Melbourne

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Flatbed microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

The Panasonic flatbed microwave is excellent. Having no turn table makes fitting different shaped dishes in the cooking cavity easy. Heat is distributed evenly so cooking is even. Placing and removing items is easier as no tray has to be allowed for. The controls are simple to use.
It is a good kitchen appliance.

Comments
Panasonic Official

Hi Ella, thank you for taking the time to provide such informative feedback, it is great to hear you are happy with the flatbed technology.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Heap of crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

We have had this microwave for only 3 years and it’s died with a H97 error code. Even when it did work it was terrible. It was very slow and cooked unevenly. Eg. Two minutes to heat a cup of milk. This model is a heap of crap. Stay away.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Panasonic Official

Hi Hanksey4, thank you for the feedback. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we can provide you details for a service agent. to inspect the unit and rectify the H97 error.

I’ve already researched this and plenty of people have reported the same thing which is either cost prohibitive to repair or unrepairable. And they got charged a call out fee by your service agent.... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Jan 2017

NOT HAPPY slow cooking, blown globes and door hard to open

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Microwave is much slower then our old small sharp microwave that the Panasonic replaced, The light globe blew in first 24 hours of owning this microwave so they replaced the whole unit. after a few months of use door become very hard to open. at 10 months old another light globe has blown this time sent to repairer Ive now been with out a microwave for almost 4 WEEKS!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Lower Inman Valley, SA

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Aug 2017

A little disappointed :-(

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Having owned a multi function oven in my previous house (it was built in or else I would have taken it with me) I purchased the Panasonic NN-CF770M with the hope it would do everything it said it would. The first unit I bought - the light was not working from the start. I rang Harvey Norman where I purchased it from and they replaced the unit immediately for me - Great service. The second unit - the microwave function takes double the time of cooking as the instructions and heats unevenly. I haven't had a flat bed unity before so I'm not sure if this is the reason? I use the convection oven function a fair bit - it all seemed to work very well until a few weeks ago when it just cut off half way through cooking and rendered the whole system to shut down. The only way I could get it to work was to turn it off at the power and leave until the next day. It turned back on and so far so good. Im not sure why it shut down. I have used the grill function a couple of times and works ok. It is easy to clean but the cooling fan is quite noisy. The unit looks good.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

melbourne

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Ours Has Been Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

I see there are mixed reviews for this model - that surprised me because our experience has been all positive. It is n attractive machine, well designed and it cooks particularly well. Ok we mostly use it as a microwave for reheating food but we have had no problems at all and are completely happy with it.

Wyreema

Model: NN-CF770MQPQ Date Purchased: May 2016

2 out of 2 broke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I purchased one and within a week it was playing up would work every second time you would start it. After a week and a half I took it back and the replaced it with a new one and after just 2days it broke. Needless to say I asked for my money back and bought a new microwave of a different brand

Adelaide

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Good microwave and oven not so good grill.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I've had this microwave for almost 2 years overall I'm pretty happy with it except for the grill.

I have been really happy with the fan oven (convection) and use it regularly for smaller items as I normally only cook for 2. Found it perfect for heating frozen items and cooking things such as banana bread.

I wasn't all that happy with the microwave as it seemed to be underpowered. I would follow directions on packets and always found I needed to put things in for longer. I no longer have this issue as I found that you're not supposed to use the glass tray when using the microwave. As all my previous microwaves used a glass dish so this never occurred to me. Even after checking the manual it isn't made clear. Now that I've taken the glass tray out everything comes out as expected and I'm really happy with the microwave function.

The only issues I've had are with the grill. I don't use it very often but found when grilling some sausages it overheated and completely stopped working. I took it in to be repaired (no longer under warranty) cost about $140 to fix but still cheaper than replacing. I tried again to cook sausages and once again the exact same thing happened. The repair guy advised that it was just getting too hot when using the grill causing it to fail. Once again I repaired it as I was happy with the other functions.

I would recommend this product but recommend only using the grill for quick things such as melting cheese.

• 21 helpful votes

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Good but Microwave side could be better

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

Bought this to replace a small oven and microwave. Having had a combi before I had big expectations but considering I was coming from two separate appliances (microwave and oven) to a combi, I should expect things not to be as I expect. Oven is a not a powerful as my last one (but I did know that), but still does seem to take a long time to heat/defrost. The oven side of it is great. Being only 3 of us in the house, it's the perfect size. Not crazy about the combination cooking.

• 1 review

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Terrible microwave ok oven

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Simply the biggest mistake you could make if your after a great microwave. Side by side with other's microwaves we own this often takes TWICE as long to heat a simple dish. As an oven it is OK just make sure not to burn the rear of your dish as it doesn't spin. Terrible as a defroster as well.

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Use it all the time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Bought this on the recommendation of a friend but they had an older model. Probably not quiet as good as I thought it would be but having said that, I still use it virtually daily. The oven feature I use a lot rather than heating up the large oven. I can fit most things I want to cook in it on a day to day basis which I find very convenient. The microwave function is still plenty good enough and I like that you can fit larger dishes in it.

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: May 2016

Not good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

This is the worst unit I have ever purchased would not recommend the door keeps saying not closed keeps on turnig of I have it in my caravan at the beach so hardly used but out of warrenty panasonic your reputation is not good with this product going to buy another brand

North Lakes, Queensland

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Dec 2017

This is the way Microwaves should be.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

I just love it. I use it often as an oven if I have frozen pizza for example. As a microwave it takes little longer sometimes to get your dish warm enough, but you can fit in it larger dishes with no problem because of flat surface without rotating dish. It is easy to clean as well.

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Microwave doesn’t work well at all

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

We bought this as it’s a convention oven also but we hardly ever use the convention oven side of it. When we did use it, the convention oven does work really well. The pastry cooks fantastically. But we tend to use it more for a microwave. It can’t even cook the packets of microwave pop corn! I’m on lite n easy and I have to cook my meals for an extra 3 minutes to what it says. Even then I end up burning my mouth as in some spots of my meal is cold and other spots it’s steaming hot. I would buy just a microwave that does only one job and one job well next time.

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Worst customer service in the world

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Parts of this microwave missing from manufacturer. Tried to contact Panasonic Aust spoke to someone in the Philipines with no help. Then transferred to Sydney Customer Solutions didn't want to know about it. Then I called Head Office and again they didn't care or want to know. Asked for email address to lodge formal complaint and they refused to supply. In other words, if there is a problem with Panasonic products, all staff have been trained to steer customers towards spare parts to spend more money. Forget about warranty rights. You don't have any. Panasonic Australia, bow your head in shame. I can't believe Panasonic is still operating with an abysmal customer service department.

• 7 comments
  • 1 question
  • 12 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Jul 2017

My New Best Kitchen Friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

Never owned flat bed Micro before and am pleasantly surprised. Very even cooking on all settings - microwave, grill and convection. Grill and convection heat up quickly. Impressed with grilling function. Like the shelving. Just roasted chicken for first time and it is delicicious. Only thing this old traveller misses is a 24 hour clock setting.
Oh yes...and the Microwave is very good looking.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Excellent little oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I've been using the nifty little unit every day for a year now.

Microwaves well - warms up, reheats defrosts.
Oven function is great for baking all veggies (esp potatoes), toasted nuts, haloumi cheese, garlic bread and I even use to for warming plates!

As others have said, the beep noise is a little hard to hear and the inside lighting could be better. I would recommend it.

Everything working so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Bought this in 2016 and have been using it everyday. Mainly microwave and convection.

Pro: it does convection, grill, microwave and hasn't caused any issues (yet)

Con: It does take a while to pre-heat the convection and a bit longer to cook. Would suggest that convection is used for the small things like pies, rolls...etc

The fan noise to cool the microwave can be annoying, so if you have an open kitchen/living area

Tips: get a microwave dish cover, helps reduce splatter and cleaning the grill gaps is annoying. It could also help avoid rusting issues by keeping the steam in when microwaving

Otherwise, I'm happy so far with this item

Verified Purchase Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: May 2017

Small interior and a bit quirky

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

This was bought to replace a 30+ year old National Genius microwave that had failed. Even in its current state the original bulb is working! National was Panasonic's old name. So the expectations are high for this brand even if I've downgraded in model. I have only used it for basic heating thus far. The dial timer is quirky and only goes up/down in increments of 10 seconds. Another quirk this model requires a larger clearance around it for proper ventilation even than some larger models. Like others have said the cooking does seem a bit slow and it's supposed to be a 1000W microwave. At $588, the mark up on this model seemed high. Google searches at the time showed NZ prices were $100 cheaper than the price I bought it for. This exact same model was sold for $476 by Masters in 2015. I'm wary about the exposed grill elements and catalytic interior back panel. I much prefer an all metal covered interior for easier cleaning. Will try roasting with the convection function in the near future now I've bought a steam roaster microwave accessory made of silicone.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Melbourne

• 2 answers

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Useful, but takes some getting used to

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

Good size, generally easy to clean (the grill convection part is s bit tricky). The preset functions are good, but you do need to keep an eye on them. Seems odd thst you can only change time bu 10 sec increments, but you het used to it.
Microwave seems a little underpowered. What was done in 3 mins on old one can take 4 on this.
Probably better options out there. We got this on sale (dramatically reduced) last august st Harvey Norman, would not pay full retail for this. If you can get it for sub 300, then its a good buy, otherwise, there are better units out there.

• 3 helpful votes

Model: NN-CF770M Date Purchased: May 2015

Relied on the Panasonic name - big mistake

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

I agreed with the many comments re slow cooking and noise. Had mine less than 2 years until the magnatron failed, then the power supply, then the light, then power supply again before I finally gave up. I thought that with the expensive price tag that it wouldn't be a throw-away model. It certainly is. Apparently Panasonic don't give any sort of warranty on their own replacement parts - repairers will only warrant their own labour. Have already spent more in repairs than the original price. I don't believe any of the glowing reviews are original. Who would be so happy that they'd jump on line and write glowing reviews of all their household products that actually work for a few years? Why has Panasonic continued to flog these units for so many years when they're inefficient and don't last?

Purchased at: Appliances Direct Online