Horrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

Deceiving sale saying 81% off but only 25% off in the actual store. Waited in line for about an hour just to find that the pricing was ridiculous! Went back the next day to return something as the item didn't fit and they said they couldn't return it because apparently if an item doesn't fit it's change of mind which is wrong. The store is overcrowded, there is stuff all over the floor and also the store smelt very bad. Waste of time and money, customer service horrible; Do not shop here.

• 3 helpful votes

False advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

This is ridiculous advertising...staff are so unprofessional I don’t believe they are still operating. I went to Gregory hills to buy a pair of sneakers after watching their ad for buy one and get one free. After going through a few pairs I found two which were to my liking and went to the cashier to pay for it. At this point the cashier calls the floor manager ([name removed]) who said that I can’t take the same pair as it can’t be from the same lot. I explained to him that it was from two different lots but he insisted that I can’t buy them and said I could buy them at a different which he quickly calculated. I told him it was misleading advertising to which he said either I buy them or not...my reply I will not pay any extra to the advertised price and took photos of the two different stand and left the shop...I will be reporting this to ACCC. I wish I had read the reviews before I went....can’t believe with such low ratings the regulatory body hasn’t taken any action so far.

Melbourne

• 1 question

An Expensive Op Shop Don’t Bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

If I could rate this with 0 stars I would. Went to the Dandenong South Store. The store looks like one big untidy teenagers room. Stuff everywhere and a weird smell. Never mind the bucket of water sitting in the middle of an aisle... the clothing looks second hand or at least 15 years old and the prices don’t reflect that! There are 3 different prices depending when you buy (very confusing) . Didn’t see any designer brands. What a waste of my time.

Private message

Wouldn't recommend unless you want to buy second hand items

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

The store is not clean and piles of clothes. The items didn't look new. For second hand items it's over priced. I couldn't wait to get out of that place. Wasted my time.

• 4 helpful votes

Might as well go to your local Op Shop

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

I saw the add thinking it was new designer clothes, Listen to the reviews on here and don’t waste your time.
I drove 40 mins each way for no reason, Even smells the same as my local op shop.
Second hand items at higher than new prices don’t bother.

Factory or op shop????

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2018

Be careful if buying in this store some of the item has been used and you can't return it. It happens to me and we complaint that's it's been used we were just told some of the item are pre owned. I'm shocked I thought I'm shopping In a factory outlet but I'm shopping in an opshop. Very disappointed. Not coming back.

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Worst retail experience of my life false advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

Like a bad opportunity or st Vincent’s shop, not an outlet none of the the things there people would buy new strange discontinued lines allot of the merchandise highly suspect false radio advertising lured me and family there and I could not have been more disappointed I love outlet stores in the USA which rate 10 this store is 0.5 of 1 don’t waste your time

Second hand shoes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Today 15/12/18 I purchased 3 pairs of shoes
Unknown to me the pair on the sale table is second hand the left shoe has a hole on the inside heel , the kind you get from wear
The right shoe that I tried on is in a new condition
When I called to explain what had happened I was told that’s what you get from a sale item and there is no exchange or refund so now I have a pair of shoes that I will have to throw away

Private message

False advertising and staff have unprofessional customer service skills. 2nd Dec 2018

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Paul,s warehouse at Gregory Hills. Suits were advertised as $50.00, all along the wall where they were hanging. On top of that there is a permanent advertisement with words to the effect that major designer brands are sold at cheap prices.
I went to the cashier with one suit and she told me that the price is $118.00. I pointed at the advertised price of $50.00. At that she told me that these is a designer brand and designer brand are not on special. I told her that that's fine but there is not notice there to say that designer bands are not sold for $50.00. At this point another cashier took over from this cashier started talking at top of her voice and telling me the same thing. This store is quite big and my partner who was at the other end of the shop could here what this lady was telling me, and came to inquire This lady lacks customer services skills. She was trying to raise her voice so I would keep quite. She further tells me that customers could have placed these suits in these racks. I asked her to show where the designer brands are kept, as all the suits were hanging where the discounted prices advertised.

Another staff took me to the rack however she could not find the rack that had designer brands. Nor she could show me where any notice was displayed to say that designer brands are excluded from the sale price. So she showed me a empty rack but that rack did not have anything to do with suits. It was just part of shirt rack. I later found out that this staff was the manager. At this point my partner and I was surrounded by 5 staff, who were trying to ambush me.
One of the staff said that this is advertised for $50.00 so everything is $50.00. however he was told by another staff that this is not the case. A male staff told me that I have to leave the store as I am arguing about the price. He stated that price is $118.00 and thats it. I told him that he can not tell me to leave the store as I am not aggressive and he is not the store manger nor the center manager. Then he changed his tune and said that we are closing in 5 minutes, and the cash register is all closed.
A customer jumped in the conversation saying that people move thing around (which I agree), however she did not know what issue was and continued saying that there could be lawyers around, which has threatening imputations . I asked for details about there superior officer but they advised me that they do not give any phone numbers or contact details or email and I have to try my luck to find them.

Staff lacks customer service and problem solving skills. Customers mostly know about the regulation that govern advertising, hence it would be advisable that staff adhere to the advertising standards that are regulated by the government. I would like the management to respond to this review and provide me an email address where I could lodge in a formal complain rather than reporting to Australian Competition and consumer commission (ACCC).

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

So much to choose from! RATE 3.5/5

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

They have great clothing and items. Not sure how authentic they are because I'm not sure if high brands such as Michael Kors would sell items to a store like this. I could be wrong, but I feel as though it's not possible. They easily manipulate u and waste our time by putting high-end brands in the "5 dollar section" and when you go to the efforts of trying the clothes and checking out they tell you its '40 dollars, 5 dollars excluding high-end brands'. Nowhere did it say excluding high-end brands, they will only tell u at check out. However, they do have really good deals and clothing that are unique and not common to find in regular stores which is awesome! can get loads of compliments with such little amount of money! would recommend, but be careful of so-called "high-end" brands

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Extremely cheap and decent employees

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

I bought this bomber jacket that was supposed to be 206$ from perry ellis, but at pauls warehouse they were 25$. They sell 20 dollars authetic vans and so much other treasure you can dig. Employees are mostly helpful, you might run into one or 2 impatient ones but it's rare in Melbourne shops.

Private message

Rude staff , shop is armageddon in layout, cleanliness, assistance, and locating items and signage.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I brought a pair of shoes that i was informed could not change as over 2 weeks. They were in the box, unworn but clearly faulty. I hadnt checked them till i went to wear them 3 weeks later. Glue and hole gap between material and seam of rubber.

Staff do not assist. They all socialise with each other. They turn the other way if they see someone coming to ask for help. I was so overwhelmed in this filthy gigantic and confusing store i just ended up selecting a box in my size and getting out of there. After i lined up in a 36 people deep line.

Rockdale store.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great Bargains, customer service is not ideal.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

I've been a regular customer since past 10 years, this store has some wonderful bargains and had no issues with authinticity of the products. However, it is a run out product store which sells the run out models which are atleast 1-2 years old stock.
The customer service is not ideal, especially if you want to return and I believe that is by design to discourage people to return. I didn't had a rude experience with them, but won't be surprised as most of the staff seems to be minimum wage overworked youngsters who are not trained in the customer service or to handle complaints.

Werribee

• 5 helpful votes

A bit deceiving

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

We had been here once before and got some good bargains. But the sale that was advertised this weekend 6/7 October was quite deceiving. Things were advertised as being 70% off were on the racks but when it came time to pay at the register in fine print it said these prices weren't available until 2019. If that was the case they shouldn't have been out . Very deceptive

Canberra

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

This place was once good and had a huge range of shoes, now it is not.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2018

The staff were very friendly (Fyshwick Store) and helped to the best of their ability, just don't expect to have your foot measured or assessed like you would at any other store.

There seems to be a lot less variety, brands and model of shoes available at this store compared to what the offered a few years ago (2013-2015). I had trouble with shoes, they did not feel right after I purchased them. Got a store exchange and had great difficulty finding my usual size in a brand I trust. The shoes also seemed overpriced, even at the "2 for 1 discount + any other discount", which used to be a good deal when they had shoes that fit correctly and had a better range of brands and models.

Lots of clothes that look cheap and overpriced and one of the shirts I got was an XL and it fits like a Extra Small!

The store is very messy.

This was a Disappointing experience, I won't be going here again or recommending to friends and family in the future.

Private message

Staff is very racist and poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

I totally agree with rest of other people about poor customer service. I was exchanging the items and guy went so aggressive for doing so. He insulted me badly and being racist and disrespectful to me. The guy has no manner how to behave professionally and respect women and kids. I humbly request the owners of store that you guys are spending million of dollars on your store why can’t you hire people who knows the meaning of good customer service. I was a big fan of this store and spend thousands of dollar but after seeing such insulting and disrespectful attitude I will never step up in Gregory store ever.

Private message

Great price, low quality.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Bought a pair of New Balance tennis shoes from here last year that lasted me no more than 3 months before holes surfaced in the bottom (usually get 1-2 years out of a decent pair MINIMUM!).
Also bought a pair of running shoes for preseason footy which unfortunately weren't supportive enough and I've been on the sidelines for 8 months with stress fractures.
It's been a bad experience to say the least.

2 dollar outlet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Place looks terrible like a 2 dollar shop. Aswell as the smell. Went to buy shorts for my sons advertisex for $7.50. So i grabbed a few. Went to cash register and was told that its the price for February 2019. False advertisement. Will never recommend to family or friends. Penrith store is a disaster.

Avoid at all cost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Horrible customer service at Dandenong. That's if you call it customer service! The so called manager [name removed] (a he/she), refused to process a claim through Asics (because it was 2 days out of the warranty) I told him that I rang and spoke to a guy during the to explain my situation and told me that it will be ok to come down. I turn up only to basically be called an idiot and a liar by [name removed]. I tried to explain to him that I am partially disabled so I couldn't come down during the week and that I had to wait until my husband could drive me (which was Sunday).
He kept refusing to process the shoes then eventually told me he'll do it on Monday.
I rang Asics on the following Wednesday to explain my situation only for them to tell me that nothing has been processed from that store.
I rang them the following Saturday explaining that I know my daughters shoes are there and that I'm coming to pick them up in an hour. I was told that the manager will call me on Monday. I persisted to say that my husband is bringing me now because my daughter needs her shoes. The 'manager' [name removed] gets on and tells me that he is going to process them on Monday....! He was going to originally process them last Monday. Complete liars and the attitude towards customers are horrible.
Never again will I spend a cent in there ever!!!

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Very rude to their customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2018

Hi, I was a big fan of this outlet till today. I bought a pair of shoes a week before and when I tried wearing it I found that this shoe has no quality and I literally fell down slipping many times. I've tried to explain this to their manager '[name removed]" thats what she told me and she was so rude to me. Several times I requested her to listen to what I am trying to say but she straight away asked me to leave the store and haven't shown any empathy. I would be okay if they wont give me a refund or another item but they have insulted me. Only the manager though while other staffs were watching this incident. I never had this kind of experience in my life anywhere and I am very very upset with this store. The manager didnt even look at my face when I entered the store and her behaviour and attitude was totally shocking to me. I really love this store and the discounts you gives their but I am very upset with the attitude of this lady and I will never ever visit this store because she is there. All my friends were excited to go there before when I told them i had a purchase but now they also dont want to buy from there. I do not need a refund or exchange but I expected them to behave nicely and understand what I am saying. Very poor management!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes