Pepper Money is offering reviewers that provide a review, that is either positive or negative, the chance to win one $250 voucher. This is drawn randomly at the end of each month. This incentive campaign ends on December 31st, 2018. It is possible that the reviews below are written by reviewers that may have received this incentive. For more information, you can read here.

Adelaide, South Australia

Verified Customer

Good service but sluggish loan turnaround

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

This is the second time we've borrowed with Pepper, and our experience this time has been far better than the last. Our current loan consultant, John, has been fantastic, and we've been offered reasonable interest rates given our financial situation (they are by no means cheap rates though).
On the downside the loan approval process is pretty slow... it can take up to a week in each stage of the approval process for the assessors to actually review an application.
Overall good service, and they will bend over backwards to help you out - even when other lenders have already knocked you back. From our experience don't expect the loan process to take anything less than 4 weeks though, most likely more.

Comments
Pepper Official

Thanks for your review, Dave. We’re glad to hear that John has been able to assist you with the loan application and that it was a better experience for you this time around. Although; we’re sorry ... read more »

Excellent service and professionalism

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Urgent home loan! I have to mention both Rosie and Raymond. They were quick and efficient. Helped me with all my questions in a timely manner. They kept me up to date and I was able to settle my property 3 days after my settlement date. Any normal lender I would daresay I wouldn't have made it in time at all. Keep up the good work.

Comments
Pepper Official

What great feedback! Thank you. It’s great to hear that you were able to settle your property so quickly and that Rosie and Raymond were there with you at each step of the process. Rosie and Raymon... read more »

Private message

Very helpful staffs and quick service thanks Rosie

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Me and my husband had some issues with our home loan and the house we bought are so close to settlement day, we are devastated that we might lose the house and deposit we have paid. My husband contacted with Pepper and the staff name is Rosie helped us, she is very helpful and get us loan approved very effectively, very appreciate her help and after we have the loan approved, all the staffs we have been dealing with are very helpful and friendly

Comments
Pepper Official

We are extremely happy to hear that we were able to help you to achieve your goal and that we were here to assist with the settlement of your loan. Thanks for recognising the efforts of our staff, ... read more »

Outstanding Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I received my welcome phone call today, and was blown away by the very polite and helpful lady on the other end of the phone! After speaking with me, she sent an email within mintutes. Outstanding service!

Comments
Pepper Official

Hi Kessy, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us at Pepper. We are glad to hear that we have provided you with excellent customer service, as we constantly strive ... read more »

Glenwood

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

How long until funds are in?

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Hi. We been approved for refinancing our home and We have mailed all finalised paperwork work for our loan with pepper money on 5th Dec 2018. We refinanced through a broker. we are just waiting on funds now. How long will that take?

Susan

Comments
Pepper Official

Hi Suz,

Thank you for your question.

Welcome to the Pepper family!

As you have applied through a broker, it would be best to contact your broker as they will be able to confirm when you should receive the funds.

Warm regards,
Rachael

Thanks Rachel for the warm welcome

Excellent customer call.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Stacey was very friendly the minute I received her courtesy call. Very helpful with the information provided about my loan settlement, giving me a comfortable feeling that help and contacts are available if needed from Pepper. Thanks Stacey for your call, so I am not in the dark. This is the customer service experience I am happy to receive. Thank you.

Comments
Pepper Official

Hi David, Our Pepper team know how important it is for our customers to feel supported and kept up to date and we are thrilled Stacey has provided you with an exceptional experience. Stacey is ... read more »

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Fantastic service, very fast replies, simple and quick process, 4 days for the whole process, highly reccomend Pepper Money
Thanks for all your help Jaynesh

Comments
Pepper Official

What great feedback Dave, thank you. Congratulations on your new loan and welcome to Pepper!

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Hi
Customer service is excellent. The queries are getting cleared immediately and providing options for the solution. I would recommend Pepper without hesitating. The interest rate at the moment is high for me, But I am waiting for review after my construction finished. Hope for the best.

Comments
Pepper Official

Thanks for such positive feedback, Johnson. We’re thrilled to hear that you rate us so highly and that we’ve been able to work efficiently to resolve your enquiries.
Thanks again,

Respectful and personalised service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

My overall experience has been so positive staff have been helpful gone out of there way to be helpful. Thank you

Comments
Pepper Official

Thanks Tracie, it's fantastic to receive feedback like yours which lets us know we're doing a good job. Welcome to Pepper and thanks for such a lovely review!
Natalie

When noone else would help

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

After years with big banks, then somehow now deemed my income as not a viable source and Peppers was the only lender to take me on. Very upset with the other lenders but happy to now be with Peppers. Thank you

Comments
Pepper Official

Thanks Sim, it’s great to have you on board! We love hearing about our customers experiences and appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback.

Verified Customer

Pepper said Yes when the big banks said No!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Luckily we were referred to Pepper when our current Big 4 Lender decided our credit history was lacking. We were late but never missed. Pepper allowed us to consolidate our debt and get back on track - so thanks Pepper!

Comments
Pepper Official

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, Lis. What great news! It’s our pleasure to have been able to meet your needs when the banks couldn’t help. Welcome to Pepper.
Natalie

We couldn’t have done it without PEPPER!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Highly recommend John & Vincent from Pepper Home Loans. They were Honest, Efficient & Reliable! Without them, we would NEVER have moved into our new home.
They showed empathy & gave guidance at a very stressful time in our lives. My faith has been restored in lending “specialists” as prior to contacting Pepper, we had been majorly mislead.
We can’t thank them enough!

Comments
Pepper Official

That’s great to hear! We are extremely pleased to hear that we were able to help you to achieve your goals. Here at Pepper we understand how difficult and stressful it can be to get a loan and we s... read more »

Excellent Service across the board

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

Excellent in every way our consultant Jay most helpful very smooth process for which we are thankful for being able to purchase our first NEW vehicle we will be recommending pepper to one and all.
Chris & Pauline Qld

Comments
Pepper Official

That’s fantastic to hear! Congratulations on purchasing your new car and for your recommendations. Jay is a valued member of our team and we’ll be sure to pass this on to him. Thanks for taking th... read more »

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Couldn’t recommend highly enough. We had lots of conditions to work through with our loan and pepper treated us like we were people not just another number. Customer service is second to none.

Comments
Pepper Official

Hi Jess,
Thanks for the feedback. It's great to hear that you've had such a positive experience and we trust this will continue! Welcome to Pepper.

Thanks,

Great Customer Services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Pepper Money helped us sort out our finances in the most professional manner. There were no major dramas and they helped when it mattered most. I would highly recommend Pepper Money to anyone considering financial assistance and wants to be treated fairly and respectfully.

Comments
Pepper Official

Hi Coral, Thanks for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. We are extremely pleased to hear that we were able to help you to achieve your goals and that we were there for you when you... read more »

Quick, friendly and hassle free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

We tried a bank lender first and it was an absolute nightmare! After our terrible experience with the bank we couldn't believe how quick, hassle free and friendly pepper where. We even got a courtesy call after it was done to make sure everything was running smoothly. After this experience I don't think I will ever use a bank again. :)

Comments
Pepper Official

Thank you for such a fantastic review, Jai. We love hearing about our customers experiences and appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback.

Thank you Pepper !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Thank you to Pepper for allowing me to re enter the housing market!! The transition from start to settlement was flawless!! Constant updates on the progress of my loan, there was never any issues or second thoughts moving forward with Pepper, once again, thank you!!

Comments
Pepper Official

Hi Nigel,
Congratulations on purchasing your new home and welcome to the Pepper family! We are so glad we could help you to achieve your dream of owning your own home. With thanks, Natalie

• 1 comment
  • 10 helpful votes

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Had no dramas processing my loan. Easy and smooth sailing. Customer service people were very nice and helpful Would recommend it.

Comments
Pepper Official

Hi Chris,
Thank you for such a lovely review. We are always here to help and make sure your experience is as simple and easy as possible.
Natalie

Great experience get what we want

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Thanks you very much, easy and smooth process, with outstanding outcome. Highly recommend to everyone. They got product according to your requirements.

Comments
Pepper Official

You are most welcome! Thank you for your recommendations and for choosing Pepper. We’re thrilled to hear that we’ve been able to meet your needs. Welcome to Pepper!

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Can't recommend Pepper Money highly enough

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Our experience with Pepper Money has been very positive.
They get the job done and helped us get the loan we needed!
The process was stress free and staff responded to my enquiries very promptly and provided me with updates along the way. The turn over time is very reasonable.

Thank you Abia, Justin & Pepper Money team!

Can't recommend Pepper Money highly enough

Comments
Pepper Official

Hi Shannan, Thank you your positive feedback on the loan process. Simple and uncomplicated is what we strive for and we’re glad to hear that was the case with your mortgage application. Thank you ... read more »

1 of 32 pages

Hi, I purchased land in an new estate in melbourne west for $350000/- with a 10% deposit last year. Since then the developer has advised me that similar sized plots in later stages of the estate are now selling for $400000/-. With land due to settle in a few months, would pepper money include the increase in equity in my land valuation? Phil

Phil asked on Oct 26, 2018

Hi Phil,
Thank you for reaching out to Pepper Money!
As you purchased the security off the plan (> 12 months ago), we can consider using the valuation amount over the contract of sale but the valuation would need to list the security as $400k and it would be dependent on the credit assessor.

Warm regards,
Rachael

Hi, does Pepper offer any exceptions to lending on a rural residential property not listed that they will lend in? Thank you

Jess asked on Oct 15, 2018

Hi Jess,
Thank you for your question.

Pepper can generally consider rural residential securities based on the following:
- Acceptability of postcode location
- Needs to be fit with our max. land size
- Not income producing
- Zoning needs to be satisfactory (can usually lend for rural residential)

Can you please contact us on 13 73 77 to discuss your situation further?

Thank you.

Rachael

Hi Pepper, We currently have a home loan with Pepper (6 years) we are looking at maybe selling our current property and purchasing a house on 20ac for a "tree change". It is in a rural area and is zoned farming but is not being used for commercial means and we won't be looking at using it commercially either. We expect to have 75-80% of the purchase price from the sale of our current property so the loan we would need is quite small (about $100k) our means of paying back the loan won't be changing as we plan to have the same means of income. Is this something Pepper would look at and if so is it possible to "port" our current loan, although reducing it greatly and can we get pre approval from Pepper. Kind Regards Bronwen

Bronwen G asked on Aug 08, 2018

Hi Bronwen,

Thank you for reaching out to Pepper Money!

That is a scenario we may be able to look at :)
Can you please contact us on 1300 650 931 to discuss your situation further?

Thank you.