Perfect tradesman

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Very happy with matt he went above and beyond I love this service he gave me peace of mind and he rang to

Great job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Great job and very professional. Very prompt , arrived well within the hour. Job fixed very quickly. Plumber was very polite and very informative concerning issue.

Comments
RACV Official

Dear Dee, Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your experience with RACV Home Assist. We are pleased to hear your issue was resolved so quickly, and you found the service u... read more »

RACV EHA is always excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Staff came in very quick and found out the problem very quick. Always good to have RACV EHA to help.

Fantastic and friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Plumber did a great job considering our location and the time of my call out. Extremely pleased with the outcome

Well Done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Excellent job problem with burst pipe fixed very quickly and efficiently very happy with results all handled very professionally. Well done.

Comments
RACV Official

Dear Phil, Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your experience with RACV Home Assist. We are pleased to hear that your burst pipe was fixed to your satisfaction. Thanks ag... read more »

Well worth the money .

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Our power failed 8.30 at night . Called RACV home assist , lady on the phone was prompt & pleasant ( and spoke understandable English ). Sai the serviceman would be about 1 hour , he was 10 minutes , A most pleasant and helpful man . We are very happy with the result .

Blocked Drainage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Assistance was prompt and efficient. Found out problem requiring Yarra Water. Technician was very helpful and called them immediately on my behalf. Overall service was very good. Staff on the phone and technician on site were polite and helpful. Very satisfied.

Comments
RACV Official

Dear Tak, Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your experience with RACV Home Assist. We are pleased to hear your blocked drainage problem was resolved so quickly. Thanks a... read more »

Verified Customer

Burst Hot Water Service - RACV Staff excellent - Outcome Poor

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Phone Staff excellent & RACV Tech very prompt and appeared helpful. Needed to replace unit. Technical advised a plumber would be out to quote that morning. Rec'd call late afternoon with an outrageous quote for only one of the options discussed with technician. They were abrupt and hung up when advised I was after second option. Sourced local plumber who was onsite in an hour, quote was a third cheaper and installed the following day. Rec'd second call from RACV recommended plumber the next day asking if he could do site inspect for quote. Too late I advised, already organised..

Comments
RACV Official

Dear Scott, Sorry we haven't been able to meet your expectations. If you can please Private Message us your membership number and contact details we will be able to pass on your feedback. Regards, Randall

Hot water not working

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Contacted RACV and promptly an electrician was sent within 15 minutes. He isolated the problen as solar heating pump being faulty. He disconnected the pump and all faciities were back on. Very professional and thorough.

Comments
RACV Official

Dear Chris S, Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your experience with RACV Home Assist. We are pleased to hear your solar heating problem was resolved so quickly. Thanks ... read more »

Melbourne

• 4 answers

Superservice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

RACV advised an hour waiting time for a plumber to come and resolve a problem we were having with our taps. Trevor, the plumber arrived within 20 minutes and repaired our taps promptly. He is a very polite, curteous and skilful young man.
I would gladly recommend RACV home service to friends.

Comments
RACV Official

Dear Jawen43, Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your experience with RACV Home Assist. We are very pleased to hear you are happy with Trevor's service and the problem wa... read more »

Blocked sewer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Nobody wants to deal with a blocked sewer but the RACV Emergency Home Assistant did. Within the hour a young man arrived at my door, inspected the difficulty and set to work. He isolated the problem - blockage from use rather than roots. He immediately dealt with the blockage using equipment from his neat van and then he checked that the problem was rectified. Less than half an hour! How amazed I was as from the time I phoned RACV EHA for help it was just an hour to have it resolved . Bravo to the service and thank you to the young plumber who came to my rescue.

Comments
RACV Official

Dear EllyP, Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your experience with RACV Home Assist. We are very pleased to hear your blocked sewer was fixed so quickly. Thanks again an... read more »

I need this service as much as I need fresh air,wonderful idea.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

I never knew how wonderful this service was until I needed them, 'caught short' as they say, mid winter heating service failed,damned cold, called RACV, there within the hour, all warm again,I was only too pleased to renew again after 12 months, best pennies ever spent, bloody beaut.

Comments
RACV Official

Dear Sir, Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your experience with RACV Home Assist and the customer service provided on your heating. We are very pleased to hear that it ... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
Private message

Cery glad to have this service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Toilet malfunction late at night. Warren the plumber arrived quickly and got the water functioning well enough to get me through till a plumbing firm could come and clear it. Very polite and helpful. Thank goodness for RACV Home Assist and tradesmen like Warren.

Comments
RACV Official

Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your experience with RACV Home Assist and the customer service provided by Warren our plumber. We are very pleased to h... read more »

Burst water pipe - Emergency Home Assist is only available between 9 and 5

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Burst water pipe today. Called RACV EHA. Said they would send a plumber in 60 minutes. Waited 3.5 hours. Young plumber arrived. Said it was a simple fix as I had already dug the hole to exposed the leak. Said he needed to get a small part. Left and arrived back in 15 minutes. Said he was told by his supervisor that he was not allowed to fix it because that is not what RACV does and he could only send me a quote tomorrow. Said he was only allowed to turn the water off which I had already done. Rang RACV who told me that EHA is only available from 9 to 5 and that in any case RACV is really only a 3rd party company and not RACVs responsibility. I asked to speak to a supervisor who wouldn't speak to me because she was trained to deal with EHA.
I have family visiting from interstate - no water, no shower, no toilet, etc.. etc...
Your service today was a complete failure and utter disgrace.

Look at racvs ehas home page doesn't it say service is 24/7?? Doesn't it also say 1 hour labour included as well as simple fixes??? Doesn't racv represent itself as the issuer of the insurance??? What you are advertising and what you are promising is a fraud and I intend to challenge you with every legal resource I have available! !

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Larry,
We are very sorry to hear of this experience and would like to investigate this matter further. If you could please private message us with your membership number and contact details someone will be in contact shortly.
Kind Regards, Amanda

• 1 comment

No help!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Toilet was leaking every time we flushed. With 2 young children this is quite hard. Plumber came out and advised that this was the problem. He advised someone would ring me with a quote shortly to fix, they rang 1 hour later and told me $350. Why didn’t they fix it straightaway???? In the meantime got another plumber and fixed in 20 minutes. What a waste of time.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Meg,
We would really like to have someone look into this matter further if you could Private Message us with your membership and contact number.
Kind Regards, Amanda

Hi Amanda how do I private message you? Details would be good.

Fast, effective and courteous service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

RACV Home Assist arrived within half an hour to deal with a plumbing issue. Diagnosis was fast and RACV quickly engaged Yarra Valley Water as the issue related to their pipes. They too were equally fast and effective.

Comments
RACV Official

Thanks for the great Review David. It's great to hear were able to assist in getting this issue sorted for you!
Regards, Amanda

water leak

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

From the call to the end of the job only 40 minutes is too good.RACV assist do very good job.
thanhs

• 1 comment

Prompt & Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

This is my first call-out, and after some hesitation by the receptionist as to whether toilet issue was within the EHA Guidelines, the plumber arrived within 20 mins and dismantled the cistern to remove stubborn rusted out retaining bolts that were leaking water to the floor. He replaced the offending fixings with parts I had procurred, refitted and tested thoroughly, before departing with a smile.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Barry. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the tradesperson invo... read more »

member 1346873, permission granted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

RACV Home Assist has come to my rescue many times over the last 4 years. Their prompt and professional service is excellent.

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Maggie. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback. To enable us to do this,... read more »

Blocked sewerage pipe

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

3rd blockage at our house but 1st with RACV Home Assist. Plumber arrived within 20 minutes of making call and had it all clear within an hour of making call. We have paid a lot for emergency plumbing a few years ago. Emergency Home Assist is worth every cent

Comments
RACV Official

Hi Elle. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Emergency Home Assist. We love hearing our member’s experiences and would love to share your feedback with the plumber who assist... read more »

1 of 85 pages