Review rating:

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Seriously an awesome fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

We changed from one of the bigger funds, the change over was extremely painless and the premiums are much less than what we were paying.
We have been with Phoenix for nearly a year and have made one major hospital claim and multiple day surgery claims with no problems what so ever. Highly recommend this fund. Really a no drama fund with great premiums and customer service.

• 1 helpful vote

Good fund!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

Overall the premiums are cheaper than any fund I've looked at for top extras cover its been nearly 2 years since I joined and they have been great! I find them especially generous for dental and optical which is what we mostly use it for. Joining was easy and hicap card turned up quickly.

Best customer service ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

These guys are terrific! They always answer the phone promptly, and even if they can't answer your query on the spot they WILL get back to you. Have only been a member for a few months but very happy so far.

Insurance claim made

Quality! Covers me more and costs less than previous fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

Great value cover! I'm cover for more with Phoenix than my previous fund/product and it actually costs me less. Customer service experience was great and so far my claims are being paid promptly with no hassles - wish I'd heard of them sooner.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Avoid Phoenix Health Fund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

I tried to join today Phoenix Health Fund, after being decades with a different fund. I was speaking to the Phoenix Health Fund telephone operator and we were doing the payment part and she said she had to go. She deliberately hung up on me because she wanted to go home. She said it was her knock off time. Very poor attitude. She was incredibly rude to someone trying to join, imagine what Phoenix Health would be like to those trying to make a claim. I don't need to be treated like dirt when I'm trying to pay an amount of thousands of dollars.

Happy satisfied client.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

I joined Phoenix Health fund in 1970, that's 46yrs ago, I had a couple of kids & now consider myself a 'Senior' citizen. In all those years I never had a problem, all claims have been handled without any hassles, I would definitely recommend this health fund to anyone

Not received cards after joining

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

Not very good customer support. I was advised in email that I will receive a welcome call after I joined online, but no one called after a few days waiting. When I finally had to call them myself to enquire about not receiving my cards, I was told that it was sent out and should receive by end of week. It has been 13 days since I join and I have not receive my health insurance cards. I will cancel the policy if cards not receive by this week.

Insurance claim made

A great fund with high ancilliary benefits and prompt service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2016

Have been a member since 1970. The service has always been prompt with benefits paid for "Extras" always drawing comment as to the high levels paid.

" First impression "

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2016

I only recently joined Phoenix Health Fund & found it a painless procedure (excuse the pun). Avery capable lady by the name Cass walked me through every issue, &answered all my concerens. For first impression I give you Five Stars.

Ballina

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Excellent health cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2015

I have been a customer of Phoenix Health Insurance for over 43 years (literally since I was born) and have found their 'products' and level of service to be nothing sort of fantastic. As this health fund lacks shareholders and is a 'closed', non-profit fund, members are the ones who benefit by way of better rebates and 'coverage' on medical conditions. I like the fact that they are a no-nonsense company that doesn't need to include things like gym membership or other fancy marketing gimmicks to sweeten the deal; they simply do medical insurance, which at the end of the day is all you want

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Very happy trouble free for about 20years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2012

Love Phoenix - have been with them for over 20 years and so has the rest of my family - claims are no problems, staff are efficient and polite, rebates are better than others. I am so glad my dad worked for a relevant company years ago, so I was allowed to join. It is a shame there is no better health insurance rates for persons who look after their health - it would be great if health insurance was like house insurance - cheaper if your risk is loweR. Sadly the government legislated that those who make healthy choices should subsidise the unhealthy choices of others.

+ Very efficient

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

This is a great company and i should have been with them years ago.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2012

I've been with Phoenix for over a year now and i am very impressed.
they dont have shareholders and the benefits i recieve back are far better than my previous fund.

Plus im now purchasing a product that cost me about $90 less than what i used to pay for with my old fund... and it still offers me the same Top hosptial and top extras product!

The best thing is when i call the office, a real person answers straight away!

My advise is to check out the funds that dont advertise on TV and through advertisements in your face. Logic tells me that all this media is paid through members pockets!

I recommend this fund to all my friends because its great value and i'm not paying a mint to keep it.

+ great affordable cover, better than the bigger funds, customer service is perfect

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes