• 19 helpful votes
Private message

DODGY DODGY DODGY, had to get court order to get money back

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2015

The moment I placed the ordered I knew I had made a mistake, I got suckered by the cheap price and ignored the bad reviews... trust me I got what I paid for. Short version; wheels didn't fit, tyres were wrong load rating.The owner (Hussein) refused to refund my money. I had to take him to court, I won and the court ordered his bank to take the full purchase amount plus court costs and interest from his account. Ozzy Tyres are down 6 wheels, 4 tyres, a full refund plus costs and interest. Happy to help anyone else struggling to get their money back

19 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Want to hear a joke = OZZY TYRES !! They are not even worth 1 star

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2012

I ordered a set of rims off these clowns, well what a mistake that was here is my story -

I was after a set of good looking rims for my pride and joy, I came across the Ozzy Tyres website and it looked pretty good and the prices seemed alright so I go ahead and order my rims online,
6 weeks bloody later I receive my rims, the front fit good but the rear were the wrong offset so I ring the clowns up and tell em so they say "send them back and we will get it fixed" so another 5 weeks goes by till I get the wheels back and still the wrong offset.

I called them back to tell them the offset is still wrong and they say no the offset is right now What the..?! to cut a long story short I told them I was mad as hell and wanted my money back because I have to run 30 mm spacers on the back so my wheels don't bloody rub, not only fitting bolt on spacers to your car is dodgey but they are also illegal and that means my insurance is void if I have an accident but they didn't give a @%#$. I spent $2000 on these rims I might as well thrown the money away because the rear wheels arn't worth a pinch of @%#$ now.

I am in the process of getting court action onto these rogues. Ozzy tyres would have to be the shonkiest and rudest company I have ever dealt with in my life, I wouldn't even take my 5 year old sons bike to them to get tyres because they are so incompetant they would even stuff that up.

I think I might give a Current Affair or Today Tonight a call and have a chat to them about this !

A word of warning if you need wheels or tyres DO NOT go to Ozzy Tyres because I don't want you to go thru the same [censored] as I have...

Dimma

+ Unfortunately I was sucked in by there website, that's the only good thing about these rogues!

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

What are you on about man? hell yeah I have a grievance, I have done my homework, the only thing wrong is these clowns @#%$*# my wheels up !

Ozzy Tyres Official

Please contact head office on 02 9825 0355 and we will guarantee a resolution for you.

Yeah right mr "OZZY TYRES OFFICIAL" god knows how many times I called you before and you lot didn't want to hear about it so now you are trying to look all apologetic, well you can shove your resolution you clowns !!

• 14 helpful votes

Never go there

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2012

I ordered 2 Komho tyres over the phone before I visited their Rockdale shop,they offered a reasonable price and guaranteed the tyres ordered are in stock.

When I got there,I confirmed the price, size and the brand, also the person in the counter named [name removed] recommended me to have wheel alignment replace 4 tyres instead of 2, but I rejected.

After they finished the job, I found that the brand of tyres replaced were not the ones i ordered. I started to complaint and "good man" [name removed] told me this brand was far better and more expensive than then one i ordered, as the Komho is out of stock, they gave me a better one but charge the same price. Although it may be better ones but they should told me before hand, i felt not very comfortable at that moment, but had no choice.

This is not the end of story. When I was about to pay, I cross checked the size of the new tyres and found that the size is totally different from my order. I have not been told about this at all, and his explanation was that this is the right size for my car. I'm not an expert at tyres, and I don't know if it is ok to have 2 different size of tyres fitting in 1 car, but it is not acceptable they change my order without telling me.

I felt i was cheated and required to have my old tyres back.

Really really bad experience.

- cannot trust them

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Buyer beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2012

They don't know their product well enough to claim they are the top of their field. After having two sets of rims not fit, and weeks and weeks of waiting for a set to come in, and countless phone calls (all of which went unanswered, or returned) I finally had enough and asked for a refund. They refused to give me my money back. I contacted Consumer Affairs whilst in the showroom to verify my rights as a consumer, and when was satisfied that I was within my rights, I continued to ask for my money back after their inept service. Their response was to call the police. When it was evident that I was happy to talk to the Law about this problem, and after over two hours of arguing, they finally gave me my money back. They are rude, arrogant, and degrading. They sell cheap and nasty tyres, and only care about making money, not the safety of the person driving the car. I have had two instances of wheel nuts snapping off the wheel due to their inept work.

I am speaking of the Hoxton Park branch, though I have had similar experiences at the Liverpool branch also.

- Bad service, inept work, buyer beware!

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Shocking!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2012

I wish I had read the reviews before going to this store. Extremely bad customer service even after they stuffed up they continued to blame me. They did not apologise once and bluntly said that I can take it further because they have done what they have to and that they didn't have to do anything else. I should have realised when the guy at the counter said that he has done this before.

- Bad customer service and not helpful at all.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

SYDNEY

Never going there again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2012

Called the guys before i went and was told that they had the tyres i wanted. but when i got they i was advised other wise and was recommended something more expensive and "Much better". Turns out these tyres are [censored word removed] , slippery and noisy. Worst of all they didnt give me my old Potenza tyres back which i could of sold for hundreds. Also they told me to come back after half an hour and when i did, i had to wait another hour for them to finish. Bad service, Price and product. Never coming back again

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2012

Dont waste your time here, especially if your a woman, they will do anything to charge excessive prices. How they can justify the price difference is beyond me. They are not worthy of my money.

- I enquired about replacement Bridgestone tyres and they told me that they were really expensive and the best price they could offer was $590 each, then they proceeded to try and sell me some other "no name" brand for $290 each. I went to Bridgestone directly and they quoted me $299 (fitted and balanced) for the exact same type these clowns quoted $590 each for.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Cambrai

Ripped Off!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2012

Terrible!!!!!! I ordered Kumho tyres. The next day I get a phone call telling me thet they have no Kumho stock, but for an extra $60 I can get Pirellis instead. It sounds fair so I say yes and they add it on to my credit card. A few days later i get the tyres, but they are the Kumhos not the Pirellis. I tried to contact them to get my $60 back but it was near on impossible. Eventually I get a bloke who says he will refund my card. 3 weeks go by and nothing, so back on the phone and email roundabout with no luck again. This goes on for the next 3 months and I give up and tell my bank (Commonwealth) to get it back. Well today I get a letter from the credit branch of the bank telling me there is nothing they can do because I left it too long with a big sorry and contact blah blah if you are not happy!!!! So out of pocket $60 and feeling like writing this review which is now done!!!!!

+ Good prices and freight service.

- Wrong order, overcharged, bad communication, bad customer service.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

• 17 helpful votes
Private message

Can you give negative star ratings?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2012

Never ever buy tyres online from here. Original order was months ago, but only half the order was delivered. Now been advised these tyres are no longer available and after agreeing on alternative they managed to send something completely different and unwanted...twice. They don't answer phone calls or emails and it seems to be a fight to get your money back.

+ Nothing...don't get fooled by their website

- once they take your money, you won't get it back

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 14 helpful votes

Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2012

I really wish I had read this site before I ordered rims and tyres from this company. Firstly they couldn't find the order for days. Repeat phone calls with little or no help and no-one returning your calls! They took two weeks to arrive and had the wrong wheel nuts. Next set of wheel nuts sent to the wrong state and finally got the right ones a week and a half later. Then went to fit the wheels to the car and only 3 fitted. Many phone calls again and an email to the manager, another week gone, and apparently the wheel has been sent off. I wont hold my breath as the consignment no I have been given isn't right either. I guess that means another phone call and being put on hold etc etc.. really disappointed and would never recommend this company.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Ballarat

Verified Customer

Horrible experience - would never recommend to anyone.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Very bad customer service do not buy from this company > I ordered my tyre and wheel package on the 28th of August. I received a call telling me these exact wheels were not in stock even thought the website told me they were, they tried to convince me to change to another wheel which I told them I was not happy to do. I was told I would have to wait but I should see the wheels in 3 weeks.

I called after two weeks and asked how far off my order was - the man told me he would get "the girls" in the office to give me a call. I never got a call. After 3 and a half weeks I called and said I need my wheels soon and to ask the status of them. I was told they would check the warehouse and call me back. I never got a call back. I called again that day and said I need to know and the man told me they haven't been ordered, many dodgy phrases such as "some blokes used to work here who don't anymore, that might have something to do with it I don't know", I was then told I could not get a time limit but it could be 4-6 weeks, once again he tried to convince me to change to another wheel which I said I was not happy to do. He told me to give him a call once I decided to change to a different wheel cause they have to order in the wheel.

I wrote a post on the facebook page explaining my predicament. It was removed within 10 minutes.

After speaking to my partner we decided we had enough of dealing with this company and the sales man [name removed] so we decided to cancel our order. My partner arranged for a set of wheels elsewhere and I messaged the facebook which I had been discussing my order on (as well as phone calls) and requested a cancellation. This was never responded to. The next morning I called asking to cancel my order. I was told I could not do this over the phone and had to email customer service ozzy tyres, which I did straight away. I never got a response. So the next day I called and asked to cancel again, I was told they would look for the tyres but I confirmed I wanted to cancel. I then received a follow up text message (finally), that this will be passed over to "the boss".

I never got a call from the boss who was meant to call me so that afternoon near closing time I called again to follow up, I asked if my cancellation had been done, he told me not yet it is a long process. I explained that I had been waiting far too long and was told I would have to wait longer, he then denied ever telling me I would have to wait longer.

[name removed] then proceeded to tell me they had miraculously found my wheels possibly, and if they had found them they would be sending them out. I refused and told I requested my order cancelled and will not be following through with this order. He said he would speak to the boss man and send them out if we had them and if not then talk to the boss. I asked for the Boss name and number to call and this was refused to me understandably since this is a big company. But then I was told he would speak to the boss and the conversation ended.

No follow up> no promise of a cancellation. It was a rude and unprofessional phone call on his behalf> this is not a company worth spending your thousands of dollars from. Good luck to a large company that does not listen to customers needs.

I am a very disappointed customer. I work for a large company myself and I have never yet complained in any of my purchase history. But this is out of control and the poor service needs to be recognised and I need the refund I requested and most definitely now deserve.

Perth

Unprofessional and Dishonest

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Ozzy Tyres worst customer service ever. Don’t deliver what you ordered. Got wheels delivered 4 weeks ago, incorrect tyres, damaged centre caps from being packed on top of each other, incorrect wheel bolts so wheels can't actually be installed, incorrect valves installed on tyre and rim package, Said they had SENT replacement centre caps and 3 weeks later I get told they were still waiting on a shipment from supplier, quoted $400 per rim delivered to Perth then charged $450 on invoice.
Without doubt the most unprofessional and DISHONEST tyre retailer I have ever dealt with.

• 1 comment

Crap Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

Ordered wheel and tyre package online total cost $1731.45. After waiting 7 days for items to arrive I thought better give them a ring to see where items are. Upon ringing them I was told they are out of stock and I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks for items to arrive in Sydney. So when were you going to ring and let me know that? They said they will email some alternatives, all of which I am not interested in and told them I want a refund. After confirming I want a refund by email I followed it up with a phone call answered by a employee... only to be told the person who deals with that sort of stuff isnt here today...Ok...I ring the next day....sorry they are out for lunch and will ring you back...Ok...waiting for return call but no, must be too hard, so I ring back and get a different employee, who was supposedly meant to be the one to sort the refund out...she informs myself to email the manager a ...Ok...I email the manager with no reply, but he did forward the email to one of his minions who again tried telling me that I can go for one of the alternative options or that the tyres will land in Sydney at the end of the month. Ahhhhh no thanks, I expressed my intentions of recieving a refund once again with no reply or confirmation that a refund will be occurring. After ringing the 4th different person back she now tells me it is in the hands of accounts....All I want is a refund for something I have not received and could not be delivered in a suitable time frame. People make mistakes but its how you resolve them that matters, this one looks like its going to consumer protection agency!!!

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update...tyres finally arrived, and they were the wrong rims. Sent them a lengthy email stating everything that has gone wrong since purchase was made and gave them 7 days to reply as advised by th... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 21 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Definitely tread carefully when purchasing from this company. Check your purchase is in stock before

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2015

I wish I'd read the reviews before dealing with these guys.

1) My wheels where stating 'in stock' on the site. I also phoned to check they were in stock & was told 'yes'.

2) Payment taken but hang on - suddenly not in stock & was told wait was 1-1.5 weeks & that I had to pay to secure my order. I questioned that the website still stated stock was avail. & got told it related to a different size wheel (which was not the case). I decided to wait it out.

3) The timeframe had been & gone so I phoned to check up on my order. Got told they were shipping next day, that didn't happen. Then it would be the day after, that didn't happen either. Then the next day, yep didn't happen & by that stage I had found this site.

4) [name removed] was again contacted & said that my wheels were seemingly missing from the container they had received. So why didn't they tell me this the earlier times I phoned? He said I could choose other wheels but no others interested me. He said a different size was available so I did what I didn't really want to do & purchased tyres to suit the larger wheels b/cause I wanted to get it over & done with. He said the new order would ship same day.

5) Order now not shipping today b/cause he thought he had the right size but had to machine them, he would try for despatch but it would most likely be the following day. [name removed] assured me he would make sure they got on the truck.

6) Next day, again, no tracking details. [name removed] assured me they left & that he loaded them on the truck himself but the manifest hadn't been generated yet. I phoned again later in the day to be told there was a courier delay but they'll arrive Fri. I demanded the tracking details b/cause I knew very well you cannot trace an item without a tracking ID and called [name removed] out on his lying. He assured me he was telling the truth but I knew my order hadn't left. I hung up on [name removed] & contacted a manager. I was right, my order hadn't left. It was sitting awaiting despatch @ least & he gave me the tracking number & was honest.

This company has apparently let go of some staff recently but as you will read, still has far to go. They continue to actively sell to customers when stock isn't there. Why lie? Especially when you know you have been caught out. I'm not an idiot yet they were trying to treat me like one. If we could have got the mags we wanted from elsewhere then I would have requested a refund. It seems the good reviews only occur when they have stock because when they don't, many of us have had to argue with them & are lied to more than once.

My advice: Phone to check the stock is there & pay with PayPal via Credit Card for extra security. You would think with all these negative reviews that they would change their ways! Disappointing Ozzy Tyres, time to become reputable.

Queensland

Worst ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2012

Ordered and deposited for a set of 4 wheels for my D40 Navara. Was told that they would take six weeks to arrive and receipt for deposit sent to my email. Never received receipt.

6 weeks pass, heard nothing so I phoned Ozzy Tyres who then informed me that they are another 3 weeks away. Requested again for deposit receipt (still never received).

3 weeks pass, again heard nothing, phoned Ozzy Tyres again. Was informed that container with my wheels was due to arrive in 3 more days. Once unloaded they will be packed and sent to me and a tracking number sent to my phone via SMS.

5 days later, still heard nothing, so I phoned Ozzy Tyres (again). This time was informed that they do not have my wheels. I asked to have a refund from my deposit ($200) and was told not a problem, will be refunded the following day.

4 days later, have not received deposit refund. This time rather than ringing, I emailed Ozzy Tyres explaining my situation and requesting my refund. Still have not bothered to acknowledge my request (even though I have a read receipt from my email).

This business has:
1. Taken money from me and not provided a tax invoice/receipt,
2. Not provided goods or services, and
3. Refused to answer or acknowledge and ignored request for a refund.

Have been forced to take the matter up with credit card provider and lodge complaint with Fair Trading.

+ Website looked impressive, but beware they will take your money and run.

- Very bad service. At no stage did they contact me to let me know that order was late or not at all.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2012

Do not go to the one especially in Canberra... the manager is a really dodgy character.. purely interested in making money and will tell you fibs to get the business.

- I would like to strongly advise anyone going to the Canbarra store to reconsider. The manager [name removed] is there purely to make money. I paid for one set of tyres and got a completely different set whilst I waited for the car to be done, without having being told even once. Then they did not do the wheel allignment (although I was charged for it) again this guy saying that new tyres wont need it! Dodgy salesman who will tell you anything to sell the product.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Sydey

Verified Customer

Dishonest, scammers, did not deliver order FRAUD!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Bought a Tyre and wheel package off their website that was "in stock" got told 2 weeks after i bought it (i had to call up because no package arrived) that my rims are not in stock. Got told to wait 3 weeks for them or pick a different style (sales are really pushy for you to pick another style)

Kept getting told to wait 3 weeks every time i called or emailed, made up all sort of excuses why the stock didn't arrive (my favorite one was "the container got locked we have to re-order" LOL) asked for a refund but its as if the word refund doesn't appear in the vocabulary, as soon as i said the word the bloke on the phone said "they may have found my order let me check with the guys i'll give you a call later"

Got a call back from a sales person who seemed to just try to re-push the idea of changing my order - Common ozzytyres for the 50th time either send what i ordered or provide a refund it isn't that hard!

They will lie to you over the phone & treat you like a 7 year old but they're lies are so obvious, phone staff can't keep up with the lies. One staff member told me my package is delayed because the container arrived but didn't have my size of wheels. Called up a day later another staff member said the container never arrived! You can clearly tell each staff member is just making up stuff as they go.

After waiting 3 months for my wheels to arrive and hearing a range of wacky excuses I just gave up asking for a refund and reported fraud with my credit card and the bank refunded the money in under 2 weeks.

These guys don't think Australian consumer laws apply to them so you have to do it the hard way. I would avoid AT ALL COSTS do not be tempted by their prices and their website – it’s just not worth it.

If anyone is having trouble getting a refund, private message me.

Sydney

Verified Customer

Unprofessional, rude and a bunch of liars! Do not buy!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2016

One word for this place - terrible. Do not do any business with these guys. They are unprofessional, lack any kind of customer service expertise and most importantly are scammers and liars. How they are able to practice as a business is beyond me.

I came in to order a set of 4x wheels and was told they weren't in the shop and had to be ordered in. I was told to leave a deposit of 1K to secure the purchase, which I did. Later that day I was told they were unavailable because manufacturing of those wheels were ceased due to quality issues - e.g. breaking/cracking.

As I was only interested in getting those wheels I naturally asked for a refund my of deposit immediately, which they agreed to do so. The following day, I checked my email/bank account and saw that no refund had yet been provided. I emailed, texted and called the store to follow up on my email only to be told that my refund is sitting with "accounts" and will be processed accordingly. I then asked that it be processed urgently which they agreed to do so.

The following day, still no answer from these guys and I called multiple times to follow up on my refund and I was ignored, put on hold and eventually hung up on multiple times. Eventually I got through to the "sales person" or "manager" and was told that there was an error with my order and that the wheels were available and were ordered and already in the store.

Never was I told in the preceding days that the wheels were available or that there was an error nor did i consent to go ahead with the purchase after I was told they were initially unavailable (keeping in mind that I had asked for a refund immediately after learning this - which they had agreed multiple times).

I declined the purchase and was told that a refund was not possible, only store credit.

The store will not admit that they had made an error; are declining a refund of my deposit after agreeing to it multiple times; only interested in making a sale by keeping your money! - in other words - A Scam!

So unfortunately its off to fair trading to handle this dispute and seek damages and compensation for withholding funds which otherwise could have been used elsewhere.

Wish I had read reviews first.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2012

Terrible service rude staff (manager is the worst of the lot) steer clear of these guys i would rather import the rims over my self in the future

+ Are the sole importers of some of the best brands

- The worst service I have ever experienced have dealt with them on two occasions one the brisbane store and now the sydney store as brisbane store is closed ( I wonder why ) having spent over 7k all up and am currently still waiting to receive my rims as they drilled them wrong it has been 3 1/2 weeks now and I haven't even received as much as an apology for the horrific service

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Private message

Don`t put your self though it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2012

Ozzy tyres are the worst business i have ever dealt with they promised the wheels and tyres in 5 days to W.A. they took 9 they arived with chinesse tyres not the pirellis I had payed for so sent them back. I was promised a different set to be sent over so I didn`t have to wait rang a week later told they were sent. Rang back for con note told they had not arived back from W.A. would be sent next day given con note that did not exist told wheels lost at courier company rang courier company more than help full told me that he had the same problem personaly .I even theatend consumer protection on them that did not even worry them in all about 20 phone calls and put on hold constantly for up to 10min up to 3 to 4 times a phone call.What happened to the customers always right, frankly don't do it youself!

- terrible sevice ,lyers, no customer service

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

1 of 40 pages