Mentone

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Genuine commitment to customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

I've read some earlier reviews complaining about online orders not being fulfilled in a timely manner and books being out of stock (an almost universal problem these days I find when ordering books online from virtually all book sellers). I encountered a similar situation recently when I attempted to purchase some children's books. However, when I conveyed my concerns to QBD I received the most exceptional and unexpected response and sensational customer service. In response to customer feedback the company has gone to the trouble of revisiting it's whole stock monitoring process to make sure that this does not happen to anyone in the future and to ensure that the stock availability and timeframes on their website are 100% accurate. Kudos to QBD for being willing to listen to customer feedback and invest time and resources in fixing this problem. Now all of their customers can be assured that the stock availability and delivery timeframes on their website are genuine and accurate - not something you can say about most other online book sellers!

Awful and terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

Bought an ebook because it was cheaper than any other place. Turns out you can only read it through the QBD app and that it is incompatible with any other basic e-reader apps - at least that what I got told over the phone when speaking with their support team. I suppose I should have read the warning - oh wait there wasn't one - in fact the email said I quote "We understand that some customers may want to use their 3rd Party eReader device rather than our eReader app. For more information on how to do this please read this guide". Yet the guide had no information about how to do this - probably because it apparently can't be done.

So I downloaded the QBD app and it wasn't there. Emailed - got no answer. Called the support team and they said they had to refer the problem to somebody else. I was told someone would get back to me in 24 hours. 72 hours later, still nothing. So I called them back. I was told my ebook was not actually available anymore and that they shouldn't have been selling it on their website in the first place. Ok cool, so how come nobody got back to me about it so I could get a refund. Well it turns out they misspelled my email. A bit unsure about how that could happen seeing as they asked me for all my personal details when I payed for the book which would therefore put the correctly spelled email in their system and from there it's called copy and paste. Secondly - you would think if they misspelled my email they should have gotten that automated message saying "failed to send your message because the email is wrong" which should have prompted them to try again. But they didn't.

Still waiting for my book

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Very disappointing.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

On 6th December we ordered a book on the website which stated "in stock" with an estimated delivery time of 10-14 days. After 14 days and no book we contacted QBD who then informed us that the book was out of stock. As the book was a Christmas gift and we would have accessed it elsewhere had we known that the book was out of stock the customer service lady suggested that we could access the book from a store close by. As our closest store was over an hour away she said that she would order the book (2days) and express post it and that it would be possible that it still would arrive by Christmas. I have just received an email saying that the book is out of stock with no due date and that if we wish to cancel the order please do so. Naturally with one delivery day remaining till Christmas I now have no book and no other way to order this book elsewhere. I have no issue with a book being out of stock but this is misleading and false advertising to say a book is in stock when there is no book actually in the warehouse/stores not once but twice. Please do not perpetuate a mis truth by saying you will get a book to me when there is no book to send. I will not be using QBD again but will use Booktopia instead which I have found highly efficient, honest and good to deal with in the past.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase

Online vs. In Store

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

Received purchase from online order which cost $55.99 + postage. Sale sticker still on book $12.99.
And the store I visited before I made the purchase online said "we're out of stock, and not restocking" so I didn't have a choice. Not happy at all that the sale price in store was not past online.

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

I am constantly amazed by the staff at QBD and how helpful they are! They are always recommending me great books to read and happy to help whenever I have any problems or concerns.

Four attempts later, four months later - still no book.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2016

After recieving a gift certificate in April of this year I went to the website and ordered three books. One week later I recieved an email saying only one of three was available, despite the unavailable books still being listed on the web site. So I selected two other books. One week later I recieved another email saying only one of the two books was available, despite the fact that they were both still listed on the website (in fact still are listed on the site). So I selected yet another book... Guess what?
Four months later, the communication has dwindled off to nothing. Still no book.

Fast delivery! Book in great condition!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Had no issues, fast delivery, the book is in great condition as described. Great prices, would purchase from here again!

Melbourne

Verified Purchase

QBD Books - Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

Ordered Sunday 17.7.16, received Tuesday 26.7.16. Was initially reluctant to use QBD due to other reviews, but thought I'd give them a go & found them to be great. Good prices.

Super Speedy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

My book was ordered on Friday the 13th and I am reading that book now. Monday. WOW . Thank you QBD and all I can say is that it does NOT get Better That That.....

Advertise out of print books and dont notify customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2016

Really dissatisfied actually. I ordered a childs book on the 10/3 still nothing by the 23/3 to then ring then to be told sorry its out of print! No refund no email/ letter advising either, so everyday i have a 3 year old going to the mail box waiting for NOTHING.

Awesome online service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

I was really happy with the online service. Both my orders arrived in great condition and a few days earlier than I expected! They might not be the cheapest around but free shipping definitely makes up for it. They're sales are awesome as well, I got a box set of 4 for thirteen dollars. That comes to about 3 dollars a book, pretty sweet deal!

1 of 4 pages