Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Had to return.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Was excited to find this product as we desperately needed to replace our old pressure cooker, however it turned out to be no good, ended up returning and bought a traditional stove-top pressure cooker instead and it's been great. This might be good for others but doesn't suit our needs. The service is great though, fast delivery and return.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Noodle, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I am sorry you were disappointed about the Optimum Induction PressureCook Pro and that unfortunately, the appliance did not ... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Honestly, VERY difficult to work out this machine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We have only recently just purchased this machine and upon pick up I asked if a cookbook was included in the box. At the time I was advised that an e-cookbook would emailed to me. No such email arrived.

Although I have scoured the internet, there are no cookbooks online. I am quite disappointed. I had very high expectations of this machine.

The additional problem is that the machine has an annoying American voice for voice prompts that I cannot work out how to turn off!! I will return the machine if I cannot turn this feature off.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Bliss, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. Your online review was brought to my attention and I was saddened and surprised by your feedback regarding our product. Your ... read more »

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

No cook book

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

We were surprised that there was no cook book included as it is difficult to work out how to use it without examples. We found the User manual vaugue and it looks like a great machine but we are having a bit of trouble working out dishes to cook in it.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Glenn, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. Your online review was brought to my attention and I was saddened and surprised by your feedback regarding our product. Your ... read more »

Optimum Blender Official

Hello Glenn, I wanted to personally follow up with you regarding the issue you have reported with not being able to fully enjoy your Optimum PressureCook Pro due to the missing cookbook. I have ... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

So small it's impractical

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

So excited when my multi cooker arrived, opened it up and realised i would not be able to cook a family quantity of osso bucco, leg of lamb, lamp shanks or bone broth. It's tiny. Really disappointed its deceiving from the outside. Lucky I may be able to get a full refund.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Miksta, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I am sorry you were disappointed about the Induction PressureCook Pro powered by Optimum and that unfortunately, the applian... read more »

Optimum Blender Official

Hello Miksta, I wanted to personally follow up regarding the feedback you shared about the Induction PressureCook Pro and that the appliance did not meet your personal needs or expectations. I ... read more »

• 15 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

Good with a shortcoming

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

This appliance replaced three of my old ones, a pressure cooker which no longer worked on my induction cooktop, a deep fat fryer and a slow cooker.

Firstly I used it as a slow cooker, I read the recipe book a few times (emailed to you) so I could work out how to brown the meat before adding the other ingredients. Everything worked well but it does have a slight hum which you do get used to, eventually.

Secondly, it was used as a pressure cooker, I looked for the "pressure cooker" button but there was no such button. So it looks like some of the options are for pressure cooking, i.e. soup and the rest are for other forms of cooking, I.e. roast. So I selected soup to make some chicken stock and it was incredibly easy. Just set and leave. However, as one reviewer points out the steam release is slow so I would not use it for delicate food like fish.

Lastly I used it as a deep fryer. I do not cook very much by deep frying but found that it did not reach a temperature of 180 degrees (I used a thermometer to check the temperature). I would also like to have an indication of when the oil reached its temperature as opposed to just dropping some food in to see if it sizzles.

I also found this appliance a little heavy, I keep mine in a kitchen cupboard so this would not be an issue if it was left on the kitchen bench.

All in all a very smart and sophisticated machine. Not that keen on the voice assistant personally and you certainly would not need it once you became proficient so a switch off button would be good.

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Takes a while to get the hang of the menu

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Works well but takes a long time to release steam so cooking continues due to pressure still in the machine eg. Fish chowder ,fish was overlooked and prawns were no better ,chowder was very watery. I think pressure should be adjusted manually so don't rely on the recipes , use them as a guide, I find by cutting the time back I get a better result eg. Lamb leg using pressure cook was over cooked but by adjusting time and manually setting pressure you get a lot better result. Cake cooked well but once again was slightly over cooked. Will try apricot chicken today using suggested cooking time and see how it comes out . I believe the cooker is a marvellous machine so bear with it and you will become hooked

October 9th 2017 Update: Ideal machine very easy to clean

Bit of a mystery to start with but now no worries , I mainly use slow cook high 4 hours for all meats you can't go wrong . Sear the meat first ( braise ) 1 cup of veg stock , when finished let it o to keep warm till ready to eat

Comments

The apricot chicken came out perfect 3 hours slow cook high. Used apricot nectar as liquid . Also diced celery for flavour . Tip cut the carrot and celery very fine unless you want it a dente

Silverside was excellent 4 hr on slow cook high, did not dry out in the fridge . Had cold meat for 4 days

love this one

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Love this one! it saves me a lot of time on cooking especially for meat and soup. Have heard some terrible stories about pressure cooker this one is very safe and easy to use. I can cook meat within 15 minutes until it becomes very tender but it a bit heavy.

Date Purchased: May 2017

I love this appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

After being freaked out by my old pressure cooker for some time, I saw the induction pressure cooker being demonstrated by JackieM of JackieMFood.com and was impressed enough to order one from PHA. I was very taken with the voice assistant! My pressure cooker arrived within a few days and I tried my first meal using the basic methods outlined in the PDF recipe book to make a quick chicken curry. I used Jackie's Kapitan curry paste - half a packet to 500gm chicken thigh meat and 270gm coconut cream. I also used some Brussels sprouts to make a more complete one pot meal. I fried the paste in a little oil on the deep fry setting until it became fragrant, then added the chicken and coconut cream. I set it to braise and stopped it after 20 minutes. The I added my Brussels sprouts ( peeled, halved and brown in oil) and continued the braise for 10 more minutes. It worked perfectly! The recipes are a good guide to using several functions in one dish and can be easily converted to your own recipes. The clean up was so quick and easy. I love this appliance and am using it a lot!

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Excellent addition to kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I started using this when a friend bought it for me as a house warming gift and it's great. So far have made soup and beef cheeks which my husband loves! What I would love to see is a recipe app so it's easier to know what to cook in it.

picton

Love this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

i wasnt sure about electric pressure cookers but i went ahead and bought this as i needed a new slow cooker and i am glad i did!! i waited to purchase the machine and it was well worth the wait. the only down side is it would of been handy to have a recipe book sent with it.

Cranbourne

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

This is a great pressure cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I purchased the Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro for my son as a Christmas present. After many visits to local stores, I just couldn't decide because none had exactly what I was looking for. The Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro had all the things that I wanted in a pressure cooker, and if I liked it my son would too. Well, as it turned out - he loves it! Everything from the lid to the controls being on the top, just great. (not having to lean over to look at the dial and controls is a plus) This machine does it all. I purchased the red one, looks amazing. All I have to do now is buy myself one, can't wait for that either, hope the price doesn't change anytime soon. I recommend this to myself :) P.s The recipes that come with it are pretty good too. Being on a low carb diet, I found it interesting to see some nice recipes that can be adapted.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I reviewed many cookers before deciding on the Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro. It looks good and I'm very happy with the price. Haven't used it enough to offer an opinion on the performance, but so far, so good. To include a recipe book with the cooker would complete the package.

Purchased at: Froothie

Kemps creek, Nsw

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 18 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Optimum induction pressure cooker love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2016

Waited for a very long long time for this awsum machine .well worth the wait,and worth the discounted price of 299.00.looks are beyond others out there.performance is fantastic.i am loving this have made apricot chicken slow cooked.. also a beef one pot with veggies pressure cooked..taste is out of this world.. this does everything and is packed with saftey features to.. good bye to my stove pot ,and hello to this beauty...JUST WAITING ON THE RECIPE BOOK AND THE WARRANTY CARD.HOPE THIS COMES VERY SOON

Purchased at: Froothie

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Has anyone had a problem with the lid lock jamming half way? Mine is jammed tight and I can't use it at all. It was fine 2 days ago when I last used it. Took the plate and seal off to clean and now can't close the lid and lock it to cook in it.

Shirl asked on Jan 01, 2018

Answer this

Hello Shirl, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are reporting with the Pressure-Cook Pro. Please contact our technical team using this link http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php and they will be able to personally assist you to have the issue resolved ASAP. We hope this helps.

I need a keep warm and timer function for our Shabbat. Can I put in stew friday afternoon and tell it when to turn itself off in Saturday‚Äč lunch? Is it easy to make a split pea soup? Has anyone tried to prepare cholent in it? Thanks, Batya

Bobbie asked on Nov 24, 2017

I received my Induction Pro yesterday but could not find the rice paddle and ladle there isn't any recipe book where I can follow to make such as pizza or yoghurt for a start. I hope to hear from you soon as I am eager to use this new pressure cooker. Thank you. Regards Cathy Yong

Cathy asked on Oct 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Cathy I received most of the accessories but did not find a measuring jug in the box. I contacted the distributor who sent one out to me. They can also email you a recipe book too. You can reach them on support@froothie.com.au. They respond pretty quickly.

Thank you Lynne in the Sun, the support have acted quickly so I will be receiving them in the mail soon. Good service!

Hello Cathy and Lynne, thank you for your comments. We are glad to see that the issue has been resolved promptly :)

See all 11 questions about Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro