Model: NN-ST253BQPQ (Black) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Say No to Black

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Everything good performance-wise with this combination Microwave which meets my requirements perfectly. BUT it is the colour BLACK that is my beef ! All it takes is one finger on it and it requires cleaning because the black 'glass' shows every mark. Never again will I buy black!! Anne H.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Panasonic Official

Hi Anne, thank you for the feedback on your microwave.

Sandringham

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: May 2017

Good Classic Microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

When I grew up we had big 80s Panasonic microwave that still is in the shed and still works! I bought this because it's the classic traditional design and because it is Panasonic whom I trust, It is a smaller one but it works flawlessly and has a simple no nonsense layout with clear unconfusing menus. I like it and it works well.

Purchased at: Myer

Comments
Panasonic Official

Hi Smurf5 thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your loyalty to the Panasonic brand and we are pleased to hear you love our products.

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

stupid design

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Setting it up, found silver cardboard stuck on side wall so took it out.Turns out it's a "waveguide cover" that isn't supposed to be removed! Able to slot it back into place but slightly bent. Googled and it could be dangerous so won't try to use it.I doubt I'm the first person to be caught by this. And why on earth would they use something like this which can't be wiped over when there are spatters??
Just wanted a basic one to replace my previous LG one (a good buy but oldish now and making funny noises!)
UPDATE upgraded rating from 2 to 3 stars old . Previous microwave was 7 years old, it seems all the manufacturers are using these covers now BUT there should be clear warnings - perhaps a label on the door?

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Reliable, affordable, and consistently delivers!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I have never had a problem with this microwave. I bought it from a seller on eBay in December 2017 and it has been consistently delivering us great food in no time at all.

Make sure that you measure the dimensions of the space you are putting the microwave into as this may be the only issue!

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Traditional simple microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

This is my third Panasonic microwave sine the 80's! They are always reliable and well built. I went straight for this one firstly because of the Panansonic name, but also due top the simple but solid construction (like me). It has clear, well laid out menus without too much jargon and works every time without an issue. I suppose when this one finally goes, I will get another Panasonic in another 15 years!

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Excellent Microwave - Never failed me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

OVERVIEW: I love this microwave. Not only was it affordable, but it does exactly what I need it to do.

USE: I use it mainly for reheating items, defrosting, and sometimes cook mug-muffins inside it. For all these tasks, it is excellent.

CONS: The only con I could say is that it is quite a large microwave for the amount of space that is inside the unit. This really isn't a problem for me, though it may be for others.

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Simple And Effective Microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I am please with this microwave as it keeps everything nice and simple and just works. I dont want to spend my life reading manuals! It is well constructed and feels like a reliably made machine. Cooking works as expected although I mostly use it for reheating and the occasional defrost. I trust Panasonic and expect to have it for many years

Verified Purchase Model: NN-ST253W (White) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great Little Oven

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

A well built microwave from a respected company. It does the job but the buttons could be a lot more touch sensitive and a door handle would be better than a button. Would be perfect for small kitchen in a unit or a studio. Would recommend for the price. Cheers.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Comments
Panasonic Official

Hi Insi, thank you for the feedback on your Panasonic microwave.

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great Panasonic Microwave Always Reliable

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

We are very happy with this simple and reliable Panasonic microwave. Our Last one that we had for nearly twenty years was Panasonic too and we know they are a very reliable brand. The menus are very clear make good simple sense. It heats food very thoroughly and reheating works well too. It looks smart in the kitchen. I couldn't be happier with it.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

melbourne

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Nice Microwave Works Very Well

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

This was a good choice for a microwave. It is good looking and unassuming in the kitchen but is also very reliable and does just what I need. I recently tried one of the food delivery companies and this can prude a full plate of delicious dinner in two minutes despite its smaller size. The menus are clear and simple and the controls easy to push. I think anyone looking for a slightly smaller model would be happy with this.

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Looks Good Works Well

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

I trust Panasonic for microwaves. We had them growing up and it was an obvious choice for me to buy this brand. I am glad I did as it works reliably and is well made.. Cooking times are fast. Sometime seven faster than recipes say so I think its microwave output is quite strong. It cooks very evenly and it looks very nice in the kitchen. I am happy with this machine.

Purchased at: RetraVision

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: May 2016

Good Reliable Microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I rely on this microwave quite a lot. It does a brilliant job whenever asked and always performs as expected. Its a slightly smaller size, which suits me fine. The menus are simple and logical, the construction is robust and Panasonic are a well known trusted company so I have no doubts it well last for many years to come

Purchased at: RetraVision

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Classic Panasonic Microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

We always buy Panasonic for microwaves and they are always good. We had them when I was growing up and they are still the best. They just work like you expect. All the menus are well laid out and make sense, It has plenty of power to cook quickly and its easy to clean. Build quality is good and strong. I recommend this model It's a winner.

Adelaide

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Well worth the money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

Bought one of these from Harvey Normans on a sale. Pretty good as compared to my previous Bosch Microwave. Even though it may seem small and only 800watt, it does the job pretty well.

Plenty of pre programmed settings for cooking the food available so you don't have to worry about time, temperature etc.
Also has a child lock feature which deactivates the button panel until child lock is reset, very handy.
Stylish, easy to operate and quicker to cook

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Good budget microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

I purchased this microwave through the Flybuys rewards program using my points on 19 July 2017, and it arrived 4 weeks later. Since August 2017 till now, it has been working well without any problems. Panasonic is a well known and reliable brand so the fact that this microwave gets the job done without fuss is not that surprising.

It heats up food efficiently and effectively. Because it's small, you can't fit in large plates. However it can manage most regular size plates and will be fine for everyday use for most people.

However my only concern is the long-term. As I have only used it for less than a year so far, I don't know how long it will survive. So my recommendation is that if you can afford it, go for a slightly more expensive microwave with more features. If you can't, then this is the perfect small microwave for apartment dwellers.

Macquarie Park

Model: NN-ST253BQPQ (Black) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Compact Microwave. Easy to use. Very light.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

This microwave is of a pretty good quality. It's very lightweight and compact. Does the cooking quite well.
Only problem is its capacity. Of course you can't have best of both worlds.

Pros: Easy to use. Good instructions booklet. Very reasonable priced under $100 when I bought it.

Cons: Small capacity.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Model: NN-ST253WQPQ (White) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great products

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I'm happy with this microwave and paid for $110 bucks, so worth the money, it's the best deal on Myer Ebay store, first I would not think 100 dollors microwave would be very good, turns out not too bad, I recommend this products for you guys to try, thanks !

• 5 answers

Model: NN-ST253W (White) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Replacement Cute Size Cubby Hole Microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

Easy to understand buttons used defrost and its working to perfection, pretty quiet doesnt make too much noise. Its pretty light weight even though its saying discontinued they are still on sale in the shops. very happy with purchase yet seeing as its a discontinues model price was not cheap.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: NN-ST253W (White) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great little microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

Purchased the Panasonic NN-ST253W 20L Compact Microwave 800W in late December to replace my old Panasonic microwave. Wanted a compact model with easy to use menu.
Settings instructions are fairly easy to follow, although I did initially muck up the clock setting.
So far its been great for warming food, cooking vegies and thawing frozen food. It appears to be quite sturdy and was great value for money.
On the down side, the menu does not have a second counter and the microwave is quite noisy, when operating. Having said that I find it meets my needs quite well and would recommend this model to anyone who needs a compact, basic model.

Fremantle

• 1 answer

Model: NN-ST253BQPQ (Black) Date Purchased: Apr 2016

As far as microwaves go this one works for me

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

The cooking results are fine, know your wattage and youll be right. The settings and features are straight forward to use and make ease of your microwaving routines! It is not too loud and seems very sturdy and well built. So recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a new microwave.

1 of 2 pages