Amazing service and even better deal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave you are made to feel so welcome and at home. I rang up a different tyre place in Silverwater Sydney that does Wheel & Tyre package deals too about a week ago but the staff was short fused, "knew better", and wasn't willing to accommodate my needs but then I found Ozzy Tyre online. Not only did they give me the perfect product and tended to my every need but they also did it at a price that can't be beaten. They even threw in free lock nuts and a free tv that was only available when you go through the online process. They kept me up to date every step of the way and with free ice cold bottled water or some red bull while you wait, time flied and was worth every second I had to wait. Big shout out to a awesome group of guys!!!! Thanks again!!

Perfect wheel for a Japan inspired Mazda 2

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

This is the 3rd time I’ve bought wheels and tyres from Ozzy, I keep coming back because the prices are exceptional, the wheels are the highest quality and the service is quick and quality. I was after a wide fit Japanese style wheel for a new Mazda 2. It’s been fitted with coilovers and just needed something wide to give it an aggressive stance. After a detailed and helpful phone conversation with Wazza I was locked in to some 17 x 8” Avid 1 AV-56 wheels in bronze stretched with 205 Kumho tyres for $1650! The guys fit me in the next day and now the Mazda 2 is mean. I couldn’t be happier with the look and feel of these new wheels and tyres they give the 2 a perfect amount of Japanese nostalgia. Thanks for the help lads!

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

OzzyTyres were professional and helpful thought the whole process. When the wheel package I had ordered online was out of stock I was contacted and they happily organised another wheel package for the same price. Will definitely be using them again in the future and I highly recommend them to everyone I know.

Sydney

Unprofessional and unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

These guys have basically demanded and taken my deposit for a set of wheels I was after which they confirmed with me that they had stock and everything is good to go right before coming in for fitment. After coming to their store, they make me wait 1hour before telling me that they don’t have stock. I was fed with the most ridiculous lies and promises that weren’t met after a deposit was already taken. It took numerous follow ups (calls and emails) as well as the need to get fair trading NSW involved before my refund was processed. Their refund process is total nonsense and just a way for them to steal your money for as long as they can. If you don’t follow up on your refunds, you won’t be getting anything returned. Took them over 2 months to give me my money back when it was their stuff up to begin with. Until this day, no acknowledgement of their mistake or apologies were given.

Did not think a company this bad could exist. To sum up my experience, I can say that the staff (at least the ones I’ve dealt with at Hoxton Park) are INCOMPETENT, UNTRUSTWORTHY, UNPROFESSIONAL, and definitely UNRELIABLE. You will be fed with lies/nonsense stories, and have your time wasted by them. All they actually care about is landing your deposit, and then covering their own stuff ups with more of their nonsense. Out of my 2 visits to this store, I witnessed almost the exact same issue that 2 other customers had to go through. An ex supplier of Ozzytyres also telling me their experience with this bad company. Some of the other poor reviews seem to be 100% accurate - seems like Ozzytyres does not care about customer service.

My advice: DO NOT PLACE A DEPOSIT or any kind of payment until they physically have what you are requesting for and that you could see for yourself. Ask them exactly what their refund process is and when will you be entitled a refund. Have written communication that can be traced back to them to cover yourself.

Awesome packages!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Delt with ben and the owner at Bayswater ozzy tyres! Honestly cant fault there work and customer skills. The BEST tyre and wheel packages going around by far. Cant beat the price and quality.
Thanks guys I'll be back for sure!
Ash

so easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

purchased package online with no problems, very easy process- wazza was great to deal with. Wheels/tyres package was delivered 2 days later. Very happy. Will definitely use them again

Verified Customer

Could have been a better experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

I purchased a set of rims for my HSV recently. While the ordering and delivery were pretty straightforward there were a few issues.

I had ordered the rims and a set of lock nuts. The rims were fine but the lock nuts that were sent weren’t the colour I had ordered. I started to put the rims on the car and realised that the lock nuts they had sent weren’t long enough so the wheel wouldn’t fasten to the hub before the nut would bottom out on the stud. Luckily was able to get hold of some different nuts but at another out of pocket expense for myself. Had rang them before this issue was apparent and already had the replacement lock nuts on the way and they were happy to help with that, no big deal. Finished putting the wheels on my car and went around to have a look at the difference and noticed that one of the tyres had been fitted to the rim the wrong way, with the “inside” stamp on the sidewall outside. Another expense for me. I take my car down to the local tyre place and the guy turns the tyre around and decides to check the tyre pressures. One of the rear tyres was at 55psi, the other rear at 46, and the front left was at 42. The max rating for the tyres was 49psi. In all fairness I should have checked the pressures one they were on the car but normally when you pay good money for a product you expect it to be in working order. To think that a professional tyre place is doing something as stupid as this astounds me. Wont be using these guys again.

Third Time Lucky!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

This is the third set of wheels and tyres I have purchased from Ozzy Tyres and the third time I have been extremely satisfied with the end result. No fuss No Hassle. They didn't have my vehicle listed on the search engine since it is a new production model. One phone call to Ozzy and these guys had me sorted out in a hot minute. Suggested the wheels for a 2018 Toyota C-HR and left me to it. Purchased the Hussla Royalty in 18" Matte black to go on a Hornet Yellow C-HR. Online purchase and bang.....three days later they were here.....IN PERTH!!! They say things happen in three's.........Well they certainly do. I can't speak highly enough of the professionalism and expert advice I have received over the years of doing business with Ozzy Tyres. Oh and Price????? Well let's just say Yeah!!

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Buyers beware Contact your Lawyer first

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Ordered a new rim a year ago they have stolen the $500 and have not supplied anything. Getting [name removed] to return phone call is impossible. Every time I call he is not there very convenient. They had me call one of there distributors in Melbourne and they are the same cant get them to reply. I have now contacted the ACCC and my bank as I paid by credit card. Bank says that is fraud and to contact police fraud squad. I should have done this months ago what a fool.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I have used Ozzy Tyres a couple of times now. First time was great service. Second time very poor. Didn't send wheel nuts. Rang back three times over two months. Last time the person hung up on me. Still no wheel nuts. Hanging up on someone is very poor customer service. Talk about how to lose a customer.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ultimate transformation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

These guys are easy to deal with. Transformed my brand new Ranger into a real head turner. Will most definitely get more things done from Ozzy tyres and recommend this experience to all my mates.

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

I have got all wheels and tyres from hoxland park store. Fully satisfied with price, service, quality. Highly recommended. 5 stars

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Don't have stock. Don't have an idea. Retail gimmick.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Purchased wheel and tyre package online.
Needing tyres for the family.
'Eofys sale' went for wheel and tyre package.
Inflated retail prices before what seems to good to be true discounts. (35% off this instance)

Didn't have stock. Try ripping me off to pay more money for the equivalent tyres I already paid for.
Don't know sizing, then tried selling me completely different wheel. Trying to disguise it as the same.

If you read ' marks are there salesman
No ' are my replies

Get the phone call next day after order and pay
'Sorry, we don't have the rims in the size you ordered (16"). So we will upgrade for free to next size up (17")'

Ok, I researched that size for my vehicle. What tyres will I get.
' budget tyres'
But I paid extra for Upgrade tyres, what can I get now.
'We can do better tyres @ $400 dollars extra as the Toyo tyres you ordered aren't available in 17"
Ok well I will check your 17" tyres and let you know 23 which I like.
Found some I'd prefer, they are roughly the same price per tyre as the ones I paid for. At full detail (excluding the 35% off) they are $80 more then I paid. Can I pay extra 80 and have those.
' no, we would lose money, you can't have those'
But they are gruffly the same price?

' no your going off single tyre price, not package price '
Yes, I am. I paid extra for upgraded tyres, I would like tyres that are to that same value.

' you can have these tyres for 200 extra '
But they cost less then the ones I already paid for?

This went on over 8 phone calls.

I get a salesman as mine is not available. He says I can have the tyres I want, but won't be available till next week.
To easy, until next week comes and old salesman rings starting from scratch, demanding I didn't talk to anyone.

I am stressed out, confused and dealing with con artists. I ask for emails to be replied to, and do this in writing as I'm over the calls.

They email me with a 17" package that isn't even the rim I ordered asking for $200 more for cheaper tyres then I already bought.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Hi Luc, Thanks for your feedback. To be fair, we offered you an excellent deal by upgrading you from 16 inch to 17 inch at no cost. You have chosen to get upgraded tyres on this deal and we have e... read more »

False. Wheels you offered were bigger diameter. Not upgraded. And was told free of charge next size up because you didn't stock my purchase. The tyres you offered were a cheaper priced tyre ... read more »

At the end of the day, I was happy to pay more, to get what I wanted. But your guy made it impossible, and wouldn't let up on selling me what I didn't want. That's the biggest stress, even when I a... read more »

Verified Customer

Rip off. Dodgy. Cheap not worth it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Bought wheels/tyres had to fly overseas. Arrarrived wrong address. Refused to release.
Cancelled my order they charged me %25.
Wheels aren't even allow in Australia

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Hi Giuseppe, Just to clarify, we have sent your order to our Bayswater store as per your instructions. However, you requested that someone else to collect this order on your behalf, which is somet... read more »

Stoked with my Ranger FX4

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Pretty damn chuffed with the look of my Ranger FX4 since the lads at OzzyTyres Bayswater. Alex took the time to ensure I achieved the look I was after choosing from an excellent selection of rims/tyres etc. Did a package deal & with a great price, had it all done within 1 week.
If you're looking to update or seek expert advise, I defo. recommend these guys.:)

Great Wheels

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

Found Ozzy Tyres on line. Went to store to check range. First choice no longer available so chose White GT with machine lip. Went back to Hoxton Park. Service great and wheels arranged for delivery. Only issue which prevented a 5 star rating was the wheel nuts supplied were wrong thread size unknown to me and When I put the first nut on whith rattle gun it damaged stud thread. Contacted shop and new nuts sent out express delivery. Same issue again wrong nuts supplied so had to drive to Shop and get correct ones. 2 days of mucking around, drive 100km and repair damaged stud. However the service was good and wheels are great.

Launceston

Verified Customer

Waste of time and money!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Purchased a set of Monsta Terrain Grippers just over year ago for $1,100 to go on my wife's Landrover Discovery. I can honestly say these are the worst tyres we have ever purchased! My wife has done 20k on them and they already need replacing, pretty pathetic performance for the money. I have had more life out of part warn tyres!

I contacted customer services at Ozy Tyres approximately 8 weeks ago and was told to send photo's, which I did. They replied saying I had to take it back to the retailer, which I did. The manager of the retail out let stated "Ozzy tyres could care less". I was asked to return a week later and leave the vehicle with the retail outlet so they could put it on the hoist and take pictures. I told them that I had already taken pictures and sent them to customer services so what was the point of more photos? I also put it to them that if "Ozzy tyres could care less" why waste yet more time and money getting the vehicle back to them to essentially repeat what I had done? Apparently, they wanted their own photos. I declined and said I would get back in contact with Ozzy Tyres who are the Australian distributors for Monsta.

I sent another email to customer services (or lack of) and have heard nothing.

My wife is a stay at home Mum and uses the vehicle to do the shopping and run the kids to playgroup once a week. They have done absolutely no off road work at all. We have 3 children under the age of 5 including a new born baby, and due to the lack of customer service from both Ozzy tyres and the retailer, she is driving in the middle of winter on wet roads on what I would call unroadworthy and unsafe tyres until we can get the money together for replacements. Thanks Ozzy tyres!

In my opinion the Monsta tyres we have been sold are not fit for purpose and the issue is with the wholesaler not the retailer. If you are looking for a solid set of 4x4 all terrain tyres avoid these at all costs, as I said I have had better life from part warn tyres at a quarter of the price.

Shame you cant upload photo's to this site, would love to upload photos of the tyres showing how little tread they have left!

• 1 comment

Received item with damage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

I purchased online and had it delivered.
Upon putting the wheels on my car i noticed paint chip on the rim (brand new wheels...)
Called up and told to email the photos over.

3 days later i got a response that just said
"the advice i have for you is to use touch up paint"

Are you kidding?
Fix the wheel. Customer service is awful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

EDIT - asked for more photos a few days ago. awaiting another reply.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

1 Star is too generous

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

I have never encountered such an incompetent, mismanaged, and simply disgraceful company. They are nothing more than con-artists. Their customer service is non-existent, and put simple i wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Their refusal to communicate or accept blame for any issues resulted in me being forced to go to NSW Fair Trading, and only then did they finally attempt to resolve a situation, which to this day may still not be solved. I will include my full story below for those interested but whatever you do AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.

I initially went to their Hoxton Park store hoping to get a wheel and tyre package. I asked for a particular set of wheels in size 18x8, and was told the only size they had was 18x8.75. Weeks later i discovered that 18x8.75 was an illegal wheel size for my car, but when I called Ozzy to ask why their staff had recommended an illegal wheel which they then fit on my car they refused to even acknowledge any wrongdoing. I accepted that I should have been more aware of these laws but this was only the first instance of what turned into a 2 year battle with numerous problems that resulted in Fair Trading NSW getting involved.

Within a month of the wheels being put on, and after the original argument around the legality of the wheels, one of the wheels began to go flat. I couldn't notice any actual defects with the wheel but after numerous times putting air in it only for it to go flat in a matter of days i decided to take the car back to the Hoxton Park store (a 45 minute drive each way) to see if they could do anything. I was told there was nothing wrong with the wheel and that there was no reason for it to be going flat, however the problem persisted, after 2 more visits to the Hoxton Park store (both times being told there was no problem with the wheel) I asked for a refund or replacement, and this finally triggered a response as they agreed to take a more detailed look at the wheel. 2 days later i returned and they gave me the same wheel back and said it was fixed, yet surprisingly couldn't tell me what the actual problem was. Whatever they did seemed to work, as the wheel stopped going flat.

At this point I had hoped my experiences with Ozzy had concluded, however unfortunately the worst hadn't even started.

When the wheels were put on, the tyres they put on were size 215/25, well below any recommended size for 18x8.75 (an issue that again i accept i should've been more aware of at the time, but speaks to Ozzy's disregard for safety and quality, and a complete lack of duty of care) and as a result the wheels were overly exposed resulting in regular scratching and damage. Over time this eventually resulted in one of the rims cracking. I called Ozzy to order a replacement wheel, and gave the salesman on the phone my original invoice number ( to which he made a comment that he was surprised those wheels had been put on my car given the illegal size and ridiculously undersized tyres) and he organised a replacement wheel. For some reason they refused to ship the wheel to my address, and said i had to pick it up from the Hoxton Park store (again, a 45 minute drive each way). When i arrived at the Hoxton Park store on the agreed upon the date, the wheel was not there. After a few phone calls the employee at the store told me it was on its way and should arrive shortly. It arrived over an hour later. I then paid an additional amount to have the tyre stripped from the cracked rim and re-fitted on the new wheel, and then placed on my car. This was done and i left the store.

A few weeks later i noticed one of the nuts missing from that wheel, and upon further inspection was shocked to find that the replacement wheel that had been put on my car had not been safely attached, as the holes were too small to allow the nuts to lock on the entire way, which had obviously resulted in one of the nuts falling off. On top of this i then also noticed the replacement wheel was a different offset to the other 3 wheels still on the car.

I immediately took the wheel off the car and called Ozzy to ask for an explanation. When i called i was immediately placed on hold the moment i mentioned I was making a complaint. I was kept on hold for more than 10 minutes until someone finally answered, and once i briefly explained the situation they asked me to send them an email detailing the issues. I did this immediately.

Over 2 weeks had passed an i had not received a reply, and every time i called i was just put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time before hanging up. After 2 months of emails that received no reply, and explaining my situation to a new person every time i called only to be told someone would email me, I finally was put on the phone with someone by the name of [name removed], who was extremely apologetic about the whole situation, and promised me that she would read through all the details of the situation and message me with a reply the very next day. The next day i received an email from [name removed], offering me a solution that involved me purchasing a new wheel at a discount price, and suggesting that i simply keep the faulty wheel as a spare. I replied explaining that i did not accept that solution, and that the only logical outcome was a refund or exchange. I received no reply to my email and the following week i contacted NSW Fair Trading hoping they could help find a solution. When i explained my situation the the Fair Trading officer assigned to my case, he couldn't believe that they had refused to offer a refund or exchange, and told me he would contact them and explain my rights and hopefully find a solution.

2 weeks later he contacted me, and immediately commented on how shocking they were at replying to emails and phone calls, but assured me he had finally contacted them and that someone from Ozzy would contact me shortly to arrange a solution.

A week later i received a call from Ozzy asking me to bring the faulty wheel to the Hoxton Park store so they could assess it. I agreed and the following week i drove out with the wheel, only to be told that i was lying about the wheel not being safely put on the car, and that their company would never do such a thing. He offered to take the wheel back and make some changes to it to fix the offset issue, and make the holes larger so that the nuts could lock on properly (ironic given he had just argued i was lying about that situation). I regretfully accepted that offer, and when i returned a week later to collect the wheel and the offset issue is still very clear. At this point i have simply given up communicating with Ozzy and will begin taking legal action shortly to obtain a full refund for my entire purchase history with Ozzy Tyres.

For those that have had the time to read my experience, I hope it has convinced you to avoid Ozzy Tyres at all costs. I only wish i had read some of the other terrible reviews before i made my purchase. Any body who tells you they have had a positive experience with Ozzy have either never had to deal with their shocking customer service, or are simply too ignorant to see that they have been ripped off by this blatantly disgraceful company.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Jake, I thought this issue was resolved. You said you wanted the pcd holes redone as you were told they are unsafe. I told you that we cannot do anything about the offset and you said that was fine... read more »

I will not be removing the review, and i stand by every statement made in it. The pcd holes were re-done but this review speaks to my entire experience with your company, starting with illegal whee... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great service and communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Made a purchase online, used the 16 month interest free, after a week was advised the tyres were out of stock and would I be prepared to wait another week or take the mud warrior instead, was happy to wait, instead they sent 285's instead at no extra cost that same day, took 3 days to FNQ, fast shipping, everything was packed well and nothing was missing, fitment went without any issues, very happy with the quality of the wheels and tyres, Nathan kept me up to date with emails and phone call, thanks Zee and the guys, very happy hassle free purchase.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Great to hear of your experience. Thanks for your kind words and we hold our heads up high proud to deliver the best experience.

1 of 40 pages