LACK OF SERVICE ...NEVER AGAIN.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

as per phone call to office today.....lack of communication and service.

31st August ...... (NAME) came to fix hot water tap and cracked the sink and also put in new taps in the shower and he chipped the tiles.....he left saying the .(name)..... would come on the Monday...waited all day and he didn't come......Here it is a week later and still no outcome.

Rang the office first thing Tuesday 4th and complained id waited all day.....I was asked would i be home all day they would come again.....so i then rang again at lunch time to check...yes this afternoon....at 3/30 ??? rings to tell me there is no sink....so why did i sit home all day under the impression someone was coming to put it in that afternoon when a phone call earlier or the day before would have sufficed....so that was 2 days sitting home .

????? said that ???? would come out on the Friday with pics of sinks and i was to pick one and I was to pick the time.....to get it over and done with i said 9/30.......at 10/30 after hanging around again I rang ???? and told him what ???? said and he new nothing about it.....said he would ring him and get back.....i waited again and still nothing then rang the office again.

I asked to speak to the MNG but didn't get through under the impression it went to Supervisor again and he wouldn't accept responsibility for the lack of communication and the msg came back there would be someone in the hr....by this time another 1/2 days has gone and wasted my time.......so here i sit again waiting for someone to come out within the hr.....will they ??

Believe me by now no apology will suffice.....I've cancelled things on and off during the week expecting a service and there was nothing,

I can guarantee you I'm so upset about the lack of service and the inconvenience, neither me nor family or my many friends will ever use your service or should i say lack of.

So here it it 12.00 and ive just had a phone call someone is going out to pick up a sink and they will be another hr.....sadly i want it over and done with so have no choice but to sit and wait again.

Verified Customer

Don't be as stupid as I did!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Called Pascoe to service a leaking cistern, the guy first quoted $500 for full service WITHOUT any warranty, then tried to lure me to change the whole toilet suite (their own product) for $1500, while mine is only few years old. When I hesitated, he kept dishing out discounts. I sent him away. Another plumber came and charged $220 for both the parts and labour. Then I realised how stupid I have been in the past 2 years including paying them $2,056 for replacing an existing HWS to a Rheem 4-star 347 Series Gas Hot Water System (only to find out recently the system costs $900+) and $1150 for replacing 2 chrome cross handle taps, 2 LED down lights and an AIRFLOW large exhaust fan for the bathroom. Don't be a fool like me!

Designed to rip you off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Blocked pipe. First guy came out and had less plumbing tools than me, and im a gardener. His charge was going to be $200. He obviously couldnt fix it as id already tried. So he gave up very quickly, then said the only guy with unblocking equipment would have to come and the cost was now up to about $800. We had been ripped off. The 2nd guy that came was actually very good.....just a shame our experience was already ruined.
Dont use this company......find a plumber that is capable of fixing the issue first visit and has an honest pricing structure.

Started well then went down hill from there

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

Called Pascoe to fix leaky tap. Arrived on time. I chose them for their no call out fee. But charging a $165 investigation fee is cheeky especially when it only cost only another $55 to fix the pipe. The guy was nice and did a good job and that’s when things changed. He said they were offering a free safety check for hot water systems so I agreed. I knew our HWS was getting old and need of replacing but giving me a quote for $3300 to replace and install it was insulting to say the least. The guy changed from nice to nasty in seconds, trying to use scare tactics like it may blow up to get me to buy it. He actually asked to speak to my husband as he would understand better! Of course I turned down the quote. He rang me at work the next day and tried to get me to buy and I told him I have gone with another company who quoted $1176 supply and installed! Come on Pascoe’s stop being so greedy and listen to your customers. I will never call them again.

New Rheem 20 install

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Don't waste your money. I later found out from two other Plumbers that I was over charged by $1200 dollars to install a basic Rheem hot water boiler. I phoned Pascoe for the Breakdown of the Cost and for sure nobody came back to me. They do the job right but Ripp you off big time. Next time I see the Pascoes van they will the two fingers from me...!

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

They wanted x3 times the price of all other plumbers i called!! Total rip off shop around and don't fall for their quotes.

Rip off merchants

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I was charged $1056 to unblock a kitchen sink only to find out Pascoe's employ a sub contractor to do the work and he gets paid $170 sub contractor tells me if I'd have called him first would have charged $300.

Gross Overcharging

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

I engaged this company due to continuous dripping from an upper relief valve on a 50litre storage hot water system. I
was first told by the plumber it probably just needed a service. I questioned this and rejected it as the system was less than
3years old and the recommended service for this unit is 5 years and the dripping was the only problem.
He then agreed to replace the relief valve.
The plumber was on the premises for 15 minutes maximum. I later priced the replaced part on a Plumbing Sales site and
found the cost to be $39. The priced charged for the job was $419.15 with pension discount or
$462 for a non pensioner.
I find this cost to be grossly excessive for this job.
I have since contacted another plumber who would have completed the job for $165.
Do not go anywhere near this company. Lesson learnt!!

What a rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Had pascoe’s out to look at a leaking toilet. The plumber advised it couldn’t be fixed and a new one was required. I was told there was no call out fee but instead was charged an assessment fee which was never mentioned! They then quoted $650 to replace the toilet plus the cost of the toilet (another $650). I queried this and was told that the toilet we wanted was difficult to install and would take longer. Plumber told me it could be used 2 hours after installation. He then pressured me to get both toilets in the house done at the same time which I declined. A different plumber then arrived and installed the toilet- took all of 40 minutes! $650 for 40 minutes!!! Total rip off! He also then told us it couldn’t be used for 24 hours! Luckily I didn’t get both done or we would have had 6 people in the house and no toilet. Will NEVER use this company for ANYTHING ever again!!

Ripe off Merchants

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

being old and stupid i trusted there rep when he came to quote for a exchange of Westinghouse Gas electric free standing oven same for same $275 for Electrician as he had to rewire ?? $555 for plumber as he had to replace gas line with new fixtures (Valve and flex hose safety chain)the price bothered me so i queried it and was told that's the price no discussion Plumber turned up that day to do the job no Electrician plumber rang the boss and was told no electrician available till tomorrow so he left Electrician turned up 15 minuets later LMAO he apologized at least and arranged for another plumber to attend at 7am next day they arrived 7am Electrician was here 15 minuets simple detached old reattached new and left used nothing to do the job but his screwdriver for $275 Plumber was here for 3 hrs didn't have equipment to cut stainless chain so i loaned him my Chain cutter which he then proceeded to mangle beyond use $60 chain cutter is now rubbish when i checked around maximum price quoted for the job was $560 by all the other company's my fault for not checking the fun part was when they told me they had given me 10% discount because i'm a disabled pensioner so the bill was actually $830 this 10% they offer to anyone who books a Job !! and then to add insult to injury they charged me $8.46 for getting the money out off my savings Account
My Advice run the other way if they come to your door the tradies are good the management and Billing is a bloody Joke

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

Despite promising hot water that evening, they left a 90 yr old woman just home from hospital without a functioning hot water system. They never bothered to contact her or the building caretaker who stayed late to notify them of any problems. If my husband hadn't called for an update she might still be without hot water.!

Over priced and pushy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

I was quoted $3300 to supply and install a new HWS. The guy was a bit pushy and wanted to start the job the next morning. Later found I could get the job done for $2100.
Asked for a quote for an unrelated job and had no reply.
Give this company the flick

Ripped off.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

I got pascoes electrical out to fix a circuit breaker tripping problem. They came out and changed the breaker at a cost of $180.
A month later the same breaker played up so I called them again as a warranty claim. The electrician changed the same breaker to a slightly larger amperage and charged me $300. I had to get it done. On review I asked my electrical supplier I know how much the breaker cost, would you believe $3.21. I have rang the office 5 times now to question the extra cost, but always get told I will get the supervisor to ring you back,but never does. I will never use these guys again and I urge everyone else not to use this company. they are over priced, no call out fee yes,but they make that up in the charges. little do they know how they have lost a possible major contract. I guess I should of done my homework and went to the reviews site first and I see there are more negative than positive reviews. Lesson learnt.

WARNING WARNING WARNING

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

My elderly vulnerable father rang up to get a service on a 9 year old Bosch Instantaneous Gas Hot water system.
Pascoes Estimator must have been sitting nearby in vehicle with motor running, they were there in very short time.
Had a 3-5 minute look and said needed replacing, stated ‘anode’ was poor (there are none on Instantaneous Gas Hot Water systems).
Also circled on quote sheet ‘require attention’, which goes against Estimator’s suggestion needing replacement.
Ultimately the new system was installed illegally and Atco inspector issued a defect notice.
I followed up with Pascoes Supervisor, he stated Instantaneous Gas Hot Water systems only have a life of 8-12 years and invited me to ring Bosch.
Bosch said if serviced regularly should at least get 15 years, reality is not unusual to get 20 years plus.
Had been serviced in 2015 by a plumber that a peer plumbing organisation states he can be relied upon to do a good job.
Pascoes Supervisor says not a service as part of work involved removing a spider from pilot tube, therefore denigrating the work of another professional of alleged good repute.
Quoted job for a Rheem 12 plus free sink mixer was in the order of $2,450.
If by chance it was more viable to replace the old system because it could not be serviced, a same Bosch unit could have been bolted on for $1,150. However in all likelihood a service for $110 from the previously used plumber would have fixed the problem.
Complained to Consumer Protection and next step is Magistrates Court and Licensed Plumber Board.
My father is 86, very hard of hearing, has severe neuropathic pain and on strong drugs for that and some 5 days later ended up in hospital for 17 days. He was clearly not well when Pascoes came and UPSOLD into a new unit that I am of the opinion could have been serviced, they cleverly took the old unit away without permission so serviceability cannot be verified.
ALWAYS GET THREE QUOTES - IN MY OPINION THE SMALL LOCAL GUY WILL GENERALLY GIVE BETTER OPINION SERVICE & QUOTE.
Footnote: The subcontractor that installed the new UPSOLD system apart from the ‘ illegal aspect’ did do a neat good job installing the UPSOLD system and was very pleasant.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

Pascoe's were very fast and efficient. Also punctual. I had hot water again and I have had no problems since.

Excellent quality excellent efficient service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Needing whole new hotwater system. Called Pascoes
Within the hr a youngman was here for a quote. He explained what was wrong with old system . In terms i could understand. He attached a small temporary one for the evening so we could have showers. Full new system was installed promptly the next morning.

Rockingham

• 1 review

Overpriced and very dishonnest

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

We didn't have hot water, though the hot water storage was hot and pilot light was working. Without looking at the system, the Pascoes technician advised it was the tempering valve that was broken, that it would cost $500 to replace, and it was a quick fix.
He advised they would take these $500 off a new installation if we were to go with them to replace our system, selling it as "see it as a free fix, just do it today".

We accepted (turns out the quotes for a new system were more than DOUBLE any other plumber's) and a second technician came the same day with the valve. Upon having a glance at the system, this plumber advised that our system itself was dead, and replacing the valve will give us hot water, but maybe only for a few days.
We therefore cancelled the job, but the plumber refused to take the valve with him and left it on our bench before leaving... We were told multiple times that the managers would call to discuss, but never got that call.

My partner went into Pascoes offices to give the valve back, not before cancelling her card, having in the meantime read nasty (but apparently true) comments about them. She was told that this second plumber is leaving Pascoe and is on a mission to sabotage all his jobs before going.(...why send him then, if you know that!?)
She gave the valve back and got confirmation that no money would be taken out.. I should hope so, since nothing was done!

Got a call today from the Pascoes accounts, advising us that our payment bounced and that we needed to do something about it... Unbelievable!

Extremely dishonest, I will never deal with them again and will make sure no one I know does either

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Dianella

Fixed the leak!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Rang Pascoe’s around 4.30pm after I noticed a very large amount of water gurgling out of the ground! Sent someone around in about 35 minutes, investigated the problem and gave me a quote. Tom was here at around 7.30am to fix the pipe, did a great job in less than an hour! Both guys were very professional and helpful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Overpriced, overcharged, incompetent accounts department

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Thought I’m getting a professional and responsible quote, only after I realized they ripped us off as we needed the pipe fixed immediately. I accepted that’s our fault for not getting a second opinion. However we were overcharged on top of the already huge bill and wasn’t informed about the extra fee using credit card to pay. When we ask to be charged the right amount we had to call them everyday to do that for 3 days as they keep saying they will call us back to rectify, and never did. When they finally return the overcharged amount it was $80 less than what it should be!! We need to now call them again, starting the whole process. DO NOT USE THEM!

Rip off really, after thought

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Didn't realize at the time how much of a rip off the work I had done was. Needed the job done straight away. After wards realized that checking around how much extra I actually overpaid . Check out alinta gas prices first.

1 of 23 pages