PERTH

Model: RheemPlus (354265) Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Pilot flame went off every 2 days ..only 2 year old

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Moved to new house with a rheem 130 litre gas hot water. Pilot light start went off from the very first year. We thought its the wind so put tape around the gap of the cover. It was once in a month before. Eventually after 10 -12 months now its keep going off in every 2 day or so..what a crap product. Didn't expect these quality from rheem..

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Manoj, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelat... read more »

we already sent our details to the mentioned email, but nothing happened.

Plumption

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: May 2015

After 2 years no pilot flame-No warranty and call out charges

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

My builder (Simonds) installed this product and just after 2 years start giving trouble. No pilot flame. No hot water. When i called Rheem they told me product is out of warranty and call out charge for the Tec $140 first hour and $35 after and i have to pay for the parts. Do not buy this product. Please come and get together to report this poor quality product to ACCC.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Dan, We appreciate your feedback and would like to investigate the issue. If you still like us to contact you to assist, please email your contact details through to [email protected] read more »

Thanks for contacting me!. I have emailed the contact details.

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Lots of trouble at first... now it seems stable

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Trying to keep this short.
Despite having seen other reviewers share the same problem, I somehow thought maybe they were isolated instances. Nope.
First purchasing this unit, the pilot light went out on numerous occasions (3 times at least).

Rheem organized a technician to visit, who identified 1kPA input at 'the gas input valve' (or whatever it's called) ws the cause. Suggested remedy was to upgrade the gas regulator to a 2.75kPA. I called gas appliances who then requested for the plumbers license number.
I then contacted Rheem customer service for these details, and waited 2 weeks..

One time frustratingly (and impatiently) relighting the pilot light I must of let the gas flow before the pilot metre was at the 'solid' green, it combusted on me! Burnt my hand, and my skin is still recovering 2 weeks later.
Folks follow the relight instructions.. very carefully.

Having reported that my hand was burnt, I was promptly contacted and put in touch with another Rheem technician who (upon me asking) shared their plumbers license details with me immediately.
I immediately contacted gas appliances, I had the gas regulator upgraded (oh boy another story for another time), and thankfully the pilot hasn't gone out since.

My rating is based off:
1. The turn around time for getting the plumbers license details
2. When purchasing the unit, where does it say it requires a minimum gas pressure intake?!? Why is this problem and it's solution not clearly documented in something like a FAQ?
3. Apart from all the problems, it feels like this unit suits my 4 person home, seems like it replenishes quite quickly. For this I will give it 1 more star, totaling 2 stars.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Jambo,

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers.
Have a great day ahead.

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Don't buy this product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Purchased approximately two years ago to replace 22yr system and have had to relight the pilot light a few times, water has run cold on many occasions. Last night the whole system dumped its water and steam billowed out. We cut the water and gas off at mains. Will post outcome soon.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Helen, We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers. If you require further assistance, please feel free to email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrela... read more »

Sydney

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Pilot light constantly going out

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

My nana purchased this hot weather system a few years ago and the pilot light is constantly going out. The intervals between it are becoming shorter and shorter. The unit is less than 3 years old. I can see that others have had the same problem how did you get it fixed?

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Chris, Our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to [email protected], referencing this review, o... read more »

I just want to say thank you for your great customer service! Your consultant khushboo replied to my email promptly and organised a technician to come out the next day which was today. He replaced ... read more »

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved and will pass your feedback on to the relevant managers. Have a great day ahead.

Perth

• 3 helpful votes

Model: RheemPlus (354265) Date Purchased: Jun 2015

RHEEM HWU 354265 ITS A PIECE OF CRAP.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I build a new house end of 2015 and Builder installed a Rheem HWU 354265. I have done the wrong thing - installed a RHEEM. Im really really upset just after one and half year it does not work, No hot water in house ,Kids cant have shower . Shocking thing is customer service . They received my call and straight away tell me $147 for call out fee and $35 after every 15 minutes. They not interested to listen what actually went wrong. Its not under warranty , 12 month gone now Its my problem. It cost me to install Rheem more then $6000. What a crappy stupid product and the company. I was requesting to pass me to the her supervisor so I can explain my problem, she deny, No supervisor will tell you the same shit.
Im really angry with their customer service and the shit product ( comes with one year warranty). now I will complain to ACCC and other regulatory body against this crapy product.. MY ADVICE IS DON'T BUY ANY RHEEM PRODUCT. Really disappointed .

Australia

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Rheem Stellar 2years only and already exhibiting constant issues with extinguishment.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

New house, new system. Why would a new hot water system can't even last 2-3 years without having a relighting/pilot extinct issue - have to keep relighting every 2-3 days. Quality control for this product is POS which Rheem knowingly selling this junk to numerous customers with no recourse to this well known and prolonged issue.
Bulk sold to builders and handball the issue back to Rheem - expecting the customer to pay for servicing and milking after sales repairs. We refuse to pay and want a merchantable replacement or repair at no cost. Do not buy, if you know of a friend or new home buyer being offered this unit with their hard earned investment tell them to stay away. Far away, the Rheem name no longer stands for quality.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hello Ben, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrela... read more »

Willagee, WA

Verified Purchase Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Jun 2007

Warrenty incredible service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I bought a Stella 850330 or 330ltr Stella 9 years 11 months ago. Warranty due to run out in Jul 17. I Noticed water leak in June 17. Rang Rheem who sent a man out to have a look. Opened front and said yep the tank is leaking you will get new one free of charge. That afternoon rang to say would it be ok if the installer came the next day. No problem. Installation was not included just the replacement of the unit. Cost $450 for new fittings, installation and removal of old heater. I was impressed and over the moon about the the service and Rheem sticking to their warranty agreement as in many cases firms come up with some spin to get out of warranty etc etc.
If I had not of seen the leak or ignored it and the HWS ran out of warranty the new unit would of cost me around 1500 with labour on top of that so I saved 1500 dollars. It is like a breath of fresh air to find a company that sticks to their warranty and I would recommend their firm strongly. Thanks Rheem for restoring my faith and your credibility in standing by your warranty.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved and will pass your feedback on to the relevant managers. Have a great day ahead.

• 4 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Replaced our 20 yr old system 2yrs ago with new Stellar 330 only replaced old unit because had rusted tank. The Stellar works well when working. Ever since installed the Pilot light has gone out approx once every few months which has been a bit annoying but it has since got more frequent now and is occurring every few days. Having read that this is a problem I hope the Rheem rep can help, we have also purchased another one for our rental property about a year ago (not being aware of this problem) so I hope that it does not develop the same issue.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Bedford, We are sorry to hear about your situation and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerre... read more »

Dear Rheem

As requested I have emailed you my details to the email address you have provided.

Regards

Bedford1

This was the response I got: While I concur that I did not raise this as an issue though the warranty period (1 year). This is because I initially thought it was a one off incident, then intermitt... read more »

Model: RheemPlus (354295) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Nothing wrong with a Stella

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2017

Guys, I am a plumber who installs such systems from LPG to Natural Gas. I do not work for Rheem or am I endorsed by Rheem in any way. I have installed over 400 Rheems last financial year and most have been Stella's. Out of the 400, only 1 had a minor fault. Rheem was professional enough to come right out and sort it for me. As long as you have a professional and knowledgeable licensed plumber doing the work, calculating gas flow mj/h, and following all specifications as per install, you will not have any issues, as this product is made to perform and last well over 8 years. Ensure you read the information stickers on the side of the unit about the PRV valves to be replaced and the internal sacrificial anoid.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the relevant managers.

Have a good day!

• 4 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Lemon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2017

HWS was installed with the build of the house,
Pilot Lights been going out every 3 weeks for some time now, I work FIFO on a 2/1 roster and have a tenant who constantly calls me while i'm away complaining about having no hot water, I honestly thought she was being precious until its become a daily thing.
Called Rheem wanted to charge me $147 for 30mins and $27 for every 15mins after as its not covered in the warranty.
Its never worked properly but not being home as often never took much notice, will be contacting consumer affairs under Statutory Warranty as this looks like a common problem with this model, the laugh is had a specialist call me who knew nothing their excuse was he was new to Rheem, Customer service has been a nightmare
waiting for the standard response from Rheem on this comment.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear customer, We are sorry to hear about your situation and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. However, due to limitations from the website, we are unable to search fo... read more »

Details sent via email Though after yesterday's effort with your customer service I'm not expecting much. Again it's clear your 12 month warranty is flawed and this models pilot light issue has b... read more »

Phone call from Rheem, asking about the problem then surprise surprise you have to pay $147 for someone to come have a look,

bayswater

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

my Rheem Stellar 330 model water heater

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2017

It might be too early to write this review. Since it was installed approximately a month ago by the qualified licensed plumber to replace the old one (different brand), I do not have any problem with it. It looks great and works well. I hope it will keep doing well for the years to come. I am enjoying and happy with my hot shower or bath every time.
(Tax invoice 04684)

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Lany,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a great day ahead!

Kind Regards,

Verified Purchase Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

why did Rheem make the front of system plastic.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

Hello I have had the Stellar 850 series 330,360 model, only 1 month, my dog took out a cheap plastic panel on the right, WHY would Rheem make a product that sits in the yard where a dog can get at it, why not make it solid like the rest of the Stellar. What if a child was able to do this & play with the gas. Not much safety concern went into this design. Now i have to buy a replacement part, & go into the expense of fencing it off. I am on a widows pension who cannot afford this, if I had known how easy it would come off, I would have chosen another brand. I will be complaining to other authorities.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Lyn, We appreciate the feedback and would like to investigate the issue. If you could please send your contact details through to [email protected], referencing this review, o... read more »

I sent all my details to you, thank you for replying

Date Purchased: Oct 2011

Pilot light !!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Just moved into a new address and after 3 days pilot light has gone out a few times so no hotwater in morning .Cannot put up with this already ! Miss our rinnai hotwater system never ever let us down for 11 years straight. I definitely would not recommend the Rheem stellar.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Customer, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please provide your contact details through to [email protected], referencing this review, our customer rel... read more »

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Mar 2009

Pilot needs to be relit often

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2017

Since the installation there was always problem with pilot needing to be relit. Always when there was a windy day.I had a technician from NGW fixing it for me (again) on 10/12/2016 at the cost of a call ($165). One month later on 11/01/2017 pilot blew out again. This time I was not charged.It worked until 14/01/2017. It blew out again and I could not relit it.I'll call the wonderful service people from NGW on Monday.When it works is great but the reoccurring problem with pilot has put me off purchasing a new Rheem product.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Marg, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please send your contact details through to [email protected], referencing this review, our customer relations te... read more »

Perth Australia

• 4 answers

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Oct 2010

Bang bang bang

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2016

Good looking system adequate size for a growing family but depending on where you live, precautions need to be put in place when the system is installed to avoid the mineral build up that is causing us grief at the moment. Those precautions being a stronger anode and soft water filter as recommended to prevent the mineral build up (I have no idea if that would work as have not tested over a period of time myself)

I've have the system in my house new from when we built in 2010, it started making a bubbling/popping/banging noise about 5 years in like when you boil a kettle, but hadn't really paid much attention to it as the rheem (25+ years old) at my folks place did the same thing and we just flushed/descaled it and got all the minerals out.

This noise would not normally be an issue, but my 22 month olds bedroom sits right next to it, it makes a loud bang/pop in the dead of night and wakes her up crying. Again this usually wasn't a problem because we hardly used hot water that late at night, BUT now with a new born we're up ever 2-3 hours and have to use hot water so that makes for 2 screaming kids at all hours of the night.

I found the rheem service team over the phone friendly and the service guy very helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros:
Design, I think it looks good
Size, enough for a growing family
Hasn't failed and pilot light hasn't gone out like other reports

Cons:
Design, no drain point awards the bottom of the tank to flush the system
Mineral build up makes a heck of a noise and to get rid of it you'd need to buy a whole new system.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear customer, We appreciate the feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers. If you need any assistance, please send your contact details through to [email protected],... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Like every other review - pilot light faulty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2016

Unit is only 2 years old however the pilot light started to falter just after 14 months. Started to go out every week or so but then progressed to every day or two. Now it doesn't light at all! Rang the Rheem service department to be told it is not covered in the 10 yr warranty and I would have to pay a service fee per hour.

Terrible service and product!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Mike, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please send your contact details through to [email protected], referencing this review, our customer relations wi... read more »

Hi Rheem, now 3 days without hot water and over 24 hours since I emailed your customer service team with no response...... any chance of getting in touch?

Rheem Official

Dear Mike, We have been advised that our customer relations team have contacted you and is currently waiting for further information from you. If you could kindly please respond to the email with ... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Worst

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2016

Was talked into Rheem after having my Dux for 16 years with no problems.Within one month already pilot light had to be relit and this morning woke up to explosion sound with insulation and lid blown all over the place. Terrrifying experience.Customer care by name ...they were drones..unhelpful despite gas and fire and explosion situation

Purchased at: Service Today

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Taline, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please send your contact details through to [email protected], referencing this review, our customer relations ... read more »

Perth

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: RheemPlus (354295) Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Another Pilot Light going out constantly

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

We have had a Rheem Stellar for the past 15 years with no issue so had no problem purchasing another for a new house we have built as an investment. Just as others are complaining, within weeks of the warranty ending the Pilot Light goes out every couple of days. When we rang we were given the standard story about wind but as we live very near by to the new home and our Rheem Stellar isnt going out decided to have a look online.Scores of the same complaint listed. Rheem insisted on a pre authorised credit card before attending, told it was $143.00 but they have pre charged $350.00 before even looking at the unit. I know that the unit should still be covered as I have spoken to Consumer Protection. Rheem should be ashamed of their customer service. There is obviously a problem with the latest models but they still insist of charging customers for what is a known problem with their units.Consumers are entitled to expect things to last a reasonable time and 13 months on a $1500.00 unit is not reasonable The product must be fit for purpose and I will take the matter further if necessary. I wouldnt recomend it until they sort the issue of the Pilot Light out.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Ali, We are sorry to hear about your situation. However, we are unable to look for your details with the username from this website. If you could please send your contact details through to rhe... read more »

Rheem did the right thing by their customer and replaced the faulty part - No Charge!

Sydney

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Bad warranty period

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

We bought and installed a Rheem gas domestic outdoor water heater with ten years warranty in 11/11/2014. The pilot light has started to keep going out since July 2016. Firstly it happened once every month, then frequently once everyday. It is frustrating you have to relight it every day.

We called rheem three days ago, but were told the pilot part is out of the warranty and the ten years warranty is just for tank and we have to pay for fixing it. This is unreasonable. Ten years warranty is just for tank. The key part, pilot part, just last more than one year working properly. The quality is totally not acceptable.

If we could see the product review before, we definitely wouldn't choose Rheem. Every one talk about same problem. We miss our old water heater (not Rheem) which last more than ten years without any problems. And we are really disappointed with Rheem's product quality and services. We sent email but without reply till now.

Don't choose Rheem! I definitely won't recommend Rheem to anyone I know. Poor quality! Warranty is just a joke to customer!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Ally, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please send your contact details through to [email protected], referencing this review, our customer relations wi... read more »

Hi Rheem, send you email several times but just have one reply. You still want to charge me extremely high labour fee, $143 first 30 minutes, then $27.5 per 15 minutes after..... it's unacceptable... read more »

Hi Ally,

We appreciate your feedback and is sorry to hear that the resolution provided did not meet your expectations. We will pass your feedback on to the relevant managers.

1 of 4 pages