Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

A great multicooker. Best mum helper. Perfection of cooking!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

I got it a week a go and for one week I made so match of it lamb, meat, corn, beans . Yes yes even sourdough bread unlimited options to it if you understand the way it work well .I had no previous cookers before of any kind. It is so easy to use and it Cook the food to perfection flavours are amazing . Done my reserch and induction multicookers cost way more then this one when they have all this functions. A great coustumer service as well, they send you a book with recipes via email. And if you have isuue or qestion they resolve fast.

Posetive
Have induction cooking what make the food taste better then others.

Have a great bawl with cover of stainless steal, so it's non stick. Stay worm for longer.

A great 1250w , stronger then any other cookers I looked.
Aromatic pressure valve !
Negative
The recipe book not coming in the box, you have to ask them.
The instructions book is not very clear at the first time when you read it. But the use is easy when itma clear .Basically as othere in the same category of multicookers.

One of the best in the market I would say ! Very happy that I got it on sale !

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Lack of Instructions means you have to wing it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

OK so I wanted to upgrade my cheap Kmart multi-cooker (which has been great by the way). I actually wanted an instant pot but as they aren't available in AU I started looking at what I could get under $200. I bought one of these. I chose stupidly to ignore the reviews thinking we will be right but as I look at the stupid thing now it has steam pouring from the sides(where the handles are) and also the steam vent. This is the third meal I've tried to cook in it. Maybe i'm doing something wrong but I wouldn't know because like so many others there was no cookbook or detailed instructions except a ten page leaflet with basic instructions. The troubleshooting didn't help at all.

Yes it has 20 cooking programs but absolutely no details on what these programs do or how to use them. The only mention about them in the leaflet is the times the program pressurises for. The voice guidance is rubbish cause it doesn't guide you, it lets you know the same as a beep would when an action is occurring. The first 2 meals I cooked took hours of fiddling around to get it to cook and in the end I gave up because it was cooked anyway and the second meal basically boiled the meat. Never had this happen with my other cooker. I might well have a dud here!!!! FYI I think some of the latest reviews on here for this machine might be dodgy as they are way over the top claiming how easy the machine is to use and that is just simply not true. Sending back on Monday for a refund.

PROS
Handles on the insert bowl and I guess the induction

CONS
Not being able to see the display unless you are in front of the machine as the display is on top. If you want to see if it has pressurised or how long it has to go you have to actually go over to the machine. Also it has no saute function so you cant brown your meat or onions in the machine grrr. And also, and this is really annoying, there is no quick steam release that i can find (certainly nothing in the instruction pamplet). All these things are a must with an electric pressure cooker. The lack of instructions is really, really poor given there is also nothing online to download or give directions and no recipes on their website. It reeks of cheap and nasty at high end prices.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Optimum induction Pressure cook Pro

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Loved it. Great for soups and stews. Easy to use, love the fact it talks to you and tells you what part of the cooking process it's up too. Easy to clean. Loved it so much bought one for my daughter who has been using it all winter and really enjoys using it.

Rockingham Beach,

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

The Best!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

We bought this particular machine as we are induction fans......It is so simple to use (with voice guidance) and the quality of the cooking is superb.
We are simple eaters and my wife did a stew for us the other day; we didn't even have to thicken it, it was cooked to perfection.
This will be our last cooking machine and we can't recommend it enough...

Cooroy

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Alarmingly easy - almost an anticlimax

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

First meal - intuitive controls, alarmingly easy, plus looks gorgeous, quite chatty.
Produced a fantastic meal that normally requires 4 hrs to develop flavour.
Meal was cooked in just 40 min. with minimal hands on time - no stirring, poking, checking, adjusting, remembering.
Simple to use ; multiple styles of cooking all in one pot with quick clean up , tough surface, handle makes for easy stowage.
Cool handles are a nice touch. Spatter guard very useful (aka anti-overflow cover.. ?)

Improvements- a separate power cord for seamless storage Is always nice. and a first user step by step guide for the novice user may be appreciated. The staff recipes are great, although again a bit more detail for the novice may be appreciated.

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great product A1

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Great product, every meal we have made has turned out fabulous. Has lived up to our expectations and brings out the flavours in every meal. Very easy to use and understand, quick and reliable. Easy to clean and store. We are using it over winter and it brings job to the table every time.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great for Indian food

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

It's pressure cooking function and nonstick are excellent. What I like the most is that I can cook curries the usual way - fry the masaala, add the chickpeas/rajma or ghia etc. and then press a button and forget(this part one can only do with an automatic device like optimum) ! Also the inner part of the lid comes off for cleaning which is very important.
For chickpeas/rajma, soup function is great and for ghia or dhuli moong-masri the rice function works fine. I normally do not cook as per instructions on nearly all devices that I have as I have my own recipes for things as per my liking etc., hence lack of a detailed cookbook is no problem.

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Where is the cookbook?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I struggle to cook with this machine as there are only very basic instructions and no cook book to follow. I, like others, have scoured the internet and froothie own website for recipes but cannot find any. The cookbook links sent to me were for items I don't have. For basic items it cooks well. A book to follow would be great especially if you have to add items as you go.

Comments

Finally got the cook books. Yahoo!

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

I had to return as it was faulty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

I had to return this product twice - I was finally given a refund
Quite annoying - ended up buying one locally and it is great!
It is a pity because it looked like a great product in the advertisement but I was sorely disappointed
At least I was offered a refund

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

My Induction just stays on relaeae steam mode!! Faulty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I'm most disappointed with this product I first of all was disappointed with the lack of instructions especially for somebody that hasn't ever use a pressure cooker before. So I decided to wing it and I thought I would try and make a dal tonight and just hit the soup mode, pretty easy right. Well that was wrong half way through the recipe I needed to add extras to it so I went to page 10 of the instruction manual and follow the instructions. It's now been 1 hour and my pressure cooker is still stuck in release pressure mode with no hope of it actually turning off at all. I have tried switching the pressure cooker off for 10 minutes however that was to no avail. So I decided that perhaps I'll try and put it on another program and did a porridge and set the steam low in the hope that it would just turn off and release the pressure however it is now and keep warm mode and from what I can see in the instructions it should just release the pressure and light should go off when the porridge is Done, but instead it's just keeping it warm and still trying to release the pressure so may Dal is stuck in the pressure cooker and no one's getting any dinner tonight as it's now 8pm and I have been at this for an hour. I am extremely annoyed and cannot understand why I cannot remove the lid I've checked all the manual checked all the safety functions and yet still I can't see what I'm doing wrong and the troubleshooting doesn't cover this. What am I supposed to do send back machine full of Dal because I cannot actually get the lid off.
I am now wishing that I had of chosen a different pressure cooker one that I could take back to a store if need be and certainly one that has a better instruction manual and maybe some cookbooks with it. My suggestion would be don't bother buying it choose something else.

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Leigh77, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you recently had with Induction Pressure-Cook Pro. Quality Customer ... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Had to return.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Was excited to find this product as we desperately needed to replace our old pressure cooker, however it turned out to be no good, ended up returning and bought a traditional stove-top pressure cooker instead and it's been great. This might be good for others but doesn't suit our needs. The service is great though, fast delivery and return.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Noodle, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I am sorry you were disappointed about the Optimum Induction PressureCook Pro and that unfortunately, the appliance did not ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Honestly, VERY difficult to work out this machine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We have only recently just purchased this machine and upon pick up I asked if a cookbook was included in the box. At the time I was advised that an e-cookbook would emailed to me. No such email arrived.

Although I have scoured the internet, there are no cookbooks online. I am quite disappointed. I had very high expectations of this machine.

The additional problem is that the machine has an annoying American voice for voice prompts that I cannot work out how to turn off!! I will return the machine if I cannot turn this feature off.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Bliss, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. Your online review was brought to my attention and I was saddened and surprised by your feedback regarding our product. Your ... read more »

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

No cook book

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

We were surprised that there was no cook book included as it is difficult to work out how to use it without examples. We found the User manual vaugue and it looks like a great machine but we are having a bit of trouble working out dishes to cook in it.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Glenn, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. Your online review was brought to my attention and I was saddened and surprised by your feedback regarding our product. Your ... read more »

Optimum Blender Official

Hello Glenn, I wanted to personally follow up with you regarding the issue you have reported with not being able to fully enjoy your Optimum PressureCook Pro due to the missing cookbook. I have ... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

So small it's impractical

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

So excited when my multi cooker arrived, opened it up and realised i would not be able to cook a family quantity of osso bucco, leg of lamb, lamp shanks or bone broth. It's tiny. Really disappointed its deceiving from the outside. Lucky I may be able to get a full refund.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Miksta, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I am sorry you were disappointed about the Induction PressureCook Pro powered by Optimum and that unfortunately, the applian... read more »

Optimum Blender Official

Hello Miksta, I wanted to personally follow up regarding the feedback you shared about the Induction PressureCook Pro and that the appliance did not meet your personal needs or expectations. I ... read more »

• 16 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

Good with a shortcoming

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

This appliance replaced three of my old ones, a pressure cooker which no longer worked on my induction cooktop, a deep fat fryer and a slow cooker.

Firstly I used it as a slow cooker, I read the recipe book a few times (emailed to you) so I could work out how to brown the meat before adding the other ingredients. Everything worked well but it does have a slight hum which you do get used to, eventually.

Secondly, it was used as a pressure cooker, I looked for the "pressure cooker" button but there was no such button. So it looks like some of the options are for pressure cooking, i.e. soup and the rest are for other forms of cooking, I.e. roast. So I selected soup to make some chicken stock and it was incredibly easy. Just set and leave. However, as one reviewer points out the steam release is slow so I would not use it for delicate food like fish.

Lastly I used it as a deep fryer. I do not cook very much by deep frying but found that it did not reach a temperature of 180 degrees (I used a thermometer to check the temperature). I would also like to have an indication of when the oil reached its temperature as opposed to just dropping some food in to see if it sizzles.

I also found this appliance a little heavy, I keep mine in a kitchen cupboard so this would not be an issue if it was left on the kitchen bench.

All in all a very smart and sophisticated machine. Not that keen on the voice assistant personally and you certainly would not need it once you became proficient so a switch off button would be good.

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Takes a while to get the hang of the menu

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Works well but takes a long time to release steam so cooking continues due to pressure still in the machine eg. Fish chowder ,fish was overlooked and prawns were no better ,chowder was very watery. I think pressure should be adjusted manually so don't rely on the recipes , use them as a guide, I find by cutting the time back I get a better result eg. Lamb leg using pressure cook was over cooked but by adjusting time and manually setting pressure you get a lot better result. Cake cooked well but once again was slightly over cooked. Will try apricot chicken today using suggested cooking time and see how it comes out . I believe the cooker is a marvellous machine so bear with it and you will become hooked

October 9th 2017 Update: Ideal machine very easy to clean

Bit of a mystery to start with but now no worries , I mainly use slow cook high 4 hours for all meats you can't go wrong . Sear the meat first ( braise ) 1 cup of veg stock , when finished let it o to keep warm till ready to eat

Comments

The apricot chicken came out perfect 3 hours slow cook high. Used apricot nectar as liquid . Also diced celery for flavour . Tip cut the carrot and celery very fine unless you want it a dente

Silverside was excellent 4 hr on slow cook high, did not dry out in the fridge . Had cold meat for 4 days

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

love this one

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Love this one! it saves me a lot of time on cooking especially for meat and soup. Have heard some terrible stories about pressure cooker this one is very safe and easy to use. I can cook meat within 15 minutes until it becomes very tender but it a bit heavy.

Date Purchased: May 2017

I love this appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

After being freaked out by my old pressure cooker for some time, I saw the induction pressure cooker being demonstrated by JackieM of JackieMFood.com and was impressed enough to order one from PHA. I was very taken with the voice assistant! My pressure cooker arrived within a few days and I tried my first meal using the basic methods outlined in the PDF recipe book to make a quick chicken curry. I used Jackie's Kapitan curry paste - half a packet to 500gm chicken thigh meat and 270gm coconut cream. I also used some Brussels sprouts to make a more complete one pot meal. I fried the paste in a little oil on the deep fry setting until it became fragrant, then added the chicken and coconut cream. I set it to braise and stopped it after 20 minutes. The I added my Brussels sprouts ( peeled, halved and brown in oil) and continued the braise for 10 more minutes. It worked perfectly! The recipes are a good guide to using several functions in one dish and can be easily converted to your own recipes. The clean up was so quick and easy. I love this appliance and am using it a lot!

Sydney

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Excellent addition to kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I started using this when a friend bought it for me as a house warming gift and it's great. So far have made soup and beef cheeks which my husband loves! What I would love to see is a recipe app so it's easier to know what to cook in it.

picton

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Love this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

i wasnt sure about electric pressure cookers but i went ahead and bought this as i needed a new slow cooker and i am glad i did!! i waited to purchase the machine and it was well worth the wait. the only down side is it would of been handy to have a recipe book sent with it.

1 of 2 pages