm keeping it. But I have removed a star from my review of OzSale, because they don't seem to care that constantly placing orders that don't arrive in new condition is time consuming and demoralising, even if you do eventually get a refund. I've wasted a total of 7 weeks waiting for an item to give as a gift. Not cool, OzSale.

CANNING VALE

Verified Customer

Terrible online business and seller.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

terrible seller. Did not receive their item after 20 days even they said it will be shipped from Australia. And did not responded to my contact request.
Will never buy from them again

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Shadman, thank you for messaging us about the order you have not received and I am really sorry about this. Please provide us with the order number and I locate the order for you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Adelaide

versace shoes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

The size of versace men shoes is bigger than the normal one. If you wear 41, you must choose 40 or maybe 39.

I ordered 3 pairs. However, I have to return all of them. The design and finish are good. But the size is so different.

wast my $18.50 for delivery and return.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

My first negative review - and rightly deserving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I've never had a bad word about any product or service before but Ozsale has forced me to break that habit. Several months ago, I ordered a Palermo Queen mattress which they said would be shipped to me within two weeks. Four weeks gone and nothing. Meanwhile, I was sleeping on a broken futon and risked waking up every morning with a sprain. Not being the confrontational type, and having worked in customer service before, I wrote to them in the most cordial manner possible, asking them where my order was. A few days later, they get back to me saying they had lost the product. Apparently, their logs said that it was shipped by the supplier but since then they could not track the product. Again, being sympathetic to the fact that this could happen to anybody, I wrote back saying that it was fine and I was willing to wait a few more days for them to sort things out. Clearly, a mistake: when they didn't get back to me for several days after that, I wrote to them - again, very politely - that I couldn't wait for the mattress any longer and for them to please cancel my order and refund me the money. It was as if a magic wand was waved and they disappeared after that! Whenever I could elicit a response from them, they said they were processing the refund and to give them three days. The three days became six days and nine days and I have still not gotten my refund.
And for anyone thinking of sending a review to them directly hoping that the idea of a bad public review will grab their attention - don't waste your time. I did just that before I published this and it was the exact same response. A bleeding-heart reply followed by promises that it will be resolved ASAP and then absolutely nothing.
To keep bluffing about a refund and not give it for a product that I didn't even receive is the last thing I'd expect from any retail store.
Very distasteful.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Constance, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that you are yet to receive the mattresses and I understand the pain you are going through. I would love to check furth... read more »

Sydney

• 13 helpful votes

What happened to Ozsale?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Buying from Ozsale used to be swift and efficient. Sadly this is no longer the case. I bought a bag which was not being delivered on time so I decided to check the order status only to discover that my payment was supposedly "refunded". There was no notice, explanation or apology from Ozsale and most importantly, this supposed refund has not been credited into my Paypal account.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Scam artist thieves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

This company takes your credit card details and steals from your bank account months later. I owed them nothing and they stole three three payments of $79 from my bank account. Disgusting they should be shut down

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear to hear the issue. Could you please provide us with the order number and I will double check on the deductions for you. Looking forward for your response.SS

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Are hard to get in contact with as there is no phone number and no replies to email

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

OzSale have usually been on the ball with delivering my items. My complaint is it is impossible to get hold of some one to discuss an issue with one of my orders. I ordered a Go Skitz scooter through them and it was stated that a free helmet came (in capital letters) with the purchase valued at $49.99. I noticed there was a sale also on the actual Go Skitz website but chose to go with the OzSale purchase as it stated I would get the free helmet. The scooter arrived with out the helmet and I contacted OzSale (only way to do this is via an enquiry/question chat) They replied quickly at first stating they had looked at the order and it stated it did not come with a helmet. I had luckily taken a screenshot of the sale that clearly shows that it included the helmet, I managed to get an email address from them from where I sent the screenshot and have not heard from them since the 23rd November. I also noticed they had, at the time of my query of the helmet, they had a sale still going selling the Go Skitz scooters that still stated a helmet would be provided. But after they had contacted me stating my order did not include the helmet I noted they had taken that wording out of the sale description.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Smudge, thank you for sharing your feedback with us.I am sorry to hear that you received the item incomplete. In order for me to check further on this issue for you, could you please provide us with the order number. Hope to hear from you soon.-SS

• 2 helpful votes

Incorrect Product being Shipped - No-one will respond from Customer Support

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I have not received the product yet, I noticed the product that was going to be shipped was incorrect size, I used their Contact screen to advise not to ship as the Quilt is showing the wrong size. No response, 3 days later I get an email advising the order has been dispatched. A further message left for them, still no response. 5 working days later I have sent another message advising I will not accept delivery as now I will be charged to send back the goods (frustrating as they should have amended the order before dispatching).

Very quick to take your take your funds, very slow to ship out and then no customer service. This is my 4 experience dealing with this company and my last. To wait 3-4 weeks from date of order to receive goods is bad enough, to not get service when something is not right is frustrating for the customer.

December 5th 2018 Update: How Long to Get A Refund - Why does No-one Answer?

I wrote a review last week advising the Swarovski Earings purchased came in a plain black box with no logo, whereas the advertised item had a logo embedded on the box, leaving me questioning the authenticity of the product. I contacted Oz-sale and got a reply within 2 days (acceptable), advising to return the goods once I receive the "Return Label". 3 days later and still no "Return Label". No response from Customer Service either. Maybe they are hoping I will just go away. Very unprofessional to say the least.

I purchased three items in the past month, two of these I am trying to send back. The 3rd I unpackaged this morning, a QS Quilt, quality does not appear as advertised (have seen this comment from another reviewer) but then it is hard to tell online. I can cope with that but then when it was on the bed, I noticed a dye stain in the middle of the Quilt, no doubt a fault, leaving me to question if this is a second's product? I not going to waste my time trying to send it back as I am still waiting on a response for the Earrings purchased. Will just put it down to bad on-line experience with this organisation.

Never again will I purchase through this organisation, two of the 3 purchases were definitely not as shown in their advertising, will not buy from them again.

December 8th 2018 Update: Happy with Recent Purchase

Just received my Sanctuary printed reversible coverlet set in the size I thought I'd ordered, and not what was displayed on my invoice and OzSale orders list. Thank goodness it was the correct size as I am very pleased with this purchase, from the quality of the coverlet, colour (as shown on-line) and an absolute great buy at $40.00. It did take a little longer to deliver, but in this case it was worth the wait.

My last two purchases resulted in leaving negative feedback, thought it appropriate to pay credit where due when the buying experience this time round was pleasurable.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Sal, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear the experience you had with us and the issue. If possible,could you please provide us with the order number and I will check ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Not as advertised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Received a doona cover and pillow cases were not the same as advertised. Be aware if you are planning to purchase Deborah-beige (ranforce) super king quilt cover.l was asked to send back, but really want what l was suppose to get , l would except a partial refund for being deceived, but that's not going to happen !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Lorry, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that the item you received were not as per advertised. I would love to check on the issue for you, could you please provide us with... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

They have stopped answering to the emails/contacts Us messages we send

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

My Issue--
I received my order 1 day back and a couple of issues with that--
1. the packaging was tampered. The packet was opened when I received it. Note -- I picked it from the post office.
2. I feel somebody might have messed with the product as I just used the product once and I got all pimples on my face just in 2 hours of application

I have written to then twice on 22 Nov and then again on 26 Nov. But no response till now. WEIRD!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Suhail, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that the package was damaged upon delivery. We would love to investigate further for you, could you please provide us with the order number. Looking forward for your reply.-SS

Great customer service!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

My Return/refund was processed quickly..Great customer service..Plenty of follow up emails. Will keep buying from this site. Thanks very much for your help.

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Onie, thank you for taking your time and sharing your feedback with us. It is fantastic to hear that you are happy with our service and your problem was dealt efficiently. Have a great week!-SS

• 2 helpful votes

Very very slow shipping

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Placed an order on 4 November. Finally received a message on 20 November that the order had been processed through the Los Angeles airport export hub. Great I think - 15 hours flying time to Melbourne so I'll soon receive it. It's now 29 November. No sign via tracking of the order being processed by Customs so what happened to it?? I sent a request via the website but nobody bothers to answer. Pathetic service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzSale Official

Hi Rod, thank you for messaging us. I am very sorry to hear that you are yet to receive the order. I would love to check further on the order status for you, could you furnish us with the order number. Looking forward hearing from you soon.-SS

It was finally delivered on 5 December- just over a month after my order was placed.

OzSale Official

I am glad to hear that you have received the order. I am sorry for the delay in receiving the order. I will pass on your feedback to the relevant team. Have a good week ahead!

1 of 569 pages