OMG This appliance is the Best appliance on the market

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

My name Is Roxanne having diabetes and chronic pain I decided to change my eating habits and pursue a healthy eating lifestyle . I am now eating lots of bone broth soups ,winters soups , every day my entire health has improved for the better I have lost a staggering 13kilos love the delicious recipes available online , cooking has become a joy not a chore. I cannot believe how the Phillips all in one has assisted me in such a major way. It’s positive benefits are enormous. I have turned all my friends into foodies .
Well done Phillips
Roxanne

Perth

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

This perfect cooking anything you want

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Highly recommend. So easy to use. Cook anything you like. We cook Punjabi Indian food and all spicy go right though into the food you cooking. Eg meat , pasta, vegetables.
So many doors settings . So many different kind of food you can cook. Cut down cooking time. Very easy to clean.
Value of money. So impressed

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

All in one- I want 3!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I wish i hadnt been so stubborn and let my husband buy one of these years ago.
I figured a slow cooker and a bunch of other rarely used appliances was enough to clutter my cupboards. Very easy to use. The preprogrammed settings make life easy. Fiancially, I save at least $200 per year making my own vanilla bean soy yoghurt and reduce takeaway costs by pressure cooking meals/ meats and meals so quickly.
The sear function is great allowing you to eliminate a frying pan. I make loads of soups porridge roasts curries yoghurt cakes risotto and slow cooks in this brilliant machine.
Its a breeze to clean with a quick rinse under the tap .
I have dismantled the pressure sealer to wash and that's easy too. The cons are the venting... its wet and hot and goes everywhere. Keep a tea towel at hand.
Also my husband bamixed soup in the pot and severely damaged the non stick coating on the base..... but luckily is still working well and not burning areas.
I have tried and tried and not yet mastered popcorn. Grrrrr there are loads of Youtube demos ave recipes on Pressure cookers worth watching.
This appliance lives on my bench and is used every day! I often wish i had 2 or 3 - as this fuss free quick ass dependable cooking is how i roll these days!

Sydney

• 13 answers

Date Purchased: May 2018

Best purchase/No regrets!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Just purchased the Philips all-in-one-cooker and absolutely love it. So easy to use and clean. Instructions are straight forward and simple. Pressure cook function works brilliantly! Just cooked a curry in 1.5hrs and the meat is so tender juicy. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who’s looking to save time.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Thanks a lot for sharing this with us. How great to hear you've been enjoying the All-In-one cooker so much. For some more inspiration, here are some nice recipes: https://www.philips.co... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Perfect for single man haha

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

I love this thing. The slow cooking function is great, and the pressure cooker function is great also. No issues with it so far.
My only gripe with this machine is the short ‘keep warm’ time. It would be great to start before work and come home to a cooked meal, but due to the short keep warm time, I’m a bit wary the temperature dropping and breeding bacteria.

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Instructions manual AND recipe guides are TERRIBLE!

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

On the pressure cook cycle and bake cycle there are no instructions to explain why the timer time is INCREASINGLY not decreasing with time. 3 lights including the pressure and timer on and kept increasingly! Your cake cooked it's recipe time of 45 mins then pressure light remained on and timer still increasing past 6 mins. So l opened lid, cake still liquid in centre, so l reset to bake a new 8 minutes. Cake came out well. I read the cookbook and instruction book, but none explained why it is counting up. I checked the pressure cook recipes and none mention a counting up. I've used the pressure cook before and just checked one hour after end time, to find it on the "warm", as expected, and other light off.
Also, why are the instruction book and cook book so limited in the basic how to instructions. also the range of recipes is so limited, there is no corned beef recipe, and when l rang Phillips for help they told me to FRY the corned beef...YOU DON'T EVER EVER FRY CORNED MEAT! Corned beef is a very popular Irish, English and Australian casserole meal, why isn't it in the Phillips recipe book for pressure cooking. It's tricky to get it right, so far l've tried two variations, both the meat is falling apart but it's tough. I tried your yoghurt recipe for dairy free yogurt but got very runny liquid, gave me diarrhoea.
I believe it's a good product but it is useless without clear instructions. Oh and not everyone likes curries or spicy food, so how about a decent book. Your u-tube cook for Phillips all-in-one cooker gives poor, incomplete instructions. ie She has the apple cake already mixed, we don't see her weigh the ingredients, l wan't to see this because l was worried that there was no fluid in the recipe, l thought it had been missed, so l hoped to watch her make the recipe so l could check the ingredients, l also hoped to hear her explain what we should see on the cooker at the end of the 45 minutes, which lights would be lit, would it count down., or if up (as mine does) why?, but none of this was show on the utube, just a finished cake. Poor guide, poor instructions.Such poor instructions.Useless instructions render the machine useless. I told Phillips this about 4 years ago, by chat forum, phone help and to head office. I was told they were aware of the problem and would be releasing a new set of instructions and cookbook with more recipes and correct the translation errors and omissions. However this hasn't happened.
How about a new book, free to all that can prove they already own the cooker, with gluten free dairy free casseroles of non dairy, creamy base, some of tomato base, some sweet and sour, and casseroles with dumplings (gluten free and some with gluten), and dual recipes where the main meal and a dessert or cake can be cooked at same time in the pot. No chilli, no curry, no offal, no rabbit. No one, including me, can afford to waste food on bad recipes, but if you paid me, l would test cook the variations to give you a terrific cookbook for beef, lamb, chicken, pork,vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free options (that work), cakes (gluten and dairy free options), desserts, and multi cooking, with excellent, clear instructions.
I could do the same for your pasta and cookie maker too. It's been about 4 years and you haven't fixed the problem yourselves. Pay me and l will.

Comments
Philips Official

Hello there, Thank you for writing down your experiences. We truly value the experience of all of our customers and we’re grateful that you took the time to share your findings about the All-in-... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

The worst thing I have bought in my life

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

This product is truly awful. With poor instructions and a useless cookbook. After three hours of playing around with this I ended up throwing away the food and taking the cooker back to the shop. I bought this because I am staying in a room and have no other way of cooking. I wasted hours of my time and ended up with a fridge full of food that I had to throw away. I will never buy any philips product ever again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Dave, That doesn't sound good at all. Sorry to hear that the All-In-One cooker didn't meet your expectations. We can imagine that your not happy having to throw away your food. We will pass y... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I have had mine for a few years and love it. It’s used 3-4 times a week. Just bought one for my daughter and my brother has one. It’s easy to clean. Love being able to sauté and them cook in it. Love the timer. Instructions could be made a bit easier to follow. It’s simple when you work out how though.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Thanks for leaving this kind review here. And great to see you've introduced more fans to the All-In-One Cooker fan club. ;) We're very grateful for that and happy to hear you've been c... read more »

Queensland

• 2 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great addition to the kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

I’m really enjoying experimenting with this machine. I bought it to predominantly use as a slow cooker but haven’t done that yet as the pressure cooker function is so quick & easy. I particularly like the one pot meals, the sauté function & how easy it is to clean.
The rubber seal does seem to hold smells & I’m worried in time it may not wear well but so far so good.
The user manual isn’t great & could be more comprehensive & some of the recipes in the book need to be tweaked to work properly but all in all it’s a great product.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Great to hear you're enjoying the Philips All-in-One Cooker! What has been the tastiest meal you've cooked so far? And indeed, because of the easy cleaning, you'll have more time for the... read more »

Great on the first use!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

Easy to clean and operate. Just made the massaman beef from the accompanying recipe book. Very tasty! Hurrah! Thanks to all the reviewers who provided comprehensive feedback as it made the purchasing decision easy. I’m looking forward to trying more dishes especially the risotto. Think I’ll be using this machine frequently as winter descends.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Caro,

Yum, that sounds delicious. Glad to hear you're already a fan of the All-In-One-Cooker.
Thank you for your positive feedback.

Cooker

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

I love our all in one cooker however I bought it to make yoghurt and it doesn’t work

Comments
Philips Official

Hello Leanne, Thank you for you review. We're happy to hear that you love your all-in-one cooker. Indeed, it's not intended to make yoghurt, but we're happy that you're still satisfied with your... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Love it, so many uses that it does well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

I bought this about 2 months ago, i have used it for so many things and it does really well. First was pulled pork which was amazing and done in 1.5hrs. Then i did sticky bbq ribs, again this was perfect and it only took 35mins. I have done numerous other recipes but another stand out was soup in 20mins with tender beef, The only fail i have had was with steaming vegetables, they lose their vibrant colour and you need to be very careful how long you cook them for. I had mushy brussel sprouts in about 4 minutes so you need to make sure to test cooking times needed. At the end of the day i love my cooker and i am very happy with it

Purchased at: Big W

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Philips Official

Thanks for the love! It is nice to hear that pulled pork and sticky bbq ribs were amazing. :) Please share other delicious receipts, we are curious.

Australia

• 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Recipe Book Lets the Machine Down - Functions as Intended but Hard to use

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2018

The machine functions as it supposed to. However, the recipe book has so many errors it is almost useless. As the machine has so many different settings it takes a lot of trail and error to get recipes from online sites to work. After many hours cooking it is very deflating to see that it hasn't cooked as intended and the family is ready to eat. Sounds trivial but is isnt for us. Cant understand how the recipe / instruction book passed any sort of scrutiny before it was printed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Philips Official

Hi PCJB, Thanks for your message! We must say that the recipes from our recipe book should completely work. We'd like to find out what's wrong. In order to do so it seems best if you could give us... read more »

Sydney

Date Purchased: May 2016

Changed the way I cook

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I've had this for two years now, and I recommend it strongly.

It distinguishes itself with its wide range of functions and intuitive user interface. The buttons do exactly what they say- no complicated menus or sub-menus to negotiate.

Having a range of functions means it is great for single-pot applications. You can fry and then stew or pressure cook in the same pot, retaining all that flavour.

My only issues are:
1. The device can spit quite a lot of liquid through the vent when being depressurised, if the internal liquid level is high. Generally the liquid being spat has a high oil and fat content, since these sit at the top of the pot. For my physical health this is quite a good design feature, but it is substantially less beneficial to my sense of relaxed cooking enjoyment.

2. After 18 months of regular use, the detachable seal on the lid has become quite loose and regularly falls off. It's not a hassle, more something to be mindful of. I have to be a little more delicate in moving the lid about the kitchen than I used to be.

Comments
Philips Official

Thank you for the four stars! It is great to hear you think the appliance is user-friendly. However, it is a pity that you think that there are a two issues. Thanks for this feedback! We really app... read more »

Date Purchased: Mar 2015

How many Amps

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2018

How many Amps are these pressure cookers rated at? I would also like to know if you have a bigger version, these are great machines but I am wanting to use these in a food van situation and would like to be able to produce more portions in one pot,
do you have a 12L capacity?

Thanks Nic

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

It's changed the way I cook - how did I live without it?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2018

Phil (as my Philips All-In-One Cooker is affectionately known in this home) has been in my life for about a month now and I can't remember life before he arrived. I love how quickly I can cook things and how clean and easy the cooking process is. I purchased a second stainless steel inner pot and it makes it so easy to cook another dish immediately after doing a quick release. I purchased several Instant Pot cook books and so far everything I have cooked in Phil, using the Instant Pot instructions has worked perfectly.
The only two frustrations I have:
1. The steamer rack stained terribly as soon as I cooked sweet potato and two of the little rubbery feet have fallen off which is disappointing. I wish this rack was stainless steel.
2. The lid liner is aluminum (wish it was stainless steel) and the design of the way the liner attaches to the lid is irritating because it protrudes into the pot and decreases the amount you can fit inside, especially when cooking pot in pot.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Kate, thank you for your review and for your honest feedback. We're happy to hear that Phil prepares your dishes perfectly and that he has made your life so much easier. What a pity though that ... read more »

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

My new philips all in one cooker HD2137 display is not working at all

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

My new philips all in one cooker HD2137 display is not working at all. I pressed multi cook, can't see what option is selected and when tried to cooking time it is not displaying the time. Only beep sound can hear. Hope someone can help me. Thank you. A j

Comments
Philips Official

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Alj. We regret reading that you're experiencing issues with your All-In-One Cooker, and would like to advise you to reach out to our product specialists as they wi... read more »

Macquarie Park

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Excellent cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I was using the $20 cooker which I bought from KMART before. After I bought this realise what a good investment it was. Bought from Harvey Norman for $149. Rice tastes lot lot better. I’m not sure how good it is compared to brands like tiger or Zojirushi. All of can say it rice is lots tastier than when you cook in a $20 rice cookers.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Philips Official

It's all about taste, isn't it, Suresh?! Thanks for the kind words and we wish you a pleasant day. :)

The Philips Australia team

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love this product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I was worried that I wouldn’t get my money’s worth out of this product but I was wrong, I use it all the time and
My husband is very impressed too. The all in one cooker saves me lots washing, it’s super easy to clean. Extremely easy to use and have not been been disappointed in anything cooked in it. The pressure cooker function is amazing.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Nikki,

We're glad to hear that you feel like the device is well worth the purchase. :-) We appreciate that you took some time to share your thoughts and experience with us, it's much appreciated!

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Philips All-In-One Cooker

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

i bought mainly to cook rice. We cook rice daily & our trusted breville rice cooker
died after 8 years of daily use. With this thing you measure the rice & water as indicated
in the inner bowl turn on the rice cook function & it says 14 min's remaining. Come down to
3 min's the timer goes back up to 9 min's then a few min's later it goes back up to 15 min's & so on..
Until the user intervenes & stop the cooking. Im returning this piece of junk.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Philips Official

Thank you for your feedback, Jim. We're sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience with our All-In-One Cooker, and we can imagine that wasn't what you expected. If you still have the applian... read more »

1 of 13 pages