• 1 question

Model: NN-ST663WQPQ Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Worked fine until it caught on fire...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

I'd always sworn by Panasonic microwaves. We had one growing up that lasted 16 years, then another that was still going strong after at least another ten. When it came time to replace our 12+ year old 'Genius' I spent a great deal of time looking at the features of all the different models out there, but decided to stick with the brand I trusted. When I saw that this model had a black plastic button (that wouldn't show fingerprints) and stainless steel frame, the decision was clear. I didn't like the incessant fan noise it made for over a minute (even if you'd only used it for 30 seconds), the door was noisy and clunky to shut, but I loved the other features of this microwave - they were new and improved but still able to do everything I loved about our old 'Genius' one.
I looked after it, wiped it inside and out regularly, washed the turntable, was very happy with it...
Until all of a sudden it caught fire about 13 months after we purchased it... I guess we just got a 'dud' this time.
Couldn't be without a microwave, but didn't want to spend precious time trying to have it repaired or replaced (probably out of warranty by a month at that stage anyway) or researching the pros and cons of other models or price matching them all over again. This time I went to Kmart and bought one for two-fifths of the price which looks almost identical and has a few extra features that I love.
This experience has taught me not to waste money on brand name electronics - clearly nothing is designed to last anymore anyway.

• 3 answers

Verified Purchase Model: NN-ST663WQPQ Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Good microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

This microwave has been really good so far. Heats in a reasonable timeframe, looks decent. It is a reasonable level of noise when it cooks.

One of the features I liked when we bought it is that you can select '10 seconds', '1 minute', '10 minute' cooking options. This is really handy - only thing that would make it better is having a 5 minute option.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Perfect! Can't live without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I am very satisfied with my Oanasonic microwave. Very user friendly and convenient. It seems very sturdy and well built. I can come to expect excellence from all Oanadonic products and this microwave is no exception. Cooks cakes brilliantly. Very reliable. Well done ONafonuc! You e find it again. Would highly recommend.

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

great, but a bit noisy.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

The microwave is very powerful itself and has many useful functions that you can benefit from.
it is very efficient and heats up foods very quickly and reliably. For its power, it is genuinely quiet and would benefit a house with a baby. The looks from the outside are also quite amazing and make it look modern compared to other styles. Would recommend to family and friends.

Encounter Bay

• 3 comments
  • 11 helpful votes

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Good quality

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Well built and good and even power, sturdy construction. Easy to use and navigate the controls. The microwave is fairly quiet and is a benefit in an open plan house. Large capacity and takes your large dinner plates or a number of small bowls for multiple cooking or reheating. Clock is very accurate and doesn’t vary like some i have had.

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

heats quickly but defrost option does not work as well as I would like it to.
Cooking results is great. Settings are very easy to use and understand.
Not so loud.
Seems very sturdy.
however, if you're not into the 'cooling' technology- don't buy it. Cooling time before microwaving again takes to long.

Perth

Model: NN-ST663WQPQ Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Love this microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

The microwave is very efficient, heat very quickly and my favorite part it has a defrost mode which does the job perfectly. The microwave is several options like what type of food you want to heat if you want to reheat, auto-time etc. I don't really use those ones but the basic option does the job amazingly

• 1 answer

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Jan 2013

Good unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Good microwave. Cooks food good can’t complain. Has lots of presets to play with. Turbo Defrost is a great function. Power level can be adjusted easily. It is a good family sized microwave. Reliability seems good long-term, it gets used on a nightly basis and no issues as yet. This model has an Inverter.

Model: NN-ST663WQPQ Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Okay microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

It's a good microwave but if you're interested in your health I don't support using microwave ovens becauae of the micro-waves in there. They break your foods good vitamins and protein, all the goods you are expecting to get from food. But for a quick fix, microwave is a good helper.

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Handy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

As a microwave it's a great size however and it is a great microwave. Basic to use and does the job well. It's not very loud which is nice but hard to hear the bing. The microwave looks great.

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Big and wide.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

I love this microwave, had it for 4 months. So quiet, it is deep, which I love. I live the keep warm feature as it keeps dinner warm when the hubby gets home late, no reheating required. It is made very well, sturdy and high quality, easy press buttons and door opening. Live the flat bed, makes cleaning a breeze. Perfect rice, defrost. The best microwave to date for us.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Doesn't work after less than 3 years!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

When it worked it worked well but the irritating "cooling" function seems to have taken over. Occasionally it would go into cooling instead of starting, over time this has worsened and now it doesn't start at all, only goes into cooling mode. Haven't even had it for 3 years yet!

Purchased at: Victoria's Basement

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Apr 2017

A great microwave!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

The microwave has provided good cooking results, it is easy to use and has simple features, the microwave is a bit loud but does a good job, it is a strong and sturdy microwave would definitely recommend you to buy it if looking for a good microwave its worth the money

brisbane

• 1 answer

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Perfect size microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

I love using this microwave. It cooks in the time indicated, for most meals, and is large enough for a family of six. My kids use it daily for hot chocolate to noodles and it is the perfect partner with my stove for complex meals. The hinges are so far kid proof and I like the look of it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new microwave.

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

This is a powerful microwave and it heats food up faster than my old microwave. The food sometimes is not evenly heated but that's just a general problem with all microwaves when you just want a fast heat up . If you heat things longer than 1 minute its perfect .

Model: NN-ST663W Date Purchased: Jan 2017

This is good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I'm satisfy with this microwave. It looks good, before I purchased this model, I've compared with other model. I like the brand of it and It's a good one to use. The exterior color looks good and inside is also good too. It works well and instruction menu clear to see.

Brisbane

Model: NN-ST663WQPQ Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Powerful microwave

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

The microwave is powerful cooking anything I put in it perfectly in no time. Food is always hot when it comes out and I don't have to wait long. It's quick and you don't even realise it's cooking until you hear the beep when it's ready. Very impressed with this product

• 10 helpful votes

Model: NN-ST663WQPQ Date Purchased: May 2016

Can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

A m a z i n g !!!!!
Works so well with all food and doesn't leave anything half warm/ half cold. Everything is heated equally which I love!!!!! Would defiantly recommend this to everyone! Fits well in every convenient place in the kitchen! Easy to use and all round fabulous!!!

Model: NN-ST663WQPQ Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Best microwave I've ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Super fast, not very noisy, easy to operate, easy to clean, looks great in my kitchen, the door closes well and is easy to open. usually i have a lot of trouble learning how to operate new appliances but this microwave was incredibly simple. i highly recommend this to anyone that needs a NEW MICROWAVE.

Melbourne

Good and reliable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Reasonably priced.I have had this microwave for a few months now, and can say the only fault I have found, is it does not have a handle for opening.
Great microwave heats thoroughly. I needed reasonably compact and visually pleasing, but still wanted a good sized interior. Oh and it is a breeze to clean

1 of 5 pages