Perth

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase Model: HD9621/11 (TurboStar) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Great but won’t but Philips again

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Great time saver, better results than cooking in the oven, super simple to use and clean. Anything that you cook in a regular oven can be done faster and usually better in the air fryer.
Expensive appliance compared to others on the market.
I would recommend airfryers BUT I wouldn’t buy Philips again based on price and after sales service.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Lyn. Thank you for taking the time to write down your experience with the Airfryer. We're glad to hear you've been enjoying using it, however we do regret hearing you've had a negative experienc... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Model: HD9621/11 (TurboStar) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

The Best Oven Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

This product is absolutely the best oven I have ever used. The Airfryer is awesome at cooking French fries perfectly but I love how you can put a piece of steak in and 11mins later it is cooked to perfection. The oven is easy to clean compared to the cheap knockoff branded Airfryers.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Joel, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experiences, and we're happy to hear you like it that much! Thanks for your review. :-)

Verified Purchase Model: HD9621/11 (TurboStar) Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Amazing little device!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Just started using this model of Air Fryer, and I have to say I'm extremely impressed. It cooks so quickly and you can even hear the food inside starting to cook as soon as you press start. Tasty smells start to waft through the house not long after.
So far we've cooked crumbed raw chicken tenders, frozen crumbed chicken breast and fish fillets, frozen packet hash browns & roasted potatoes. All came out perfect!
The best function is the tray. Normally in the oven, these foods would just sit in their oils and become soggy, but this just stores all that unnecessary stuff underneath, and then just easily wipe down the non-stick bucket afterwards.
We're looking forward to trying more things out.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Corey, it sounds like you've found a great new kitchen companion in the Viva Collection Airfryer. We're happy to hear that you're so keen on the device. Thank you for sharing your review here. W... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Model: HD9621/41 (TurboStar) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

It is great idea to buy this beautiful fancy air fryer. Especially for family who got some kids is able to use so easy for cooking such as chips, deep fried chicken and dumplings.
Only 20 min is required to cook completely. Little different texture compare to a oil fryer.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Sun,

Many thanks for writing these kind words about your Airfryer. :) It sure sounds like you and your family are eating some tasty meals! :) Enjoy your dishes, and happy frying!

Model: HD9220/20 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I love this airfryer I just wish I had of purchased the bigger one. Only because the bigger one has levels so you can cook multiple types of food at once. I’ll probably upgrade soon. Very easy to use. Cooks like an oven without having to heat up a big oven. Quick and easy. Easy clean up. Highly recommend

Purchased at: Target Australia

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for recommending the Airfryer! Your opinion is very valuable, and we appreciate the fact you've taken time to share this here. Happy frying!

keysborough, victoria

• 8 comments
  • 1 question
  • 17 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: HD9220/50 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Starwhite model - best thing since sliced bread

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Have now owned and used it for 12 months and is the ideal size for a Darby and Joan couple like ourselves. With the addition of the optional platform insert, will cook a complete meal for two, so we have hardly used our oven or microwave griller in the past year. Meat, chips and almost everything else you can cook in the oven emerges perfectly cooked.
If we have any concerns, it does have a limited capacity, but is adequate for our needs for we rarely entertain any more. Also, the temperature parameter only allows 200C and the timer 30 minutes, so sometimes you have to adjust your cooking strategies.
One feature we particularly like is that you can slip it into the dishwasher after use and it emerges like brand new Would like to give it 5 stars (maybe even 6) but this page seems to have the rating feature disabled after the third star.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Alec. We're glad to see you and your family like your Airfryer. It's great to hear it has been able to provide you with some healthy meals, while being easy to use. Many thanks for shari... read more »

Queensland

• 3 answers

Model: HD9220/20 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

My sister got this as a gift while purchasing one for herself,I have used it only couple of times as,it's bit bulky and I dont like getting it out and putting it back all the time because of this I end up using my oven more than this.But it fries the food perfectly without much oil.

Comments
Philips Official

Hello there, thanks for sharing your review here. We are glad to hear that you like the performance of the AirFryer. Great for parties or preparing some crispy snacks without oil.

Enjoy your new AirFryer!

Model: HD9630/21 XXL Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Cooks well but maintenance is hard

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

This cooks really well with very less oil. It holds a full chicken. Maintenance is high on this. Every now and then I have to have to clean the coils properly otherwise there will be a lot of smoke. The scrubber to clean the tray and basket need to be non scratchy otherwise the non stick coating will go off.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Navin, Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable feedback here. Regarding the cleaning, here is a link to some more cleaning tips: https://www.philips.com.au/c-m-ho/airfryer/tips-tri... read more »

Model: HD9220/50 Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Best kitchen appliance every.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

We have one of the first ones that came out and we are still using it. We even have a spare one for when the other one dies? If you buy takeaway fish and chips put them in and just see the excess oil that you would normally eat it's frightening. Every home should have one. .

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Byll,

Thanks for sharing your positive experiences with the Airfryer here. We're so glad to hear you've been enjoying the Airfryer so much that you even got a second one. Happy frying!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

It's the best product that we have in our kitchen. We have talked friends to buy one also. We have a son who is a chef and he says that it is so good to cook steaks in. Keep up the good work.

Philips Official

Hi Byll. Wow, those are some wonderful compliments! Thank you so much for sharing. :-)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Model: HD9220/40 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

The food always come out so crispy and still juicy as needed. We cook wedges, potato gems, meat balls, chicken schnitzel and many more .the cleaning process is really nice and easy. Couldn't be happier with out air fryer and can't see yourself going back to deepfryin our food.love love it

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Julie.

Hmm, it sure sounds like you're cooking some pretty tasty dishes! We're glad to hear you're so happy with your AirFryer. Thanks for sharing this here, and all the best!

Port Adelaide, SA

Model: HD9220/66 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

This is an exelent air fryer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

We've been using this air fryer for many many months now and love how simple it is. Cooking time in the book is wrong and takes a little more time than specified but works still good. Saves on fat and oil and makes eating much more healty and tast just as good as take out food

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Jerrie, we're pleased to hear you've been happy with the AirFryer. Thank you for sharing your experiences here and enjoy your healthy low-fat meals! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Perth

Model: HD9220/20 Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Excellent air fryer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

The quality of the food cooked by this unit is excellent and it is straight forward to clean, we usually use it to cook marinated meat and this air fryer really delivers. Phillips has has been known to me as a audio_visual specialist from many years back, never thought that they would make an air fryer and did a great job making it. Thanks Phillips.

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Merc,

Thanks for writing a review about your Airfyer. We're delighted to hear you're Airfryer has provided you with some tasty and healthy meals. And, you're welcome! We're more than happy to. ;)

Sydney

• 1 question

Model: HD9220/50 Date Purchased: May 2017

Pretty good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I’m pretty satisfied as i use it often and had for over a year. Paid $199 Good guys. I usually put baking paper in the baking dish $34.95 which I purchased over a year ago. I never use oil and magically all the oils (from the food) drips into the paper. Very healthy. It doesn’t take very long to cool either and I usually just leave the setting on the highest 200. I even bake my bread to make toast just to have more counter space. Goodbye toaster.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hi Kate,

Thanks for sharing these kind words! Good to hear the Airfryer has helped you cook some healthy dishes.
Happy frying!

Model: HD9220/20 Date Purchased: Feb 2018

great product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

i found air fryer from Philips an amazing product for everyday healthy diet. the cooking is very quick and less time consuming for every thing to prepare. you can get favorite food without using alot of oil and putting your self while frying in oil on the cook top. highly recommend this product for food lovers.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hey there, Aamir.

Thanks for letting us know you love your Airfryer. We're happy to hear it has been helping you to eat healthy on a daily basis. Thanks for recommending, and happy frying!

Model: HD9621/11 (TurboStar) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

This product is amazing my dad isn’t a big fan of oily food but with the air fryer his in love with it he make all his favourite food with out the fatty oil it’s so quick and easy halfs the time off preparation very little mess and super easy to clean I would highly recommend this item

Purchased at: Big W

Comments
Philips Official

Hello Daniel, thanks for letting us know that you and your dad are now fans of our AirFryers. We can definitely imagine why he likes it now that he tried it out. ;) Do let us know if you ever got ... read more »

Whyalla SA

Model: HD9220/50 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Perfect low fat cooking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

I am totally satisfied with my Phillips Airfryer my husband loves chips & this is a healthy way for him to have them He also cooks hash browns spring rolls chiko rolls pies & sausage rolls in it As I am a shift worker it is very convenient for quick snacks Airfryer is very easy to clean

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Philips Official

Hello Floleen, We are happy to know that our AirFryer has been such a supporting appliance in your daily routine. The snacks you prepared with it sound very nice too. Our team wishes you and your... read more »

Blair athol sa

• 4 helpful votes

Model: HD9220/50 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Amazing taste and quick cooking time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Amazing product, quick cooking time very minimal fat left in food, cooked all foods properly very well love this product was really easy to prepare baby foods as well

Was a great product until my 12 year old brother burnt a whole I'm the side because he didn't want to move it of the stove

Comments
Philips Official

Hello Brianna, Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to know that you like our Viva Collection AirFryer, and that you were able to prepare different kinds of food in it. Please know that y... read more »

Highland Valley

Model: HD9630/21 XXL Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Excellent Air Fryer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Works really well! I read other reviews before purchasing, and this sounded like a solid piece although more expensive than others. Food comes out crispy on the outside and tender inside. Love using it for salmon. There is nothing like frying in oil, so for items like french fries and sweet potato fries, it works well, but food will be different density than real oily fries. Air fried food is physically lighter.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Zoe. Thanks for taking your time to write this review and we're glad to hear you like it! :) Spread the word.

Frenchmans

Model: HD9621/41 (TurboStar) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Great healthy meals at the touch of a button!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

PRO:
Easy to operate
Easy to clean
Easy recopies to follow
Doesn't take up too much counter space
Food taste very good (bacon, chicken wings, fries, dumplings)
CON:
It really is small in size. Good for 1-2 people who don't eat too much.
Cooking bacon still smells the house (more than in the oven)
Some recipes don't work perfectly and have to be altered for this model.

Model: HD9621/41 (TurboStar) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Healthy lifestyle

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Finally bought it last month, no need to buy a large jar of oil anymore and this helps me to have a much more healthy lifestyle! Best for making chicken wings and nuggets, it can bake, fry and grill which is right suitable for people who are lazy with kitchen work, the mean are not only healthy without oil with this but also making my meal more tasty

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Comments
Philips Official

Hi there, Zelena. Thanks for taking your time to write this review. Glad to hear it contributes to a more healthy and delicious lifestyle! :)

Keep up the good work.