Saved over $16,000 in commission

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

We were selling two blocks of land and we had done our research on price. We were sure we could get a result quickly without the services of a real estate agent, even though we are on an extended holiday overseas. We wrote our own advertisement, we took our own photos and uploaded to the PropertyNow website.
Using PropertyNow the blocks had plenty of interest, even before the old house was demolished. Within two weeks we were fielding offers and both properties went to contract in 3 weeks.
In this case there was no service that a real estate agent could have performed that would have justified the commission. We saved about $16,000.
Very happy with the PropertyNow option of listing and advertising. I would not hesitate to use them again in similar circumstances.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Penang, Thank you so much for leaving such a truthful review :) We really appreciate your feedback! Saving $16,000 must be a terrific feeling, you can now go on another holiday! Thank you for c... read more »

great service at an affordable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

the team was very helpful. they got my house listed on all the main housing sites very fast. i found it very easy. selling my house was stress free and i would use property now again. cheers

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Russ,

Thank you very much for leaving us some feedback :) We are glad to hear you found the process easy and stress free, we believe that's how it should be!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Kind Regards, PropertyNow :)

Thanks Property Now

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Property Now gave us the opportunity to sell our home without stress. Their processes are straightforward, uploading photos and filling in details is easy, and they have no hidden fees. We are very happy to recommend them.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Fran, Thank you so much for leaving us a review :) We are very happy to hear your experience with selling your own home was stress free, that's how it should be! :P We would like to offer our p... read more »

Offers selling control

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

They are a great team very friendly and helpful. Property now offers a range of services to assist you in selling so you can be in control of your own property. Then there is the bonus of no commission. A great way to sell.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Gloria, we're delighted to hear that you're so happy with our team, and our product. We're very happy that you've had success with us, and really hope to work with you again in the future!

Have a great day!
Kind regards, PropertyNow.

Success again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

This the 4th time I have had success with propertynow, Can’t recommend them highly enough. Easy and streamlined and so much cheaper than using an agent!

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Sky, Awesome! Thank you so much for using PropertyNow. We appreciate your continued business and would like to personally congratulate you on your continued success! Wishing you all the best fo... read more »

Great way to sell

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

PropertyNow have been very helpful throughout our whole sale process. It has been so much more peaceful without going through a Real Estate Agent and we have felt so much more in control throughout the whole process. It was also great to get to actually talk to the people buying our house. We would definitely go through you again for any future house sales and have recommended you to our friends, who have been equally impressed with you. Thanks PropertyNow.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Gecko, Thank you so much for leaving us such an awesome review, we really appreciate such positive feedback :) We are glad we were helpful throughout the whole process and it was peaceful compa... read more »

So easy. I'm going to buy a boat with the $20k I saved on commission

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

After trying unsuccessfully for 4 months to sell through an agent we decided to give PropertyNow a try. We sold our place within 2 weeks and saved $20k in commission. We were nervous in the beginning, but the online process was so simple and dealing directly with the buyers took away all the second guessing and mistrust both parties are used to when communicating via an agent.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Bernie, thanks a million for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience. We're so happy to hear of your success and wish you the biggest congratulations from the entire team. Thanks... read more »

Verified Customer

Hassle free selling your home !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Excellent website and service, really easy to use, and i would definitely use this service again.
we achieved a price equivalent or more than what any other agent could have achieved.
very happy

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a positive review :) We really appreciate your contributions and wish you all the best with future endeavours!
Kind Regards, PropertyNow

Verified Customer

A genuinely easy way to sell your property

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

We have just sold a country property for the full asking price. For those of you who don't know, country properties, especially those on dirt roads, can take six months or more to sell, this property sold in four months ... from first online advert to settlement today.
This is the second country property we have sold with Property Now, and quite frankly, would do exactly the same if another opportunity arose. I am a strong believer in the owner of a property being the best person to sell their place, especially country properties.
The process of selling through Property Now is simple and you have the added bonus of help from them at any stage. I am in my seventies and found it a doddle.
If I can do this, so can anyone.
Kaye Norman.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Kaye, thank you so much for your wonderful review. How awesome that you've sold not one but two properties with this method. Well done you! We've absolutely loved having you as a client and hope... read more »

So quick, easy and inexpensive.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

PropertyNow has access to advertising on sites restricted to agents. I had advertised for some weeks on other sites, but as soon as I listed with PropertyNow and they advertised on the agent restricted sites a flood of enquiries were received. The property was rented to a group who came through on the first open for inspection.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Marie, thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate and are pleased to hear you had such a positive experience using our services. All the best with your future endeavours :) Kind Regards, Corey - PropertyNow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

So easy to list and update, property was leased quickly and the whole process was seamless from start to finish.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi David, we're so glad you found the process easy and leased quickly. Congrats! :)

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

An overpriced and inferior service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

At $694 for a standard listing, PropertyNow are one of the most expensive ‘for sale by owner’ websites. Yet they offer an inferior product to similar sites which are $300 less. Instead of prospective buyers being able to contact the seller direct, they are forced to contact PropertyNow first and provide a code number. This is both annoying and time consuming for buyers. PropertyNow claim that realestate.com.au rules will not allow them to provide the sellers phone number. This is false! Just look at any conventional real estate agency listing and somewhere on the webpage will be the agent’s mobile number. I also found the licensees attitude left much to be desired. Instead of listening to my complaints, [name removed] shouted at me and was extremely belligerent. I urge you to save your money and to go with another company.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Graham, it's disappointing to see your review. We're sorry that you weren't happy with our services. In regards to Realestate.com.au, it's actually correct that they don't allow us to list owner... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

Perfect way to sell your property

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Great site and the staff are excellent. From my experience the public are really pleased that they are speaking to the owner of the property and not just an agent. Thoroughly recommend this type of selling.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Anne, naturally we completely agree! We think that people do prefer simply dealing with the owners directly - we also believe that with a little bit of time and effort, it is also more effective... read more »

Loving the cost and simplicity of Property Now

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

If you have the time to do the Opens yourself, Property Now does all the heavy lifting as far as marketing. Open 1 day = Leased.
This is my 3rd time using Property Now with quick success each time.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Rogan, it's wonderful to hear that you're having consistent success with PropertyNow. We'd love to take all the credit, but we firmly believe that private-selling/leasing really is the way to go... read more »

Recommend PropertyNow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

I was very happy with the service I received from the PropertyNow team. Access to the current REIQ documents was especially useful.

Myra, Brisbane

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Myra,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you had a great experience. Wishing you all the best for your future endeaours :)

Corey - PropertyNow

Newcastle

• 1 answer

Verified Customer

A great low-cost alternative to a traditional real estate agent.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Property Now are great to deal with; the director (Andrew) answered my phone call at 7:30pm at night. He did not need to convince me that Property Now provide good value for money; I had just tried to advertise my property myself on Domain.com.au ($660 for 8 weeks) and Realestate.com.au (not possible if you are not a licenced real estate agent). Property Now charge under $700 to advertise on both of these websites, plus several more real estate websites, with no time limit. Property Now is very responsive too; my house was listed online less than 2 hours after I created my Property Now account (with photos). A professional-looking advertising sign was delivered to my door step the very next business day. The sign looked like it was from a real estate agency (not a cheap-looking "For Sale By Owner" sign); some buyers were pleasantly surprised to find my house was being sold by the owner.

Property Now provided an information guide which was really helpful. They also have several informative YouTube videos. I found the after-sales support was quite good, with my emailed questions being answered within a few hours. I photographed the property myself using an iPhone 7 (a 12 megapixel camera). I also measured the house interior and created my own floor plan (for advertising purposes) using floorplanner (dot) com - you don't have to go through this effort if you don't want to; Property Now provide this service for a reasonable price.

I got enquiries from 18 different parties in the space of 2 1/2 months, before I finally found a buyer. I liked being in control of the entire process, and not at the mercy of a real estate agent whom only has his/her own interests at heart. Dealing with buyers myself meant that I could get feedback on what they thought about the property; it was also reassuring to know that buyers enquiring about my property were not being directed towards other properties in some agents portfolio. I was also able to respond to online enquiries (with a phone call) from buyers in a very timely manner (in the past, I have found some local agents to be quite poor at responding to online enquiries). Each time my property received an enquiry online, a text message would be sent to my phone immediately; this feature is one of many different upgrades available (at small cost) from Property Now. There is also no time limit to Property Now's advertising; simply pay a one-off fee, and you can advertise your property for as long as you want until it is eventually sold. It is much better than having some agent put pressure on you to lower the price so that he can make a sale before the exclusive-agreement period ends.

I've saved over $6,000 in agents fees. In total, I have only spent about 15 to 20 hours of my time dealing with the sale (taking photographs, erecting the sale sign, creating a floor plan, showing buyers the property). Sometimes, it could be a little bit inconvenient (for example, a buyer would phone me and state that he was standing outside the property right now, and would like to be shown it immediately). However, the amount of work involved in selling a property hardly justifies the fees that agents charge.

Just as Uber disrupted the taxi industry by providing a more efficient, more customer-friendly service at a better price, the Property Now business model is likely to one day disrupt the real estate industry.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Geoff, Wow! Firstly, thank you so much for such a glowing endorsement. It's absolutely wonderful that you've enjoyed your experience with PropertyNow, and achieved success as well. Naturally, ... read more »

Easy and Affordable - Perfect way to sell a house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

What an Amazing experience.

Propertynow was such an easy way to sell property in QLD, the process of listing the house on Realestate websites, to having a sign board and professional photos taken made the sale of the house very professional and easy. We had one open day with 31 groups of people through the house and 6 offer documents by the end of the day, and sold for greater than our expectations!

When we told everyone that we were the owners and selling it ourselves you could almost here the gasp of relief from the buyers - they knew they weren't going to be dealing with sneaky agents or any tricks, it was a downright easy and affordable process. And we saved a SIGNIFICANT amount of money selling it ourselves.

I would recommend anyone that is willing to put in a bit of effort on hosting the open home - use PropertyNow, so easy and so affordable (and more money in your pocket at the end of the day)

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Carl, thanks so much for your review! Everything you've said is SO TRUE and what we continue to hear from successful sellers over and over. Congratulations to you for taking your property sale i... read more »

Another easy sale

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Another sale done and saving heaps. Best option to sell a house as long as you are prepared to be professional.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Mandy, Fantastic news! Thanks so much for your review, we're thrilled for you. Congratulations on your success and we look forward to having you back again. :)

Great portal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Wonderful service and affordable prices. My property was leased very quickly for a friction of costs that other portals charge.

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Anna, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We look forward to having you as a returning client and would like to congratulate you on leasing so fast! :)

Great online Real Estate Company (PropertyNow) - that helps you sell your home without agents!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

It has been a great experience using Property Now. Their service has been great and the package they offered worked for my needs and was very cost effective. If you have the time and the patience to sell your own home I would highly recommend Property Now. Many thanks to the phone service provided and the smooth online support to in setting up the sale of my home.
Regards
Daniel

Comments
PropertyNow Official

Hi Daniel, We're so glad that you've had a positive experience with PropertyNow! It's wonderful that more people are waking up to the idea that they're entirely capable of selling their own homes... read more »

1 of 20 pages

I have a place for rent at Lennox Head I’ve already registered Do I need to pay another $x to put an add up?

Bev Dhnaram was asked on Nov 27, 2018

Answer this

Hi Bev, I can see you already have an active listing for a property at Brooklet. If you're wanting to list another property, unfortunately, there will be a new listing fee for a secondary property. You won't need to create another account, however, you'll be able to do this directly in your current PropertyNow account. Please contact us at sales@propertynow.com.au if you'd like to chat further. :)

Hi, We live in a reasonably remote/rural area of SA but it's only about half an hour from the Barossa and 20 minutes from Blanchetown (the river). It's a very unique property and I can't imagine there would be anything else quite like it in Australia. It has 4 acres and used to be a pioneer museum. It has 2 churches (the big one is the main home), the second is mostly self-contained, a huge, funky stand alone games room, an old school house that used to be used in the 30's and is now a separate room, many other buildings (a drapery shop, PO, carpenters shop etc, etc) and a cemetery. With it being such a unique place with nothing to compare it to, we would need to ask for people to put in their best offers rather than advertise with a price. Would this be a problem if using PropertyNow?

SMB asked on Oct 03, 2018

Answer this

sounds gorgeous. My property was in central victoria near small country towns and very quirky also and hard to describe to people as it was built in the 1860s. Take lots of photos and perhaps send interested clients and be prepared to shows lots of people through. I do feel that you have to put a rough guide on price even if you say that expressions of interest will be considered.

Thanks Anne H. I definitely agree with taking lots of photos. Just so much to describe. Also think it's probably a good idea to put a rough price guide. People may think that on the description that it might be out of their price range but land is very cheap where the property is and won't sell for as much as it would in a better area. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Hi there,

We can definitely show the display price as “Best offer” but the system on Realestate.com.au and Domain.com.au will need a back-end price. This is just the price that the system uses for searches (for instance, it needs to have a price so that it knows if it should show the property for a search of $500,000 - $600,000 listings) but it can be hidden so that people searching cannot see it. Does that make sense?

Hope you have a fantastic day!
Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Who confirms the sale price advised by the vendor themselves? What happens if a vendor exaggerates their property description?

Trebt asked on Sep 22, 2018