For the HX8211/06 and HX8221 Philips is offering reviewers that take the time to write a review a $15 Coles Group Gift Card. This is applicable to those that write a review between March 25th and September 30th, 2018. Reviews can be both positive and negative. This is in line with ProductReview.com.au's incentive policies and may explain the spike in review numbers.

Perfect product abso;utely fabulous

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Wow this product is fantastic! It almost feels like you are in the future using it. It gets the job done and easy to use and my mouth feels so clean after using along with the toothbrush.

This is perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

My oral health has been improved significantly. It is super easy to use and replace traditional flossing method. Great product! Highly recommend this product, it’ll make your life easier and healthier!

My mouth Feels so fresh

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

use it after using my sonic care toothbrush. Better than manual flossing, and so gentle at the same time. My mouth feels so fresh the whole day, can't live with out it anymore.

Verified Purchase Model: HX8221/02

Good !

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Good and value for money. The pressure is good enough to clean my teeth. 1 charge can last quite a long time which make it even more convenient as I didn’t need to charge them everyday.

Leaves teeth feeling great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

The airfloss leaves me with a dentist clean feeling after every use. One great thing about the product is how long the battery last, and how great it feels in your hand. I recommend it to everyone

Love my Philips AirFloss

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

I use this AirFloss twice a day & i can see big difference in my oral health. Water jet effectively cleans the teeth every time .I am very happy with the Philips AirFloss.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Sateesh,

If you're happy, then we're happy too. :) Thanks for submitting your review.

The Philips Australia team

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Very happy with our purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

The sonicare is super easy to use and gives a really good final clean to your teeth. You can feel and see the difference. My teeth appear whiter too which is great!

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Christina,

We're glad to hear the product was able to meet your expectations. :) Let those sparkly whites shine bright!

The Philips Australia team

Sydney, Australia

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Phillips has very good customer service in replacing parts

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I bought this product about a year back, rang Philips to say sonicare airfloss was not charging, they did not even need my receipt, they sent me replacement with the week, very pleased, the product is very good,

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Thanks for leaving your review here. We're very happy to read you're experience with us has been up to your wishes. Has your Airfloss been charging properly after is has been replaced? W... read more »

Melbourne

Very good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

This product is easy to use and I use it together with my Philips Sonicare Toothbrush. At first I noticed my teeth bleed a little bit, but not any more after about two weeks. Generally it's a good product and you would feel much cleaner between the teeth after use.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Thank you for providing your experiences here with us. It's great to hear the Airfloss has been a valued addition to your dental care routine. And indeed, since it's a new way of cleani... read more »

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Ok product but not the best.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

This product is OK, but not the best. Design and looks are really good. But when it comes to use it doesn't perform as I expected. Some times it feels like it have less power to clean It is easy to store and handle.

Auckland

Very nice product

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

Just got it yesterday, tried twice, it helped especially for the teeth in the back, will keep using it and see how it goes. Feel fresh after using it, overall a good one.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Philips Official

Great, Kathryn! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. :)

• 1 answer

Don’t forget to smile

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Don’t forget to smile, try stopping me from smiling. This product cleans your tenth and leaves them sparkly white and clean. Great for healthy gum and definite must for the whole family.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Thanks for your friendly review! It brings a smile to our faces to. :) We strive for a healthy and happy smile of consumers so we're charmed to hear about your experiences. All the best ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Floss Away

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Recently I has dental implants and flossing over the pontic was difficult. Not anymore since I purchased the Philips Sonicare Airfloss. This product is the answer to not just flossing but also improved oral health. It is easy to store and recharge and so simple to use.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, It's fantastic to hear the Airfloss has been able to help you out and improved your oral health. And of course, thank you so much for sharing this here with us. We strive to boost our c... read more »

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

It's okay - still prefer flossing the old way

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Its good for getting deep inside near your wisdom teeth. Those areas are hard to reach with the old waxed floss. The jet is soo strong water goes everywhere when you do the front teeth so I still prefer to do the front teeth with normal floss. Its easy to fill up and often have to use two tanks of water to do all my teeth. Charge holds well for up to a week of flossing per full charge. I am still using the same head that came with the unit after 6 months.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Glad to hear you find the Airfloss somewhat helpful. Your feedback about the use on your front teeth has been passed on to our product team. Thank you for taking the time to share your ... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Very effective way of flossing

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

This so effective at removing any little bits of food between teeth and underneath bridge work. It is also very gentle and easy to use and has now become an indispensable part of my routine.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there,

Great to hear the Airfloss has been a part of your daily dental habits. :) Happy flossing and all the best!

gentle gum cleaning

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Overall not bad, much gentle than the water floss, just bought it for a month don’t know how long it will last but a bit pricey then similar product. Will see how it goes.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Han,

Congratulations on your new purchase! Glad to hear that the Airfloss is serving you well. We hope you will enjoy it for a long time to come.

Model: HX8240

Works well for a while - but no staying power

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

I've used the product for quite a few years now. Great when it works, but its not durable. Much better than manual flossing. The longest working duration for the product was 10 months and shortest two months. Great concept just need to get the design and battery power right.

Comments
Philips Official

Hello Gary, Thanks for taking the time to write down your review. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with the over all performance. We regret hearing that it's still causing troubles. Hav... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: HX8240

Great product, but failed within few months

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

Love the product, noticed a big improvement in my gum health. However it doesn't seem to want to charge anymore. Bit annoying because i got it from UK amazon so dont think warranty is covered here :(

SYDNEY

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Don't! Do not.. Absolutly do not buy this product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

Purchased from Shaver Shop with the usual "if not satisfied with the product Philips promise a refund guarantee" ...well, it was terrible.
And to make matters worse, dealing with Philips to arrange the so called promised "refund" has been an absolute joke! Do not even consider this product.
...this is the last time I ever purchase a Philips product.

I will be letting everyone I know to avoid Philips like the plague!

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Joseph, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the performance of your AirFloss and that you've experienced difficulties in getting a refund. Our colleag... read more »

Joseph Solana
[number removed]
josephjmsolano@hotmail.com

Athlone

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: HX8111/02 (Original)

I tried two both expired working shortly after guarantee expired.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

This is a great product while it works. I bought a replacement when it stopped short one day never to run again. The replacement was great while it worked but it stopped yesterday. Product life seems to be a problem with all Philips AirFloss models. Will I replace it with a third? Despite of a 20% off voucher from Philips I have decided NO. Don't reinforce failure. I will try the Waterpik offering as there are no reported unit failures shortly after the elapse of the guarantee and while bulkier in size reviews rate them better at cleaning tartar. It was a great product but lasted too short twice.
If they lasted more than one and a half years before expiring I would have awarded. Too expensive factoring in such a short life.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Leon,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback here. We can imagine you'd like to have enjoyed the Airfloss longer. If there's anything we can do at this stage, please let us know.

The Philips Australia Team

Philips offered me a 20 percent off voucher as a gesture since both were past guarantee cover period. Given my experience and that of others the product’s tendency to early life failure has influe... read more »

1 of 6 pages

HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

We're interested in getting an air Glosser, or dentist recommended them. No one in any sites locally have been able to help and I've had no reply from Phillips help page. Reading information on this site is making me concerned that they do there job well then break, at a couple of hundred bucks it is seeming like a harsh deal. Does it come better than that? Or is there another way, maybe a reason why they keep breaking.

James T asked on Jan 21, 2018

Answer this

That many Philips AirFloss units fail is established. Why? They are complicated instruments and do what they claim to while they work. They are expensive. I have bought a total of 6. Only one still works the other five failed six months or thereabout after guarantee expired. I decided not to reinforce failure so bought a Panasonic EW-Dj10 water irrigator. Reading reports they are slightly ahead of the Air Flosser at cleaning. They are marginally as easy to use. However they are cheaper less than 30% the cost of an Air Flosser. There are no reports of early failure that I can find on the web. They have a very simple mechanism with a lot less to fail. I like that unlike the AirFlosser they are not easy to knock over. I do not have it long & only one visit to my dental hygienist gave it an OK. Early yet but I am very satisfied that it is doing what it should do. Its not as hi tec I am comfortable that I made a good decision by buying it rather than an air flosser.

This is our 2nd air flosser and the first one only came with a year's guarantee. This particular model HX8211/06 comes with 2 years and luckily was still under warranty when the unit failed (won't power up). another gripe I have with this including the first one I had is that over time the nozzle comes off the unit due to the pressure - so I had to hold the noozle while using the air flosser. I think as you keep using and changing the nozzle, the unit becomes loose. I'm hoping that Phillips have improved this now and the replacement unit seems to be working fine but it's still early days (about 3 weeks from receiving the replacement unit). I'm noticing it is more tight now - so hopefully the nozzle won't come off.

Hello James, thank you for your question and for your interest in the AirFloss. We can appreciate your concerns and are glad you shared them here. We can imagine that the example of LeonDonSOD40 confirms your worries. Do keep in mind, though, that you will find mostly customers with negative experiences sharing their stories online. Having said that, the AirFloss uses advanced micro-droplet technology which indeed makes it a bit fragile. However, when maintained properly, the AirFloss should definitely last for a much longer time. By the way, did you know you get one more year of warranty when you register your AirFloss on our website? We hope this reassures you a bit.

The Philips Australia Team

I have a Phillips Sonicare Airfloss HX 8240 The yellow warning light is flashing but it will not recharge. Please advise I purchased it 21st October 2016 with a 2 year International Warranty

Ken asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Your symptom is different to that I experienced on the two failures. With both the battery was charging without apparent problem. When upper floss button was depressed a jet of air and water was ejected beginning with a short series of jets before the on light extinguished then a single jet and very low pressure until after about 36 hours both would fail to work. After my experiences with two I and seeing early life failure is being experienced by other users and mindful of its premium price compared to other similar products I opted to buy a cheaper croduct which has good reviews and early failure not an apparent problem. I have had good experience with Philips electric toothbrushes. I presume you have contacted the manufacturer. I can only rate Phillips costumer service for a similar problem with Garmin who agreed that the early failure was outside the guarantee period but as a gesture on return of the faulty item sent a replacement. Hope that helps you in your decision making.

Best to call Phillips' customer service. You will be required to provide the serial number of your unit and when you purchased the item. I got a replacement unit and so far the replacement unit is working well (just under 2 weeks).

Hi Ken,

Thank you for reaching us here. Have you tried resetting the brush handle by pressing the power button for 5 seconds and then charging it for 24 hours? If this is of no help, please reach out to our customer service directly at 1300 363 391 for Australia or 0800 658 224 for New-Zealand.

HX8240

The battery on my HX8240 flosser does not hold it's charge. Is it possible to obtain a new battery? Also it has developed an odd taste, almost like a chemical. It has not been used with anything but water. Any ideas on that.

John asked on Oct 07, 2017

Answer this

Hello, John. Thank you for your question. We regret hearing you are experiencing some issues with your Airfloss. Unfortunately, the battery of the Airfloss cannot be replaced. It's also odd to hear that yours had a strange taste since you only use water. We would like to ask you to ring us to handle the issue further and to discuss your options with the failing battery. You can reach us at 1300 363 391.

See all 21 questions about Philips Sonicare AirFloss

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details