Wisemans Ferry, Nsw

• 27 helpful votes

Variety: DentaFlex Large Dogs

DOG IS SICK!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I don't buy this garbage but my neighbour threw one over the fence for my dog this morning.
She has had diarrhoea all day!!
I hate to think what these are made from, knowing Pedigree I assume they would be full of absolute garbage!!
Want your dog to have clean teeth buy raw bones!

Comments
Pedigree Official

Hi Shootingstar,

We're sorry to hear about your dog, it's definitely not the experience we want him (or you) to have. We'd be keen to chat and know more, please feel free to contact us on 1800 640 111.

PEDIGREE

Reading the other negative reviews regarding this product there is obvoiusly a problem with the ingredients. Was definitely this that caused her to be unwell as I feed her same food daily.

No good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Used to give these to my dog regularly. Never had any problems with them and my dog loved them. I'm not sure if they changed the recipe but had to stop giving them to him because everytime he head one he ended up vomiting about 5 minutes later. Won't but these anymore and don't recommend them either.

Comments
Pedigree Official

Hi Judy,

We haven't had any recent changes to our recipe but we'd love to find out more. If you could call us on 1800 640 111 we'd be keen to look into it.

Variety: DentaStix Medium Dogs

My dog vomits after eating these

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Have found out that once my dog has been given one of these ends up vomiting will definitely be buying a different product for my dog

Comments
Pedigree Official

Hi N.S,

We're sorry you haven't had a great experience with our DentaStix and we'd be keen to look into it. Would you be able to contact us on1800 640 111? Thank you.

Diarrhea-Inducing Dental Chews?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

We normally give our dogs (2 black labs, ages 3 & 1 year) Greenies - one stick per dog, twice a week. We ran out of the Greenies and saw the DentaStix while we were at Costco & thought we'd give those a try. They've each had 3 beef-flavored Stix in the past 10 days (one every 3 days, roughly). We have been battling constant diarrhea from both dogs (indoors & out - gross!) this past week & it finally dawned on us that the ONLY change they've had in their diet and lifestyle are the DentaStix. Our vet has stool samples to rule out any bacterial issues but one thing is for certain - the remaining DentaStix have been thrown out and we will be going back to Greenies.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pedigree Official

Hi Lab1Lab2, We're sorry to hear about your experience. Sudden changes in diets can sometimes cause upset tummies. We'd definitely be keen to know more. Please feel free to contact us on 1800 640 ... read more »

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Love!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

My 2 big bred dog loooooooove these! They are not only affordable but great size servings.

We are able to purchase them from woolies, coles, iga, vets, petstock shops and sometimes the reject shop

Comments
Pedigree Official

Thanks for letting us know Chlo! We're stoked they're fans!

Happy dogs - Happy life!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2018

I absolutely love this product - not only because i have seen the rapid change in my dogs oral health but also because they love it. It's a great treat to give them on afternoons or weekends while I read a book in the back yard with them.
Have recommended to many of my friends with dogs & they all love it too!

Comments
Pedigree Official

Thanks for the great feedback Fi! It's always great to get a couple moments of peace and quiet now and then ;)

Moe

• 2 helpful votes

Variety: DentaFlex Large Dogs

Dentastic done exactly what I had hoped it would do

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I noticed my best mates (my dog) breath had a odour to it everything looks fine in her mouth teeth and gums look healthy.
So decided to give the pedigree Dentastic a go after s little bit coxing and pretending to chew on it myself (PRETEND never came in contact with my mouth) she finally decided to give it a go so I imagine they mustn’t smell very appealing to our dogs. I think Dentastic does a pretty good job it definitely done what I wanted it to do and that was to subdue or erase the odour on my dogs breath. I didn’t want to have to physically brush my dogs teeth that’s not natural so once to two times a week I give her s Dentaflex and of she goes brushing her own teeth in a natural way happy dog happy owner no more bad dog breath thanks

Comments
Pedigree Official

Thanks for the feedback Mad Mira! We love the commitment!

Do not buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

The product makes my dog sick. Each time she has had on she ends up vomiting within hours. I would avoid at all cost.

Comments
Pedigree Official

Hi Emy,

We're so sorry your dog was sick. We want every experience to be a great one for both you and your dog. Please feel free to contact us on 1800 640 111 or at contact@aup.mars.com and we'd love to help.

Variety: DentaStix Small Dogs

Gets the dog running to me

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

My dog loves these so much, if she's outside and won't come in all I say is denta stud and she comes running, but due to the price I've rarely buy them now and have also cut them in half and only give my dog half maybe once a week so they it does last then.

Variety: DentaStix Medium Dogs

Dangerous!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

My dog chewed on one today 5.4.2918 and got a piece stuck in his top palette, he clawed at it to get it out and cut himself, plus then it took two adults to remove it.
Dog had bleeding mouth and swollen at the back of his mouth.

Diarrhea

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

I had my daughter dog sit for me. My dog started getting horrible diarrhea. He was given these dentastix by my exhusband, thinking he, was giving the dog a treat. Do not give these to your dog.

Cleaning vomit for 2 days

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

I don't know what motivated me to by anything made by Pedigree. I know better. We buy nothing from Purina or Pedigree. But I did. I bought the Dentastix. I gave about 4 of the stix over a two day period. On the evening of the second day my dog vomited all through the house. And refused food for two days. My Vet found nothing wrong except what he felt was a mild case of food poisoning. The pedigree dentistix went where all Pedigree and Purina products should go ... in the garbage. I apologized to my dog for my thoughtlessness.

Brisbane

My dogs are addicted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

My two fussy Collies are obsessed with these DentaStix - one of the few treats they'll eat with no persuasion. They appear from nowhere when they hear the sound of the alfoil packet crackling.

I'm happy with the nutritional content and composition (crude protein 9.5% and crude fat 2.6%).

They are intended to keep the dog's teeth clean and gums healthy, reducing tartar build-up by 'up to' 80%. My dogs' teeth and gums were healthy to start with, so I can only vouch for their maintenance.

They come in three sizes - small, medium and large. I buy the large. Prices vary considerably between suppliers. The cheapest I've found is at Aldi, but they have them only occasionally. Otherwise I buy them when they come on special in one of the major supermarkets or they're quite expensive given they are a daily treat, especially if you have more than one dog. You can buy them in packets of 7, boxes of 28 or in some places, boxes of 56. If you can get them for less than 50c a stick, you're doing well. (The recent Aldi special had them at less than 40c a stick, so I stocked up).

rip off

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

The first dentastix size were hard and good size.Now they are small , soft and more expensive as they used to be Typical for a good product to go down the drain for greed.Shame on you pedigree.

My dog's favourite.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

My active border collie x has had pedigree Dentastix since he was a pup. He is now 2 and a half years old and always gets complimented on how white his teeth are. My boy is very fussy and these are one of the few treats he gets excited for.

Also, they are reasonably prices, and I can usually get the value pack for $12-$13 from the shops.

I have never personally experienced any problems with the product, but would reccomend not leaving dogs alone with them, as our other dog rips chunks off and tries to swallow them whole- could pose a choking hazard.

Also, would be on the look out for potenial allergy problems reguarding the ingredients.

Variety: DentaStix Large Dogs

Horrific allergy causing crap, buyers beware,!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

These so-called teeth cleaners for dogs are the worst thing you can give your pooch, firstly they are full of nasty ingredients a dog or anything else shouldn't be eating, secondly they can cause allergies(my poor girls eye swells up and she gets fungal infections in her facial creases and she gets ear infections too if she eats so much as a single one. I will never buy them again, raw meaty bones are much better and cheaper than these poisonous little sticks and that's what I'll be giving my girl in future, and the odd carrot

Not fair pedigree!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

I buy the large dentastix for our dogs and, don't get me wrong, they love them. However, there is definitely something shifty going on, they seem to be shrinking! Seems we are not only getting slugged with price increases but the size of the dentastix is decreasing...twice over the last couple of months in fact! Not fair pedigree!!!

carisbrook, victoria

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

great treat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

our corgis love these and have cleaned their teeth up really well and both dogs love them so much. Every morning they are so excited to get their dentastix

Verified Purchase Variety: DentaStix Small Dogs

Devastating product results

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

My Shihtzu had original DentaStix for years, with good results for her teeth. Then we tried the beef, because there were no original at the store. When I opened the package, they were wet, smelled like roofing tar but not knowing what they were suppose to look like, we gave them to her. After 5 days, she had black runny stools and vomit. We had to take her to the vet and after many tests and meds. which cost us over 2500.00, she still is not well. A scope revealed an "irritant" in the stomach lining, which they presume was due to eating contaminated beef DentaStix.. I contacted your company and got no results. Your product is inferior, my poor dog is still not well after 6 months of medications. I have proof of purchase of your product and would like some compassion on your part.

• 3 helpful votes

rip off !!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2016

although dogs seem to love this product i find them so unfair if you have a small dog, as the large dog gets 7 sticks weight is 270 grams, the medium dog gets 7 sticks weight is 180 grams, the small dogs gets 7 sticks weight is 110 grams and they are all the same price, i have wrote to this company to say the smaller dog should get more sticks and it should go by weight and their response was just because its smaller does'nt mean it cost less to manufacture, so all you people with the smaller dogs do what i do and buy the large dog packet and cut them in half then you will get 14 sticks which is what the smaller dog should get..lift your game pedigree

1 of 2 pages