For the HX8211/06 and HX8221 Philips is offering reviewers that take the time to write a review a $15 Coles Group Gift Card. This is applicable to those that write a review between March 25th and September 30th, 2018. Reviews can be both positive and negative. This is in line with ProductReview.com.au's incentive policies and may explain the spike in review numbers.

Model: HX8240

More Convenient Alternative to Regular Flossing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

My dentist recommended I use Picksters (the little dental stick with a tiny brush on the end). I found it very difficult to use - it kept bending and caused a lot of gum bleeding when I jabbed things wrong. And I've never been able to practice regular flossing as it's very inconvenient and awkward. I just give up.

So I decided to try this APhilips Sonicare AirFloss.

It's convenient, very easy to use, not too messy (just keep your lips shut!), and the battery lasts over a week after charging.

I don't think it's quite as good at getting everything as a Pickster, but it's close. I used the product then used a Pickster, and the Pickster found some sludge between my teeth that had been missed by the AirFloss. Still, it's about consistency, and the Pickster is difficult for me to use.

Overall, I highly recommend this product as a good alternative to conventional flossing tools.

Product failure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

My Sonicare Airfloss does not stand up to normal use. My original unit was replaced after 6 months of use. The problem was after being fully charged the unit lights indicated it was charged but failed to operate. It just made a squealing sound when I tried to use it. That unit was replaced by Philips. After 6 months the replacement unit failed the same way as the original one failed.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Joe. We're sorry to hear that your Sonicare AirFloss stopped working, especially since this is the second time that this has happened to you. We'd like to see if the solution lies in clea... read more »

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Not sure what to do with it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I bought it out of curiosity and trying to get rid of the old fashioned floss, but this one didn't seem to work and it hurts my gum. Nothing really got cleaned unless you got a huge chunk of meat stuck in your teeth. still went back to good old floss.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Ben, thank you for leaving us a review. It sure doesn't sound like you've much enjoyed the quality of our Airfloss and we're curious how comes. Could you reach out to us on Social Media? We're h... read more »

Tweed Heads

• 1 comment

Love my airfloss machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Love my Phillips sonicare airfloss so easy to use doesn’t take up much room in the bathroom. My dentist is also happy with my recent checkup. Would recommend 100% so much better than flossing the old way.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Bernadette,. Thank you for writing your feedback to us. We're glad to hear that you dentist checkup has been positive after using the AirFloss. If you'd like to know more or have any questions... read more »

Oakleigh

• 2 helpful votes

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

What a perfect pair!! My sonicare airfloss and sonicare toothbrush

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

I got my sonicare airfloss after two weeks I owed my sonicare toothbrush. I totally in love with them.

My teeth stop bleeding after i used airfloss for two weeks.

One weakness: I hope the airfloss have a bigger water container.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Hilary, we remember responding just now to your post on your Sonicare toothbrush. We're happy to learn that he has an Airfloss buddy in the bathroom now. We'll pass on the feedback on the water ... read more »

Canberra

Model: HX8111/02 (Original)

I like it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Strong pressure, I like it. I wish there is a bigger space to store water.

Battery amazingly last for ages after full charge. I use mouthwash no alc instead of water and it’s grwat

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there Brian,

We appreciate the kind words. :) We wish you a lot of enjoyment of the Airfloss!

Handy , saves time , liquid slot should be larger though

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

Handy , saves time , liquid slot should be larger though
Charging lasts a few weeks
Good design
I wish it has a continiues flushing option
4 stars , satisfied

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Ahmed, Thank you for sharing your thought and opinions here with us. As you can imagine, your feedback is the most valuable tool for our improvements. So we truly appreciate this. Take care and... read more »

Great product!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

It’s a economical way if you like to use floss everyday, maybe not used to the product in the beginning but it’s a good long term investment. I brought one for my parents as well. Great gift if you want to take care someone.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Lucy, Thank you for sharing this here with us. How nice of you to spoil your parents with an Airfloss to. That must be a good sign. :) Thanks for that, we're happy to hear you're using y... read more »

Melbourne

Model: HX8221/02

Excellent product, gum feels healthier

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Bought it for ages, finally started using it after dentist told me my gum problem. The normal floss makes my gum bleed. The airfloss is much better. I do recommend to people who have sensitive gums.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Annie, Thank you for sharing this here. It's great to learn your dental health has improved, thanks to the Airfloss. This is of course the aim of our product so we're happy to hear this... read more »

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Philips Sonicare Air Floss is very easy to use, fantastic results. It saves hassles from manually flossing.
I love it. We received the discounted rewards pretty fast too. Great service.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, How kind of you to share this here with us! :) We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience and that the results of using the Airfloss are fantastic. What a nice compliment. Tha... read more »

Perfect product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Easy to store and convenient for daily use. Working much better than regular teeth floss for me, especially when using with mouth wash, very good outcome! Highly recommend this product!

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Angel, Thanks for giving the Airfloss 5 out of 5 starts! :) We feel honored. Our intention is to improve the dental health of our consumers, while simultaneously making it easier. So, i... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Perfect product abso;utely fabulous

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Wow this product is fantastic! It almost feels like you are in the future using it. It gets the job done and easy to use and my mouth feels so clean after using along with the toothbrush.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Krissy, Wow, we weren't aware of the time travelling feature of the Airfloss ;). Great to hear we've been able to help out improving your dental health. And, we'd like to thank you for ... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

This is perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

My oral health has been improved significantly. It is super easy to use and replace traditional flossing method. Great product! Highly recommend this product, it’ll make your life easier and healthier!

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Oliver,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here with us. Our aim is to make your life healthier and happier, so we're very glad to hear we've succeeded. :)

My mouth Feels so fresh

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

use it after using my sonic care toothbrush. Better than manual flossing, and so gentle at the same time. My mouth feels so fresh the whole day, can't live with out it anymore.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Jay, Thanks for your 5 stars! We're very happy to receive them from you, and we're glad to hear you feel refreshed the whole day, thanks to the Airfloss. :) Appreciating your feedback, ... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: HX8221/02

Good !

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Good and value for money. The pressure is good enough to clean my teeth. 1 charge can last quite a long time which make it even more convenient as I didn’t need to charge them everyday.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey Fiona, That is so kind of you! Many thanks for sharing your experience, and it goes without saying we're very happy to hear your experience has been up to your wishes. :) Take care for now and... read more »

Leaves teeth feeling great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

The airfloss leaves me with a dentist clean feeling after every use. One great thing about the product is how long the battery last, and how great it feels in your hand. I recommend it to everyone

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there,

thanks for leaving your message here. We feel honored the Airfloss is able to give you a dentist like cleanliness! That is so great to hear. :) Happy flossing!

Love my Philips AirFloss

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

I use this AirFloss twice a day & i can see big difference in my oral health. Water jet effectively cleans the teeth every time .I am very happy with the Philips AirFloss.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Sateesh,

If you're happy, then we're happy too. :) Thanks for submitting your review.

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Very happy with our purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

The sonicare is super easy to use and gives a really good final clean to your teeth. You can feel and see the difference. My teeth appear whiter too which is great!

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Christina,

We're glad to hear the product was able to meet your expectations. :) Let those sparkly whites shine bright!

Sydney, Australia

• 1 helpful vote

Model: HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

Phillips has very good customer service in replacing parts

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I bought this product about a year back, rang Philips to say sonicare airfloss was not charging, they did not even need my receipt, they sent me replacement with the week, very pleased, the product is very good,

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Thanks for leaving your review here. We're very happy to read you're experience with us has been up to your wishes. Has your Airfloss been charging properly after is has been replaced? W... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Very good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

This product is easy to use and I use it together with my Philips Sonicare Toothbrush. At first I noticed my teeth bleed a little bit, but not any more after about two weeks. Generally it's a good product and you would feel much cleaner between the teeth after use.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Thank you for providing your experiences here with us. It's great to hear the Airfloss has been a valued addition to your dental care routine. And indeed, since it's a new way of cleani... read more »

1 of 7 pages

HX8211/06 (AirFloss 1.5)

We're interested in getting an air Glosser, or dentist recommended them. No one in any sites locally have been able to help and I've had no reply from Phillips help page. Reading information on this site is making me concerned that they do there job well then break, at a couple of hundred bucks it is seeming like a harsh deal. Does it come better than that? Or is there another way, maybe a reason why they keep breaking.

James T asked on Jan 21, 2018

Answer this

That many Philips AirFloss units fail is established. Why? They are complicated instruments and do what they claim to while they work. They are expensive. I have bought a total of 6. Only one still works the other five failed six months or thereabout after guarantee expired. I decided not to reinforce failure so bought a Panasonic EW-Dj10 water irrigator. Reading reports they are slightly ahead of the Air Flosser at cleaning. They are marginally as easy to use. However they are cheaper less than 30% the cost of an Air Flosser. There are no reports of early failure that I can find on the web. They have a very simple mechanism with a lot less to fail. I like that unlike the AirFlosser they are not easy to knock over. I do not have it long & only one visit to my dental hygienist gave it an OK. Early yet but I am very satisfied that it is doing what it should do. Its not as hi tec I am comfortable that I made a good decision by buying it rather than an air flosser.

This is our 2nd air flosser and the first one only came with a year's guarantee. This particular model HX8211/06 comes with 2 years and luckily was still under warranty when the unit failed (won't power up). another gripe I have with this including the first one I had is that over time the nozzle comes off the unit due to the pressure - so I had to hold the noozle while using the air flosser. I think as you keep using and changing the nozzle, the unit becomes loose. I'm hoping that Phillips have improved this now and the replacement unit seems to be working fine but it's still early days (about 3 weeks from receiving the replacement unit). I'm noticing it is more tight now - so hopefully the nozzle won't come off.

Hello James, thank you for your question and for your interest in the AirFloss. We can appreciate your concerns and are glad you shared them here. We can imagine that the example of LeonDonSOD40 confirms your worries. Do keep in mind, though, that you will find mostly customers with negative experiences sharing their stories online. Having said that, the AirFloss uses advanced micro-droplet technology which indeed makes it a bit fragile. However, when maintained properly, the AirFloss should definitely last for a much longer time. By the way, did you know you get one more year of warranty when you register your AirFloss on our website? We hope this reassures you a bit.

The Philips Australia Team

I have a Phillips Sonicare Airfloss HX 8240 The yellow warning light is flashing but it will not recharge. Please advise I purchased it 21st October 2016 with a 2 year International Warranty

Ken asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Your symptom is different to that I experienced on the two failures. With both the battery was charging without apparent problem. When upper floss button was depressed a jet of air and water was ejected beginning with a short series of jets before the on light extinguished then a single jet and very low pressure until after about 36 hours both would fail to work. After my experiences with two I and seeing early life failure is being experienced by other users and mindful of its premium price compared to other similar products I opted to buy a cheaper croduct which has good reviews and early failure not an apparent problem. I have had good experience with Philips electric toothbrushes. I presume you have contacted the manufacturer. I can only rate Phillips costumer service for a similar problem with Garmin who agreed that the early failure was outside the guarantee period but as a gesture on return of the faulty item sent a replacement. Hope that helps you in your decision making.

Best to call Phillips' customer service. You will be required to provide the serial number of your unit and when you purchased the item. I got a replacement unit and so far the replacement unit is working well (just under 2 weeks).

Hi Ken,

Thank you for reaching us here. Have you tried resetting the brush handle by pressing the power button for 5 seconds and then charging it for 24 hours? If this is of no help, please reach out to our customer service directly at 1300 363 391 for Australia or 0800 658 224 for New-Zealand.

HX8240

The battery on my HX8240 flosser does not hold it's charge. Is it possible to obtain a new battery? Also it has developed an odd taste, almost like a chemical. It has not been used with anything but water. Any ideas on that.

John asked on Oct 07, 2017

Answer this

Hello, John. Thank you for your question. We regret hearing you are experiencing some issues with your Airfloss. Unfortunately, the battery of the Airfloss cannot be replaced. It's also odd to hear that yours had a strange taste since you only use water. We would like to ask you to ring us to handle the issue further and to discuss your options with the failing battery. You can reach us at 1300 363 391.

See all 21 questions about Philips Sonicare AirFloss

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details