Poor Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Phoned Pascoes 7.00 am plumber came out at 10.30 am and didn't own right tool that was needed. Another plumber was supposed to come and was a no show. Rang Pascoes 5.15pm ..told he was 20mins away another no show. Phoned again didn't answer phone. Extremely unreliable unless it is a big paying job.

Stood up twice in one day

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

Leaky kitchen tap with water dripping out when tap is turned off. Booked an appointment 1st callout day before and explained we needed early as possible appointment cos we had to leave for the hospital once done. Received a text reminder to say between hours 6-7.30am with a call 20 mins before arrival. Approx 8am received a call saying plumbers car broken down & won't have a plumber til after 10am which would be too late...rescheduled for 5pm that afternoon as one of their other plumbers who lived nearby could do the job that afternoon...guess what it is now 6pm & NO PLUMBER.
Very disappointed guys...if this is what you call customer service then i hope other people who get let down by you use this forum to alert other customers. Pascoes no thanks

Dishonest, Over Quoting the Job

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

No, do use this company. I am disgusted at the over quoting to change out a gas hot water system. Silly me accepting it as I hoped I was receiving a fair and reasonable quote. I was so far from the truth that it is disgusting. And to make maters worse, I came home to find a mess where the plumber had dropped all the rubbish and off cuts of pipe onto the patio floor, even though there was a bin 2 metres away.
Then disconnects the gas saying the gas pipe under the house was leaking and will cost $1980 (Discounted from $3000 because they just did work at the house) to run a new line through the roof.
I got another plumber around you tested and found the leak behind the oven and fixed for $308.
WOW, over quoting on fabricated work. Disgusted and don't even deserve 1 star!

Very poor Service. wouldn't receommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

A very poor and disappointing level of service. First point of call was dealt with very professionally and it was insisted that a tradesman comes out to give a quote (I made it very clear I am looking for a quote in the very first instance). It was agreed upon that someone will come out after 5pm. I left work early to be home before 5pm. At 5pm, I received a phone call from the perhaps the tradesman who was assigned this job, he asked me what the job was. upon telling that I am looking for quotes at this stage, he abruptly told me 'the job will cost you $1000' and asked me to call up the office and say that I cancelled the job. When I told him that I will let them know about the quote as well, he asked me not to say that! By then I had enough of talking to an irresponsible and unprofessional person and told him I will call the office.
The person at the office was polite and dealt with the matter best she could but at the end of the day a very poor and disappointing service with no intentions of going out of their way to make the customer happy.
I will not recommend this business.

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

I made a call to Pascoe's this morning and they told me they would be out between 8.30am and 11.30am. I made a follow up call to the office at 1pm only to find that they had the wrong address, then advised me they would be out within the hour. Another follow up call was made and advised that they would said another plumber within the hour. Same day service is certainly not there motto. Won't be using them again.

Overpriced - fleecing customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

We recently had Pascoe's come out to our house during normal business hours.
The job was to fix a sewer blockage - downstream from our house.
The first guy came out to confirm what I already knew. A second guy came out with a water blaster and cleared the blockage in 5 minutes - unpack and pack up took 20 minutes. The second guy didnt have a camera on him - so a a third guy came out with a camera. Took 2 minutes to find the issue. Unpack and pack up was 15 minutes.
Total cost $1,200. Our local plumb - with the same gear - told me that he would have charged $400 maximum. Pascoe's are a rip off... and I write this review for all to be aware.

OH while they were there they tried to tell me that I needed a service on my hot water system (that is 3 years old). It would cost $400.

Never even showed up

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Have an issue with our water heater system, called and booked someone to come out (called Sunday, told too busy that day, booked for 4-6pm Monday) left all contact details and told that someone would be out around that time and call ~30m ahead of time.

No call and no one showed up. When trying to contact them to find out whats happening i get through to a message bank and have not heard back. Good stuff pascoes....go eat a bag of them.

Don't call Pascoe's call someone else

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I called to get a quote for fixing whatever was leaking as our floor was always wet. Was told the toilet was leaking at the base. It could not be fixed because it would crack when removed, needed a new toilet $1,250 was going to give me at the special price of $850. Had to pay half up front (not refundable) and they would install it the next day. They take credit card but don't tell you they charge extra for that. Paid the rest after installation the next day by cheque. The removed toilet was totally intact, nothing was broken. A couple of weeks later got a call from the accounts department they had lost the cheque, could I write another one. I told them I was not happy, that I had not needed a new toilet and asked for a price reduction. They repaid me $150. My cost now $700. Could have got it from another plumber for $550. We had the identical leaking problem in our rental. A plumber fixed the leaking toilet for $175. Totally disgusted at being lied to. Save yourself grief and money and get yourself 2 quotes, preferably from two other plumbers.

Perth WA

Verified Customer

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Called because of tv add saying we are there within an hour or it's free, I rang before 10am and they came out at 4 on to fix a tap that wouldn't turn off. The person did nothing except say he couldn't fix the tap, because the seating was worn out, without putting a new tap on ($820) which I have since seen similar for $250. He couldn't even put a stopper on so that I could turn my water on, he said some else would come later to put on a stopper nut which happened at 6pm. And someone else would be out early the next morning to finish the job, that never happened and still is not fixed and still no phone calls to say why.
I have since spoken to another plumber who said there is no way he would know if the seating plate is worn out, without taking out the washer and having a look. It has now been two days, for a tap washer, and still not fixed. Between supervisors too busy to answer calls and so called system breakdowns. I haven't had any joy what so ever.
Would not suggest these people to do anything. They advertise a lot of things but don't deliver anything, except up selling products that are overpriced.
After over two days I went too Bunnings got the tool needed to take the extender off, and replaced the washer and now it is fixed, cost me $9 for the tool and took me 1 hrs too drive to Bunnings and come back and replace the washer, and I am 65 years old.
All the lady said, when I rang pascoes was, "well done " that is better than what I can say about pascoes as a professional business.

annwyatt@iinet.net.au

Verified Customer

Consumer Affairs & Plumbers Licencing Board Required

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Called out Pascoe’s regarding 2 dripping taps, ended up with a new hot water system and pressure reducing valves, all installed within an hour, costing $4165 after the “plumber/sales person” said the pressure from my hot water system was causing the dripping taps. I had 4 plumbers from Pascoe’s around to fix the taps over the next 2 days and they all left saying they needed a special tool. I called Consumer Affairs who immediately sent out an investigator and a Plumbers Licencing Board inspector who inspected the system and slapped a non-compliance order and rectification notice on the company and the faulty new hot water system. Pascoe’s had to return and fix all the problems. This whole process took 6 weeks. I got another company out to fix my two dripping taps cost $530 and took 30 minutes to install. We got taken for thousands of dollars after we fell for Pascoe’s misleading sales practices.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Fast, reliable and well priced

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I can’t thank Pascoed enough they had someone out to fix my stove same day and the gentleman also fixed another issue he found. He was polite, professional and I didn’t get ripped off. I had a party to cater for and they were out within 3 hours. Excellent service

• 1 question

Expensive hws.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

Called Pascoe plumbing promptly got a quote for slightly over $3000, accepted the quote and shortly afterwards the Rheem 90ltr storage system was replaced (same day). Next day our usual plumber was called in to replace a mixer on the kitchen sink. I mentioned to him what had transpired the previous day and what I paid for it and was told that he could have done it for $1000. Was I Happy!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Have never been let down

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

Excellent customer telephone service, immediate attendance, friendly staff and installers ,professional and clean when job was done...very highly recommened .

Private message

Definitely get a second quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

Called Pascoe’s to simply install a new vanity unit, I had removed the old one & look into my kitchen drainage issues.
They couldn’t install the unit that day as promised, and had a look at my sink poured some acid down the sink didn’t fix the issue charged me $165.00. Rang back that afternoon and quoted me $1280.00 to complete both jobs, couldn’t believe that I had wasted so much time with these rip off merchants. Both jobs now completed for half their price.

Private message

Dishonest, misleading, Do not use this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

Was grossly overcharged, taken advantage of being single middle aged lady & trusting. Quoted $1200 for 3 RCD”s & 2 smoke alarms. Took me for a ride & offered me discount price of $900. Still grossly overpriced. Since found out Icod have got job for $500. Partly blame myself, but was fed so many lies and crap. Morally incomprehensible. Do not use this company. Also promised me a hard copy of Safety Certificate, alas I am still waiting.

• 3 helpful votes

Licensed bandits

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

Grossly overcharged. The free call out fee is irrelevant. 1 simple tap installed and charged $700! When itemised discovered that we were charged $90 for a part that costs $5 at Bunnings. DO NOT USE.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Con men.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I bought a new apartment, knowing that the hot water system would require replacing (the tank was visibly rusting to bits and sitting in a pool of water).
I called Dux and was quoted a minimum cost of $900, but that may rise depending on other work that may or may not be required, however they couldn't come until after the weekend. I therefore called Pascoes, hoping to get the job done same day. Pascoes refused to quote over the phone, despite me telling them that I wanted a replacement system, however they promised a obligation free quote for no charge and also that they would complete the job on the same day. I therefore agreed to let them give a quote.
As I was working, my retired mother met them onsite on my behalf. The quote was $1450, including replacement of two valves. I told my mum to reject this quote as it seemed high relative to the quote from Dux, but she was then told that she would have to pay $165 as the tradie had spent time diagnosing the problem (which was ridiculous as we had already told them that we wanted a replacement!). She reluctantly went ahead with Pascoes but made it clear to them that she was very unhappy and felt like they 'had her over a barrel' with their non disclosed $165 fee.
If they weren't such con artists, they would get a higher rating as their work is fine. They'd subsequently get a better reputation and more business and not need to rip people off to make money!

Private message

Beware! Get a second opinion, or better still call someone else!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Pascoe's came to fix an issue we had with regulating the hot water in our shower and also our gas space heater wouldn't stay lit.

After lots of dramatic language about the age of our instant gas water system (about 10 yrs) and the apparent dodgy installation - "you could all die!". It was announced we need a new instant system for $3700 or a more "economical" storage system for $3300! ("Oh and we do finance!") Along with this verbal quote, he added that he would have to report our system to the authorities and they will come around in 3 days and turn off the gas!!!!

When asked to look at the space heater, he offhandedly said "I won't look at that" and gave me a name of someone who would.

Needless to say - we did call someone else for the entire job. The following day, a wonderful plumber that deals specifically with Rinnai fixed both problems in under 2 hours at a charge of $330!

Beware of Pascoe's business model - they might be free to call out, but misleading consumers for profit is disgusting.

I Agree Get a Second Quote and Most Expensive Plumber Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Massive overcharging on Hot Water System. Would not recommend Pascoe's Gas &
Water unless you want to pay $500.00 for 2 x valves. They did install same day however was very disappointed with the fact they take advantage with over pricing knowing you need to replace unit immediately. Shop around if you can.

Get a second Quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Do not use their services without getting another quote first. I was hugely over charged for a simple service by nearly twice the amount you would expect to pay.
I was starting to think they just ripped off older, single women but by the sounds of the other negative reviews here, they do it to everyone.

1 of 22 pages