Porter Davis Homes is currently offering 1-3 chance of winning an iPad mini to their customers in order to encourage them to write a review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Easy to Deal With!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I found the whole experience of purchasing a townhouse(house and land) package with Porter Davis really stress free, simple and straightforward.
All my questions were answered immediately, and any reservations I had about the process or construction were dealt with professionally and almost immediately.
The inspection was well conducted and I was really surprised with the build quality and finishing at the completion stage.
The finishing was of very high quality and although it was a small 2 bedroom townhouse, the design made it feel really spacious, airy and it had all the necessary fittings and modern conveniences. I am totally satisfied with the huge living areas and even a large patio on the roof of the garage!
[name removed] managed the inspection and all the documentation after that and she has been helpful and very accommodating. She considered all the recommendations I provided.
Will definitely build again with Porter Davis!

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Ron and Eunice, Thank you for you taking the time to share how great your experience was. It is fantastic to know how helpful and professional our team were and that they went above and beyond ... read more »

Mount Duneed

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

The perfect dream built, not!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

We built what we thought was the perfect dream house six months ago with PD, a 48 square double storey.
From the 3 months maintenance inspection, the supervisor noted 26 items that needed repair, I had noted 3 pages of defects, but was quickly told its within building guidelines, at handover our supervisor was too concerned on getting the sign off than having the issues resolved, this was due to getting close to the build expiry time.
We have had the maintenance painter back three times to complete what we believe a job that our 11 year old daughter could do better, at art class.
The first time he attended he over sprayed from his roller all over our hand rail and balustrade, had paint drip on our lounge suit and left blobs of dry paint on the ceiling.
I requested we have another painter complete the works, and was quickly told that he is required to complete and fix his mistakes. He didn't even complete all the works on the defect list, and his response was I was only allocated a day to complete this.
There are so many other items incomplete on the defect list, that, really not sure when this will be resolved.
I am really frustrated at the attitude of once final payment was made and house handed over, PD does not endeavor to rectify any building problems quickly. We do accept a few hiccups during the building process but it is unacceptable to be left in limbo in this situation. I contacted PD customer care last week and requested a senior manager call to discuss these on going issues, no one from PD has bothered to follow up on the situation. It is an absolute disgrace that we are still going through the frustration of dealing with home repairs from substandard work in the first place. So you think you would be happy in your new home... guess what , it does not always turn out this way.... really un-happy to a point where VCAT will be contacted.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Mark B, thank you for your review and apologies for the frustrations you are experiencing and if you feel like we have let you down. Can you please email your build details to 'tellus@porterdavi... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2019

So excited to be building our dream home with PD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

We could not be more excited to build our home with PD, We chose the Madison 40 from their huge range and are so happy to see it coming to life before our eyes. The communication and support from both our building coordinator and site supervisor has been second to none this was so important to my husband and i, Making sure all our questions and concerns were answered in a timely manner and they have been.

Through the contract process Jenna our building coordinator made it so easy guiding us the whole way this is our first home so understanding all the building lingo / terms was difficult at times but Jenna talked us through everything!! and we left her office time feeling more and more confident we made the right decision.

Marcus our site supervisor is an absolute gem!! any concerns we have had were met with a can do attitude and have been immediately seen to. He is always available to talk to and has kept us in the loop through the progression of the build. The trades men he has organised for our build have been amazing with no issues to report. Everything has been built to the highest standard with his keen eye watching over.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Naj91, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience thus far. It is great to hear how helpful our team have been during the process and that you are enjoying watching everything come t... read more »

Beautiful House

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Firstly on a positive note overall the house is exactly what I expected. I have just moved in and at large the workmanship and build quality is great.
I had a bumpy start though. The first Building Supervisor was not attentive and also rude at times. She had no interest in our requirements or satisfaction and was not accommodating at all. Also, I could have been consulted better before the World of Style appointment. Though I went there several times no one mentioned small but smart things like extending the gas line to the alfresco for future kitchen, having a two way switch for the stairs, a light in the front balcony etc. Therefore I feel that I could have been consulted better.
However, the second BC was very professional and had great attention to detail. She spotted a glitch in the design and thanks to her, otherwise we could not have fitted the sofa to the theater room. She was easy to deal with and she always returned my calls and addressed all issues whatever was in her control.
Also my site supervisor was very easy to deal with and returned my calls on time. He was very accommodating and arranged multiple site visits so that we could spot something on the go rather than being surprised at the end. He was happy to change whatever faults we found and therefore on the actual inspection day we were only looking at small things like paint marks, taps etc. A big thanks to him for getting the living room niche fixed which was missed during the frame and lock up stage. There are still some small outstanding issues after I have moved in but he has set up for those to be fixed in the coming weeks.
Overall I had a positive experience with PD, my BC and SS and I am really happy with the house. It could have been better if the initial consultation was better and the first BC was easier to deal with.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Sounak, Thank you for providing your feedback and overall review from start to finish. It’s disappointing to hear of the frustrations you faced during the process however it’s fantastic to hear ... read more »

Excellent Customer Service & Positive Attention to Detail

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

From start to end, the experience building with Porter Davis Homes has been nothing but POSITIVE. The care, focus, follow up and attention to detail has been superb and puts my mind at ease. Building a home can be a challenging journey, with road bumps here and there, but Porter Davis team led by Building Coordinator Kathryn and Site Supervisor Justin have been AWESOME and SUPPORTIVE. WELL DONE. I highly recommend Porter Davis Homes and will look no further for my next home build.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Ryan, Thank you for such a fantastic review. We are so pleased to hear how much you are loving seeing your home come together. We are so happy to hear that you have received excellent customer s... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Building my deam home :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I am really thankful to PD and specially my BC ( [name removed]) and my SS ( [name removed]) for always being proactive and supportive and helping me make my dream home. It has been a flawless journey till now.All issues before and during construction have been taken care of promptly .I would definitely recommend PD as a quality and professional builder.I have given this 5 star rating based on the individuals who positively contributed to our experience.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Rad S, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a smooth construction phase and that you received fantastic customer service from your supervisor and BC. It’s great to hear t... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Fantastic Site Supervisor ([name removed]) and Building Coordinator ([name removed])

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

It has been a long journey to build such a great house!

Special thank you to our Building Coordinator ([name removed]) and our 2nd Site Supervisor ([name removed]). I would say, they have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. Their responsibility, capability and efficiency to follow up our queries and to get the job done have been outstanding. I like the way they approached to us. They alway respect us and all our concerns and to have them dealt with by understanding where we are coming from.

I am extremely pleased with their communication and their honest feedback on where the build is at. Our 2nd Site Supervisor ([name removed]) always kept us updated on the progress of each stage and communicated with us in a high efficient manner. They are both always happy to help and answer any questions we have.

i really appreciate all the help from [name removed] and [name removed] (Our 2nd Site Supervisor) to get the whole process back to right track even it got delayed at the first beginning of the slab stage, which was managed by the first site supervisor.

I believe Our Site Supervisor ([name removed]) and Building Coordinator ([name removed]) would be a great asset to Porter Davis and they would be the MAIN reason that makes me happily build with Porter Davis again.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi SamL, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear of the positive impact your building coordinator and supervisor have had on the overall as well as providing you with exce... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Our Family Home!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Our home build started off promising, however we were disappointed with the delays and poor execution which was mainly a result of the resignations of 3 site supervisors! However, when [name removed] came on board things changed and he got things done quickly and correctly! There were times when communication could have been quicker, however [name removed] was straight on to it.
We were happy with the price of the contract and have to commend our tiler - he did a fantastic job in our wet areas
Overall, We couldn’t be happier with our home.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Sonja, Thank you for your review and feedback. Although it is not ideal to have such a large turn over of supervisors it is good to hear that that you are happy with your home and your final sup... read more »

What a Builder!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Our experience with Porter Davis (PD) Started back in 2016 when we first bought land and were looking for a house to build. We went to the display homes in Rockbank where [name removed]- The salesman showed us around the Rochedale 33. At the time we loved it though due to certain reasons we had to delay purchasing. [name removed] was very respectful and didnt hassle constantly but kept in touch asking to catch up and discuss the house. By July 2017 we finally signed the contract for the house which had a fantastic promotion included.
The next step was the World of Style. We went there on the weekend to have a practice run which is highly recommended. The amount of different options is huge! and we were very glad we went before our appointment. On the day all the staff at each area were very helpful, the understood our budget and helped design our house with us.
This was a two day appointment at the start of September. The next step was to sign our contracts at the head office in the city. this was straight forward.
We finally got our site cut date, and slab pour date. Due to this being in December rain and heat delayed it until the 15th of December.
Once the Slab was set there was time off for Christmas break which was noted to me on the time i signed the contract.
During this time there was a 2 month delay as my site supervisor and building coordinator both resigned within the same week. At the time it may have been very frustrating but it could have been a blessing in disguise as my new Building Co-ordinator [name removed] and Site Supervisor [name removed] were absolutely fantastic.
From day one of [name removed] being in charge to even this day, [name removed] was extremely clear with what was happening with the house. He was extremely knowledgeable and had plenty of time to walk through the house with me, explain to me things i didnt understand and accommodate me. He was always available to answer my thousands of questions and was extremely switched on with the build.
[name removed] was very much the same as David, she picked up my contract and seemed to know it from front to back, she understood everything i needed and helped me through the way with all my questions. The communication between both [name removed] , [name removed] and myself was exceptional and I am extremely glad that these two helped me through my build.
The house was completed on November 26th, so overall it was about 11 months of building. I was expecting this time frame especially with the hand over to [name removed] and the Christmas break. You cant rush building a house and the quality of it shows that they didn't, and they have done it correct. Other than a few issues on handover such as paint touch ups which will be fixed everything was exactly as we wanted and what we asked for.
I cant thank [name removed] and [name removed] enough, as well as all the other staff such as [name removed] in sales and the builders. I was never hesitant building with Porter Davis and i hope anyone reading this review know that they shouldn't worry one bit building with them.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Lewis, Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your first building experience with us. It's great to hear of the positive impact your building coordinator and supervisor have had on th... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Respect the Dream????

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

PD are very professional, attentive and informative right up to the point you sign the contract. Then the nightmare roller coaster ride begins. It is then you realise the extent of half- truths and exaggerations you have been told in order to get your signature.
4-6 weeks for a council permit - lie
Guaranteed start date - they have no intention of honouring.
Communication with the admin staff is very rare (my current BC has never once returned a phone call and rarely emails me) and virtually non existent when things go wrong. I never heard directly from PD that the council refused the building permit - fortunately I was dealing with the council myself and we learnt through them. PD never confessed that the build failed to pass inspection by their own building surveyor (twice) - again we had to hear it from the Building Surveyor. Much to our frustration BCs will email you to request you sign building variations without any explanation as to what they pertain to.
I had to escalate our concerns to the Regional Manager to even get any progression to site start date.
The nightmare continues once building commences. Delays after delays. Billed for non-compliant work. Apparent difficulties finding tradies to work for PD. Pushing for PCI despite not being able to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy from the Building Surveyor. (Yes PD I know about that too!).
So here we are. Despite being promised a new home by Christmas 2017, it appears it will be well into 2019 before handover.

TL;DR nearly two years since contracts signed, 14 months since construction began - Still no house!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Jeff, thank you for your review. We do apologise for the issues you have are having with your build and the frustrations it is causing you. I understand that the Group Building Manager is in con... read more »

That would be incorrect. Group Building Manager has never contacted me.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

My Beautiful New Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

The construction of my new home was a great experience. My home was completed on time and within the contracted cost. I reviewed countless designs from a variety of builders and always came back to the Porter Davis Bermuda 23. I added the Griffith facade, a rumpus room, Grand Alfresco and Boutique Stacker sliding doors to the original design and my neighbours are in awe!!!. The build quality is exceptional and I love everyday coming home to my new home! The Porter Davis support team of [name removed] (Building Co-ordinator) and [name removed] (Supervisor) were fantastic! And also the Sales Consultant [name removed] was extremely helpful and knowledgeable at the initial contract stage. [name removed] (Supervisor) was particularly helpful and supportive through the latter stages of the build (when he took over from a previous supervisor) and made the final inspection and handover a delight and effortless. When I compare my home to some my neighbours new homes, I am very pleased I chose Porter Davis. Little things such as quality of finish, design and functionality definitely sets Porter Davis homes above the rest!

I should also mention my experience at the World of Style. This is where all the upgrade choices are made. Ensure you make a number of visits to it prior to your selection day; that way you are ready to make your choices on the day without stress. Consider all things from lighting to positioning of electrical power points, flooring (tiles and carpets), blinds, fixtures and fittings, kitchen upgrades, colour design and roofing...it is a full day and therefore being prepared is critical in making the right choices and keeping within your budget. The staff at the World of Style are very helpful and their "after selection" service was friendly, prompt and efficient.

My family and friends love my new solid home and I am so proud to show it off!!!

Thank you again to the Porter Davis team for building my dream home!

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi John, Thank you for the great feedback. We are so happy to read that at every stage throughout your journey, you have been provided with excellent service from all of our team. It is great to he... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Not a very enjoyable first home experience.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

From the very beginning we had issues with the staff of Porter Davis. When we first decided to build with PD we did did so under the premise we could go to the world of style and design the interior of our house from the selection provided there. Shortly after (once we had paid an initial deposit) we were advised by PD staff that this option is now no longer available and we had a choice of 4 different colour boards to choose from. We then chose a colour board form those four and returned to PD with our choice. We were then told, those colour boards were not available anymore and we had a choice of two completely different colour boards. Only when we threatened to withdraw from building with PD did they obliged and gave us our original colour board selection. The entire contract signing process was arduous as their were numerous errors within the contract which needed to be amended prior to our signature.

We were promised that the building would start in November 2017 and we would be residing in our new home by June 2018. November rolled around and we received no communication from PD about making a start on our new home. The first communication we received from PD was in April 2018 when they finally began the building process. We tried on numerous occasions to contact our building coordinator and our response from PD staff was that she was out of office and to contact her colleague who failed to return any of our phone calls also.
Once the build actually began (5 months later than originally stated) we were provided invoices at each stage but were never contacted by our site manager to visit the site (as per policy). We were then transferred to a new site manager and things began promising. He told us we would be in within the next 12 days (Middle of October) but continued to blame the delays of the build on the previous site manager and continually expressed his contempt for having to do this job. 12 days later there had not been much progress at all on the house and it was evident we weren't even close to moving in. Settlement date was then confirmed and then reconfirmed on at least 3 occasions, each time meaning we had to reorganise current leases and removals. Upon closing in on the next settlement date we made an impromptu visit to find the house unsecured and the entire wrong floor boards laid. We then went out of our way to drive to world of style and confirm that this was the case. Upon identifying the issue with our site manager he tried to claim that they were the right floor boards and that we were wrong. This issue was eventually rectified and the correct floor boards (as per our contract) were laid. Settlement was arranged and we organised our bank to meet up at the house to do their final checks, the bank staff liaised with our site manager to arrange a date and time to do their final check. The bank staff were left abandoned by our site manager and was forced to reschedule due to the site manager not being available (after an appt was confirmed). Settlement date arrived and we met the site manager on a Monday at our home only to find the glass splash back was not installed. We still went through the house and did the final inspection to identify paint touch ups and alike and agreed to handover after all issues were rectified. Most issues were rectified in a few days and we re organised removals, unfortunately we were then contacted by the site manager and told the splash back was cut to the wrong size again. This was out of his control and an unfortunate situation, but once again delayed handover. Finally the day arrived for hand over and we met with the site managers boss to hand over keys. We did a final walk through and brought to attention a few minor issues to rectify but were happy to hand over.

We handed over on the 16th Nov (5 months later) and are now still waiting those small issues to be rectified.

Apart from what is mentioned above we are genuinely happy with the quality of the build, our frustrations were more fuelled from the staff of PD.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Adrian, thank you for your review. We do apologise for the issues you have had with your build and the frustrations it has caused you. I understand that the Construction Manager has made contact... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2019

The best builder! Porter Davis

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

So happy with our dream home
From the early design stages until handover Porter Davis Homes, [name removed] and [name removed] have looked after us all the way. Our dream home will be finish soon as per the contract by skilled local tradesman to the highest quality. We would absolutely recommend Porter Davis Homes to family, friends and other prospective buyers. Thanks again [name removed], [name removed] and team.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Xiang Gao. Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear that you are very happy with the overall quality of your new home and how helpful and professional our team has been and that you receive... read more »

Positive experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Very positive experience with porter davis , did not have a great start at the contract signing stage however the business coordinator, [name removed] and [name removed] along with amazing STAR site supervisor [name removed] have made the whole journey without any issues. I would strongly recommend Porter davis for your builds but be careful at contract signing stage and then on should be pleasant and happy journey.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Sunil295seth, Congratulations on building your new home! It is disappointing to hear of the challenges you faced in regards to your contract documentation however we are happy to read that over... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Best Building Coordinator and Site Supervisor The A Team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Our Building Coordinator (Rachel) and Site Supervisor (Matthew) have been a pleasure to deal with.
Their professionalism and ability to get the job done has been outstanding.
I am especially pleased with their communication and their honest feedback on where the build is at. They are both always happy to help and answer any questions I have. Thank you Rachel and Matt

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Mel, Thank you for your feedback and review. We are happy to hear that our staff have been providing you with excellent service throughout your build journey and that your supervisor and BC are ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Absolutely wonderful experience with team at Porter Davis

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I have no doubt to mention that the team at Porter Davis delivered us high quality professional - My building coordinator (Nadia)Operations Manager (Marc) & Site supervisor (Mark) are trustworthy, honest, friendly, reliable, with a great level of knowledge and experience. Thanks for help and support so far in getting my first dream .
The estimated quote was quite comparable with other builder.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Inderpal, Congratulations on building your dream home with us. It’s great to hear that you are happy with the quality of your new home and that your supervisor, BC and management have provided y... read more »

Building our Dream Home with Porter Davis

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I just have to start this review by thanking Porter Davis for respecting our dream and working with us to build our dream home. The hard work put by our SC [name removed] in sculpting the plan as per our requirements, the constant support and patience from [name removed] our BC and excellent management and delivery by our SS [name removed] is just phenomenal, don't let negative reviews get to you. Porter Davis is a volume builder, but people like [name removed], [name removed] and [name removed] are the ones who make you feel the house is tailored exactly for our requirements. Our SC [name removed] went above and beyond, and came up with out of world suggestions to fit our asks. We couldn't wait to pay our advance after sitting with [name removed] for few hours. From Dec'16 until May'18 (even today), we were (are) looked after by our BC [name removed], every request, every clarification, every detail, was answered well and proactively. As the land titling got delayed, we added more and more stuff to our plan/contract and [name removed] was there to help us anytime.

We were really worried about the build reading all horror stories, but once it started what I felt was people having totally unclear expectations and not doing their research. Our SS [name removed] is a role model of a SS. He regularly gave us updates on phone and walked us through the house whenever the time was right. I would say [name removed] has gone above and beyond with our build and respected our circumstances through and through. The build is fantastic and even the inspectors were at loss when trying to find issues. Hats off to [name removed].

We are building our first home and without the caring hands of Porter Davis's staff we would not have got our dream home. Thank you for making our dream a reality

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Aaron, Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your first building experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the construction stage of your build journey and ... read more »

Well Designed - Good Quality - Great Value - Just love our new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

We've just moved into our newly built, dream home and just love it.
The reasons we went with PD were their reputation, the floor plan we liked and the value. We visited different Display Homes and loved PD's Plaza B - spacious, well designed, each bedroom has its WIR and a bathroom. This is a 'Prestige' range and has a lot of premium features included. We added quite a few - including alfresco, fireplace, premium staircase, guest bedroom - PD provided a lot of options to their standard plans that are well priced. Even with the whole bunch of 'premium' features added the value was great.
The built in our case took long time, however, this was more to do with our council approval process, rather than PD. We had a good team of Site Supervisor and Building Coordinators to deal with.
Site Supervisor was very helpful, easily contactable and followed up on issues arising and ensured the high quality standards.
Overall we are quite happy with Porter Davis and would definitely recommend them.

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Glen, Thank you for the great feedback. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the construction stage of your build journey and to hear of the positive impact your sales consultant, su... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

We couldn't go past choosing a Porter Davis home from their amazing selection of display homes. We fell in love with about 6 different Porter Davis houses so deciding on the best home for our family was quite difficult. Our experience so far has been extremely positive and we can highly recommend Porter Davis to anyone thinking of choosing them to build their dream home.

Our initial meeting with our sales consultant was very positive and welcoming. They gave us realistic prices and outlined all aspects of a new house build. This meant that there were no hidden surprises or extra costs for us along the way. After having a walk through of our selected house we were very keen to visit World Of Styles. Every sales consultant was extremely helpful and gave lots of knowledge in their particular area. It was very reassuring knowing that our colour scheme would all come together with the help of Porter Davis professionals along the way.

In the early stages of the build we were allocated to a Building Coordinator. In our personal experience the building coordinator has a huge role in the success of your house build. We can only speak highly of our coordinator at every step of the way. She has been extremely efficient, organised and goes above and beyond to ensure that everything is on track and all of our questions are answered. We receive regular phone calls and email communication about all aspects of our build in the lead up to and throughout the build. Our building coordinator has been extremely thorough and has made a real point of getting to know us as clients. She is very accommodating and places our needs as a main priority. The communication from her end has been fantastic and we have been informed of every part in the building process. Nothing has been too much effort or trouble and we have appreciated the constant support and updates throughout each stage of our build. She has ensured that throughout all stages we have had a very smooth and successful build.

We have also been very fortunate to have an excellent Site Supervisor who has guided us through each stage of our build. We are constantly informed of the stage of build we are up to and continually updated on the progress that has been made. Our supervisor is always on hand to speak to at any time and regularly makes a time to meet for a site walk through. He has been extremely professional and gone out of his way to make sure any of our needs are met. He is extremely approachable and certainly has a high expectation for the trades that work for him. The building process has been extremely smooth and everything has been organised so well.

The workmanship so far has been of an excellent standard and we have been really impressed with every aspect of our build so far. We can't believe how well timed everything has been to ensure that the house is moving along and getting towards to final stages of the build. The quality of the work has been very impressive and we can’t wait to move into our new home!

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Abby, Thank you for you taking the time to share how great your experience has been thus far. It is fantastic to know how helpful and professional our team were and that they went above and beyo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

So far so good!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

Our experience with Porter Davis so far has been great!
Our sales consultant, Building Coordinator and Site supervisor have all been very attentive and responsive to any emails or queries we have had.

We always wanted a PD home as i think they are worlds ahead of other homes and builders. To be honest, we didn't even speak with any other builder.
Our sales consultant started us off on the right foot. We got along with him straight away and met with him a few times to go through the house and add in any changes we'd possibly like to make, get rough idea of prices etc. He walked us through the house and showed us exactly what we would be getting with the standard model and what was upgraded throughout the display from windows, doors, bench tops, and everything else.
Once we paid our deposit and signed up for the Dunedin he then also made sure that we got as many of the upgrades/promos that were available to us and what would be more beneficial. We got the hebel promo for the whole house and the colorbond roof for $1000. I'm pretty sure there were some others in there too but we were more than pleased with that!

Our house is currently at lock up stage and the quality of everything at this stage is looking great. I have to really say a huge thank you to our Site supervisor who has ensured everything that needed to be corrected has been done and has ensured that the quality of workmanship from the trades is 10/10. He is also available for us to talk to whenever we needed something and has made himself available for when we wanted to walk through the house. He seems to be very passionate about Porter Davis and takes a lot of pride in the houses that he produces! We did experience an issue with one of our window sizes and he made sure he got it fixed and it was all taken care of without a hassle. Overall very happy with how smooth the build has has gone so far!

Our Building Coordinator has also been amazing! I can't even thank her enough for all of her help over the 1 + year that she has been with us. We did have a few hiccups with our plans and she ensured that she was always there to help and if she didn't know the answer, she would find out for us. She also made sure that she explained everything to us so that we would understand. As first time builders/homeowners this was much appreciated. Our BC definitely has gone above and beyond for us throughout our build and ensures that she still keeps in contact with us to date. We chopped and changed our minds/wanted to know prices of possible upgrades and she was always happy to help us out

I honestly think we have been extremely lucky with our SS & BC, they have made our experience as easy as possible. I have definitely heard and read about some horror stories both with PD & every other builder out there and we are thanking our lucky stars that our SS and BC were assigned to our build.
We love Porter Davis homes and we would 100% build with them again!

Comments
Porter Davis Homes Official

Hi Tameeka, Thank you for such a thorough review. We are so pleased to hear how much you love your brand new home. It is so good to hear how brilliant your experience has been and we are happy to k... read more »

1 of 96 pages