Tasmania

• 2 answers

Car: Mazda 6

Happy with these tyres

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I brought a Mazda 6 and it needed new tyres straight away. I did some research and come across the Pirelli dragons which I asked about at Bob Jane, I was originally looking Goodyear. I have had them on the car now for 2 years, and in that time have done approximately between 15-20k kms. I realise this is not much but the terrain has varied from tarmac to gravel roads and bush tracks (family property that was left untouched for some time). There is still a significant amount of tread and traction has been great. I will look at getting this tyres again when it is time to replace. I do recommend these tyres.

Wollongong, NSW

Car: Subaru Liberty 2007

Great all rounder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Got them brand new from Tempe Tyres (they usually have the best prices and good service too). I have 215/45/R17 on my '07 Subaru Liberty. They are very good and grippy tyres. Took them and drove during a blizzard in Snowy Mountains. Got sufficient wet grip during rain. Road noise is also very minimal

Purchased at: Tempe Tyres

Melbourne

Car: Toyota Aurion 2009

Awesome spec tyre!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

Recently picked up 4 of these for a Toyota Aurion, amazing performances all round, the car is now driving very tightly. Even in the wet, the performance has improved drastically, really able to drive with confidence!

This slightly firmer tyre really balances out with the Aurion's bouncy suspension, giving you a much more neutral driving experience.

Definitely worth the money!

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty Tuned by STi

Very reliable tire overall

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

I have had these tires on my 2007 Subaru Liberty which I don’t drive too softly & they have been quite good overall with grip & cornering. Also really quite good in the wet which is what I really wanted from the tire so overall its 2 thumbs up from me. :)

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Car: 2013 Volkswagen Golf MK7 103TSI Highline

Very good tyres

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Bought 4 X 225/45R17 91W Pirelli Dragon Sport for my Volkswagen Golf MK7 from Motor Sport Wheels and Tyres in Dandenong. My first impressions are very good, this tyres are nice and very well balanced. Quiet on road with excellent braking on wet and dry surfaces. This is not very expensive tyres but I will be recommended for everyone.

Car: 2010 VW Golf GTI

So much better than the Bridgestones

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2018

Great grip, low noise, good wearing, low cost.
Much better than the much more expensive Bridgestone Potenzas - the noise went to the back of the car when I replaced the front 2! Couldn't believe the difference!
After another 12 months I'm buying a 2nd pair to replace the rears so I'll now have 4 Pirellis. :-)

NSW

Car: Toyota Corolla

Awesome and relatively cheap.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Really good tyres. Road noise is low and they perform great in the wet. They will stop on a dime and don't slide around in the wet.

The Pirelli Dragon Sports wear really well. I haven't noticed any unusual wearing in certain spots either.

I have bought another 4 for my other car. Would recommend.

Car: Mazda 3 MPS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Purchased for my mazda 3 mps, very durable, comfort and long lasting tyres.

Very efficient and worth the money at the given price point compared to other tyres.

If you want a tyre that will outlast others in the same price range, definitely go for this tyre as it is built to last.

Car: 2016 Golf GTI

Great for driving long distances

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I typically drive highways back and forth on the motorway and on country roads and the tyres are doing very well. They grip quite well on wet roads. I got these tyres for a decent price and they're good for an all-rounder style driving. They don't slip and they don't screech when I go around corners or roundabouts. I've bought poor quality tyres for the same price which have slipped in roundabouts so never again.

Purchased at: AAA Tyre Factory

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Car: Toyota 86

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Just put a set of Pirelli Dragon Sports on my Toyota 86, and what a difference. As everyone know the stock tyres are crap. The Pirelli's have far better grip in dry & wet conditions. I also think the ride is a bit softer. Maybe not quite as quiet but hard to tell. Not sure how long they will last only time will tell. Oh BTW paid $125 ea fitted 215/17 45.

Perth, Western Australia

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Car: 2016 WRX & 2015 Volvo Polestar S60

Great tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Ive now put these on 2 cars...VERY impressed at how smooth and quiet they are. Grip wet and dry is also very good. My new favourite tyre. I put these on my 2016 Subaru WRX as the Dunlop Maxx were so noisey, Instant improvement. They are quite well priced as well.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Car: VW CC 2011

satisfied with my purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

I have changed all 4 tires with this and its about 500 KM now and I am happy.
I felt instant soft ride and less noise as soon as i started driving, but maybe my previous tires were so bad (not sure).
I purchased at bob jane and advised to fill with nitrogen. I originally wanted Bridges RE003 but it was expensive at the time and Pirelli had more competitive offer.

I just have a feeling that it might wear quick specially at side.

overal happy

Car: Skyline GTR

Great tyre at a reasonable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2017

Perfect tyre for all weather having previously used falken tyres in the past was quite surprised by the level of performance and less road noise than most performance tyres out there. Durability seems to be quite descent overall a great all rounder if your looking for a decent tyre at a reasonable price.

Car: They are fitted to a Volvo s60 T5

Excellent tyres good quality and price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

I have had the Dragon Sport tyres fitted to my vehicle and have covered 6,000 klms since they are quiet handle the roads well and provide excellent grip in the wet they were considerably less in price than the equivalent Michelin's and offer the same safety factors have also fitted Pirelli's to my second vehicle

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

Car: 2012 Lexus IS250

Excellent Tyres, Low noise, good cornering and steering feel.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Have done 1000km thus far, no visible wear. Improved turn in and grip and cornering on Lexus is250. Much quieter compared to stock Turanzas T001 on car. Lighter and agile steering turn in. Much improved over old set of tyres. Also a fair bit quieter and more comfortable. Front 225/45 R17, Rear 245/45 R17 Staggered setup. On special as well $100 off from Pirelli for set of 4

Canberra

• 6 answers
Private message

Car: 2005 Subaru Liberty Wagon (215/45 R17)

Great tyres

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

These tyres rate equivalent to my previous favorite tyres the Pirelli P7000. For the price, these tyres deliver nice ride comfort, not too noisy and grip is quite good. Personally I would spend a little more and get some Michelin pilot sport 3. But these are a close second given the price.

Car: 2003 VY SS

Average at best

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

The traction is not very deep, there is a lot of gap between the treat patterns like an $80 tyre and they give off a fair bit of road noise. They feel like they're wearing out very fast, and my car is not lowered or has any kind of negative camber. As I said these have the look, feel and sound of $80 tyres, not worth $170ea. I bought 2 of these, and I regret it.

• 21 helpful votes

Car: 2004 Ford XR8 Ute

Best tyre I've ever used. Period!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

Currently a 2004 XR8 Ute. I travel 1200+ km per week at 75% country/highway 25% city & have been doing so for 23 years. My driving style varies from moderate to spirited & have tried many, many different tyres over the years. These Pirelli Dragon Sports (245/40/18) are the best by a long way. Quiet, comfortable ride yet grip extremely well front & rear, in wet or dry conditions even when pushed very hard (ie having fun). At $209 per corner they perform far better than others I've tried at 3x the price. So far I've put over 33000 kms on them & they are roughly half worn, have worn very evenly, yet still feel pretty close to new. I would highly recommend these tyres to anybody, particularly with full sized, rear drive cars. I absolutely love 'em.

Purchased at: Kmart Tyre & Auto Service

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer

Car: Kia cerato Koup si 2012

really good grip but loses tracktion quickly

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

i have only had these tyres for about 2-3 months and had a service in between then and they said i might need to look at new tyres soon as the traction is getting low. the are nice tyres though and i did notice a difference in the car ride. it was more smooth and hugged the road better.

Canberra

• 1 review

Car: Subaru liberty

Good tyre but have understeer is an issue

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Was using Bridgestone potenza re003 tyres before and never understeered but within 6000 km of having the Pirelli dragon sports have understeered twice. Good tyres at low speeds but above 60km/h will understeer. I was driving an all wheel drive Subaru with traction control and stability control. Overall good tyre but not the best

Purchased at: JAX Tyres