Best kitchen appliance - Easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

The food always come out so crispy and still juicy as needed. We cook wedges, potato gems, meat balls, chicken schnitzel and many more .the cleaning process is really nice and easy. Couldn't be happier with out air fryer and can't see yourself going back to deep frying our food. Should have brought long time back..!!!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Raj, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Philips Airfryer. We're so happy you've already found great foods to cook in the Airfyrer. Here is a link to a some more delicio... read more »

Date Purchased: May 2018

My Air Fryer paid for itself!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

It is well worth the money. Makes the crispiest chicken wings without having to use breading. Makes meat so succulent and juicy on the inside. I have even used it to heat my muffin so it's crunchy on the outside and soft, fluffy and buttery on the inside. Also for my lazy people, it is sooo easy to clean up.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to share this here with us. Hmm, the things you've cooked in your AirFryer make us getting quite hungry here at the office. We're happy to see you love your Ai... read more »

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

I like how it cooks with no oil and less mess

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I research and research for all the air fryers, but at the end of the day, I didn't want to "you get for what you pay for" so I decide on this and I'm so glad I did! I've have use this almost everyday and it's working like a champ! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with the Airfryer here. It's great to hear it has been working like a champ daily! Perhaps you were already aware of its existence, but just in ... read more »

Grantham

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Best kitchen appliance ever.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Got this as a gift for my mom, and she could not love it more. She uses it almost daily. She has made wings, fish, fries, and much more. Super quick in cooking food, super easy to clean, and so so so so easy to use. Best kitchen appliance ever.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there. How nice of you that you gifted your mom an Airfryer! It's very much appreciated that you have shared her experience with it on her behalf here as well. We are delighted to hear it has be... read more »

Cambridge Gulf

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Best Purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

We love our air fryer. Super fast and easy to use. I like knowing I'm not filling my family with grease but we can still enjoy a nice crunchy flavor. It is fairy loud when running but not so much to prevent us from using it. Everything great so far...Great build quality.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts on the Airfryer here. It's great to hear you've found it to be a good alternative as to frying. If your Airfryer does tend to get really loud,... read more »

KINGSTHORPE

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Eating healthier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Easy to use, with convenient reminders right on top of the unit.easy to clean; comes apart easily for thorough cleaning, unlike many earlier air fryers. Heats up quickly.FOOD IS DELICIOUS. some of the best fried chicken I have tasted in a while. French fries were delicious as well. Lots of potential for some really great meals here!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Elijah, great to hear you're so pleased with the AirFryer. Thanks so much for sharing this and enjoy all your low-fat meals!

Smiths Creek

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

I'm in love with my air fryer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Used once, for chicken little (pun) legs off the wing cut. Nice crispy crust without breading or oil. Moist meat, no shrinkage. I felt like I was losing weight even as I enjoyed the meal. My kids ate it all and asked for more, which I could provide in 20 minutes. Wish I had ordered this sooner. The price is more than even some well-known brands, but I trusted the reviews and ordered this Phillips fryer. Sturdy and easy to use. I'm happy with the large basket and can't wait to use all the accessories that I ordered separately.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Flynn, thank you for your positive review! We are always happy to hear such nice feedback from our customers, especially when the children love it too. Do not hesitate to let us know about your ... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

I’m very satisfied with this appliance. It’s just like magic! I can’t believe that the food comes out crispy & brown like being fried in oil! And the taste is amazing without the oil taking over the taste of the food. I highly recommend this product.
I don’t have a receipt as I bought it on-line.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Vikki, awesome to hear you are happy with your magic AirFryer! Thanks so much for writing down your experiences. Your description is exactly what we were aiming for. :-)

• 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

great for everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

this is perfect fro any food product you need in the oven but use this instead as its just so very efficient and makes the food taste the best i have ever tasted without all the oil and nasty surprises we dont need in our diet. food is best in this air fryer

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Nathan,

That's a great compliment! Good to hear the Airfryer contributes to your health. :)

The Philips Australia team

South Ballina

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love it and use it a lot!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

I use this product a lot! I use it to reheat frozen snacks as well. I broke the handle within 3 days of using the product because it fell on the floor. I contacted Philips and they sent me a replacement. The handle they sent isn't black but I didn't care because as long as it works well, I'm happy. I don't use my toaster over to reheat any frozen snacks any more since my fryer does a much better job and faster. So far, I have fry a whole fish, and tofu. All turned out well!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hello Sara, Thank you for sharing your positive feedback here with us! We are happy to know that you like our AirFryer this much. Feel free to reach out to our team whenever you have questions i... read more »

Clean Fat Free Frying

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

My Phillips Turborstar Air Fryer is my favorite cooking appliance with a larger capacity than original model delivering fast and healthy results all way delivers crisp succulent food its so easy to use set cooking dial ,temperature and timer and start,its so versatile l can fry chips crumbed fish grill salmon fillets ,steak's.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Lisa, Thanks for letting us know about your favorite kitchen help; the Airfryer! We're happy to hear it has helped you create some tasty, quick and healthy meals. It sure sounds very tasty! :) ... read more »

Nerimbera

Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Really great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

This the second Phillips air fryer we have purchased and we find that they a one of the best kitchen items we have purchased and we use them every day. As we are retired we find that they cook really healthy food in a short time. We also save on power cost as you do not need to preheat as with a conventional oven.

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Charles, Thanks for letting us know how much you love your Airfryer. :) We're happy to hear it has provided you with healthy and easy to cook meals. We appreciate you've taken the time ... read more »

Gold Coast

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Throw out the fat fryer and here's the healthy air fryer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

We've gone away with and throw out the old fat fryer and bought the Philips turbostar which has turned out to be a super much healthy way of frying chips but also takes it to the next level with a fancy digital screen and timer along with adjustable temperature and timer.
The food out of this is just divine!

Purchased at: Kmart

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Kat,

We appreciate you sharing this with us. We're glad to hear you're enjoying it so much. Happy frying. :)

Kind regards,

The Philips Australia Team.

• 4 comments
  • 50 helpful votes

So easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I recently purchased this to try to cut down on oil in cooking and am very happy with the results so far. The first thing we tried was homemade chips, which we usually do in the oven anyway but they came out beautifully in the airfryer with a lot less oil. So far I've cooked, chops, sausages and even churros (choux pastry) and everything has come out a lot better than expected.

The one issue I've had is getting the tray accessory to fit, I'm still waiting for Philips to write back about that, but otherwise I'd say it's been well worth getting the airfryer itself and I can see us using it a lot.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Comments
Philips Official

Hey Melonyc, it's beautiful to hear that your chips turned out great. But even more beautiful that it didn't stop there! Glad to hear you're quite the versatile cook with this Airfryer. We can se... read more »

melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Thanks Philips!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

Been using this air fryer everyday since new. Fast & convenient and no need for oil. Very quiet and saves on gas/electricity bills. Bought from The Good Guys and got a $50 cash back offer which Philips paid pretty much the next day after I applied for it. Great work Phillips!

Comments
Philips Official

Hi David. Thanks for leaving your feedback here. We're glad to hear you are enjoying the convenience of it as that's what we were aiming for! It's good to know the $50 cashback worked perfectly to... read more »

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Easy and safe to use.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

My son bought me this air fryer a few months ago. Being visually impaired I was dubious about using it at first but was pleasantly surprised.
I just wish that the instruction book was available in Large Print. Like every thing these days the print is very small. I have only cooked a few simple things as yet, frozen chips, chicken drumsticks etc. but I am looking forward to trying new things.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there Mags. Thank you for leaving us your comment. We are glad to hear you are finding the use of the Turbostar easy and are looking into making new things. If you have a certain question and c... read more »

Perth

• 7 comments

Date Purchased: May 2016

We hope it's chips!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

This was a suprise for me. It works so well. Real chips (not the frozen rubbish :)) cook so well it's just like mum used to make back in the day with a deep fryer and lard. The other things it does well are chicken drumsticks. They are amazing. So easy to use and so many uses. Slightly expensive but we've had it a while now and it's used regularly with no issues.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your comment here for us. We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your Turbostar and are able to make chips just as you were used to when you were young. We app... read more »

Nice design

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

This airfryer is simply put one of the best I've ever used. Has some great features and has a good controls which make it easy to fry your food in just a few minutes. It doesn't make much sound so it is also sound friendly. Won't regret buying this product.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Ryan, thanks so much for sharing your experiences with the AirFryer. We're pleased to hear you are happy with the results and the user-friendliness of it. Keep frying!

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Game changer for cooking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I have never really liked to eat fried food, especially at home, because I prefer to eat healthier. However, this air fryer is a game changer! It uses such little oil but is able to make so many foods so much tastier and crispy, without the calories! Once you get one, it'll be hard to go without it.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Johnson, Thank you for leaving your feedback here with us. We're glad to hear that even though you weren't a big fan of fried food, the AirFryer has given you the healthy option! If you have a... read more »

Perth

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Bought this from Harvey Norman during their sale . Great for quick cook without having to heat up the oven. Fast and convenient. A permanent fixture on kitchen counter now. Bought a smaller model as a gift for my daughter and she uses it regularly too. Cleaning up is a bit of hassle but overall happy with it.

Comments
Philips Official

Thanks for sharing you enthusiasm! It's really great to see it found a permanent spot in your kitchen. :) If you need any help cleaning, perhaps this video might make things easier: https://www.you... read more »

1 of 5 pages

I also recently purchased the HD9643 airfryer but no user manual.I would like to know why the user manual was not included in the purchase. Philips advise to download but I am not in the position to do so. I would prefer a user manual in place of the recipe booklet. Any help? Roy

Roy asked on Oct 01, 2018

Hello Roy,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We can imagine that this is not convenient for you. Could you please contact our team, our colleagues on the line would love to help you to get your hands on the printed manual.

For Australia: 1300 363 391
Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST

Our contact in New Zealand: 0800 658 224
Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm

We hope to hear from you soon.

The Philips Australia Team

My current air fryer is 7 litres and can easily fit 3 good sized lamb chops laying flat in the basket. Is this air fryer big enough to do that?

Buffygirl asked on Sep 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi there. Thank you for your question. The capacity of the basket of the Airfryer XXL is 0.8 kg. Here you'll be able to find all its specifications: https://bit.ly/2PFlKzi. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support via Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Well doesn’t that equate to 800 mls. That seems awful small compared to the 7 litre air fryer I currently own. P.S. your website specs do not mention liters at all. It’s like you have tried to bluff people by steering away from the litre measurement gauge that all over air fryers are sold with.

I have just purchased an Airfryer but it is not cooking. Is the motor supposed to run continuously? Mine switched on for 3 secs and then switches off and after 30 mins at 180 my potatoes are still raw! HD9643

Monika S asked on Aug 25, 2018

Hi there Monika,
fryer is supposed to run for as long as you set the timer. Sounds like it is faulty!

Hey Monika, good that you've asked over here. It's definitely not supposed to stop working! The airflow should certainly continue during the cooking process. Seeing that you've just bought it, we would recommend to get in touch with the retailer you got the Airfryer from. However, if they can't help you further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us through 1300 363 391 (AU), or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). We'll be happy to see what we can do for you.

See all 10 questions about Philips Digital Turbostar HD9643/17