Palmers Relocations has recently been offering their customers a chance to win a $250 prepaid VISA every month to encourage them to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers. This incentive applies to both positive and negative reviews.

Verified Customer

Excellent move, highly recommended.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Contacted Palmers on on a Monday for a move from Sydney to Melbourne. The team arrived early Friday to move my unit. Lots of stairs and some tight corners, but it all went excellent. The team was a well oiled machine. When my goods arrived in Melbourne it was exactly the same!! Two very good crews. Even the office staff were great, no many how many times I called in for a question or two or three, it was always welcomed. No hesitancy in recommending Palmers to anyone looking for a great moving experience.

Sydney

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Don't use them for overseas moves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

We engaged them to move everything from a 2 bedroom flat from Sydney to France, and their service has been appalling. What you need to understand is that for such a move they only do the work in Australia and work with a temporary partner overseas. Basically as soon as your container leaves Australia you're on your own.

We had countless issues. Among them:
- Despite promising "Delivery, placement, re-assembly & unpacking of cartons (to benchtop) upon delivery" only 20% of the boxes were unpacked (I had to take 3 days off work to finish the work).
- An additional 250 Euros at delivery despite having onsite parking. They stated it was "outside of their control". Apparently most movers play this trick though.
- They dismantled Ikea furniture and then refused to reassemble it. They never mentioned anything in any of the onsite visits, but later argued this exclusion was covered in the fine prints of the contract: 'You will notice in our service offering we mention under “packing and wrapping” we mention “Dismantle any items such as beds, tables and desks (basic items)”'. This came as a huge surprise, as I specifically asked the crew onsite when they were dismantling the furniture if the crew on the other end would reassemble it on the other side, and they told me (summarizing:) "yes, they're meant to, but they might try to get out of it. Make sure to show them the contract". When their partner refused to reassemble and I escalated to Palmer's director things got ugly real quick. His answer: "You have just accused my guys of advising something which they are specifically trained against doing. [...] This discussion is finished. If you are unhappy with the service offering, I suggest you escalate it through a regulated body such as the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)".

So, basically, I ended up on the other end with a bunch of boxes and most of the furniture to reassemble myself. Not exactly the "stress free, high quality and cost effective international move" they promised. And I was seriously annoyed at having been taken for a ride, and being called a liar...
Their sales guy is great, but other than that you should give them a pass for international moves. Use a company that covers the end to end process if you want peace of mind!

Move back to Canada Made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Moved my 3 bedroom unit back home to Canada. Excellent service, from pick up to delivery. Received my items last week and all was in tip top shape. Cannot thank the team enough for taking care of me during this hectic time.

Fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

While my move was local and small, it was still a stressful and tiresome experience for me. Being my first time, I had no idea where to begin, or that there were certain boxes for different item! Thankfully palmers had all the answers I needed. They gave me a wide choice of options, as well as a fair and reasonable price. I was on a tight schedule, and they understood that and managed to fit me in. The workers who showed up had outstanding attitudes and had hardworking spirits. Thank you, Palmers Relocations.

Phenomenal work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

I recently moved to another state and was beyond stressed on who i could trust enough with my belongings. Thankfully, Palmers was there to lend a hand and take weight off my shoulders. They showed up on time, packed everything up seamlessly, as well as ensuring it was delivered when needed. I wouldn't have been able to move without their help, and recommend them to anyone who has a big move coming up!

Absolutely brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Palmers helped me move my 2 story house a couple of weeks ago, and honestly was one of the most efficient and professional companies I have ever met. They arrived on time, were polite , and answered any and all questions I had with a smile. Their service was exceptional, and I will absolutely be recommending them to everyone I know.

Outstanding!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

I contacted Palmers and from the get-go was given outstanding service. They packed and moved a two story, three bedroom, one study apartment all in one day. Not only did they deliver to four different locations, they also disposed garbage at the tip - one less trip for me. The driver's / removalist's were all so professional and nothing was a bother. Highly recommend this Company. Seamless process.

Verified Customer

Made our move easy - great removal company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

We recently purchased our new home in Melbourne. Having moved previously ourselves and knowing the nightmare it can be, we chose to use a professional company this time to pack and move us.

Palmers Relocations were magnificent. They packed, loaded and delivered us all in one day and the guys worked hard all day and were really friendly making sure everything was done carefully. Was really impressed and would recommend to anyone looking for a good removal service in Mebourne

Smooth delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Palmers looked after my delivery, which came in from Hong Kong. The crew on the day were well mannered and managed to get the delivery done in half the time. They assembled some of my items at no extra charge and removed the wrapping debris too. Dealing with Diana, in the head office was great and she always kept me up to date with my shipment and its whereabouts. Customs were a pain but other than that I;m really happy with the service

Flawless

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Moved to VIC just last week and we are so happy with how things went. we moved out of 2 Bedroom and 2 bathroom home for work. Palmers assisted us with packing on the day as well as disposing of some unwanted furniture to charity. The service on pick-up and delivery end was great and I would definitely use you again if moving time ever came around again...

Another happy experience...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

I previously moved with Palmers, although only locally when it was still Greg, Winny & John running around. This time I hopped across to New Zealand to be closer to family in Dunedin. As I expected the service was great and I was well looked after on price too. The team on the day arrived on time, and provided all of that special wrap and boxes for my goods. The consultant, Taryn looked after me and Maria who organised all my paperwork was always quick in responding to my never-ending emails! Although my goods were stuck in customs a little longer than expected, all of my items arrived in good condition...

Part 1: Packing Up - Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

We are in process of moving and storing our belongings in Sydney for a 2 bedroom apartment. The team lead by Daniel were amazing, worked tirelessly, effectively and were genuine, lovely blocks. Such hard workers and got everything done in a day. Maria our primary move contact was highly communicative and responsive, making it all easy process to date. Highly recommend Palmers and will update review once we get through the part 2 at a later date.

Brunswick, Victoria

Best move yet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

We moved out of 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom home and relocated down to Melbourne for work purposes. Although the quote originally was out of our range, Palmers helped us out by matching another competitors quote. On move day, the boys, Lawrence and Paul, were polite and even assisted in moving some unwanted items to the front grass area of our home. Although a little delay in the delivery, I was totally satisfied with the whole process...

Point Piper NSW

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

You pay for what you get...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

Although Palmers was not the cheapest compared to other quotes I received, my family and I decided that we would go ahead with Palmers purely based on the fact that we liked the extra services they provided. In the end they did not disappoint. The came out and packed everything for us and then had some lovely ladies assist with the unpack at the delivery end. If you want a company that looks after you from start to end, Palmers is the one...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Second Move with Palmers - Still fantastic

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

We have moved with Palmers before to Melbourne and this time within Melbourne. The pricing was slightly higher than other quotes but used them as we trusted them last time.

Palmers packed our place and moved it the following day. Both crews were good but the actual guys who moved us were just phenomenal. There on time, finished by mid afternoon and smiled the whole time even with my marble table. Credit to the company and even though I hope to never move again (too many times now), if I did I would utilise this company the next time. Good work Palmers

Verified Customer

Would use them every time I move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

The move was for a 3 bed 2 bath townhouse. They moved us from Manly to Bondi Beach and the move started right when they said it would. The crew was very professional and friendly. They were super quick packing up and loading the house and the. On the other side were very fast unloading and reassembling the beds and outdoor table.

Great International Team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

I recently returned home to Canada after living in Sydney for the last 10 years. I made many great memories but home was calling and I decided it was time to make a return. The international team of Ron, Maria and the boys on the job, I think Dan was the team leader, were all a delight. They all made sure that I was well looked after and the communication between the pick-up and delivery was superb... I was amazed by how quick the boys could pack the house all in one day. The partners in Canada were just as good!

Thanks Palmers - From VIC

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

After being in storage with Palmers for the last 1.5 years, I decided to make the move south down to Melbourne. The delivery was smooth and amazingly no damage occurred. The team in both Sydney and Melbourne were very accommodating with the short turn around of dates between transit and delivery. I appreciate all the help :)

Singapore move done right

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I recently moved over to Singapore for a new start in life and chose Palmers to look after my move. I was well looked after by Taryn and the quote they provided could not be beaten. The crew who looked after the packing of my goods were polite and professional. It all happened over 2 days and before I knew it, I was receiving the delivery in Singapore. Luckily for me there were no delays and everything went smoothly.

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I booked Palmers about four weeks before my move from a large four bedroom house to a three bedroom about 15 minutes drive away. A couple of days before the move my settlement was deferred, and I didn't find out my new moving date until two days before. Jenny at Palmers was great, and worked everything out for me. The team arrived early on the day and treated all my belongings respectfully. They worked quickly and had the whole house on the truck in a couple of hours. They had to wait until settlement went through, and then unpacked at the new property. There's a really steep driveway, but they unpacked without a problem. The team were all very friendly and actually seemed to enjoy their work. Even the guy who came and picked up the boxes a couple of weeks later was friendly and happy. I can't fault Palmers. They may cost a little more than the others, but it's worth it for the piece of mind. They made the move so much less stressful than what it could have been.

1 of 5 pages