For the HX8211/06 and HX8221 Philips is offering reviewers that take the time to write a review a $15 Coles Group Gift Card. This is applicable to those that write a review between March 25th and September 30th, 2018. Reviews can be both positive and negative. This is in line with ProductReview.com.au's incentive policies and may explain the spike in review numbers.

Good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Handle at the design of anti-skid, meet the water still maintain a better feel, cleaning ability than ordinary toothbrush more than a few times; in order to gum health I will insist on using every day, teeth loose words, use will feel very insecure, vibration strong is the advantage is also bad.

Philips

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

The first time I used an electric toothbrush, I felt pretty good. These days are in use, the vibration is not big. It's really good as an entry level. The effect is very good. I feel very comfortable when I finish brushing my teeth. I hope the electric toothbrush can make my tooth decay no longer, I really hate to go to see the dentist.

To protect the.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

First said the appearance is very beautiful, feel very comfortable. After brushing the effect is very good, some bacteria have been brushed down. I like to smoke & feel some effect on the smoke stains. Overall, it is worth buying an electric toothbrush.

Philips

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Because of their own cavities, so very concerned about dental cleaning, the first time to buy electric toothbrush, use is not used to, the sound is a bit large, but the cleaning effect is much better than ordinary toothbrush! The appearance is also very good-looking! 2 minutes setting is good! No problem has been encountered, is a very good product.

BLAXLANDS CREEK

I love this toothbrush!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I just got this toothbrush yesterday, and for some reason when I used it I just felt like I was driving a Ferrari. Not sure how you can compare the two, but the quality not only feels excellent but world class. It feels and sounds like you are getting a cleaning from a hygienist.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Electric toothbrush than normal toothbrush to brush clean, can brush very comprehensive. Also learned on the internet, this toothbrush is a Philips electric toothbrush in a relatively high cost-effective piece. Sonic Clean Teeth look also pretty good, after the fuselage has anti-skid rubber, hand is very handy. It has three types of dental floss to choose FROM. First time using an electric toothbrush

Very practical

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

This is the second time for me to buy an electric toothbrush from philips. I am still as satisfied as ever and the appearance design is more beautiful. I like this color very much and it is convenient and easy to use.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there,

Good to hear you like the Airfloss. :) Thanks for being a fan!

The Philips Australia team

Sonicare AirFloss

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Toothbrush style is I like, concise beautiful, very good-looking, fine workmanship, this toothbrush I have been very fond of, also very useful, toothbrush is also good, to my teeth played a role of whitening, can effectively protect my teeth, the battery is very durable

Comments
Philips Official

Hello Sophie, thanks for sharing your positive experience with the Sonicare AirFloss here. We are glad to know that you are happy with the overall design and the functionalities. Please know that y... read more »

GREVILLIA

• 1 helpful vote

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

To buy their own electric toothbrush, has been felt Philips Electric toothbrush in the highest speed frequency, good price, quality is also very good, before also used electric toothbrush, feeling or Philips is more practical, and the appearance is also very beautiful.

Comments
Philips Official

Great to hear you are pleased with your AirFloss. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences here!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

This electric toothbrush is a good friend of mine sent me, I like Philips brand, this is a very good brand, I get up every day to use this toothbrush, electric toothbrush can effectively remove the bacteria on my teeth, better protect my teeth, product features is to be able to use the vibration of the way to clean my teeth efficiently and completely

Comments
Philips Official

Glad to hear you like and thanks for sharing! :)

Happy brushing.

Model: HX8111/02 (Original)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

The main function of electric toothbrush is of course to better whiten my teeth and protect my mouth

Through the rapid rotation or vibration of the motor movements, the brush head can generate high-frequency vibration, instantly decompose the toothpaste into fine foam, and deeply clean the teeth gaps. Meanwhile, the vibration of the brush hair can promote blood circulation in the mouth and have a massage effect on gingival tissue.

The battery is so powerful that I only charge it once every two weeks

Comments
Philips Official

We're glad to hear this and thanks for sharing! :) Spread the word.

Model: HX8221/02

Reduced bleeding of my gums

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

I was a bit skeptical at first, however reading the reviews here provided enough validation that it would likely be efficacious. My issue was that daily flossing caused a good deal of bleeding, as the gum line would be traumatized. I now floss every other day and use this product every day (after flossing and brushing on the 1st day and after brushing on alternate days). This has reduced the amount of bleeding significantly and my mouth feels a lot better as well. I'll probably purchase some tips for it soon. I'm certain I'll keep on using it.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Austin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this valuable review with us. We're very glad to hear the Airfloss is even better than you expected and it working so well for you.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Verified Purchase Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Amzing product with prefect teeth-care

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

My dantist suggested me to purchase a Airfloss to stop teeth-bleeding which lasted for past couple years.I have been using Sonicare AirFloss (and electronic tooth-brush) for several week so far and my teeth have completely stoped bleeding and I only charged them once~I really recommomnd prople who have oral problems and these products are the best oral care at home.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Many thanks for letting us know how the Airfloss has helped you improve your dental health. It is of course the purpose of the Airfloss to do so, so we're glad to hear this has been the... read more »

Good when it works

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Good protection to oral health, cleans well, easy to use. Excellent, when it works. Built quality was unfortunately not the best, the unit died after a few months, it will not turn on. Have it replaced by customer care who are quite responsive.

Comments
Philips Official

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us here. We're glad to hear we were able to help you sort out a replacement when your original Airfloss stopped working. If you ever need as... read more »

Okay

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

I used it a month, then the third light is not on anymore. But the floss is working well. Also the battery doesn’t last longer. It normally lasts for five days.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Anna. Thanks for taking your time to write this review and for sharing the valuable feedback. If you feel like discussing this further we advise you to send us a message on Facebook or Tw... read more »

I love this product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

What an amazing product.
I absolutely love using this, and has made my flossing to much easier.
This was recommended by my dentist and I have not looked back.
I have also bought one for my husband. He loves it too.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Liz. Thanks for taking your time to write this review and we're glad to hear you both love ❤️ our Airfryer! :)

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Great product to clean gums and gaps between teeth

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I really enjoy this product, this model has different settings for the air floss, it would be great if the barrel was larger/could store more water or mouthwash. Charge lasts a long time.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with the Airfloss. We're glad to hear you enjoy the product. Take care, and happy flossing!

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Sonicare AirFloss with charging/filling station (Ultra)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Bought couple of months ago, so this is not a representation of usability of a product in a long run.

There is also a disclosure that Philips is now running a rebate program on purchases/reviews (of any flavour).

Primary consideration was to acquire a substitute hightech product to alleviate subjective consequences/obstacles of using flossing tape such as:

1) Tedious to put it mild. Everyone I know say they use it no matter how ridiculous it sounds (sure, once a fortnight - as good as never). Philips specifically recommends this product for reluctant, inconsistent users. They do not make a representation of this product being an equal efficiency substitute to floss tape, but rather suggest that it could be an intermediate step for full floss tape implementation for willing customers or a complete solution for some customers if they so desire.

2) My gums bleed all the time after using of floss tape due to snap pressure on insertion (no interdental gaps at all and I thought Zac Efron's smile had a fault). Not a medical condition by itself or a lack of proper technique but rather anthropological peculiarity. AirFloss completely alleviated this problem. There is a burst (multiple if desired) of 180 km/ph droplets/air mix which sweeps interdental areas of food (hopefully) debris. Subjective feeling is being refreshed in the oral area. I cannot claim efficiency of the process from plaque/tartar removal perspective - read appropriate independent studies from trusted sources, but - even if does half a job in an easy and casual and enjoyable manner - that is worth an investment (albeit quite substantial to be honest, not so much with rebates). I would have never achieved this with floss tape.

3) Floss tape shreds and snaps as far as my teeth are concerned. No such problems with AirFloss obviously.

Bought with charging station (Ultra) to be filled with your favourite rinse (note that peroxide solutions are not recommended, as well as water). It charges and fills the handle by itself. Station could be located anywhere within powerpoint reach. Handle is completely cordless and retains a strong charge to be used independently for some time (as well as week's worth of solution). If you wish you can detach a charging base to be used for mobile off the house purposes. Waterpik does not come near this configuration as far as usability, ergonomics and comfort are concerned (not mentioning that their 'water hose' technology method is quite peculiar , Philips implementation is rinsing solution saving and hightech)

Final thought. I do not understand how some reviewers find practical usage of this product difficult (especially as opposed to tediousness of floss tape). Just guide a tip along gumline to reach interdental crevices and push a button (all four quadrants). Device is always used before a toothbrush (preferably electric one - I use Oral B). Unless you have problem with dexterity - should not be difficult. Give 1-1.5 minutes for the whole procedure twice a day. Presto. At least psychologically your are great now (not counting rinse).

4 stars (no gung-ho extremisms please).

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to share your elaborate review here. We're happy to hear the Airfloss has been a valuable addition to your dental cleaning routine. The Aifloss is meant to imp... read more »

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Work fairly well, a bit over priced

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

It’s easy to use and takes up little space. Works well and the air+water thrust is strong and helps remove food crumbs. Only drawback is the price tbh, but I’ve got it for a Father’s Day promotion.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Thanks for reaching out here and sharing your thoughts and opinions on the Airfloss. We're happy to hear it has been able to help you take care of your dental health. Thanks again, and ... read more »

melbourne

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

This is a great product, and I can not live without it. A perfect alternative to regular flossing, this AirFloss looks like a toothbrush, and with one button, you can easily floss your teeth. Great product overall!

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Jessica,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're delighted to hear the Airfloss has been such a valuable addition to your dental health care routine. :)

1 of 8 pages

Our Sonicare Air Flosser has stopped pumping air. The charger seems to be working because I hear a low hum from the unit and the lights for three pulses are still lighting. We're happy with the product and would appreciate any suggestions on how to get it going again; or is a new unit the only way to go? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Sincerely, Phyllis Goldstein EMail:[email removed]

PHYLLIS asked on Oct 04, 2018

Answer this

Hi Phyllis. Thank you for getting in contact with us regarding your AirFloss. What a pity it has stopped working. Usually, there's an easy fix for this, which is cleaning out the vent. More information about this can be found here: https://bit.ly/2x7imX8. If this doesn't do the trick, please feel free to contact our support so that we can find an alternative solution with you. You can reach us via any of the following options: https://bit.ly/2wukcTf (AU) or https://bit.ly/2wjPbkE (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

HX8240

how do I get replacement flosser tips?.

Walter asked on Sep 27, 2018

HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

We're interested in getting an air Glosser, or dentist recommended them. No one in any sites locally have been able to help and I've had no reply from Phillips help page. Reading information on this site is making me concerned that they do there job well then break, at a couple of hundred bucks it is seeming like a harsh deal. Does it come better than that? Or is there another way, maybe a reason why they keep breaking.

James T asked on Jan 21, 2018

Answer this

That many Philips AirFloss units fail is established. Why? They are complicated instruments and do what they claim to while they work. They are expensive. I have bought a total of 6. Only one still works the other five failed six months or thereabout after guarantee expired. I decided not to reinforce failure so bought a Panasonic EW-Dj10 water irrigator. Reading reports they are slightly ahead of the Air Flosser at cleaning. They are marginally as easy to use. However they are cheaper less than 30% the cost of an Air Flosser. There are no reports of early failure that I can find on the web. They have a very simple mechanism with a lot less to fail. I like that unlike the AirFlosser they are not easy to knock over. I do not have it long & only one visit to my dental hygienist gave it an OK. Early yet but I am very satisfied that it is doing what it should do. Its not as hi tec I am comfortable that I made a good decision by buying it rather than an air flosser.

This is our 2nd air flosser and the first one only came with a year's guarantee. This particular model HX8211/06 comes with 2 years and luckily was still under warranty when the unit failed (won't power up). another gripe I have with this including the first one I had is that over time the nozzle comes off the unit due to the pressure - so I had to hold the noozle while using the air flosser. I think as you keep using and changing the nozzle, the unit becomes loose. I'm hoping that Phillips have improved this now and the replacement unit seems to be working fine but it's still early days (about 3 weeks from receiving the replacement unit). I'm noticing it is more tight now - so hopefully the nozzle won't come off.

Hello James, thank you for your question and for your interest in the AirFloss. We can appreciate your concerns and are glad you shared them here. We can imagine that the example of LeonDonSOD40 confirms your worries. Do keep in mind, though, that you will find mostly customers with negative experiences sharing their stories online. Having said that, the AirFloss uses advanced micro-droplet technology which indeed makes it a bit fragile. However, when maintained properly, the AirFloss should definitely last for a much longer time. By the way, did you know you get one more year of warranty when you register your AirFloss on our website? We hope this reassures you a bit.

See all 23 questions about Philips Sonicare AirFloss

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details