Perth

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Looks great but that's about it!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

Looks fantastic but that's where it ends. Doesn't heat any where near the area that they claim it does and frankly you only feel the heat when standing right in front of it. Burning the recommended Jarrah so not the wood. Still have to use central heating to warm the room up. Very disappointed and would never buy again. Don't waste your money people!

Date Purchased: May 2017

Absolutely Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

Installed the Regency Bellerive two months ago and am thoroughly impressed. The unit was installed into an existing fire place and looks absolutely amazing. I've found the heat output to be excellent, especially when the inbuilt fan is turned on. I've been burning all types of timbers without an issue, obviously some burn faster than others, just as some burn hotter than others. To be honest the unit was kind of out of my price range, but I bit the bullet and am so glad I did. Just my two cents worth :)

Singleton

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

It was an extremely expensive and COLD mistake!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

12 months old so far so good!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2016

Heats 170sqm house in Tasmania no problem. We have to open windows when it is zero outside and 26 deg c inside. It does seem to be a little fussy with wet or semi green wood and the fan is a little noisy but nothing compared to a/c. love it!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hobart

• 6 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Not as Good as Expected

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2016

We upgraded to a Regency Bellerive inbuilt, having lived with a 2nd hand Saxon free standing that was sitting in the fireplace. We have been disappointed with the upgrade. Sure it looks great, with a wonderful big viewing window, the downside to which is smoke being released into the room on most occasions that we open it. We open the door as slowly as we can, but somehow it always manages to sneak out the door opening - rather than up the flue - I just don't think the design can cope with such a large opening. I was also disappointed with the increased wood use, but I think that's down to the damper being set slightly more open than older models to meet with emission standards.

All up, I regret spending the money ($3300 plus installation) on an inbuilt heater requiring an electric fan - I think we would have been better off installing a free standing sitting in the fireplace, and making use of the brickwork's thermal mass. Like the other review says, the heat distribution is not great - but maybe that's your lot with an insert wood heater.

Comments

After a top of 9 degrees today, and getting nowhere near the warmth we experienced with the old unit, we are looking at replacing the Bellerive with a cheaper freestanding unit.

Can't work out where the heat is going - up the chimney is my guess !

Eltham, Victoria

• 19 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

Great looking wood fire insert but a little disappointing in heat distribution and wood consumption

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2015

We deconstructed our fireplace to remove our old JetMaster open fireplace and rebuilt the fireplace to install one these Regency 'Bellerive' Wood Heater inserts - which actually looks much better than the pictures on the net. It looks brilliant when burning! We have gas ducted heating as our primary source of heating for our moderate size open plan home and was hoping to use the Bellerive as a secondary source of heating. Product claims it can heat 250sqm+ - however on a very cold morning without any other heating I found it barely heated the h ouse outside a range of ~6metres with the fan on full. I had a thermometer set about 15metres away and after 3 hours of early morning heating the mercury barely moved. Bit disappointing - thought it would really heat up the house nicely. The internal fan is only a tiny, single drum, 2 speed blower - I was a bit surprised how tiny it was when the installer showed me! Chews through a LOT more wood (hard wood only) than we anticipated (with damper full open or closed) - but this is our first closed wood heater so I guess thats what they do... It's certainly much better than the old Jetmaster open fireplace but I couldn't see us using it frequently in winter with the amount of wood it gobbles up - but perhaps that's par for the course for any closed wood heater? I don't know...

Note: With our limited experience with wood heater inserts it just may be that all wood fireplace inserts are of this performance - so please carefully consider this review and compare it to other similar heaters and reviews before choosing against the Regency Bellerive.

Hello, Enquiring if you have any further thoughts on your heaters since your last review?

Wellington27 asked on Jul 13, 2016

Answer this

Funnily enough just today I was considering that when going well our old Saxon made the room too hot to sit in - when going well the Regency doesn't do the same. Sure, if we really stack it up it's fine, but it takes a lot more wood to achieve the same level of warmth.

And I've had no response from Regency using their online contact form.

Still going strong. We went the biggest box possible so we could load it up and burn all night. With good hardwood it will burn all night and the glass remains clean. I'm sure there are better/more efficient heaters on the market but for sub $4000 including custom install and flue I'm very happy. Please note that the installer explained that flue design eg bends and total length plays a big part in how well the fire performs and ease of cleaning.

Product Details