adelaide

• 2 answers

Car: Mitsubishi Pajero 2005

Good Highway Bias Tyres

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Fitted a set 3 years ago. After 50k replaced front tyres - rear are still good at 60k. Very good on the bitumen - have done trips to WA , Vict and NSW. Quiet and good handling tyre. Off road are ok but if you are doing more than 20% off road you should look at something more tougher - had puncture to tyre with 50k wear from sharp rock which maybe is understandable.

Darwin

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Car: 2015 VW Amarok

Not value for money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

A245/70 R 16 Skorpions fitted as new to my VW Amarok. We are just shy of 48K with these & will maybe make 50K if lucky. They handle well on the black stuff but 98% of our driving has been in Darwin town with some highway use. Handling on the small amount of dirt has been acceptable. I will purchased one more to mate with the as new spare & will replace the others with something more durable. There are many more tyres out there, some at a lower price point, that perform better.

Car: BmwX5

Make driving easier and more natural

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Scorpion ATR uses the most advanced technology of Pirelli, has a distinctive pattern block and linear groove, can guarantee the high performance of the tires, excellent grip is a great advantage, in the wetland also has a good grip. Significantly reduce road noise during driving. Make driving easy and natural, whether on the road or in off-road conditions

Car: Ford Ranger

These tyres have changed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I have had two sets of ATRs before this set.The tyres have performed Ok however after 15k the tread has started to flake off. Looks like a rat has chewed them. Admittedly I have towed a caravan and done some dirt road work. I Purchased May 2018 My set are made in CHINA. I will not purchase another set.

Purchased at: Tyresales.com.au

Car: 2006 Honda accord

Pirelli a sporty tyre

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

These tyres are so durable and functionable and very sporty. These increases the mileage along with the stability. Long life tyres but lacks wet grip. The dry grip is awesome and can do corners. Worthy for the price provided. Sometimes bumpy on uneven roads and platforms but good on smooth road

Brisbane

Car: Mitsubishi Pajero 2015

Best Tyres I have put on my 4WD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

The tyres are the best set I have put on my car, my fuel economy has improved, the ride is a lot smoother and there is a lot less noise than the previous tyres. They are a well priced tyre, great value for money well worth comparing if you are in the market for new tyres.

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Car: 2008 Mazda BT 50.

Just a great tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

I've had two sets so far, and they've done the Cape, including the OTT, the Gibb, with all the associated detours, the Tanami, the Oodnadatta and Birdsville Tracks and the Plenty Highway. No punctures, no chipping, just a perfect all rounder. High speed travelling or atrocious surfaces are all the same to these tyres. They run well at low pressures and perform well on all surfaces. I'd recommend these to anyone.

Sydney

Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Shogun Sport/Challenger 4WD

Immediate Improvement Onroad

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Loved the old Bridgestones on my 4WD, but searched extensively online for good priced offroad tyres and eventually scored a great price at Tempe Tyres on a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR. The Scorpions made an immediate improvement to the grip and onroad comfort of the truck and I've also noticed better handling overall. Limited offroad tracks at this stage, but I'm very pleased with my choice.

• 7 comments
  • 63 helpful votes

Car: Hyundai Santa Fe

excellent tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

These have been the third set of tyres on our santa fe and by far the best. They have been very quiet and just feel so much better than the Kumho we had on before, but they were more expensive than the kumho too. It is fairly hard to remember back when the kumho's were new but i am sure these are alot better, remember when changing tyres you drive in when your old ones are at their worst and drive out when the new ones should be at there best. But these pirelli tyres certainly feel great. They just seem to be a good tyre

Perth

Car: Honda

excellent thread

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

The tyre thread seems to be thicker than other brand. It looks good in our car. The service provided by the company fitting them were excellent. It was so easy to adjust the tyre air pressure. Reasonable in the rain seems to have good grip on the road. highly recommended

Car: Toyota Hilux

Handle well in all conditions

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

I really noticed the difference in handling when I got these tyres - I mostly drive on hilly/winding roads and it can be wet for a good part of the year, so excellent grip is a big plus. Unfortunately the softer rubber seems to wear much faster in hot/dry summer conditions, so I am not getting the durability I had with previous regular all season tyres. Another bonus is that they look good on my vehicle

Purchased at: Tyrepower

• 1 review

Car: 2014 Pajero

Maybe 50 000km

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

My 2014 Pajero drives well no tyre concerns. But milelage only average. Made in Brazil I think composition of tyre has changed. Always inflated around 38 to 40 with normal load and I drive like grandma! Starting wearing well then at around 40 000km noticed rubber on my rear guards!

Purchased at: City Discount Tyres

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review

Car: Volkswagon Golf

Never purchasing again

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

I've had all 4 of my Pirelli tyres on my car popped/cut open on normal roads, without road works and/or gravel nearby. Was driving the recommended speed at all times, if not slower - most times have been on suburban roads - just doesn't make any sense. Good tyre auto from now on.

Car: 2014 Land Rover Discovery 4

Great all rounder

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

Replaced original tires last year with the ATR. Having just completed an outback trip, including the full length of the Oodnadatta Track, this tyre is an exceptional all rounder for the disco. Great road holding on the bitumen, and equivalent stopping in the wet compared to the more road going standard tyres. We have done some pretty serious offroad work in them, and they are very strong - took all manner of beating! On the dirt tracks at speed (70/80kmh) they performed very well. There are not a lot of options for the disco given their 19inch size, so i would definately recommend these. Also bought at BobJane (Moorabbin) - best deal and service.

• 1 question
  • 15 helpful votes

Car: 2015 Nissan pathfinder

Can’t fault them so far very comfortable ride

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

My 2015 pathfinder drives equally as well as the factory standard continentals less roll around the corners. These tyres were suggested by the tyre place after I had already replaced front tyres at 10,000ks due to extreme wear on outside edges widerr tyre with thicker tread hopefully get at least 40,000ks out of these so far very happy

Perth

Verified Purchase Car: Toyota Kluger 4WD, 2006

Perfect for what we needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

Although the service provider was substandard the tyres were perfect.
We have had these on the vehicle for 5 years now and they are coming to end of life. Although one was chewed out due to an alignment issue, the tyres were perfect.
There was no road noise, off-road was a dream and handled soft sand, corrugation and wet roads without an issue.
after 5 years the rubber is starting to split but they are just legal.
I will be purchasing these again.

Adelaide

Car: Subaru Forester 2015 Diesel Manual

ATR's on a Forester

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

Step 1 - Just bought from Tyresales.com.au, installed by City Discount Tyres. That process all good and good price. ($164 ea + $80 Alignment).
Step 2 - replaced Michelin SUV, not happy with. 26,000 km
Step 3 - have only had a few days but so far loving them. Cornering is best I have had on a Forester (this is no6).
Slight tyre noise. Are inflated to 38psi. Tread depth is good 9.5 mm to bottom of groove.
Step 4 - high (100kph) speed and dirt road. Very stable directionally, almost set and forget they stay true to where
you point them. Dirt, couldn't pick difference between firm surface and loose gravel even on bends, hung
on really well. Yes they are new see how they go later but very good start.
Took on trip through Victoria, high speed gravel, forest roads and accidentally deep soft sand. Fantastic! I only hope they go the distance, because grip is great.
I will update this review as time goes on.

Purchased at: Tyresales.com.au

Car: Hyundai Sonata

Great Quality

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

I Got this product a year ago and most of my time I am driving, but there are hardly any damages to my tyre sole.
It still looks brand new, No Threads are out, Run very well on Road.
I would rate it a 4 out of 5.
Different stores have different prices

Car: 2012 Nissan Patrol GU

Just did a 10,000 Km plus trip round Australia with them.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Just had plenty of testing on my 265/16R. Drove fine on both dirt and paved roads, they managed to get me through the Great Central Road without any issues, managed plenty of rain up the Bruce Highway too and always felt safe. After I replaced the Kumho's which were with the car when I bought it the driving became a lot more stable on the highway.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

CALGA, NSW

• 1 comment

Car: Toyota Landcruiser Prado 2010 GXL

Perfect so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

Got these put 10,000Kms ago and they have been perfect. Very quiet compared to the Factory fitted Dunlops and good in the wet too. I get them rotated every 10k kms and I check the pressures regularly. I run 40-42 psi all the time to make sure I get the most Km's possible. I'm hoping to 80-100,000kms so we'll see! Good for the price too!

1 of 5 pages