Worst company EVER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I currently rent from these "agents" and they have done nothing but screw me over. Put up my rent while telling me it's the average around my place (it's way overpriced) they refuse to get repairs done and refuse to help me communicate with the owner. They are scam artists and I can't WAIT to get out of this lease and give them what for. AVOID.

Richardson & Wrench at Ryde nominated for the award of Worst Ever Estate Agent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

In our experience the principal and staff of R&W, Ryde have absolutely no interest in being fair to their tenants.

This is proven in our view by the demonstrably deliberately and false information of a vexatious body corporate member (the only permanent resident & sole member of the body corporate) to her relative in the strata office.

This deliberate and demonstrably false information by a vexatious body corporate member to strata resulted in R&W staff Ryde re-iterating that same false hearsay information including serious threats to terminate the lease.

This was done without any checking or validation and without giving any opportunity for rebuttal by the tenant.

Our experience is the principal and staff of Richardson & Wrench Ryde don't respect your rights under privacy legislation nor do they comply with requests made under Privacy Legislation for access to your own information.

When the lease had just over 90 days left they sent a vacation notice saying the owner wants vacant possession for a family member. This was nothing but lies, the unit was advertised less than 2 days after vacant possession

Based on our experience it was proven these people are completely dishonest, and just should not be trusted

Never ever deal with these people if you can in any way avoid it

Adelaide

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Very lazy with amoral and legally questionable practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2018

I was renting a property through R&W in Sydney and was surprised to find that when I was successful that the nearest office wasn't where I had to pick up the key but rather one that was at least 2 hours away by public transport.

Throughout my time renting through this company there was incident after incident.
- Rounding up the water bill even though I was paying via bank deposit; After calling they told me I could pay the amount on the actual bill rather than their summary, but continued to put the rounded up amount on their payment notices.
- When the lock on our door broke, we found that the emergency locksmith number we were given was invalid. We didn't have keys to the other door so we couldn't lock the house (fortunately my partner didn't have work that day). Agent wasn't contactable so we organized repairs ourselves and sent them a copy of the bill. They didn't repay it within the requisite 14 days for emergency repairs, essentially telling me that their internal accounting policies overrode their legal obligations. Eventually they organized to take it out of my rent but rather than me paying less, I still had to pay the whole amount and then they had to transfer me back the difference (Apparently these accountants aren't familiar with contra entry...)
- Took 6 months to fix water leaking into the wall (which I'm sure the owners weren't happy about) because they contracted a plumber local to them rather than local to the property and he was putting it off because he didn't want to drive all the way across town for a single job. I don't blame the plumber for that, the agency are idiots.

But the worst is when we left; They said we didn't clean adequately so they were going to charge us for bond cleaning. Since we did it ourselves, I was happy with that until they tried to charge me for carpet cleaning. For those who don't know why this is such a big deal, it is ILLEGAL. Under Section 19 (2) of the NSW"s Residential Tenancies Act 2010, landlords and the like are prohibited from requiring tenants to pay for steam cleaning of carpets unless animals were kept on the premises (which we didn't).

I realize that a lot of renters looking for homes aren't in a position to be choosy but if dealing with R&W proceed with caution and don't be afraid of getting Fair Trade involved.

"0" rating - Rude and only after the money they get from the owner of property. Never ever lease or

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Even if you're with them for a long time they don't look after you. They never fix nor response if there are issues that you need to be fix or attention but if they have issues from the owner they want you to action it urgently. They never get back to you with information only if they want some payments. Unprofessional never arrive on time and text you last minute that they are running late. Bad communication, rude, worst customer service all they care about fees and commission they get from the owner of the property. I would rate them "0".

Verified Customer

Extremely rude, terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2017

I won't name the agent but never have I experienced such rude behaviour. Does not know the meaning of customer service. All they care about is their fees and commission.

Rude with worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

They have very very bad communication between staff and clients and are rude. They never get back to you with information regardless and have the worst customer service ever. They are very rude... Never met any agents like this in my life..

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Property leased out after first viewing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

The North Sydney team did a great job and managed to lease out the unit within hours of me moving out. Richard, Luke and Vanessa are great to deal with, helpful and professional. Well done

Bankstown R&W Worst Real Estate Agents EVER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I rented my house through these incompetent and deceitful agents and the tenant managed to do $2000+ damage to my property, they do not look after your property as they should even though they get paid for having the responsibility. Shockingly they took the tenants side even though I was the one wronged and paying them to look after my property. Not only did they fail to do their job they further insulted me by siding with the tenant whom they are supposed to manage on my behalf. All the money that I was paying them went to complete waste.

R&W Parramatta are Cheaters

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

It was really unfortunate how they played with the words and cheated on the customer. I checked it at the time of inspection and right before signing the agreement and I was clearly confirmed by R&W staff that the storage cage in included in my tenancy agreement. When I have shifted there, it came to me as a last minute surprise when I got to know that the storage was already occupied by someone and [name removed] (the R&W Property Manager) rudely said that it was a staff’s mistake but I never intend to give the storage cage with parking and I can not give it to you.

In addition to the above issue, I asked a couple of times over the email about the professional cleaning of the property and I was intentionally not given any reply. [name removed] told me over the phone that the property is already professionally cleaned and there are NO MOLDS in the property but when I moved in, I could see that there are a lot of spider webs, rust marks, bad stains and LOT OF MOLDS in the house. Forget about the professional cleaning, the property was not even touched once.

R&W Parramatta did the same thing to us last year as well when my brother got into an agreement with them. It clearly shows that they do it all intentionally to cheat on to the customers.

When I went to speak about these issues in their office [name removed] asked me and my wife to get out of the office. Which is really rude. I am talking to tribunal NSW and Tenancy NSW to seek advice and get justice.

Too hard ? Rude, arrogant surly staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2017

Bankstown office. Staff seemed to be less interested in helping clients. Good luck getting past the receptionist to speak to the agent they are under lock and key. When requests or questions are voiced your met with a poor attitude like your making life hard trying to make them do work....... sorry I thought it was your job. Your paid by your clients to perform a task. Oh and your in a customer service industry. I get better service at McDonald's!

Beware Of Selling Your House At Bankstown Branch!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Agent never answers his phone or is away.
Takes forever to respond to voicemail (can be up to a week at least).
Uses scare tactics to try and lure clients to sell their property with him. Hyper-inflates property prices to lure in client.
Is complete and utterly arrogant towards is client.
Can't accept constructive feedback/criticism when asked the client to explain why they refused to employ him.
Are unclear with text response.
Does not perform duties as paid to do and keeps clients doubting as to whether the task(s) has been fulfilled. Doesn't provide follow-up.
Sends unprofessional and harassing text messages to existing clients in order to belittle and undermine the client.

R & W ryde is crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

Bad service. Kept lying. Worst agent I have used to manage my apartment. So much better once I switched. Did not do maintenance inspections property. Poor updates.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Newtown agency terrible service as a tenant

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

I have used this agency and they consistently avoid doing maintenance in a timely manner they make excuses and take forever never again !!!!

Rootyhill R&W is Crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

Agents responding in an arrogant manner. We won't contact you guys if we don't need anything. We are your customer and you are getting paid because of us.

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Constant Harrassment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

Despite displaying the largest "no junk mail" sign I could find, these jerks continue to fill my letter box with their trash. I have asked them several times to stop, but now it seems they are doing it out of spite. Absolute tossers.

R & W Campbelltown everyone avoid.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

Another reviewer complaining about R & W Campbelltown. Place left in horrible state by current tennants. Agents did NOT clearly indicate the condition of the property often noting items for us to fix but not that the house was becoming un-liveable. Agent happily trash talking tennants that they let stay there, then trash talking our property.
I can say that they were replying to communication, but don't do the job their paid to do. Manage our property.

Avoid Ryde agent at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

The Ryde property I felt was managed horribly. Did not receive my bond back. It feels like theft. Will not be using again. Poor communication and service. Just a huge feeling they are not trustworthy. Apartment was returned in poor condition

Terrible property manager

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2016

Similarly to the other reviews, I would give this real estate agency a 0. The property itself was great and we loved living there, however the property manager was a nightmare. He is rude, doesn't not answer calls or emails and has a poor professional attitude, I am not sure now he is still employeed.

They also changed/increased our weekly rent amount within the first few weeks of living there to include $25 a week worth of electric, rather than let us pay and monitor our own energy use as agreed when we moved in and the only alternative they provided was to move out.

Don't rent with these people!!!!!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Far beyond worst ever Real Estate on earth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2016

These agents have no hearts or thoughts for the people house hunting and are running around to their open house inspections that seemed to be leased out already or agent don't bother to show up.. Some people have to take time off work to make it to these inspections but unfortunately that's the outcome they get.. Very disappointed, disgusted and have been treated like animals as if they are not human themselves..
Put yourself in another person's show and try reflect on it..

elliott hds, Queensland

• 5 helpful votes

very disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2016

They get you to sign a 3 month contract put a good price on house then tell you you are to high to drop price they still get commission if thy sell, you loose money and you are committed to a three month contract,not a good way to operate .Also they lie about what people say and you have to chase them for information

1 of 3 pages