In September 2017, Switch Homes rebranded to Pindan Homes.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

We would highly recommend Pindan Homes to anyone.

From the minute we met with Mark we knew we had found our builder. Going into our first build and dealing with a block that had a 5 1/2 metre decline, Pindan took it head on and designed our dream home, understanding our needs and wants. Experiencing a few hurdles along the way with council approvals and an extremely difficult neighbour, Mark, Adrian, Steve and Steph made the process stress free (for us anyway!) and worked constantly in demanding conditions, but always had time for our many questions and queries with a happy and positive attitude, they really are an assets to the company. The quality of the build from the brickwork to the finishes are better than we ever could have expected. The trade quality that Pindan use are second to none, not only the amazing quality of work they do but are friendly, experienced and knowledgeable.

For a time we wondered if we were ever going to be able to build with the issues faced, but the team at Pindan not only guided and supported us, but went out of there way to fight in our defense to ensure that our home was built.

It has been an absolute pleasure working with the team and we would definitely build with them again.

Thanks again!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

We love our new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

We would build with Pindan Homes again! From the day my husband and I met Mark our building design consultant who took us through the design stages we have had nothing but great support. The final design was all ours and we have had nothing but compliments from the Building Supervisor and the trades that we met who loved what Pindan helped us achieve with our home. Our building supervisor Vince was fantastic and not once did he fail to answer our questions, and happily attended site after hours to answer our questions about aspects of the build.

We really wanted to move in before our wedding in April and Pindan moved heaven (and lots of earth) to help us get there on time. The quality is amazing and the few small maintenance issues we have reported were dealt with promptly and courteously.
We love our new home and if you choose to build with Pindan, Mark, Steph, Vince and the rest of the team will do everything they can to make your dream house a reality. Thank you!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Built an awesome home!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

After the wife and I decided to build a house, we met with quite a few building company consultants, but felt like they didn't understand what we were after and just wanted to show off their design skills... But when we met with a Switch consultant, we felt that he understood what our vision was and worked with us to achieve what we wanted... Nothing was too difficult and he often met us outside of office hours and even called us when we were travelling in South Korea a few days before Christmas to finalise the design...
We used one of their standard designs as a base and heavily modified it and took elements from several other designs they had including changing the roof design from a standard 25degree roof pitch to a 12degree skillion roof design...

Prestart was very easy for us, we met with several design/pre-start consultants who helped us to choose our colours and designs for tiles, paint and external render... They were all very knowledgeable and helpful, again, nothing was too difficult...

Overall, we were happy with the build, we did hit a problem with our roof because of the skillion design... We got delayed by about 6 weeks due to items in the roof cavity needing to be built out of order... This was a little frustrating and required me to escalate it within Switch... After meeting with the Construction Manager a few times, he was able to provide a schedule for upcoming works and got it taken care of immediately...
Once we got past the roof "hiccup" the rest of the build went smoothly and when it came time for PCI, there were only a few minor defects which needed to be touched up which were taken care of reasonably quickly...

My wife and I are very happy with the construction quality, as its definitely a step above other builders out there and would definitely choose Switch to build with!!! We've had so many people come up to us and make comment about how awesome and beautiful the house looks as its not a standard "cookie-cutter" design...

I would also like to say a special thank you to our Client Liasion Officer, she was an absolute delight to work with and would always follow up questions and queries very quickly!!!

• 1 review

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2015

What a nightmare!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Workmanship & quality of build disgusting!! Still trying to get problems fixed 18 months after move in. Company does not want to fix anything that they can't make a claim back on someone else. Have been given heaps of chances & time to fix things but are still claiming not their fault!!
Well as the home owner it certainly wasn't my fault, come on Switch fix our home!!!
From House Inspector's report -
1. Plaster not up to Australian Standards
2. Spouts over ensuite basins too long - although we chose taps & basins we were not advised that they were not compatible - we can not wash
our faces or brush our teeth at these.
3. Spout over semi ensuite basin too long. They have agreed to fix this but I had to source the item which MAY fix the problem. Cannot wash or brush teeth here either.
4. Broken limestone step up to house broken.
5. Brickwork not up to Australian standards - has since been repaired by rendering complete house at no cost.

Other problems during construction
1. Mess up with ducted aircon, single split installed in one bedroom as beams missed during plan & unable to get pipework through to area.
2. Wrong laundry sink & wrong hot plate installed & had to be redone.
3. Wrong kitchen tap installed also redone.
4. Shadow line cornicing all crooked had to be redone.
5. Floor tiles not ordered in time, had to pick new ones. Switch say discontinued, supplier says not ordered in time although they had plenty of time to do so.
6. Spacing above kitchen cupboards crooked, had to be redone.
7. Wrong drain system in ensuite, had to be redone.
8. Drain for bath not put in, had to be redone.
9. Taps in ensuite not installed in middle of feature tiles.
10. Grout work terrible in a lot of places.
11. Awning windows installed crooked have been fixed but still getting bubbles & flaked paint in our main bedroom.
12. Door frame above door in powder room a mess.
13. Steel pole holding up far corner of alfresco was not long enough so 2 shorter pieces were welded together!
14. Front door took months to have replaced as was large gaps letting the rain in.
15. Had to order a different shower head to semi ensuite as original touched the top of head.
Plus, plus, plus! I doubt if there is a straight wall or door in the place!
Really bad job on this one Switch!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2016

Really Happy with their Professionalism

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Switch did a great job in making sure everything was followed up after we signed off. Any issues they made sure they were corrected. Well done. Our home looks great.
They have a good team working for them and we found it easy to ring up and get good service. Our pool builder, Pools by Design did not have this level of professionalism.
Thank you.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Time to Switch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

If you are looking for a builder, I cannot recommend Switch Homes highly enough.

We were initially impressed with their display home in Cygnia Cove in Waterford and the sales representative was very accommodating and did not have to do the 'hard sell'. The property spoke for itself. From our very first meeting with Fiona to discuss our plans, we immediately felt very comfortable with our choice of builder. Fiona was fantastic in drawing up the designs to meet our specifications and she spent an inordinate amount of time ensuring that we were happy with our final decision. Then it came time to select the products and again Fiona was with us all the way. We then met Jen for Pre-Start and her extensive product knowledge was of great help and again, like Fiona, she was so obliging. Our Client Liaison, Gayna has been absolutely fantastic; providing constant and continual updates and always being available if needed and attending to any matters expediently. Our Building Supervisor, Richard, has also been awesome. One thing I really appreciate is the honesty and transparency from everyone from Switch. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Their professionalism, workmanship and customer relations has been second to none. I'm so glad we chose Switch Homes.

Perth WA

• 1 answer

THANK YOU, SWITCH!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

THANK YOU, SWITCH!
If you are reading this with a view to selecting a builder for your new home, please read on because we hope you’ll be convinced as we share our very recent building experience with Switch Homes.
We received handover of our home just before Christmas 2016 and are delighted with the result. The house that Switch has delivered to us is well-built and one that we are happy and comfortable to be in.
We have built a few times in our lifetime and having personally worked in the building industry for several years, we tend to have high expectations of what constitutes a good build. In our view, Switch has proved themselves to be a good builder and we can honestly recommend them. Their staff are experienced in their respective fields, professional, customer-focussed and conduct their work with integrity. We also found their pricing fair.
While it took some time for our project to get off the starting mark, once construction commenced progress was made at a steadily healthy pace. Our supervisor, Clive, kept things moving and had good trades under his watchful eye. When things weren’t right (as often happens in any build), he got on to them and resolved the issues. We are grateful to Clive for being instrumental in delivering our home on time, a seemingly impossible task at the time of our sign-up. Even now, in the early weeks of our moving into our new home, Clive continues to ensure that unfinished details are competently attended to. We must say that we have been happy with the trades whom Switch engages.
Thank you also to each member of the Switch team who worked with us throughout the building journey, namely: (and there could have been a few more, behind the computers in the office, thank you to you too!)
Colin, our sales consultant, who is experienced and was willing to work with us until the building contract was ‘right’ for us. He is a hardworking man and has been most helpful with contacts and information to help us throughout the building process. This is quite extraordinary compared to other building sales consultants we’ve had in past builds who would cease contact once the contract has been signed;
Jen, our pre-start consultant, who really knows her stuff and was a breeze to work with;
Gayna, our client liaison officer, who is always very prompt and efficient in her role as the liaison person between us and the supervisor as well as keeping us informed of progress or issues;
Adrian, Switch’s construction manager and a true asset to the company, who embodies what we‘ve come to recognize as the Switch ethos - a solid builder of quality homes who conduct their business with pride, fairness and integrity.
Thank you again, Switch Homes for Living! You have been true to your word.
Patrick

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

First Home Buyers Dream

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

I feel obligated to express how fair and wonderful this building experience has been for me especially as a first-time home builder. When reading product reviews on home builders, i found the reviews to be either really positive or very negative and therefore i had a lot of confusion and anxieties committing to a project builder. Switch Homes were relatively new to the scene for me, but i knew that they were backed by Pindan. At the time, there were no product reviews on them so i felt like i was taking a punt with them. I am so thankful i went with Switch Homes.

Switch Homes were upfront and completely transparent from the start. I worked with Mark Stillman who was realistic with what could be achieved with my building budget and visited me onsite to troubleshoot areas that may affect the design of the home. I was able to access display homes during its build process to see the quality before they were neatly presented for home openings. Customer service was exceptional before making a deposit and that quality of service continued throughout. Mark helped me prioritise what i wanted out of the build to meet my budget and i was presented with professional drawings of my future home with several redrawings as we got closer to my dream home. Costs were clearly itemised and estimated accurately which meant i could lock in decisions without having nasty surprises down the track. The builders standard specs and inclusions in our package were of a fair quality and known brands that i could review prior to signing the contract. We seldom needed to upgrade unlike with other projects builders who's 'luxury' range were really standard entry level fittings for Switch Homes. I also gained confidence working with an interior designer (provided by Switch Homes) to locking in finishing touches for our tiling and kitchen. The build process ran smoothly.

For the construction phase, my Client Liaison Officer was Stephanie Bonasera and site supervisor, Russell. They are excellent and informative. I received regular updates with the build process and any queries were answered within 2 days and resolved within the week. If there was an issue, Steph was excellent at communicating on my behalf and got results fast. I loved that i was approached first if there were any uncertainties ahead and i was given the drivers seat to change them (ie. cabinetry). She could foresee any problems ahead before i would and this saved me several hours from ever having to chase up them up myself during my own work time. Steph is brilliant. If there were any disagreements, we were able to come to an effective solution quickly. Russell is a very experienced builder and organised the trades well for the build to run with minimal delays. There was even a point where it was forecasted that our home would be completed two months ahead of schedule. Sadly we didnt receive our keys before christmas but i was impressed that trades continued to work right up to the very end before xmas break.

There really isnt much left to go now, and compared to other friends first-home building experiences, ours is a dream run!!! I would give Switch Homes 5 stars but then i would run the risk of being another heavily biased review. Overall, they are fairly priced, had quality inclusions, good craftsmanship and a knowledgable builder with good communication to the clients in a timely manner. They are completely transparent so no surprises or upsets during the build. There were occasional hiccups with trades missing minor details to the build requirements, but this was picked up either by me or the builder, and acted upon quickly.

The experience with Switch Homes has succeeded my expectations and calmed any fears i had with building. I would gladly do it again.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2016

Living Comfortably

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

Building three homes with Switch homes has been a great experience, would recommend to any one as Switch Homes are very professional and helpful. We our happy with our end results due to matching our plans from the beginning with a few altered changes. Switch homes helped us save money as well as help make decisions from start to finish along with support through out the entire process.

Perth

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Building with Switch has been a great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

Our build is almost done, we nearing the final stages with a few bits and pieces to go before PCI. We have been very happy with the process. From the sales experience, to the design, to the prestart, and now to the build phase. Both our site supervisor Richard and our client liaison officer Gayna have been excellent. Gayna has been very responsive and extremely accomodating. Richard has kept our build on track and as a result the build has been a breeze and completed very quickly. Cannot fault them.
Throughout the process we have only had two mishaps and these were rectified straight away which we greatly appreciate. When you are paying so much money for a product like a house you want it done right, and through both these mishaps Switch have been very accomodating and never made us feel uncomfortable raising our concerns. Customer service-wise it has been a very enjoyable experience.
The workmanship so far has been great, and the speed of the build has been amazing and much faster than we expected.
Overall we have enjoyed out experience and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Switch based on the positive experience we have had.

perth

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

So far so good!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

Our build is still progressing.
After almost a year of researching different builders we decided to go with Switch homes. Fiona our design consultant was fantastic and really listened to what we wanted. I must of sent 100's of emails with questions and queries all which were answered promptly, she is probably one of the main reason we decided to build with Switch homes, impeccable customer service, an asset to the company! Fiona still checks in with us to see how it's all going.

Gayna, Our Customer Liaisons officer is amazing, easy to deal with and goes above and beyond to find answers to any questions that we have had and changes we have wanted to make.
Had one change in building supervisors, not really an issue, only really had a meet and greet on site but I'm sure we will meet up more as the build progresses.

So far so good and If our build continues like this we will be very happy.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

If building was this easy, I may do it more often

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

It was a wonderful experience building our first home with Switch. The whole team (Mark, Angela, Stephanie and Vince) responded to our queries quickly and efficiently. They were all very helpful, and as they were able to draw on their years of experience and knowledge, they were able to give us good advice and keep us on track. We are happy with the workmanship in the house and we would gladly refer any friends, family or colleagues to Switch.

Kewdale

Stupendous Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2016

Building with Switch Homes has been a wonderful experience. From the early stages of planning, the sales and design consultant Mark was professional, helpful and provided suggestions incorporated into the home, which has improved our lifestyle and saved us money in the long term. We even ended up with a beautiful clay tile roof which we can admire from the front at no extra charge!. As this wasn't our first build, we took our time in making sure we had everything in place. Mark and the drafting team were so patient and fantastic as this process took six or so iterations before finalising the plan and making the deal.

Switch provided some rendered versions of the exterior of the home and main internal areas, such as the kitchen and other cupboard areas, so that we could visualize how things would look in 3D. They even provided electronic copies of drawings in PDF and AutoCAD format, so that I could amend them as things were added to the plans over time.

Pre-start, although a daunting and exhausting process, was conducted in a way that resulted in choices which best suited our living lifestyle and ended up not being such an onerous task at all. Lots of laughs were had in the action packed one day marathon event held in the well equipped showroom. Sustenance was provided in the form of copious amounts of tea, coffee (to keep the attention levels up while we contemplated colour choices, styles, different brands, more colours, more styles etc....) and nibbles provided, making for a relaxing atmosphere. The only issue with the pre-start step of building is to make sure you keep a close eye on your wallet, because spending lots of money can get seriously out of control with all the upgrades, which we all want to make our home feel like that display version we first see.

Construction of the home was absolutely superb!!! Having built homes previously, I can't fault anything and have only praise for the teams that contributed to producing the final product. Most of the different construction teams (grano's, brickies, chippies, plasterer's, sparkies etc.) were sub-contracted by Switch, so you really have to make sure you get a site construction manager that has his teams all set up. Having a great site construction manager such as Vince is absolutely vital. Vince was so particular and such a professional, making sure the trades were coordinated. Our home grew using quality components from birth to maturity with very minimal growing pains, resulting in a first class home. He was a perfectionist when it came to quality and was very approachable and helpful in fixing the little things and making sure we were well informed throughout the process. The home is so impressive, we've had several people tell us it's the best in the neighbourhood!!! All the while in dealing with us, coordinating the teams for our home and working on many other projects and dealing with other peoples issues, he maintained a great sense of humour as well. Vince is a legend and will remain immortalised in our minds for ever more!!!

Before handover, Switch provided an independent inspector to check on their workmanship. This is fantastic for the customer, as we have paid for this separate service on our previous builds to provide insurance for us and to keep the builder honest. However, we didn't have to worry about this with Switch and we had peace of mind that the things Vince or we missed would be picked by the independent, which all ended up being minor items as expected.

Bringing it all together and providing those lines of communications was our Customer Liaisons Officer - Gayna. Gayna is a absolutely fantastic. Nothing is ever any trouble and she is wonderful to deal with. Gayna is always on top of things and will provide updates on the build with progress photos. She is so diligent and professional in her job and just a wonderful person.

They say a company is as only good as it's employees. For Switch Homes, the people I've mentioned above are indispensable assets to making the company successful. They are the fabric of the organisation and deserve high praise and recognition of their dedication in making sure the company is represented well.

Thanks to all at Switch Homes for a stupendous Experience and quality built home.

Excellent - First rate service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

As far as building a house goes I think this was as painless as it could be. Gayna was fantastic. She kept me informed and was always willing to hunt down an answer to any question. In anything like this issues will always arise, but Gayna would always let me know the status and what they were doing about it. The team seemed to be on the front foot the whole time. Clive was great - kept things moving seamlessly and the quality is excellent. Clive was very patient and respectful in dealing with neighbours and fixed a few issues for me along the way too. Switch were also very flexible to help me out when I had trouble sorting out the fencing right at the end of the build (at the worst possible time). Thanks to all involved for making it a smooth process.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2016

Thank god for attentive and caring Client Liaison Officer and Supervisors...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2016

Dealt initially with a knowledgeable design consultant, Mark, who was easy to deal with. Even after sending him many, many queries and questions, he was always willing to assist and provide useful suggestions. There were a few times during the prestart phase that I thought my questions were not being dealt with by the prestart consultant, but a quick follow up to Mark got the ball rolling again!

As with any build there were a few issues during the build, but once brought to the builders attention they were dealt with rather swiftly, a sign of a good building company.

Quality of some tradies were not to a high standard, but most issues were rectified by using other tradies. Some issues still outstanding, but nothing major.

Our saving grace during this building process was our Client Liaison Officer, Gayna, who we felt was always on our side. She had fantastic communication skills and even if the query was outstanding she would always flick an email to let me know its still being dealt with. Regular fortnightly updates that were never missed. Switch need to give her a payrise!!

Our supervisor Richard was great. He was knowledgeable and fair and always willing to sort out issues with the build.

I dont think anyone can say they went through the building process without any hiccups, but as long as the builders come to the party and rectify any issues and queries in a timely manner, and the end result is a quality build, then its a good build for me.

Great customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

Build still progressing had a few hiccups at the start with trade quality - which was sorted by Switch
Peace of mind knowing Switch supply an official inspector to check our final build.
We have had a few supervisors, within the build, but very happy with the one we ended up with thank you Andreas any issues we have had are always been actioned or fixed promptly.
Gayna Our Customer Liaisons officer is amazing,she has made this building process so much easier and a real pleasure to deal with, goes above and beyond customer service and is always there for our needs.
A real asset to the company. Thankyou Gayna x x

Mandurah

• 1 review

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2016

Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

Thats another week gone by and switch have done it again. We took possession of our home on the 13th of May we did our list for practical completion the same day because we needed in we were told we would be in 2 months earlier. Had about 40 faults to be rectified and we paid 500,000 for this house and the standard of the tradies was atrocious. Turned on the kitchen tap and the water came through the ceiling in the activity room they did not connect the waste part of the ceiling came down there are still more than 20 outstanding items. They are the worst experience I have had in tradesmen. I am a brickie to trade and I have never seen anything like this, they had to render my side wall it was so bad and i can't take any more of the lies from the trades to the general manager. They told me my doors were going yellow because of the paint they use and the paint manufacturer has a disclaimer on the tin all I asked was for crisp white i could go on and on but i am afraid its of to the building commission for me if you are thinking of building with them do what the name says and SWITCH.

October 11th 2016 Update: Worst builder I have dealt with

The standard of the trades is a disgrace. The way they treated the house was disgraceful --iting in the toilets that were bran new smoking in the house even found a bong in one room the way management treat you is a joke. Paid in full for my house in May there was about 40 defects on the pci and be lucky if half have been completed. Had the building manager down on 30th of September said he had no time to listen to the story of the build because he had his kids to pick up. He was stinking of booze and didn't want to know that was the forth person we have had at the property and still no further on. I have had enough its of to the building commission for me.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Thank you for building a home not a house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

This was our first build and we didnt have answers to the what, when and why questions but Switch had all the HOW responses. Their expeirence in building houses helped us see the big picture by showing us HOW to build a family home. Their experience in building a premium property for the right price made our decision to not look for another builder.

Their new Construction Manager has this place humming and anyone that is wanting to build will find that the design, prestart, construction and handover process under full control.
Building can be confusing if you dont have the right team on your side. With Switch we felt like we were a basketball team with 3 extra players.

Our house was built in under 1yr and the workmanship has been excellent. If we notice something that doesnt look right then a simple email with a picture is all it takes to fix up.

Thank you Col (brains/design), Steph (engine room/office CLO) and Russell (policeman/site supervisor) for building our home - not just a house.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Switch - A good quality build, but delivered with unreasonable delays

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Switch produce a good Quality Product. Build was adequately managed. However, the build time took much longer than necessary, due to complications which were poorly managed. Adrian, Switch's new construction manager came into company 3/4 way through build, and was excellent in resolving issues. When building did not meet with design, they were very good at rectifying any problems. Found Switch to be reasonable to deal with and would recommend them to someone considering a new build - just keep them time accountable.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Happy to build with Switch Homes again!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

My wife and I decided to build with Switch Homes because we liked their Boardwalk Display Home and because their Design & Building Consultant (Mark) was very helpful in modifying standard plans to suit our needs.

Switch provided a number of referees (who were all happy with the service they had received) and all of the contract terms were made available to us for consideration before any commitment was needed on our part.

We were advised at the outset that the build time was likely to be 15 months and handover is currently expected in about a month, almost 15 months to the day from the commencement of site works.

Having been involved in the construction of around 40 homes over the years it is clear all building projects will have complications and there have been a number of minor issues during the construction of our new home with Switch. However the Client Liaison Officer and Supervisor have been prompt to provide advice, always in a friendly manner and Switch have tried to accommodate our needs where possible.

The tradesmen on site have been friendly and polite and aside from a number of minor issues the build quality has been to a good standard.

During the process we have had to reselect various fittings (light shades for example, due to suppliers no longer carrying a particular item) however Switch have been quick to advise when this has occurred and in most cases there has not been any additional cost.

From my experience it is not possible to build a new home without some issues. However we would be happy to build with Switch Homes again as the staff involved have been excellent to deal with (Gayna and Mark in particular), they have tried to go the extra mile to help us, and all in all we are very happy with the result to date.

Adam & Suzie