Model: 24 (871624) Date Purchased: Feb 2002

Been good till now

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Have been happy with the unit since we moved in. No issues with the unit itself. Unfortunately it was Rheem customer service we found disappointing. We would have had to wait 4 days for a repair with Rheem. We had hoped for a better response considering the cold winter weather & our young family. We ended up replacing within 24hrs with a Rinnai. Hopefully their service will be better should we require it.

• 6 helpful votes

Model: 12 (876612) Date Purchased: May 2018

great for a 1 bathroom home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I have just bought the 12 litre per minute and find it very sufficient. We are only in a 1 bathroom home but wouldn't suggest this size for a 2+. Its certainly hot enough and you can't beat continuous. Also there is no pilot light so the gas is not always on. Im unaware of gas costs yet to see the efficiency compared to our old heater as we have only just had it installed.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. If you need any assistance in future, please feel free to contact us at rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au. Have a good day.

Model: 24 (871624) Date Purchased: Dec 2008

Really poor, doesn't hold heat

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

My wife and I have bought a house that has a Rheem integrity 24 already installed.
After our first week we thought there was water problems. Have spent a long time trying to find out what the problem was, but now 1 1/2 years later I've found it constantly cut's out.
Very dissatisfied as purchased my house for a far price as it was supposed to have good quality gear.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi James, If you would like us to contact you to investigate the issue, please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our team will be... read more »

Model: 14 (876620) Date Purchased: May 2014

Unreliable...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

Water heater hard to adjust. Its either too cold or too hot. When you get the right temperature, the hot water can go off and you are stranded in cold water. You need to turn off all and turn hot water on again then start over the adjustment. Totally unreliable.

Got a house that came with it.

Just like others, don't consider it and prepare to replace it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Ryan, We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to assist in troubleshooting for you. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.c... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 24 (871624) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Like others, I’ve found it really disappointing.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

I’ve moved into a property which had this already installed and it’s just not hot enough. It takes ages to heat up then when it finally gets there it’s not hot enough to rinse or wash dishes, soak stains, cleaning, etc. This also impacts greatly on water pressure when using hot water. From a safety perspective I guess it’s a good option, but surely the ability to change the setting would be better.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Customer, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustome... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: 871024 Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Very expensive to repair

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

Worked Ok for 4 years. Usual problem of water taking very long time to heat. Water flow unit has died after 4 years and is a $500 part and $200 to replace. Original unit was only $826. Have decided not to fix based on other reviews here and will look at a better brand to replace with.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Dave, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrel... read more »

adelaide s.a.

• 2 answers

Model: 24 (875624) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

METRO24 PLUS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

This is a great hot water service It is very reliable& as long as you turn on the hot first then the cold it works really great.WE had a bosch before this & it was nothing but TROUBLE & A RIGHT MONGRELL IT COST US A FORTUNE IN PLUMBERS& i would not even buy a BOSH DRILL> BUY A RHEEM YOU CANT GO WRONG; KERRY.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Kerry,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a great day ahead!

Kind Regards,

Illawarra

• 1 question

Model: 875026 Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Unsatisfactory

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I had the unit installed 8 months ago. Thought it would be great not runing out of hot water when family are home visiting.
To begin with, I use 3 litres of water to get the water to the warm stage in the kitchen. I have to boil my jug to wash my dishes as the hot water system barely reaches 40 degrees. The plumber said the strainer in my tap must have gunk in it so I replaced it. Still not hot. Then he said my 18mth old tap was the problem. Replaced that still no hot water. The pressure is so low you need the hot water tap on full to get the WARM water to flow. My husband has also insulated the pipes
Biggest disappointment and waste of money ever. Would talk anybody out of buying one

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Jenny, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrel... read more »

Timely response from customer service

Model: 27 Internal Commercial (862627) Date Purchased: Feb 2013

Electronics broken down after 4.5 years and needs replacing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

Electronics have broken down after 4.5 years of service and needs replacing. Since when does a hot water service last 4 years? I thought I was buying a respectable brand but obviously its just crap gear and they are selling based on their name. Plumber told me Rinnai was much more reliable so I have changed to this brand.

Purchased at: Reece

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Daniel, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerre... read more »

I called customer service and was told there would be a callout fee, I think $160 plus labour at $70 per half hour plus cost of parts. I ended up installing a Rinnai infinity. I don't think this is good enough

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Very poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

The temperature kept fluctuating, so the technician had to remove the water restrictor flows from the shower. Now there is lots of water coming out, so much for saving water. It takes too long to get it adjusted each time. When I run the laundry tap on hot, this fluctuates too. I wander what the dishwasher is doing.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Chrissy, We are sorry to hear about your situation and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerre... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: 24 (871624) Date Purchased: May 2015

Avoid at all costs - heap of junk

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Problem from day one is it takes a long time for hot water to flow. Hot tap has to be on high and once hot water flows any adjustment of the cold tap makes it run cold. Not practicable and not fit for purpose. Rheem say it's normal. Why does Rheem produce a unit that's not user friendly? Surely, they must be able to adjust the unit so the burner operates on low flow rates. Not happy Jan. I note a lot of unhappy customers are concerned manufactures warranty has or is about to expire. Don't be concerned about that because you are protected by consumer warranty law. If you not sure how it applies google it and certainly don't be put off by Rheem telling you it's out of warranty.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Tom, We are sorry to hear about your situation and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelati... read more »

I received a call today (31/5/2017) from a lady in customer relations who seemed genuinely interested in resolving this issue. She said she will speak with management and call me back. I feel I w... read more »

No response from Rheem yet.

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 875024 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Rheem continuous flow 875E24

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

This unit should not be for sale.
Unit takes 10 seconds to warm up, once warm adjusting the cold tap is impossible, just a little too much cold, you have to start the process again. Taps off, warm up hot, adjust cold.. Kids don't like this at all..
First ever bad review, promised I'd never do one, but for $1,275.67 it's time!!!
Salmon Plumbing won't take responsibility for suggesting the unit and Rheem keep selling it.
Tried to book a technician, I own a corgi and work. Tehcnician is unable to enter property with a corgi because you just never know when a corgi can go rogue!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: 24 (871624) Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Not happy!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

This product has not beeb reliable since day one,
We have had the rheem technician come out three time and all three visit he has said that he can't find what is wrong with it. He is either useless or a good actor, because from what i can see here rheem have nothing but promblems with their systems!!!!!
At one time the technician said to my wife tgat he changed the panel? He didn't change anything! Than he said it was the temping gauge valve which cost me $175.00 for a plumber to come and replace, even that plumber told that he doubts that was the issue.
For the last 3 weeks we have to go outside and switch the system off and on every day at least 2 or more times a day. And now the system is just about to be out of warranty if its not already.
Every time we call customer service all we get told is it will be $$$$ for a call out and $$$$ for every half hour after that.
Instead of telling how much it will cost how about you fix the rubbish you supplied me in the first place!!!!!!

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Anthony, We appreciate your feedback and would like to investigate the issue. Could you please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review,... read more »

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: 27 (876627) Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Complete junk

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Temp set to a max 50 deg is USELESS and forget about hot water getting to the kitchen so you can wash up not to mention the amount of wasted cold water waiting for it to heat up. Unfit for use buy something else that works.
PILE OF JUNK enough said.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Cudeco5, We have spoken with our Service team who are happy to assist you, however due to limited availability of personal data on this website, we’re unable to confirm your contact details. F... read more »

Hi i have sent a email with my phone number as advised
David

Still waiting

Melbourne

Customer service emergency call

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2016

We had a new home built and put a continuous hot water system Rheem 27
We had visitors stay over and the hot water was fine but all of a sudden no hot water, had an electrician look at it and said that there was power there, gas and water supply the the unit which had been confirmed that it's still under warranty and the contact staff wanted was to get my card details firstly just I case it's not a warranty issue and told me to go to a family member home 1.5 hours away to shower as they have no technicians over the week end and the earliest Tim was Monday between 8 and 4 pm this is not good enough at all and more interested in protocalls than the customers inconvenience plus as I have read up its a common issue code 11 , donot know how such a large company cannot send a warranty technician on site over the week end rubbish call centre when they said they were going to call back between 10-11am and I had to call back at 1 pm again at no result, a good way to gauge a companies overall performance is how quick and respond to warranty issues
Regards John
It's 530 Sat afternoon and emailing Rheem and pursuing further an off ice stands member from Sydney called me and discussed that she was getting one of their service people to contact myself and possibly rectify my problem so thumbs up to the lady in the office and the awesome gentleman who rectified the issue straight away and it wasn't that hard but the call centre should not work off a script and if unsure they should escalate it to some one who can really put themselves in customers position and not ask for card details, please take note this is an opportunity to put your product first and if it's not product related put it down to great customer service and you will get customers coming back
End result all going great now but it was difficult at the beginning

Model: 27 Internal Commercial (862627)

What happened to the rheem of old?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2016

Had a bank of commercial units installed in a block of units 5 years ago. Within 6 months we had the first failure. Managed to get a service person to come out, but as the units were on a trafficable roof, he refused to get up there. It was fine for their sales rep to go up there and suggest that thats the perfect place for their installation.
We have had 6 fail without being able to get warranty work done and had to replace the units.
I used to recommend Rheem to all my customers but that's a thing of the past.
Don't waste your money, buy a Rinnai that's not factory set at 50 deg.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Franky Fairgo, We would like to learn more about this matter and would much appreciate if you could send us your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this... read more »

Sydney

Model: 874027

Just off warranty and broken down

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

Purchased Rheem 27 brand new. Just over 3 years now broke down at the peak of winter night and no longer covered by warranty. Called Rheem and greeted by a very unenthusiastic reps. Cost just to get someone to inspect is $350 minimum, for an appointment a few days later. I should have spent a bit more for more respectable brands.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Pumbaa, We have passed your message forward, however Rheem were unable to locate your details based on your username. Could you please send us your appropriate contact details through to rheemc... read more »

The repair man came. looked at the code 11 error displayed on the unit and without any testing took out the ignition module right from his pocket and replaced the old one promptly - the heater work... read more »

Model: 27 Internal Commercial (862627)

Commercial Unit with Domestic Components?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2016

We have 3 Rheem Continuous Flow Heaters Model 862627 that have each had the waterbody valve replaced in less than 2 years of service. These units are on a common manifold with a circulation pump supplying a buffer tank for a 30 Apartment complex. As a resident we have been pleased with the performance of these units but we do have some concerns about the reliability going forward. No hot showers when the valves in two separate units fail hence the rating.
The first replacement was under warranty but we are yet to be advised whether the replacement valves for the other two units will be a warranty replacement. The Technical Department at Rheem implied that the usage cycle was more severe than a domestic application, which I agree with, but as the cost of the units was significantly more than a domestic model it would not be unreasonable to expect the quality of components should be matched to the usage. Await further developments to identify the cause and I might upgrade the rating

Model: 875024

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2016

I have two of these continuous hot water systems installed at home.

The first one stopped working at the beginning of winter and the Rheem service was so terrible that I had to get the ombudsman involved to resolve my case as Rheem had some technical issue in their systems and hence were not able to schedule an engineer to replace the product even after following up almost for 2 months.

The second hot water system at home has broken down last week and I don't think it is worth my time to chase up on this. I have had other systems that have lasted over 5 years without an issue. This is a clearly an inferior product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Alex, We would like to learn more about this matter and would much appreciate if you could send us your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review s... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 20 helpful votes

Model: 871026

NEVER EVER EVER WILL I EVER BUY A RHEEM PRODUCT AGAIN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2016

I built my house in 2009 and had one of these units fitted. The first unit failed within 12 months. Rheem replaced under warranty. Technician told me it was the control board, and that it would 100% fail again and rheem would continue to replace it until the warranty ran out. Sure enough, warrenty ran out and it failed again in exactly the same way. It's a slow failure.... you can be having a shower and suddenly it just goes cold... then after about 60 seconds (which feels like about 20 years in ice-cold shower-time) it will get gradually warm again. It does this for no reason... no one else can be home... there can be absolutely no change to water pressure and suddenly it's just ice. These failures become more and more frequent until they are indefinite. I'm now up for my 3rd Hot Water system in 6 years... that's 1 system per 2 years on average. Totally unacceptable garbage products. I'm building a new house and I've specified to the builder I refuse to accept any Rheem products. You should do likewise.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Capitol B, We appreciate the feedback you have provided but are concerned to hear of your experience. If you would still like to speak further about your issue or need assistance, please send a... read more »

1 of 4 pages