Filter By:

Melbourne

Product: Pay As You Drive Insurance Insurance claim made

Too difficult to contact

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Real Car Insurance is a budget insurer and it shows. This year, for the first time, I took out Third Party, Fire and Theft. I do not recommend this type of insurance to anyone who does not have a beat-up wreck. They seriously undervalued my car when quoting cover (yes, I should have checked for myself) and then when I was involved in a multiple car accident, they were less than helpful. You phone, and are put on hold for so long that you give up. If you do manage to get through, their front line of responders know absolutely nothing. Occasionally you can manage to talk to someone with some real knowledge, but it didn't happen to me more than twice during the whole saga. They kept telling me that if I'd taken out comprehensive insurance they could have helped me better - true, but not at all helpful.

If I'd known beforehand how useless third party only insurance is in a multiple smash when your car is a write-off and the driver behind you is not insured, I'd never have taken it out. I've had to fight other insurance companies myself (don't believe the myth that the person right at the back of a multiple care smash is necessarily responsible); organise lawyer's letters and put up with my wrecked car blocking my back yard for months on end. No doubt other insurance companies' third party policies are similar.

I found it hard to find someone useful to talk to and very difficult to find the information I needed. It was almost as if you had to know the right questions to ask before you'd get any help. I've never been in such a serious accident before, and didn't know anyone who had. No one seemed to know what to do. A nightmare.

Comments
Real Insurance Official

We are sorry that we were unable to help you this time. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions outlined in our PDS mean that not all items are covered. If you would like to discuss this matter fur... read more »

Gold Coast

• 1 comment

Product: Pay As You Drive Insurance

How to lose long term customers.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

After about 6,or 7 years with Real Insurance, had to leave due to excessive premium increase, more than 30% year on year, with no claim during the period. Calling them and querying the increase gave no satisfaction and was told, in similar terms. "like it or leave", so I left. The ridiculous thing is, I got a much cheaper premium price for the same cover, full comprehensive with the same excess, from Australian Seniors, who, oddly, are part of the same company. how stupid is that? A loyal customer, turned away by one trade mark, only to be maintained by another trade mark sibling. Lunacy.

Comments
Real Insurance Official

Hi Alan, sorry to hear this. In most cases, a premium increase is the result of underwriting changes. We hope you are satisfied with your policy with Australian Seniors Insurance Agency.

Hardly the point is it? If the 9ncrease was due to the underwriter, why the lower premium from the same source?

Worest Insurance Company Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

We have been with this company for years. Our car was stolen and burnt out. This Friday will be 9 weeks. We have supplied everything they have asked and my partner was interviewed for 4.5 hour and myself for another hour. Everytime we call them to ask what's going on our case manager is never available and they will call us back which takes anywhere up to 4 days. Once the police found the car burnt out we forwarded their report and GPS coordinates to the insurance company where they picked the car up bit didnt know where they towed it to. Took another 3 weeks to refind??? It was been the most stressful both emotionally and financially thing we have experienced. Avoid these guys.

Melbourne

• 1 question

Verified Customer Product: Comprehensive Car Insurance

Great customer service, competitive premiums

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Great costumer service, bought policy online and got good discount even with road side assist and car hire, when you contact them you will have a fast response on the phone and any update to your policy will be made with no fuss. Tried different companies over the years but real insurance has been the best so far, so we transferred all our insurance policies to them, keep up the good work.

Insurance claim made

EXPECT THE WORST HOPE FOR THE BEST

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

They take your money then when you make a claim you deal with another company. They make you download an app and take pictures so they don't have to send out an assessor out. Then the tradie comes out and finds a heep of faults and says "why didn't an assessor come out?".Then an assessor comes out and on and on it goes. In the mean time your claims advisor tells you everything you want to hear but nothing happens.Never again

Comments
Real Insurance Official

Hi Johnny, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We'd like to look into this further; could you please share your details with us? You can send us a private message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance thanks.

Insurance claim made

They are not paying

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

I have lodged a claim almost 2 months ago, and my car was declared a total loss. Soon I received an email saying that they would pay me the full amount as per my contract.
After a month, despite my continuous calls, they kept telling me that the manager was on a meeting and that he would call me straight after, but this never happened. Everytime I called, at least 5 times, I've been told the same thing and just a bunch of lies. They are clearly trying to avoid me or / and avoid paying me.
I would never insurance my car again with this company and would recommend you to stay away from it.

Comments
Real Insurance Official

Hi Carlo, we're sorry to hear that you have had this experience with us. We'd like to look into this further so we can make sure this is resolved for you; can you please share your policy details w... read more »

Product: Pay As You Drive Insurance Insurance claim made

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

After my car was damaged in a hit and run I was worried about making my first ever claim. However real insurance made the entire process easy and so helpful. They took care of everything and kept me informed every step of the way. I will definitely be recommending them to all of my family and friends.

Product: Comprehensive Car Insurance Insurance claim made

excellent service in a timely and efficient manner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I have been with Real Insurance since 2008. When I needed roadside assistance earlier this year the response from Real Insurance was quick and efficient.

Good Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

I have a few policies with real insurance and dealing with them is quite easy, never had any real issues.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

The worst experience I've had with an insurance company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I have made a claim in good faith with company after being with them for 10 years. After 6 weeks of waiting they tell me the claim will not be covered.
The 1st problem arose when they said the car would be towed to a specific crash repairs. The owner of the crash repairs called me a short time later and stated not to have to car towed to them as they do not do mechanical work as it was a damaged front drive shaft caused by an impact.
After not having anyone in the area that they had used, I suggested a mechanic that I had used a couple of times for servicing. The person I was talking with said yes have it towed to him and get him to do a quote for repairs. They then said that they would send out an assessor within two weeks. After 4 weeks they were asking for photos with still no assessor in sight. As I lived 5 hours away from where the car was and work in WA this was a little hard for me, however the mechanic sent some photos through. Another two weeks later after chasing and chasing and being feed stall tactic after stall tactic, I'm told that it will not be covered due to a old defective CV boot and that this allowed for the drive shaft to get grit into it and it has failed. This was all figured out from 500km away by an assessor whom look a some photos and did no inspection of the vehicle. Wouldn't have anything to do with an impact at 100km/hr when my wife ran off the road though would it.

When I made a complaint they put in a review. I got an email the following day, (the fastest they have moved so far) see main section of email below I have left out names and such.

Your complaint for the exclusion of CV shaft boot has been assigned to myself for review of the claims decision.

The Assessor has noted that the CV shaft boot is torn and leaking grease and notes that this is a common occurrence in older vehicles with high kilometres. The Assessor has concluded that the worn shaft has not been damaged as a result of the claimed event and this has failed as a result of wear and tear.

Are you give me some more information regarding your dispute, including specifically you are disputing?

I look forward to your response.

I have tried to call now many many times and the phone is always busy. I have emailed and they want to call me later or tomorrow. My reply to them was within a couple of minutes of receiving the first email and suggested that I am available right now,only to have no further response from them.

Do Not waste your money with this company they are a bunch of thieves and will use every dirty trick in the book to make you wait, and then deny you of any legitimate claim. Stick to companies with the proven record for fairness and actually ability to send an assessor to do a job that they are employed to do!

This company will never get my money again, and you shouldn't give them yours!!!

Comments
Real Insurance Official

Hi John. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us, we are disappointed to hear that you are unhappy with the experience you have had. We'd like to look into this further for you; can you please sha... read more »

Verified Customer Product: Pay As You Drive Insurance Insurance claim made

Worst insurance company and very Unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

I have been with real insurance for a year and I had a car accident recently. I have never experienced something like this before they are worst insurance company, their team members misinform people about car pick up dates. They tell you to call the repairer to discuss about the car instead of them doing that job they are the best example of why people shouldn’t trust new Insurance companies .

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Product: Comprehensive Car Insurance

Cheaper than Youi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I was with Youi and they sent me a new quote for another 12 months. I never made claims and It was $840 annually. I wasn't happy so started looking for if there are any other options. I called Real Car Insurance and talked to Christopher. Now my insurance fee is down to $465.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great service all round . Couldn't have asked for more

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Approx 5 years and never had any issues with this company . Best thing I have could have done was to change company's

Highly recommend Real Car Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Many years, never required roadside assistance, however, my car was struck by a hit and run car in a car park, a witness took details, I contacted Police and they found the culprit, dealt with it, I contacted you and your people organised everything, excellent (not my fault) Thank You.

Product: Comprehensive Car Insurance

Any concerns with you policy. .please ask for help . Customer service excellent and very helpful. S

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

So far 3 years and 3 cars + house insurance. Price very affordable and no much changes between years..
So far so good. .no accidents.will see after

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 11 helpful votes

Product: Comprehensive Car Insurance Insurance claim made

Horrified at increase in policy after only 1 claim and they wont budge on the price. They could not

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I have been with real for about 8 years and only recently had a claim. The claim was easy enough but my new policy is a shock they have increased the premium by about $250 per year and devalued my car. When I called them to see if they could give me a better offer they were absolutely indifferent and couldn't care less. I thought that the cost of my premium plus the excess if Paid would cover me, it not what is the use of Insuring your car. I am shopping around and have already received a less expensive quote on my first try. I will be cancelling my policy with Real and advise anyone else not to make a claim if they are with them. Not worth it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Real Insurance Official

We are sorry to hear that you would like to cancel your policy as we would love to keep you as a customer. In most cases, a premium increase is the result of underwriting changes. If you could plea... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Product: Comprehensive Car Insurance

Be careful of this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

I took out a car insurance policy with that coy last year because they offered me the cheapest deal. When the policy was to be renewed in June of this year, they sent me a renewal certificate outlining the new premium. I got the shock as the premium jumped nearly almost double. I called up and was told by someone based in south Africa to take it or leave it. I told her that I'd go somewhere else. However that is not what i wanted to tell you here.
What shocked me and disgusted me even more is that they had automatically debited my credit card with the new premium. I was oblivious to this because i had stopped using this card for a long time. I only found out when i got chased by the credit card provider for the outstanding amount including late fees and interest charges.

I've contacted the coy and have demanded for a full refund as the payment that they had taken out of my credit card was unauthorised.

Still awaiting for the refund. Will go all the way if i don't get unauthorised amount refunded back on to my account.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Real Insurance Official

Hi Lucy, we're very sorry to hear this. Could you please send us your policy details in a private message on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Real.Insurance)? We will forward them onto a... read more »

Just an update. Got my money back (refunded into my credit card account) after having to prove to them that i have been insured with someone else. Technically i should not have to do that because ... read more »

Real Insurance Official

Hi Lucy, we are glad to hear that this matter has now been resolved. If we can be of any further assistance in the future please let us know, thanks.

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

Dreadful customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

This company is to be avoided at all costs
Phone calls and emails never returned
11 hours and 8 people to get a refund
And no email confirming agreement
Would never recommend them
Zero customer service
Totally unacceptable

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Real Insurance Official

Thank you for your feedback. It's disappointing to hear you've had an unpleasant experience with us. We strive to ensure that all our customers receive the best customer service and we take all cus... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Product: Pay As You Drive Insurance

Very happy with the service I received

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

not sure how long I've been with Real Insurance for but I'm very happy with the service I've received from them so far.

Product: Pay As You Drive Insurance

Pay As You Drive, is the best.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

As my husband and myself are retired, we do not drive enough kilometers to use an insurance that does'nt consider the amount you drive. We have made significant savings with Real. The setting up process was very professional and the customer service was excellent.

1 of 21 pages