'Greg'- The Stove Whisperer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

It’s interesting to read other people’s reviews of Pivot. From our interactions with Pivot, the negative reviews are quite surprising and in complete contrast from ours. Our experiences have always been positive when dealing with the staff at Pivot, especially Greg Parker-Hill.
After building a new house, we know very well that there are many companies who mess you around; hand-ball responsibilities when something goes pear-shaped, or simply do not respond to phone or email enquiries. The staff at Pivot have always responded promptly to any of our enquiries. As our build went way over schedule, whenever we contacted Pivot to postpone the delivery (which unfortunately happened many times), they were always very understanding and happy to keep our stove in storage (at no cost) until it was time for it to be installed in our house.
Recently, we contacted Pivot because, we couldn’t remove a panel inside our ESSE 990 WD, in order to clean it out. It was reassuring to hear Greg say on the phone ‘yes, I can fix that, not a problem, when would you like me to come out?’ When Greg came to our house (which was a 3hr drive for him), he quickly worked his magic on our stove, sharing his tips on how to operate and maintain our stove to get the most out of it. Our stove now works like a dream and we’ve been happily eating the goodies we have baked in it since.

Pacific Energy Neo 1.5

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Pivot Stove and Heating have been wonderful to deal with. They were so helpful in picking the right product for us. We love our Neo 1.5 and it heats up the space better than we expected.
We are looking at purchasing another wood fire and will go straight back to Pivot to make this purchase.
Thanks again for such wonderful assistance.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

HI Nicole
Thank you for your comments : we also love the Neo heaters..
And we LOVE getting photos - can you send us a photo?
email to sales@pivotstove.com.au

Pivot are fantastic to deal with! I wish there was more companies like them around.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

I dealt with Felicity and she was faultless. She always followed up on emails and any questions our client or l had. Works were completed when scheduled and to a high standard. Excellent customer service can be difficult to find in this day and age. Thank you Felicity. We will most definitely be using Pivot Stoves in the future.

Shaun
Ethos Building

Esse wood stove (990WD) issues & service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

I cannot fault the fantastic customer service provided by Greg today! A visit from Greg all the way from Geelong, Melbourne to us on the east coast of Tassie where his expert knowledge and experience solved any issues I've had with my Esse 990WD stove (each issue easy to solve). The solutions to the oven not reaching a hot temperature (solved within minutes when Greg pointed out that the top fire brick in the firebox had moved backwards - probably knocked when I loaded up the wood), blocking some hot air from circulating around to the ovens); a flue that was not cleaned properly (easy fix when Greg demonstrated how to vacuum the flue downwards using a vacuum); Greg spent a few hours with us sharing his tips so that we could get the best out of the stove; sharing some great recipe ideas; adjusting the glass and outside doors so they close more easily; and most importantly, how to remove the debris from Esse. It turns out there was a smallish handful of solid spent fuel blocking the flue. After Greg relit the fire, we waited for Esse to come up to temperature so that I could start baking. As Greg predicted, it took 2hrs from lighting a stone cold (500kg cast iron) stove to reaching a hot enough oven for bread-baking. I am impressed with Greg and his knowledge, and extremely happy to learn these simple techniques to get the most our of Esse. Thanks Greg!!

Invicta Ove - Wood Heater

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

We have just installed an Invicta Ove freestanding Heater in our new home through Pivot. It looks fantastic and it works an absolute treat. We wanted something that not only created warmth and ambience but also a fireplace that was a bit of statement piece and room feature. This fireplace has delivered on all fronts. Dealing with Pivot staff was also a pleasure. Suzanne went out of her way to ensure everything went smoothly and her customer service and ongoing communication was top class. Both Pivot and Alex from Modica (installers) worked with us closely in making sure we installed the fireplace in accordance with the regulations and helped us obtain a fantastic result in positioning the fireplace within a corner of the room located near double glaze glass and non combustible plaster. We highly recommend using Pivot and their fireplaces.

Verified Customer

Absolutely love our new wood heater!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

We have installed a Neo 1.6 into our home that is 100 years old. We couldn't be more happy with the heater and the professional advice given to us by Pivot Heating. Suzanne was an absolute delight, her care and after sale service was truly exceptional, every detail was checked over for us. So was the team at Modica Plumbing, Alex, we thank you for the fabulous work you did to make sure everything went together absolutely perfectly! We cannot believe the difference this lovely heater has made to our home.

What a great heater Neo 2.5

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

We are very happy with our new heater. Looks great in room. Thanks Suzanne for your advice in choosing the Neo 2.5. Its so nice to have a warm and cosy home.

Great addition to our home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

We bought an open Fireplace insert. Pivots advice and service was exceptional.
We are delighted with our purchase and the service we received.

Upgade House and Heating

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Recently renovated and ditched the old wood heater for a new YUNCA Monte - On Pedistal. The new clean lines match renovations and heat output is great, rarely use the fan for 60m2 family room plus joining bedrooms. Find the door size easier than the old for loading wood.
Pivot had a good range and worked well on the price.
Great to be able to book installation at the time of purchase, installer was good.

Cosy home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

We came from Queensland and therefore not used to cold weather. The Neo in our new home is such a great investment worth every dollar. We are amazed how there is still burning happening after a good night sleep, and it only takes a few minutes to have the fire going full on in the morning. Thank you to Suzanne and Greg and the staf at pivot stove for your wonderful service.

Verified Customer

Love, love, love our Neo!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

We had our Neo installed just over 12 months ago. The help in selecting the best heater for us was only surpassed by the great customer service & prompt installation! 1 year on & absolutely no issues. We're amazed with how warm it keeps our entire house (including on -3.4 degree mornings!) & how efficient it is. Safe to say we'll never have a house without one; we love our Neo!

Warm as Toast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

We recently bought the Alderlea T5. After 3 days we achieved a 12hr burn time. It's so toasty that we only use the fan for short bursts. The ornate cast iron work is absolutely beautiful. We keep a kettle on the stove top so a cuppa is never too far away. The staff were a great, friendly and armed with a wealth of knowledge. We couldn't be happier. Thanks team Pivot.

Great heater and friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I am very happy with my new wood heater it is fantastic! Loved my experience in the store, the sales person was very knowledgeable about their products.

Super Impressed and Extremely Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

I have noticed a few negative comments on here about this place and from our experience over the past couple of weeks, we have been so impressed by the staff and products at Pivot Stove and Heating.
My partner and I went in a couple of weeks ago and the lovely salesperson introduced us to the Alderlea. They were very well informed about the product and also very confident in the product to. It ticked every box and is exactly what we need and are looking for at our home.
After we were quoted, we received a follow up call the day after. The salesperson was very kind and understanding about the price (you really do get what you pay for) and gave us options including finance. Lombard was super easy and this way we can pay off our heater after 2 years with no interest, we had our unit installed last week.
The plumbers recommended by Pivot were amazing and we received a 12 hour burn time that night!

This place needs a lot more praise for their hard work (when we first went into store they were extremely busy yet made sure we were looked after)

Thank you so much Pivot! We would recommend you to Everyone.

Extermely Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

I walked into the Geelong Store and what a fantastic experience I had. The smell of food cooking in the ESSE Cooker was awesome. The staff were very informative and experienced. I purchased a NEO 2.5 and they organised delivery and installation. Would highly recommend Pivot Stove and Heating.

St Andrews

• 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

Fantastic after-sales service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2015

We bought a Yunca heater and had it installed by a certified plumber. Since day one the heater performed marginally. The plumber had to come back twice but couldn't correct the problem. he blamed the heater and told us he there was nothing he could do.
We contacted Pivot (Dandenong store) and explained the problem to James C. He was very professional and helpful in his approach and suggested all sorts of things to do. To eliminate all sorts of problems he sent out a moisture detecting device (Free of charge) to check on the water content in our wood. Our wood was under 20% moisture and was alright. James became like a close friend to us as we were sending emails and pictures forwards and backwards all the time. Eventually Pivot sent out a heating specialist to our place to check out the installation. He spent two hours at our place and went through every aspect of heating by wood. Within a couple of minutes he discovered the flue plate was installed incorrectly. He corrected the position of it and we had some improvement in performance. Still the heater wasn't performing to full specs. He then told us he was going to send out a flue venturi kit and guaranteed us it would correct the problem.
Two days later the kit arrived, once again free of charge, I installed it myself and we lit up the fire. Wow, what an improvement! All our problems were sorted out!
We are amazed with the amount of attention we received from the crew at Pivot. They've gone the extra mile and have done every bit to make us happy. We live 100 km away from their store but this wasn't an excuse for them not to come out and inspect our system.
It's rare these days to find companies who back up their products a 100% and have full trust in their customers.
Everything was solved with no extra cost to us.
Thank you very much Pivot for an excellent service delivered!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Esse IronHeart

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

I had one of these stoves installed via our local dealer and had 5 months of stress with the stove due to excessive smoking.
It turned out the small instruction manual supplied with the stove was for an "old model" and that the operating instructions were not applicable.
I find it bizarre that any manufacturer or supplier doesn't update instruction manuals when they change their product - a $10K stove, a new instruction manual ... ? $5 ??
I feel that if a more comprehensive and model appropriate instruction manual had been provided, I could have been saved 5 months of nuisance and bother, and the guy from Pivot could have been saved a long drive to visit me and sort out the problems I was having.
Also, their local distributor had no idea about how the new model worked.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Andrew, We are disappointed that you haven't had a great experience to resolve the smoking issues with your stove - we do try to keep all the manuals up to date on our website, along with all of... read more »

Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Andrew How is your Esse Ironheart now you have had a one on one training at your home with our MD, Greg Parker-Hill? (Greg drove all the way to your home to give you personal one on one traini... read more »

Hobart

• 2 comments
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

They mean well but are just disorganised

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2015

I ordered an Eco Fan from their web site and paid on line: nothing to say the item was out of stock, Three days later they phone to tell me this, delivery would be "about two weeks". Long story short ... many emails and phone calls later it finally arrived, Would have been much quicker and cheaper to have purchased direct from USA.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

I wish I had been able to read product reviews before I purchased a wood stove here. Friendly at first but everything went downhill after installation.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Rural Girl,
We would love to assist you troubleshoot the issues you are having with your stove, can you please email us at info@pivotstove.com.au with some more information?

Worst customer service I’ve ever had.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I tried to order parts on internet and it wouldn’t let me pay.asked me to ring the company.i left a message 1 month ago and no one got back to me.the other day I ordered parts again to have the same problem.i finally get I in contact with someone to be told that I need to wait 1 and half months for the side bricks.a company like this heading towards winter not having spare parts what a joke. Quick to take my $8000 thou.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Ashlee, We have been investigating your complaint further internally. Firstly we are glad you seem to be enjoying using your Ironheart! Our sales staff have returned your calls and left messages... read more »

1 of 2 pages