1 Star is too generous

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

I have never encountered such an incompetent, mismanaged, and simply disgraceful company. They are nothing more than con-artists. Their customer service is non-existent, and put simple i wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Their refusal to communicate or accept blame for any issues resulted in me being forced to go to NSW Fair Trading, and only then did they finally attempt to resolve a situation, which to this day may still not be solved. I will include my full story below for those interested but whatever you do AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.

I initially went to their Hoxton Park store hoping to get a wheel and tyre package. I asked for a particular set of wheels in size 18x8, and was told the only size they had was 18x8.75. Weeks later i discovered that 18x8.75 was an illegal wheel size for my car, but when I called Ozzy to ask why their staff had recommended an illegal wheel which they then fit on my car they refused to even acknowledge any wrongdoing. I accepted that I should have been more aware of these laws but this was only the first instance of what turned into a 2 year battle with numerous problems that resulted in Fair Trading NSW getting involved.

Within a month of the wheels being put on, and after the original argument around the legality of the wheels, one of the wheels began to go flat. I couldn't notice any actual defects with the wheel but after numerous times putting air in it only for it to go flat in a matter of days i decided to take the car back to the Hoxton Park store (a 45 minute drive each way) to see if they could do anything. I was told there was nothing wrong with the wheel and that there was no reason for it to be going flat, however the problem persisted, after 2 more visits to the Hoxton Park store (both times being told there was no problem with the wheel) I asked for a refund or replacement, and this finally triggered a response as they agreed to take a more detailed look at the wheel. 2 days later i returned and they gave me the same wheel back and said it was fixed, yet surprisingly couldn't tell me what the actual problem was. Whatever they did seemed to work, as the wheel stopped going flat.

At this point I had hoped my experiences with Ozzy had concluded, however unfortunately the worst hadn't even started.

When the wheels were put on, the tyres they put on were size 215/25, well below any recommended size for 18x8.75 (an issue that again i accept i should've been more aware of at the time, but speaks to Ozzy's disregard for safety and quality, and a complete lack of duty of care) and as a result the wheels were overly exposed resulting in regular scratching and damage. Over time this eventually resulted in one of the rims cracking. I called Ozzy to order a replacement wheel, and gave the salesman on the phone my original invoice number ( to which he made a comment that he was surprised those wheels had been put on my car given the illegal size and ridiculously undersized tyres) and he organised a replacement wheel. For some reason they refused to ship the wheel to my address, and said i had to pick it up from the Hoxton Park store (again, a 45 minute drive each way). When i arrived at the Hoxton Park store on the agreed upon the date, the wheel was not there. After a few phone calls the employee at the store told me it was on its way and should arrive shortly. It arrived over an hour later. I then paid an additional amount to have the tyre stripped from the cracked rim and re-fitted on the new wheel, and then placed on my car. This was done and i left the store.

A few weeks later i noticed one of the nuts missing from that wheel, and upon further inspection was shocked to find that the replacement wheel that had been put on my car had not been safely attached, as the holes were too small to allow the nuts to lock on the entire way, which had obviously resulted in one of the nuts falling off. On top of this i then also noticed the replacement wheel was a different offset to the other 3 wheels still on the car.

I immediately took the wheel off the car and called Ozzy to ask for an explanation. When i called i was immediately placed on hold the moment i mentioned I was making a complaint. I was kept on hold for more than 10 minutes until someone finally answered, and once i briefly explained the situation they asked me to send them an email detailing the issues. I did this immediately.

Over 2 weeks had passed an i had not received a reply, and every time i called i was just put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time before hanging up. After 2 months of emails that received no reply, and explaining my situation to a new person every time i called only to be told someone would email me, I finally was put on the phone with someone by the name of [name removed], who was extremely apologetic about the whole situation, and promised me that she would read through all the details of the situation and message me with a reply the very next day. The next day i received an email from [name removed], offering me a solution that involved me purchasing a new wheel at a discount price, and suggesting that i simply keep the faulty wheel as a spare. I replied explaining that i did not accept that solution, and that the only logical outcome was a refund or exchange. I received no reply to my email and the following week i contacted NSW Fair Trading hoping they could help find a solution. When i explained my situation the the Fair Trading officer assigned to my case, he couldn't believe that they had refused to offer a refund or exchange, and told me he would contact them and explain my rights and hopefully find a solution.

2 weeks later he contacted me, and immediately commented on how shocking they were at replying to emails and phone calls, but assured me he had finally contacted them and that someone from Ozzy would contact me shortly to arrange a solution.

A week later i received a call from Ozzy asking me to bring the faulty wheel to the Hoxton Park store so they could assess it. I agreed and the following week i drove out with the wheel, only to be told that i was lying about the wheel not being safely put on the car, and that their company would never do such a thing. He offered to take the wheel back and make some changes to it to fix the offset issue, and make the holes larger so that the nuts could lock on properly (ironic given he had just argued i was lying about that situation). I regretfully accepted that offer, and when i returned a week later to collect the wheel and the offset issue is still very clear. At this point i have simply given up communicating with Ozzy and will begin taking legal action shortly to obtain a full refund for my entire purchase history with Ozzy Tyres.

For those that have had the time to read my experience, I hope it has convinced you to avoid Ozzy Tyres at all costs. I only wish i had read some of the other terrible reviews before i made my purchase. Any body who tells you they have had a positive experience with Ozzy have either never had to deal with their shocking customer service, or are simply too ignorant to see that they have been ripped off by this blatantly disgraceful company.

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Jake, I thought this issue was resolved. You said you wanted the pcd holes redone as you were told they are unsafe. I told you that we cannot do anything about the offset and you said that was fine... read more »

I will not be removing the review, and i stand by every statement made in it. The pcd holes were re-done but this review speaks to my entire experience with your company, starting with illegal whee... read more »

Great service and communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Made a purchase online, used the 16 month interest free, after a week was advised the tyres were out of stock and would I be prepared to wait another week or take the mud warrior instead, was happy to wait, instead they sent 285's instead at no extra cost that same day, took 3 days to FNQ, fast shipping, everything was packed well and nothing was missing, fitment went without any issues, very happy with the quality of the wheels and tyres, Nathan kept me up to date with emails and phone call, thanks Zee and the guys, very happy hassle free purchase.

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Great to hear of your experience. Thanks for your kind words and we hold our heads up high proud to deliver the best experience.

Verified Customer

One of the worst car related experiences of my life.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

On Tuesday 20th February at 4.30 pm, I delivered my car to Ozzy Tyres at 606 Princes Highway Rockdale for the supply, fit and balance of four Pirelli Tyres. I was asked to pay for the job prior to it being done and finished. I did so. When the job was finished I noticed that two of my wheels were damaged. I asked that the tyres be taken off and the old ones put back on. I asked for a refund of the fee of $1,590.00. this was refused. No offer of compensation or rectification was made. I was told that the boss would call me the next day. My car was driven off the hoist, the fitting station and office closed and I was left in the vacant car park with my damaged car. I was very upset and disappointed with the way this work had been done and at the treatment I had received. I telephoned the boss the next day who reprimanded me for my behavior the previous afternoon. Saying that it was unacceptable for me to make a fuss about the situation. I suggested that he should have called me, apologized and offered to repair the damage. He behaved so aggressively and threateningly that I am not willing to deal with him in anyway again. I took my car to LSR body repairs and got a quote for the repair to the two wheels of $500.00 exactly. This is the amount I am claiming from Ozzy Tyres. I have been in touch with The Office of Fair Trading who negotiated a settlement of $100 compensation. I am now trying to collect the $100.00 but no one will get back to me. Don't be sucked in by the apparent prices at this establishment. The staff and management really couldn't care less about their customers.

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Roy, Sorry to hear of your disappointment. I remember you rang us here at head office when this happened at Rockdale. I rang them and asked firstly they told me how you disrespected them when speak... read more »

Great communication

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

All done over Facebook message including finance, speedy delivery and all is well brad was very helpfully selecting wheels and ease of purchase

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Thanks. Great to hear of your positive experience.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Best variety and best value

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Online guided me, over the phone got me. Our Range Rover Velar had few options but their growing range prompted me to call to see what was out there, and Brad helped us make a choice.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Great to see we could be of assistance. Please email through some pics as we would love to see how it turned out. Thanks Rick.

Liverpool

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

Went in to the store to purchase 4 new tyres, two different sizes, Waza helped me to choose the tyres and assured me of the figment etc. this is the second time I have been back to Ozzytyres at Horton Park and Waza has always been very helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend Ozzy to anyone looking for tyres and or rims!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Rob, Great that the Hoxton Park store helped you out. We have been there for over 20 years and thrive on great customer experiences like yours. See you soon.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Definitely will do it again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Purchased 5 rims and tyres online, awesome experience dealing with these guys, couldn’t be more than happy with the service, they keep in touch till they make sure you have received your stuff and you are happy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Great to hear.. we cant wait for your next experience....

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Absolutely awesome to deal with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

100% recommend dealing with Ozzy! Was a pleasure to deal with Brad, very professional and great communication, love the wheels and can't wait to see them on my Focus st!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Dave, thanks and welcome to team Ozzy.

• 2 helpful votes

Love them wheels!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Did an online purchase and it got delivered the next day. Thanks to Bradley who gave me a killer deal and help me through the purchasing process.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Derek, great to hear you love your wheels.... So do we !!!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Would 100% recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Great service, fast shipping, when there was a small issue with my order the guys at ozzy tyres upgraded the tyres on my wheel & tyre package and threw in a spare wheel as well, always great service over the phone, wheels came already balanced and fit perfectly!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Lachlan, enjoy your wheels and thanks for the review.

Emerald City

Super Sharp Pricing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Googling the tyre size I wanted revealed this company's website which I used to do an on-line purchase. Nothing could be easier and to put the icing on the cake, the tyre I was looking for was in stock with a very generous discount to boot. Whether this was the trade-off to make up for the 2416 build date or not I couldn't say, but the call for 215/50R13s is probably quite low and they were likely the freshest available in the country in any case. The delivery was equally brilliant with a courteous carrier dropping them off within 3 days of the order. I'll be back for the next set, so pleased was I with the service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Thanks for choosing Ozzy Tyres mate. We are really happy you loved the service, product and the price. Hope to see you again soon. Take care!

Perth

Verified Customer

Brilliant outcome and easy to do business with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Enquiry online initially and then contacted by Brad over the phone. Very Helpful and efficient with plenty of info on when i can expect my wheels and tyres. Great outcome and friendly to deal with.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

We are really glad you are happy with the service provided and hope that the your car is looking great with new wheels! Take care Aaron!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Always A Pleasure!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

very good service and communication between me and brad, very helpful, wheels and tyres shipped the nest working day. have purchased a few sets of hussla zen wheels and nitto tyres also. Did have an issue when the wheel was marked and brad was all over it and wheel was replaced no questions asked! if your looking to buy a set of wheels or even tyres for your car...Ozzy tyres is the place to call!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

We are happy to hear we could make your experience with us a great one thanks to the amazing customer service. Take care Dave and thank you for the review. Cheers!

Calderwood

Simple easy transaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Great service and communication, found the wheel and tyre package online, gave them a call and spoke to Brad, really helpful and easy to deal with, wheels and tyres were shipped quickly. Recommended for great service and product

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Thanks Andy, we are always happy to help. Hope the new wheels are looking great. Cheers mate!

Canberra ACT

Outstanding service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

I purchased a set of 22” hussla’s and I couldn’t be happier with the way they look on my car. Ozzy tyre’s service is outstanding and second to none. I would recommend them to anyone who is after good quality wheels and great customer service.
I purchased them over the Easter weekend, and with that period of time being a public holiday, I still received my order in less than a week.
I will definitely be making any future purchases with Ozzy tyres.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Hi John thanks for the review! It's great to hear you were happy with the service and that the new wheels fit perfectly and look amazing. We hope to see you again soon. Take care mate!

Verified Customer

Unsurpassed friendliness helpful to the highest degree

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I looked up Ozzy Tyers online, with an unusual request. Brad went out of his way to help and source what I needed. His return communication was impeccable. He tracked down my request, kept me up to date the whole way, solved it in 24 hours , and I received my large item safely and promptly on the Monday ( I paid late Thursday and am 800km away). Because of this great service and cool guys , I have now asked Brad for another tricky request, and he solved that within the hour. I’m really stoked and will continue to do business with Ozzy Tyers and Brad- as this kind of service and good nature promotes loyalty.
I highly recommended them in all sincerity.
D. Rogers. Byron Bay NSW.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Thank you so much Darren! It is great to hear that you were happy with the service and the product. We hope to see you again soon. Cheers mate!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I bought 2 new tyres and got a wheel alignment done and I could not be happier with the service ozzy tyres provided, I would highly recommend them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

It's great to hear that we were able to provide you with a great service. We hope you're loving your new tyres and hope to see you again soon. Take care Brad!

Melbourne

Faith Restored for Exceptional Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I had a very poor experience originally, nobody getting back to me, the wrong wheels arriving and incorrect nuts. I recently needed an additional wheel and tyre, I was dealing with Brad and can’t thank him enough for his service particularly, he contacted me immediately and processed the order notifying me of each step carried out, I wasn’t expecting the wheel to arrive for at least a couple of days and surprisingly it arrived the very next day. I was orIginally disappointed with Ozzy Tyres but he restored me faith and would highly recommend their service and pricing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Thank you for the review Blair. We are happy to hear that after all your experience with Ozzy Tyres turned out to be a great one. We are always happy to help and hope to hear from you again soon. Have a great day! -Team Ozzy

Perth

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

I purchased online with help on the phone as well, very easy to deal with, prompt professional help which made the transaction pleasurable!
Delivery was very efficient had the tyres and rims delivered within a few days!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Great to see you are happy and hope to hear from you soon. Refer any friends and family and we will be sure to look after them the same....

Singleton

Verified Customer

Best wheel and tyre store

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

Excellent service and quality product.
Brad was really easy to deal with and his knowledge of the products was outstanding.
Would recommend using ozzy tyres to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ozzy Tyres Official

Great to be of any assistance.. Hope to hear from you soon for more products.

1 of 39 pages