Filter By:

Great service and friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

I ave been with PIA for 2 years. I had to claim recently and everything went smoothly.
Thank you very much.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Wouldn't be without it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I have been with Pet Insurance Australia since my first dog was 6 months old. I will never be without it. I have full cover, accident plus illness, my dog who was having bad recurring ear infections got his bilateral zeps procedure which has now stopped the infections. My youngest dog now 2.5 this year was hit by a car and everything was covered. She got a bit wobly a few months ago and the vets treated her for expected tick and I received 80% back of everything I had to spend as it was under the $1000 max tick claim. I'm always pleasantly surprised at what I get back as opposed to being surprised that they don't cover enough. I recommend them to everyone who has pets

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Hanr for sharing your dog's story. I hope they are both doing well and have made a full recovery. Have a wonderful week.

Very pleased with service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

We recently required an MRI for our dog who was suffering from first time seizures at 5 years old. The claim process was easy and prompt. Our rebates swift through the mail. No faults from our end regarding service. Very pleased and relieved we took out Pet Insurance

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Meg for sharing your PIA story. I hope your precious dog is doing well. Have a lovely day.

PIA Response

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

I've been with PIA for approx. 6 years and so far have no complaints with coverage provided, the claim process or the time taken to reimburse. Easy system to lodge claim and quick response in settling.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Gordo for your review. Have a fantastic day.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Recent ongoing claim

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

My 11 year old broke her leg in October. Calls for clarification on insurance claim were difficult as they were dealt with an overseas service. I still can't understand how on going claims are going to be handled. However once the receipts were loaded , again a lot of technical problems, the claim was paid promptly. I recommend insurance to everyone as my bill so far was over $6000 and PIA paid the 80% less excess. Unfortunately I only have $300 consultation limit and that was exceeded after three visits. Follow up x-rays and medication will move into the next policy year so I am a little concerned how these will be dealt as I have had conflicting advice from operator to what is actually written on the policy documents. But so far I am happy with the service, but followup claims are still to come.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Hi Rosebud, thanks for taking the time to review PIA. I'll be sure to pass over your comments to management. Would you like me to have a supervisor make contact to put your faith back into our service? Thanks, have a great day.

I have a follow claim to submit that is still in the current policy term, but the 12 week and 16 week follow up will be in New policy term. I was told I have to pay the excess again before I can m... read more »

Insurance claim made

Paid claim, easy process, very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I have been with PIA for about a year. My dog got sick after eating something and was at the vet for several days. I submitted the claim through the online portal and was reimbursed within a few days. Very happy.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Steven for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your dog is feeling better and has made a full recovery. Have a lovely afternoon.

Glad I had insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

My pug ruptured his ACL . Claim was submitted by my Vet and once my dogs full history was provided the claim was paid.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Jane for sharing your story. I hope your precious Pug made a full recovery. Have a great day.

Verified Customer

Becomes unaffordable as your pet becomes older

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Been with them for my border collie dog for over 10 years. Now my dog is getting older the premiums are going up at a crazy pace. Just went up from $88 to $106 a month! A whopping 22%. They "kindly" informed me of the change and of my right to drop out. Really? I have been paying as a loyal customer for many years for the peace of mind when my dog gets old, and now she is getting old they tell me I can drop out if i want? I am now unable to have my dog insured by anyone else and they have got me in a headlock and they know it - and so now feel they have the right to charge whatever they like.
I fully understand insurance is a numbers game. However this sort of behavior and lack of transparency surely not only reeks of poor customer care and low ethics but also of an element of criminality?
Having a schedule of how much a policy is going to go up over the life of a pet would help reduce this sort of shock and would help owner's decide if they can actually afford to continue to take out pet insurance in the first place if they know it is going to be unaffordable when their pet ages.
If you are thinking about insuring your pet with PIA- don't waste your money.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Hi Leanne, i'm really sorry to hear of your upset with your premiums and i'd love to put you in contact with a supervisor who can help? Can you please provide me with your policy number? Thanks, have a great day.

Perth

Insurance claim made

So many excuses not to pay a claim

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I have been with PIA for months and they have rejected all claims so far. My dog ended up in hospital because he ate something in the park. PIA rejected the claim on the basis he had similar issue a month earlier and that it is an existing condition. How do you define this as existing condition? He ate something on 2 seperate occasions and they both made him ill. How is this a pre existing conditions on a 5 month old puppy. You guys find any excuse to reject my claims. I am now looking for a new insurance company

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Hi Dillon, i'm sorry to hear of your claim frustration and i'd love to help. Can you please send me your policy number and i'll have a supervisor make contact on Monday. I hope your pup has made a full recovery. Have a lovely weekend.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

What a joke!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

What a joke - joined online on 6th November 2018, paid my first months premium - FOUR phone calls later talking to overseas Indian operators who can only work from a computer sitting in front of them - and I have still not received my Certificate of Insurance via email after 3 days!! They can’t explain it. Is it too complicated? I haven’t even made a claim. From the terrible reviews I have been reading here, making a claim will be also be a nightmare - they can’t even get my joining application right!

I will be cancelling straight away and have already joined another company (approved my application and sent Certificate of Insurance within 15 minutes!) - hopefully I’ll be able to get my first months premium back, though I believe it will be like pulling teeth. Recommend choosing from the other dozen or so pet insurance companies available.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Hi F.Grant I'm sorry you haven't recieved your certificate as it should have arrived immediately via email and post. Can you please send me your policy number and i'll have a supervisor make contac... read more »

Recent claim

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I was satisfied with the service provided - the claim process was easy and the money was quickly in our account.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Kehg for sharing your thoughts on PIA. Have a wonderful day.

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Unfortunately had to make claim but very positive fuss free prompt service from PIA thoroughly recommend them for their excellent service

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Hendos for your high recommendation and comment. I hope your pet is doing well and has made a full recovery. Have a wonderful weekend.

Insurance claim made

Amazing service, very fast process of claims! Best decision to go with PIA

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I signed up with PIA shortly before my doggy had a horrible stick accident, it was the wisest decision I ever made and has prevented us from going completely broke before having a baby in a few months!! Can not recommend PIA enough, putting in claims on the online portal is such a simple process, and the claims only take 2-3 days to process, and by then you have the money back in your account, absolutely Amazing it’s so quick and really helps you out when you need money for the next vet bill... will never get rid of our insurance and would like to thank the team at PIA for being so helpful and efficient :)

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Laura for sharing your PIA story. I'll be sure to pass on your lovely words and thanks to the team. Have a great weekend.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Be aware of exclusions

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

I took out a policy with these guys but cancelled upon reading in the fine print that they don't cover the common diseases usually vaccinated against (parvo, adenovirus, distemper, parain uenza, kennel cough) REGARDLESS of whether you have vaccinated or not. My understanding is that these viruses sometimes mutate and vaccinated dogs can still get sick. I explained my concerns to the guy in the call centre and he confirmed these illnesses are not covered under any circumstances. He also tried to say that NO pet insurer will cover for these, which isn't true, since the Pet Plan PDS says they cover them if the dog is properly vaccinated. PP are more expensive but I'm switching to them.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Hi Rosel, thanks for taking the time to comment on PIA. We advise all of our clients to read the Product Disclosure Statement on our website to ensure they understand completely what PIA will and, ... read more »

Yes, as I said in my comment, you don't cover for these and I wanted to make sure people were aware of that since I know a lot of people don't have time to read the fine print on everything.

McDowall

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

We have been with PIA for just over 6 months and had to make a claim for my dog who stepped on something causing an infection. My vet was able to submit the claim and they responded right away. I am so impressed and grateful that we found PIA and will recommend to anyone looking for coverage for their fur family.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks CKBK for taking the time to review PIA. Have a wonderful day.

All good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I’ve been with Pet Insurance Australia for nearly two years, made 3 big vet claims, never had any issues, they are very efficient and straightforward.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Sol Grig for sharing your PIA experience. Have a wonderful day.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

My experience with PIA

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I have had two GSD's insured with PIA for a couple of years now. My female was diagnosed with discospondylitis shortly after our policy commenced and after some initial issues with the first claim due to a misunderstanding of the diagnosis it was favourably resolved. Every claim for her since then has been dealt with in a timely manner and without question or fuss. Thanks PIA

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Ross for sharing your story. Have a great week.

Pet Insurance made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2018

We have been with PIA for 4 years and during that time we have made 2 claims. On each occasion the claim was dealt with by PIA quickly and we were promptly reimbursed. The claim process is quick and easy.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Peter for taking the time to review PIA. Have a great day.

Buderim

Honest insurers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I had to claim for a cancer on my dog’s foot. The PIA were excellent. I submitted the claim on line which is an easy process. They got back to me promptly to say they had received the claim. I was impressed at how quickly the claim was finalised and the money went straight into my designated bank account. Much appreciated and needed when one is in these stressful situations.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Fiona. I hope your dog is doing well and has made a good recovery. Have a wonderful day.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I have had my fur baby insured since the day I got him 2.5 years ago. After a recent major operation I am so glad I had pet insurance. Going through a stressful time Pet insurance was very helpful and understanding through the whole process, the online claim portal was so easy to use.

Comments
Pet Insurance Australia Official

Thanks Annette for your review. I hope your precious fur babe is doing well? Sending a big PIA cuddle. Have a great weekend.

1 of 48 pages