So happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

First time I have used Photobooks Express. Created a 120 page book and so happy. The book was shipped within the 7 working days and delivery took 3 days. Quality of the book is fantastic & very happy with the clarity of the printing and quality of the paper. Will be creating more books - at a great price! M

Comments
Photobooks Express Official

Thank you for your lovely review! :)

Perfect in quality and service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

This is the 2nd photo book I have created with the help of Photobook Express. I received it today and couldn’t be any happier. I was just as impressed with my first book. Both books were 100 pagers and they mean the world to me - so many wonderful memories all captured in one unique book. Thank you so much for the ease, quality and quick (and secure) delivery!!!!!!!!
I’m now onto my 3rd book....

Comments
Photobooks Express Official

Thank you for your wonderful review JaeBea! :)

Taken my money and 2 months later have still not received the books. No one answers my calls and the

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I ordered 29 books from this company. They sent me 21 and forgot 8 of them. I contacted them and was told they were on their way. I contacted them a week later and they told me that I had already received them. I told them I had not. 2 months later after numerous phone calls and no one answering the phone I am still waiting. I now have to buy these books again because parents from my class I teach had brought them. I am now going to be out of pocket of about $500 to replace these books. Stay well away from this company. I am now going to get in touch with Consumer Protection about them because I believe they are a sham. On one phone call when I spoke to someone it was an Indian guy who had a dog barking in the background. I asked him was I actually talking with someone from the company and he said he was at home and the workers work from home. It all sounds like a big cone so don't be fooled by their cheap prices!

Brisbane

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Very unhappy, photo book is almost black

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Photos in my new 130 page photo book are so dark I can't see most of the details, this is the case for every page in the book. No phone support. Online support is always offline. Submitted a ticket for help but despite now being allocated to two people, have received no response or update.

Photobooks.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I would highly recommend your company as producing a very high quality product and delivering it within 2 days to acommodate my deadline.. The service is excellant and the assistance through the help line is spot on. Thank you photobooks express.

Verified Customer

Great Product, Worst Shipping I've Ever Come Acros

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I bought a voucher to purchase 4 photobooks of our wedding as christmas presents for our parents/grandparents. The product is great quality, particularly for the price. I am overall very satisfied with the customer service and products from photobooksexpress.

HOWEVER, they sent the product using Fastway couriers, a company with hundreds of reviews, average of 1 star rating. My shipping was quoted as costing $40. I had to chase up the product via phone, email and facebook (where my comments were deleted) because the courier company failed to deliver/scan in the tracking number/leave correct numbers on calling cards. This situation is not specific to myself, but many people receiving goods from Fastway couriers. It was incredibly stressful going through this as these gifts are to send overseas and were therefore needed ASAP.
I would have given 5 stars had the delivery been smooth, please choose to send via a different courier photobooksexpress.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

I emailed Photobookexpress on Monday to complain my book was printed too dark. They asked me for samples of the photos, explained why they had printed so dark and gave me hints of how to avoid this in future. They then offered to run the book through their software and reprint it. Here it is Friday and I have just received my reprint book and it's perfect. Couldn't ask for better service.

Don't trust the international phone staff!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

Ordered for my father-in-laws 70th birthday - called to make sure I would get it in time. Got told no problems no need to upgrade your order. Surprise surprise there is no photo book! Thanks for ruining my gift for my father-in-law. Never ever again!

Bellingen

• 1 helpful vote

Very bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

My previous experience with photo express was good. However, 3 weeks ago I purchased 2 vouchers to reproduce 2 photobooks of the photo book i had done previously. Following their email instructions, I was not unable to upload the photobook for production. I have phoned and left messages, emailed 3 times, phoned again and their phone cuts out. And I have not received one response to help me with my problem. I am stuck with 2 vouchers and no one is getting back to me. I am now very concerned that i have lost the money i have paid photobookexpress.

fabulous photo book and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2016

I've used photo books express for several books and calendars and the quality is excellent. I would recommend the service to everyone! In the past 100 books, calendars etc ordered there was only an issue with one book and it was reprinted and delivered with no hassles. Keep up the good work!

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

I Love these books

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2016

I have done 9 books now and have another 3 in the pipeline. The programme is easy to use and the end product is really good. The quality of the paper and colours are great, the paper is a heavier weight than others and the gloss pages are lovely.

Comments

I have just done a canvas picture and yet another 120 page photo book for a friends wedding photos and I am as always thrilled with how quickly they were done and the quality of the colours and pro... read more »

Sydney

• 10 comments
  • 15 answers
  • 27 helpful votes

Not enough stars!! Fantastic Service & Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

I have just completed my first Photobook Express Flat Lay Book. The program is similar to other photobooks however Photobook Express have online and telephone support which is absolutely fantastic. These guys clearly know their product and how to answer questions such that a non-computer literate person like myself can understand. Thanks guys!!! If necessary they can take control of your computer or send you individual instructions. Unlike most call centre environments, they will and do spend the time with you.

The book quality and image quality are fantastic and I believe superior to other companies I have used. Thank you just doesn't seem to say enough to a company that helps you publish treasured memories and photos.

PS A word caution, once you complete your first book, you will be addicted to your new hobby.........

I finally made my recipe book.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

I have been threatening for years and finally purchased a recipe book voucher. Lovingly spent hours collating and sourcing matching photos for my family favourite recipes. I am so thrilled with the result. The first friend I showed it to, requested the name of the company so she can make books for her daughters in law. I'm now adding more 'family and friend's recipes to add an extra 20 pages to my duplicated book which I plan on buying multiple copies of and giving as presents to the family / friends. Couldn't be happier.

Sydney

• 1 answer
Private message

Thanks for the good service!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2016

Requested an extension to two previously purchased vouchers. Immediate, positive service. Thanks for the consideration and prompt reply to my request!

No problems so far - but I hate their logo on the back of the photo books

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2015

I've made 2 books so far with Photo Books Express and have had no problems with the finished product. Their standard quality paper is very good - slightly heavier and glossy compared to other companies I've used. The software takes a bit of getting use to, but I found it quite good once I'd used it a number of times and made my own templates for setting out pages (very important as it reduces the time it takes to set thing out). I prefer to download their software and use it offline and then upload the book at the end. Fix all your photos (crop, redeye reduce, correct colour, etc) in some other software BEFORE you upload the photos to their software - it's easier and other software does a better job. You need to review and review and review again - and then get someone else to check it BEFORE you submit it. It seems to be an automated process with no one looking at your order before or after it gets printed so there is no quality control - it's all up to you to check before you submit - I assume this is how they can keep their prices so low. The thing I hate the most is that they put their very ugly, yucky coloured logo on the back cover of all photo books and blot out part of my photo on the cover - why can't they place it inside the back cover? Their prices are excellent - I always buy my vouchers when there is a sale on, but don't submit my order during busy times as I think that they rush orders through and that's when problems start. I'm looking forward to trying the new lie-flat books next time as I like to make my best photos take up the whole page and use some panorama photos to cross over the two pages - friends think these pages look the best and so do I.

Seven Hills, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Really nice photobooks...best & easiest software out there

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2015

Have made three photobooks so far with Photobooks Express. I am happy with their quality and service and will continue to use them. From the very first book I thought the printed photos were not as sharp as I had imagined they would be even though I used the highest resolution photos...but I put this down to the limitations of the printing process and have learned to accept it and am satisfied. I have downloaded and used the software from the other photobook suppliers and Photobooks Express downloadable software (haven't used the online version yet) is by far the best and easiest to use....being able view the project in full screen is just wonderful...as opposed for example to the one provided by H****y N****n Photos which is absolutely awful and complete rubbish for designing a photobook. This is the photobooks company I would definitely recommend to my friends and family.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Wonderful products and fantastic quality.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2015

I have made numerous books and other products with this company and I find their software very easy to use and the books are such good quality. My friends can't believe how beautiful they are, when you purchase a voucher the prices are unbelievably cheap for such amazing products. This is a wonderful company who have great products!!

LOVE Photobooks Express

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2015

I have been using Photobooks Express for a couple of years. I was prompted to write this review when I chanced to read some already here and they were not glowing. I don't know how anyone could criticise any aspect of this company.
They are totally reliable, their work is magnificent, their prices are amazing. I cannot find enough superlatives to describe them and do not have a single criticism When friends see my books, they are in awe. Makes me feel good. ( Ha ha.) They think I am so clever and it is all the spectacular productions that this company produce for me.
I have also given several presents....mainly books, but mugs and calendars and have done Christmas cards, and my friends, relatives and I have all been totally thrilled with the products.

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Excellent quality product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2015

I had difficulty when I started on my first photobook, problems mainly with uploading photos. After using it for a while now I love it. I discovered the "hide used pictures" option makes it much easier! I use the online version and strangely I have a limited amount of backgrounds and embellishments on my home laptop compared to opening the same online project on my work computer. The photobook I received was EXCELLENT quality, with lay flat pages on normal paper with hard cover, and I couldn't be happier. I'm now working on my second one and I'm finding more and more ways of being creative. e.g. stretch a photo over the double page (low quality doesn't matter), send it to back and adjust opacity - or effects. Then the background used behind that changes the look also. I think many of the negative issues mentioned in the posts below are "non-problems" and just needed thinking through. I had problems recently putting an order through when one photo was causing problems. I phoned the Helpline number (on a Melbourne public holiday) and there was a very helpful person who suggested I save the project under a different name. He stayed on the line until I knew I was ok.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

How can this be a good product?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2015

Do not waste your time with this product. I am a competent computer user and have use many photo software and I found photobooksexpress sluggish, sticky and slow. What I find most annoying is it doesn't align photos vertically or horizontally or evenly spaced apart. If you want your photos on the page in a straight line at the top of the page, without using their template (there isn't one for this anyway) you have to rely on your eyesight. The ruler may help but it's difficult to know if the photos are exact and it can make all the difference when you get the product printed. It will be obvious if your pic's are 1 ml out up or down! Photbooksexpress don't do refunds. Beware.

1 of 3 pages

I am making a recipe book. Is there anyway of loading recipes already typed from a word document or do I have to retype every recipe onto the program. I can upload photos but what about the text - ie recipes

Joy asked on Jan 23, 2018

Am in the process of doing a photo book. I keep getting a warning over one photo which says 'low quality picture' can this be fixed or if left will it still be developed i my book?

Judi Leyland asked on Jun 26, 2016

Answer this

I've had that with old photos that have been scanned. I did a family album and all the old photos ( black and white or sepia) came up as low quality and looked just the same as the originals when the book was printed. If you are trying to make the photo too big it can pixilate a bit and it will get picked up. You can try and make the picture a bit smaller as that sometimes helps. If it has an exclamation mark on it and it looks fuzzy or out of focus I wouldn't use it, but if it looks alright when you look at the page full size I would ignore the warning. I usually get one book printed, check it and then do copies for family etc if I need them, that way I can make the odd formatting change or pick up any problems before I print out any extras.

Many thanks for this feed back, cheers Judi

Hi, sorry about the delay in replying - I am in Mongolia wirthout internet access, Suggest you try and reduce the size of the picture until the low quality flag disappears. Also when you re-size the picture, re drag it from the ablum on the side of the page. This often helps quality. When you look at a low quality image on preview, the quality may not be that bad. Hope this helps, Also the help line is fantastic for such quesrions,

despite the faults in my pages re out of focus I still wish to place my order faults and all, please let me know how I can do that?

lhoulist asked on May 13, 2015

Answer this

I have no idea, you need to check with the help desk at photo books express. All I can tell you is that they won't correct the faults for you. Good Luck, I hope it turns out OK.
Best wishes, Margaret