Sewer Blockage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

This is the first time we have used the RACV Emergency Home Assist service and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. Response time was speedy (within half an hour); serviceman was friendly and efficient; and the problem was resolved.

Great Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

We lost our power last Friday night.. Called Home Assist. Very soon after an Electrician arrived. turns out, somehow our house only was selected to be cut off. Nothing he could do , but at least we knew what the problem was. United Energy restored our power about 3-30 am Saturday.

Hot water restored

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

I called RACV early this morning and true to word a plumber came over ,full of enthusiasm. He inspected the problem,and he promptly went abount resolving it. Well done ,racv!

Friday evening plumbing emergency

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

On Friday evening I was unable to turn the kitchen flick tap off properly and the top broke off in my hand, twisted to the hot side and still pumping water. I turned off the water supply and phoned Emergency Home Assist as a first- time user. A friendly and courteous plumber came and replaced the tap with the whole procedure done efficiently and satisfactorily.

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

George was friendly and kept me informed of what he was doing. Gave me further information of home assist. Excellent knowledge .

plumbing problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

Plumber came within the hour and fixed the problem quickly and efficiently. Excellent service.
He was polite and respected my home by taking off his shoes on the carpet.

An excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

Water was bubbling up from underground, so I rang Home Assist. They understood my problem immediately, and within an hour, Chris arrived. He was helpful and friendly, and although he had to dig down in a very tight space, removed and replaced the split piece of pipe. Problem solved, and no sleepless night! Well done.

Fantastic service and quick resolution.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

We called RACV Emergency Home Assist to restore power. The electrician, Tristan, arrived in a timely manner and managed to solve the mystery of what was causing our power outage. Tristan was very efficient and a pleasure to deal with. Altogether a great outcome for late on a Saturday afternoon. Thank you.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

The Emergency Home Assist support was requested because of a burst water pipe. The plumber, Chris, arrived within half an hour of the call being made and identified and took care of the problem very quickly. I am very impressed by way the RACV staff and the trades people involved provide this excellent service.

This warrants my first review ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

Never done a review previoysly because it never deserved the praise for this proffesional plumber who has a problem solving & attention to detail that would be a foundation to resolve any emergency quickly with a premium on caring efficiency.

Fixed within one hour of calling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

On a 40-degree day the aircon stopped working. Called Home Assist and the problem was fixed within an hour. The service man also showed me photos and made a recommendation about what I should do to keep things running smoothly, which I will follow-up on. I trust this service since RACV make no (more) money from correcting things.

Loss of power

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Power was out in my street and your electrician was very prompt and he contacted United Energy who fixed the problem. Very happy with the service.

Plumbing issue

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

The plumber was very quick and reliable,,, he did the job perfect ,, he was very polite and clean ,,, thank you for your job

A terrific service! (This is an absolutely private comment - not for publication, please. Ditto for

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

I had some light-fittings/switches that weren't working and the electrician - who arrived within an hour of my call to RACV Emergency Home Assist - solved all the difficulties in no time at all. He was friendly and courteous (it's an RACV characteristic!) and it was a pleasure to have him helping.

Repairs to electrical circuit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Inexplicable tripping of one electrical circuit. The electrician came within 60 min as promised and thoroughly checked everything which I can evaluate well as an electrical engineer. The electrician, Tristram, based on the testing suggested and implemented a remedy for a suspected source of fault which seems very logical. An excellent and timely response of high quality. We only took out this insurance on 27 Dec 17 and feel that it is a very worthwhile service.

Perfect service each or the three times I have needed urgent help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Very good service and so happy to have joined up last year when the shower would not turn off on a Sunday morning.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Person on the phone understood problem immediately. Plumbers were here and gone within half an hour with advice and follow-up strategy.

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

verry good job .the plumber was friendly and excellent service, very happy with job done and plumber came within 20 minute.

Verified Customer

Fast and effective

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Driveway gates controller shorted and one side was stuck open not allowing us to get out of the house by car. Manual override was stuck and not usable. RAVC home assist sent technician over within minutes who after a bit of effort opened the gates. Brilliant.

Efficient response

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

On site within the hour and blocked sewer was fixed after several attempts through cheerful patience and focus on the task in hand

1 of 61 pages

I have a wobble ceiling fan, can I use this service from RACV?

Thu N asked on Dec 06, 2017

I had a plumber here on 3rd September for a blocked drain. He turned up with just 18 metes of coil and no jet, then declared he couldn't clear the drain but that he could organise me a quote blah, blah, blah. Next day on the 4th I got my own plumber (not through RACV) and he fixed the blockage in 20 minutes. Not only did he have 40 metres of coil but he also had a camera and a jet cleaner. Am I right to feel dudded by RACV Home Assist?

Bux asked on Sep 19, 2017

Answer this

You cant expect RACV to be equipped with expensive equipment like cameras etc. they are there to help in an emergency and do their job very well. But would have had to pay big for a plumber so would expect to get the job done well. We are extremely happy with RACV EHA and we have had to have them out several times.

I think you need to make sure you let RACV know what happened. Naturally they expect to be sending good trades people. As we all know.... not everyone is good (or honest) at their job. The only way they can get rid of the bad workers is if we let them know. I have never had any trouble with any of the tradies they have sent to 'save' my issues, but I did used to use an RACV approved car repairer. I was not happy and stopped using them, I did not complain to RACV - probably should have - but I notice now they are not RACV approved any more.

are appliances like ovens, cook top, over stove fan, air conditioners, washing machine , dryers covered?

rhonda asked on Aug 14, 2017