Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Absolute rubbish!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

From the second week of installation pilot light constantly&randomly goes out.
Can sometimes go for a week then next week go out 2/3 times a day.no one at rheem seem intrested in complaint!waste of money and last rheem product i will ever invest in.cheap rubbish&bad after sale service.warning do not waste your money on this unit.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Customer, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustome... read more »

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: May 2016

Pilot light goes out frequently

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

The unit was very reliable for first 2 years but in last 6 months we started to have problems with pilot light going out. Initially it was only every couple if weeks but in last few months it is every 2nd or 3rd day and sometimes consecutive days. We have had the plumbers out 3 times. The first part that was replaced didnt fix problem, we are now waiting (4 weeks so far) for another part. Meanwhile trudging out every other day relighting pilot. The unit has manufacture date of November 2015, so still fairlynew!

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Apr 2011

Extremely disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

System just hit 7 yrs old. First spent $150 replacing an overflow valve only to find the system would not relight. So either spend $650 replacing the entire controller mechanism or purchase a new system. Natural gas hot water systems should last for at least 10 years. Their call centre customer service is as bad as the quality of their product.
Never buy another Rheem product.

Comments
Rheem Official

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Feb 2013

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

My heater is only 5 years old and the plumber said that the expansion control valve, pressure relief valve and controller had to be replaced at a total cost of $684 - very disappointed as I was told the unit would last for 10-15 years. The unit was installed by the builder Ross North in 2013.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Mae, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrela... read more »

Perth

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

This water heater is excellent It is the second Rheem Stellar I have purchased , the last one gave me 15 years of hot water without missing a beat .
Even though I never had the unit serviced . The plumber who installed it informed me that if I did have it serviced at the 5 year mark , it would have lasted another 3 to 4 years

Purchased at: Ember Plumbing & Gas

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Harry,

Thank you for your time in providing positive feedback. If you require any assistance in future, please feel free to contact us.

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Aug 2008

Issue with air bubble in hot water after replacing the 2x anodes

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

Just recently had my 10 years old rheem stellar unit services including replacing the 2x sacrificial anodes. Now less than a months later I have noticed there are lots of air bubbles in the hot water coming out of facets which is quite bad first thing in the morning when running hot water and it splashes out all around vanity. I spoke to the plumber and he couldn't figure out what can cause this. I tried to talk to the rheem technical support but they don't want to talk to anyone apart from plumbers. Not happy with how I been treated with rheem call center and try to find an answer for this air bubble in my hot water system.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Daresta, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerre... read more »

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: May 2004

14 yrs without a problem and no maintenance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

Well after 14 years without any trouble our Rheem Stellar has a rusty bum is starting to leak. Looking at replacing it with another gas storage unit and was looking at another Stellar 330. I'm a bit concerned about the poor review rate by other users ?? I'm hoping it was gas pressure related issues as to the large number of pilot lights going out. Waiting to hear back from Rheem before I make any decisions.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your feedback. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly.

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

15 years of faultless performance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

We noticed a leak coming from bottom of our Rheem has 160 litre hws and asked plumber to inspect. Unfortunately the tank had started to leak so we had to replace. We didn’t even bother looking at another system. New 360 installed today. In 15 years I don’t even recall taking inspection cover off! Sorry, if you have one of these and they let you down then I may have been one of the lucky ones but I can only call it as I see it. Brilliant system thank your Rheem.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Angus,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you are satisfied and will pass your comments on to the relevant managers.

Lalor Park

• 2 answers

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Jul 2012

Rheem Stellar still runs fine after five years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

We replaced our old electric water heater with a Rheem Stellar, over five years ago. During this time, the flame never turned itself off and we always had hot water. I am very pleased with how it operated so far. I will have to inspect the two sacrifice anodes (recommended after about five years for "normal" water) to make sure it won't corrode in the future. The only maintenance I am doing is releasing a bit of water from the release valve every few months, as recommended. I usually do it when I mow the lawn and I happen to remember about it.

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Nick,

Thank you for you review. We will pass it on to the relevant managers.

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Rheem is terrible left a cold taste

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Guys i would say look for another brands i was unhapy to pay top dollar for a unit that is diffected when brand new.

I spend around $400 extra changing things around Rheem water that didn't need changing in first place. Only when my plumber sugeste to dig to test presure of water going in to house i relised could be faulty unit.
I called Rheem they were quick to come out plumber had knowlidge knew his job well.
After we chalenged each other when he couldent find any more excuses for me. He said i k ow what is wrong i said i didnt doubt for one second he opened up the top and pulled out two long rods that are alnost burnt within 3 month. I asked how is this posible to happen when you buy most expensive unit. Plumber answered they do this to make them afortable this rods cost $40 each one that i going to put in now they are $100 each i could not believe what im hearing plumber was good unit is working for now. Rheem will not ever come in to my house again i doo have a burnt rods as a reminder that most expensive may not be always the best.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi J.H, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelatio... read more »

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Fix

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Terrible terrible unit don't buy it, it came standard with our build and after a year the pilot went out all the time. All though after having costly parts replaced it just kept happening, so I left the front cover off for a month an it fixed it so to rectify it I cut a small 100x100 square hole in the plastic cover an it's been going great for the last couple of months. So I hope this helps a lot of disgruntled owners of this crap unit haha

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Unzie, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelat... read more »

PERTH

Model: RheemPlus (354265) Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Pilot flame went off every 2 days ..only 2 year old

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Moved to new house with a rheem 130 litre gas hot water. Pilot light start went off from the very first year. We thought its the wind so put tape around the gap of the cover. It was once in a month before. Eventually after 10 -12 months now its keep going off in every 2 day or so..what a crap product. Didn't expect these quality from rheem..

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Manoj, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelat... read more »

we already sent our details to the mentioned email, but nothing happened.

Plumption

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: May 2015

After 2 years no pilot flame-No warranty and call out charges

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

My builder (Simonds) installed this product and just after 2 years start giving trouble. No pilot flame. No hot water. When i called Rheem they told me product is out of warranty and call out charge for the Tec $140 first hour and $35 after and i have to pay for the parts. Do not buy this product. Please come and get together to report this poor quality product to ACCC.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Dan, We appreciate your feedback and would like to investigate the issue. If you still like us to contact you to assist, please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rhee... read more »

Thanks for contacting me!. I have emailed the contact details.

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Lots of trouble at first... now it seems stable

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Trying to keep this short.
Despite having seen other reviewers share the same problem, I somehow thought maybe they were isolated instances. Nope.
First purchasing this unit, the pilot light went out on numerous occasions (3 times at least).

Rheem organized a technician to visit, who identified 1kPA input at 'the gas input valve' (or whatever it's called) ws the cause. Suggested remedy was to upgrade the gas regulator to a 2.75kPA. I called gas appliances who then requested for the plumbers license number.
I then contacted Rheem customer service for these details, and waited 2 weeks..

One time frustratingly (and impatiently) relighting the pilot light I must of let the gas flow before the pilot metre was at the 'solid' green, it combusted on me! Burnt my hand, and my skin is still recovering 2 weeks later.
Folks follow the relight instructions.. very carefully.

Having reported that my hand was burnt, I was promptly contacted and put in touch with another Rheem technician who (upon me asking) shared their plumbers license details with me immediately.
I immediately contacted gas appliances, I had the gas regulator upgraded (oh boy another story for another time), and thankfully the pilot hasn't gone out since.

My rating is based off:
1. The turn around time for getting the plumbers license details
2. When purchasing the unit, where does it say it requires a minimum gas pressure intake?!? Why is this problem and it's solution not clearly documented in something like a FAQ?
3. Apart from all the problems, it feels like this unit suits my 4 person home, seems like it replenishes quite quickly. For this I will give it 1 more star, totaling 2 stars.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Jambo,

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers.
Have a great day ahead.

Model: Stellar (850360) Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Don't buy this product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Purchased approximately two years ago to replace 22yr system and have had to relight the pilot light a few times, water has run cold on many occasions. Last night the whole system dumped its water and steam billowed out. We cut the water and gas off at mains. Will post outcome soon.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Helen, We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers. If you require further assistance, please feel free to email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrela... read more »

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Pilot light constantly going out

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

My nana purchased this hot weather system a few years ago and the pilot light is constantly going out. The intervals between it are becoming shorter and shorter. The unit is less than 3 years old. I can see that others have had the same problem how did you get it fixed?

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Chris, Our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, o... read more »

I just want to say thank you for your great customer service! Your consultant khushboo replied to my email promptly and organised a technician to come out the next day which was today. He replaced ... read more »

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved and will pass your feedback on to the relevant managers. Have a great day ahead.

Perth

• 3 helpful votes

Model: RheemPlus (354265) Date Purchased: Jun 2015

RHEEM HWU 354265 ITS A PIECE OF CRAP.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I build a new house end of 2015 and Builder installed a Rheem HWU 354265. I have done the wrong thing - installed a RHEEM. Im really really upset just after one and half year it does not work, No hot water in house ,Kids cant have shower . Shocking thing is customer service . They received my call and straight away tell me $147 for call out fee and $35 after every 15 minutes. They not interested to listen what actually went wrong. Its not under warranty , 12 month gone now Its my problem. It cost me to install Rheem more then $6000. What a crappy stupid product and the company. I was requesting to pass me to the her supervisor so I can explain my problem, she deny, No supervisor will tell you the same shit.
Im really angry with their customer service and the shit product ( comes with one year warranty). now I will complain to ACCC and other regulatory body against this crapy product.. MY ADVICE IS DON'T BUY ANY RHEEM PRODUCT. Really disappointed .

Australia

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Rheem Stellar 2years only and already exhibiting constant issues with extinguishment.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

New house, new system. Why would a new hot water system can't even last 2-3 years without having a relighting/pilot extinct issue - have to keep relighting every 2-3 days. Quality control for this product is POS which Rheem knowingly selling this junk to numerous customers with no recourse to this well known and prolonged issue.
Bulk sold to builders and handball the issue back to Rheem - expecting the customer to pay for servicing and milking after sales repairs. We refuse to pay and want a merchantable replacement or repair at no cost. Do not buy, if you know of a friend or new home buyer being offered this unit with their hard earned investment tell them to stay away. Far away, the Rheem name no longer stands for quality.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hello Ben, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrela... read more »

Willagee, WA

Verified Purchase Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Jun 2007

Warrenty incredible service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I bought a Stella 850330 or 330ltr Stella 9 years 11 months ago. Warranty due to run out in Jul 17. I Noticed water leak in June 17. Rang Rheem who sent a man out to have a look. Opened front and said yep the tank is leaking you will get new one free of charge. That afternoon rang to say would it be ok if the installer came the next day. No problem. Installation was not included just the replacement of the unit. Cost $450 for new fittings, installation and removal of old heater. I was impressed and over the moon about the the service and Rheem sticking to their warranty agreement as in many cases firms come up with some spin to get out of warranty etc etc.
If I had not of seen the leak or ignored it and the HWS ran out of warranty the new unit would of cost me around 1500 with labour on top of that so I saved 1500 dollars. It is like a breath of fresh air to find a company that sticks to their warranty and I would recommend their firm strongly. Thanks Rheem for restoring my faith and your credibility in standing by your warranty.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your issue has been resolved and will pass your feedback on to the relevant managers. Have a great day ahead.

• 7 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Stellar (850330) Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Replaced our 20 yr old system 2yrs ago with new Stellar 330 only replaced old unit because had rusted tank. The Stellar works well when working. Ever since installed the Pilot light has gone out approx once every few months which has been a bit annoying but it has since got more frequent now and is occurring every few days. Having read that this is a problem I hope the Rheem rep can help, we have also purchased another one for our rental property about a year ago (not being aware of this problem) so I hope that it does not develop the same issue.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Bedford, We are sorry to hear about your situation and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerre... read more »

Dear Rheem

As requested I have emailed you my details to the email address you have provided.

Regards

Bedford1

This was the response I got: While I concur that I did not raise this as an issue though the warranty period (1 year). This is because I initially thought it was a one off incident, then intermitt... read more »

1 of 5 pages