Verified Customer

Nice wheels but fitted the wrong illegal size

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Ozzy Tyres Underwood QLD
I actually like the wheels. I do. The quality is great & they do look awesome. I was also happy with the customer service. However!!! And this is a big one. They have fitted the wrong size of wheels onto my vehicle which made my car illegal to drive. Now, I’m not an expert in cars at all so I literally had no idea that wheels must not protrude beyond the bodywork of a car but I did google this & found my answers quite easily. These wheels were totally unsuitable for my car. I was lucky that my colleague picked up on it and advised me to contact Ozzy Tyres pronto to have them changed.
I’ll give it to the guys, they have swapped them over immediately, handled it professionally and did apologise for the mistake. But I just can’t get over the fact that they let me drive away with illegal wheels that they fitted (fitment guaranteed apparently) in the first place! It is just not on and it shouldn’t happen when it’s something they ‘specialise’ in.
So in summary, the wheels look great, price is great, customer service is good but do your research before you let them fit wheels on your vehicle and make sure they’re legal

Verified Customer

Great product range, a few issues though.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I went online to purchase a set of rims for my car, they have a fantastic range of products for all different types of setups. Order was placed with out any problems and shipping was reasonably quick.

Rims arrived well packed and to specifications, though the hub centric rings provided were the wrong size. Called up to get the issue sorted, the gentlemen on the phone was helpful. 2 weeks later nothing, so I can only assume either it was forgotten about or they didn't care. Called up again and spoke to a nice lady and explained the situation, the correct rings showed up 2 days later.

Everything is fitted and going great now.

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Hi Dan , We do apologise for not having the hub rings sent out to you in a timely manner but are glad that you finally got your wheels on and we were able to assist you as soon as possible . Thanks buddy !

Price- service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2014

Good price. Good customer service. Friendly staff. Close to home. Great range of wheels for any make of car. Would recommend.

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Hey Eddy,
-Daniel | Ozzy Tyres

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

First let down :'(

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2014

First off i'm only writing this average review because of a current annoyance. I have ordered from them before and it was perfect. Then my Girlfriend ordered from them and again fine, fast shipping arrived in under 4 days. However, last week I needed new tyres as they were pretty bald, but figured, hey, ive ordered from ozzy tyres before so maybe ill just get a full set of rims and wheels since theyve always been so fast and I wont be driving around long on my current tyres. Well I ordered my wheels at night and the next day received a call stating I may need to roll guards, and possibly use camber to make it legal, which I said that's fine I'd be happy to. About an hour or so after I got another call and he said, hey just wondering if you wanted insurance, so I said sure and gave him my details and paid for insurance, (now this is where i got pretty annoyed). Before letting him go, I asked, to make it clear, When do you think the wheels will arrive? And he said to me, early next week. Now if he would of said, oh they're on back order at the moment, so it wont be for another 2 weeks until we get them then we will process and ship, i would have been fine or possibly switched them for another set that was in stock so i'd get them sooner. Well I placed this order on Thursday night, got the call on Friday, was told to expect them early next week, Monday, Tuesday I figured. They didn't arrive on Monday so I sent an email asking on the status and received a text maybe 30 minutes after the email saying they will be dispatched within one week. Alright so now i'm being told this week, as its Monday I received the text. That's alright I suppose. I leave it at that. I don't call them or harass because I know it happens. Well Today is Wednesday and last night at 9:55 I received an email saying, your wheels are on back order and we will process and ship them next week when they arrive. So basically the guy on the phone told me I should have them by today, Wednesday, but the email tells me they wont even get the wheels (im guessing from america) until the week after. If I'd of known this sooner I would of probably just bought new tyres somewhere else so I don't drive around in the rain on slicks. I cant entirely blame them, but you can't really tell a customer on the phone they will get them at one date, then 3 days later send an email saying I wont get them for another 2 weeks probably. Will delete this review and or change it pending on how I feel after it all comes to a close. But I'm sure everyone can understand how I'd be slightly irritated.

+ Liked how they contacted to inform of fitting

- Communication it seemed between warehouse and office? Told one thing in person, told another on email.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great wheels and service....but

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2014

The staff i spoke to were friendly and helpful, they were well informed and knowledgeable. The 4x4 wheels and tyres I purchased look great and good value for money. However there was a short delay in receiving them and they did not come balanced as advertised which made for extra cost.

+ products and service

- not balanced

perth WA

• 5 helpful votes

not so good experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2013

First of all order some rockstar rims for my navara. 1 day later after taking my 3300$ i might add they called to say they no longer have the rims but can do the rockstar 2's for the same price. I was happy with this offer and took it. Then finally my rims and tyres arrived ''fitted and balanced ready to drive on'' however this was not the case. The tyre weights were everywhere but on the rims. They obviously didnt clean off the clear coat beofre installing so had to take the tyres to get them balanced and all they said was ''whoops''. What a disgrace

80$ later i went to put the tyres back on the car. Plus they put the stupid looking white writing on the outside!. Then the front rim doesnt evem fit!! It runs on the caliper! So another 10 phone calls later i got told they would send spacers out. 2 weeks later i call back and they said they forgot to send them so they will do it straight away for me. So finally they sent out some spacers. Finally went to put them on. The spacer arent even close to the stud size of my car!!!!!!!! I have had enough. I will be reporting this company to the accc and i have had experience dealing with the accc about company's like this and they are more then happy to help me out in every way possible
got contacted today and was told they will be fixing the problem within a week. If in a week the problem has not been solved then I shall continue with my complaint

+ keep offering ways to fix the problem

- Bad service bad warranty bad communication bad knowledge

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Okay

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2013

The service was good apart from being notified to pay freight a day or so after I placed the order, I was told that I would receive the following day but I did not receive until 4 days later. Upon delivery I received one tyre at a time which was very frustrating.

+ Excellent product

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not 100% as advertised

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2013

The tyres were quite a good price, however the claim of free shipping was soon advised to be a 3-week wait, and a $20 charge was required for prompt delivery. It's quite misleading to advertise free shipping, without any intention of offering this. Fitting and balancing was quoted under the FAQs as between $15-25 per wheel, however Donnellan's charged $35 per wheel. Again, the quoted prices were misleading, but the overall cost still came it at a reasonable total.

+ Price, ease of ordering.

- Delivery and fitting charges not as stated on website

good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2013

Only some misunderstanding on my part concerning the shipment and assembly.
Fast shipping, honest value for money.
Tires mounted.
Advisable.
I will recommend this site to many of my friends and all my relatives.
I hope of power do even business with you.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I hope is not repeated again.
thanks

• 21 helpful votes

Watch out for the Extra Postage Costs

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2012

I think the prices at OzzyTyres are great but live in Perth. In the past few weeks I've ordered two sets of tyres and then got a call from them to tell me that the delivery company won't be able to deliver for a month so they will only charge me $40 to use another company. I told them I'd take my chances and wouldn't pay them a cent for their free delivery. I had the tyres in the same week on both occasions!
Don't pay them for free delivery.

+ Price of tyres

- Delivery arrangements

Hello, can I trade in my wheels for new ones or do you know what can I do with mines? Thanks!

Alberto6439 asked on May 29, 2016

Answer this

Not sure if they accept trade ins. Best bet is to get the new rims on your car and sell the original ones privately, like I did. Cheers :)

You sold me the WRONG tyres eg load rating for my ute! Why will you not replace them for free? This was Ozzy tyres mistake, Not mine! My insurance is now void!!!! Please explain?!!!!!!!

JB asked on Feb 19, 2016

Answer this

Good luck with that . They won't do anything after a sale nor do they have respect for their customers . I am now in the process of waiting for a hearing schedule as I am taking them to VCAT. I would suggest you do the same

I agree with jordyn! I myself have tyres with an incorrect load rating,not to mention I didn't even get the tyres I paid for,was overcharged,lied to and recieved a new wheel with a flat tyre.I can't even put the wheels on my car because of the flat tyre that doesn't seal around the rim properly and now I have to take the matter up with fair trading. I sent numerous emails with no response.clearly these guys do not care about there customers! absolutely Appalling !!

Looks like that's what i'm going to have to do.

why was I charged 400 for the shipping when you guys clearly said that its free shipping Australia wide? it actually shows on your wedsite as well ....FREE SHIPPING

jenela asked on Nov 01, 2013

Answer this

Because they are rip-off merchants

Read bad reviews...self explanatory;

Hey Jenela

Please refer to the below link, for all shipping details or email John@Ozzytyres.com.au

Regards, Ozzy Tyres