Emergency Home Assist

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

The plumber was within half an hour of call attending the toilet flusher water leakage that required complete changeover of the internal unit. He was clean, efficient and attentive. Highly recommend this service to anyone. This has been my third call and can not underestimate the saving if I were to engage a plumber from outside.

Melbourne

• 1 question
Private message

Very Happy Result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Had a leaking tap, rang RACV and was told plumber would be there within the hour. He was there in 20mins.
Solved the problem in 10 by changing tap over. Trevor was most pleasant and helpful. He left no mess and I would certainly recommend him and the service.

Verified Customer

Excellent Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Gas Hot water Service (HWS) died overnight. Phoned in at 7.15AM and plumber was onsite in 30 minutes. Needed a new HWS which was quoted and arranged. All done by 12.30 same day. Fantastic.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Very efficient, prompt service. Electrician's help was very much appreciated without which I would have been in the dark all night.

Quick service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Luke arrived on time and finished the task and solved our issue quickly. He gave some pointers as well. .

Melbourne

Private message

Very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I just love this service. I have had electricians in the past but today was a plumber, who arrived within the hour and did a wonderful job. No fuss, no mess, really helpful and I’m very grateful. Thank you.

Hand to have for emergencies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Quick response and turn around time. Very friendly services and a job well done. Left the place clean and tidy. very happy with the service. Thank you.

wonderful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Had a blocked toilet last Saturday, rain pouring down, visitors on the way, panic stricken me and along came the racv plumber who was just wonderful did the job in no time at all. I was so grateful to him, courteous, polite and professional. Thank you so much.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Called at around 1am Sunday with a plumbing issue and had a plumber at my doorstep some 33 mins later who corrected the problem very professionally.

Really fast in the early morning

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Arrived very quickly to fix a burst pipe at 4 in the morning. Very pleasant and professional to deal with, highly recommended.

Electrical Made safe

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Our safety switch wasn’t turning on at the switch box. The electrician worked very hard to problem solve it. Getting it all fixed tomorrow but he got us up and running.

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Fixed the problem quickly and a Very professional tradie. Call out on a Sunday night to a rural property and still made it on time
Thank you so much.

Timely, effective emergency assistance with gas leak

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Occasional whiffs of gas inside home. RACV technician Rob verified large leak somewhere in house gas piping through pressure check at gas meter. Checked water and central heaters. Followed up on suggestion to isolate unneeded rear section of piping by providing information and arranging urgent contract work (on a Friday afternoon) which resulted in leak being isolated (hence fixed), allowing heaters to be put back in use. Many thanks to Rob for his courtesy, skill and commitment to getting the problem resolved ASAP. Thanks, RACV!

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Water problem quickly fixed replacement parts immediately available as were carried by plumber who was professional and very courteous. Thank you.

FIX blocked shower drain on saturday night

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

came within 40 mins on a saturday night. over 30 mins work to fix and all at no cost to me. plumber was very professional and helpful! amazing service!

No hot water.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Problem quickly fixed. Telephone service great. Service man was very professional, courteous and very pleasant. Good explanation and advice given.

Power o

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

On time, and qualified electrician who knew his trade. Problem quickly fixed with a clear explanation of problem. Thank you.

Quick and problem sorted.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

Heater went out and we needed someone who could get into the roof and restart the system. The young fella that arrived was pleasant and professional and he was able sort the issue.

Prompt efficient service - very impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

The response was prompt and problem efficiently dealt with. Very impressed with the telephone contact and the tradesman, who was very professional, courteous and amiable. Thank you for providing such an excellent service in our time of need. So pleased we joined!

Great help when needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I have had to use this service twice recently and have found the tradesmen excellent and very professional. It has certainly made me thankful to have thus service available when needed.

1 of 69 pages

Is a stormwater drain blockage covered by EHA?

Lindsay asked on Apr 03, 2018

I have a wobble ceiling fan, can I use this service from RACV?

Thu N asked on Dec 06, 2017

I had a plumber here on 3rd September for a blocked drain. He turned up with just 18 metes of coil and no jet, then declared he couldn't clear the drain but that he could organise me a quote blah, blah, blah. Next day on the 4th I got my own plumber (not through RACV) and he fixed the blockage in 20 minutes. Not only did he have 40 metres of coil but he also had a camera and a jet cleaner. Am I right to feel dudded by RACV Home Assist?

Bux asked on Sep 19, 2017

Answer this

You cant expect RACV to be equipped with expensive equipment like cameras etc. they are there to help in an emergency and do their job very well. But would have had to pay big for a plumber so would expect to get the job done well. We are extremely happy with RACV EHA and we have had to have them out several times.

I think you need to make sure you let RACV know what happened. Naturally they expect to be sending good trades people. As we all know.... not everyone is good (or honest) at their job. The only way they can get rid of the bad workers is if we let them know. I have never had any trouble with any of the tradies they have sent to 'save' my issues, but I did used to use an RACV approved car repairer. I was not happy and stopped using them, I did not complain to RACV - probably should have - but I notice now they are not RACV approved any more.

Listen to their advertisments they are the first port of call, saving that initial call out fee which can be so expensive if it can't be done by them then it is the next stage, they tell you that. What do you want for the money it's not like it costs a fortune. Great peace of mind and also great service times even on Weekends. Come on Aussie's give it a break

See all 8 questions about RACV Emergency Home Assist