Model: 26 Date Purchased: Oct 2018

this happened to me too!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Finally got a service person to visit and the fan unit is faulty and has to be replaced. Is yours the brand new design with the dark grey contrast sides? Mine is. Service person says a few of these hard a faulty fan unit. Hopefully the replacement with fix it.

Hove

• 4 comments

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Excellent with one oddity....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Quick to fire up, lots of hot water (58-59 C). The only thing that puzzles me is the odd drop in pressure occasionally as it's firing up. Seems if the internal temperature is below some preset it restricts the flow for a moment until the temperature in the heat exchanger has a certain rise. Once warm (as in washing dishes and such) it really doesn't mess around. I'm pleased. Not excited... as it doesn't have as good a warranty as I had hoped, but the price was fair, the installation quick, and I can basically ignore it and know it's going to work.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thank you the review Mitch. Infinity 20 heating to 60 C has a maximum water flow rate of 11.5 litres per minute. When the hot tap is initially opened the heater will allow all of the water to flow... read more »

Sounds like I'm looking for a kitchen controller and a bathroom controller! Thanks!! (Thumbs UP!!!)

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 26 Date Purchased: May 2014

Some days takes forever to warm up and doesn't get as hot as our pre-existing electric hotwater syst

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Seems to always use excess water to warm up and never seems to stay at a constant temperature when on a lower flow rate. Often during a shower water seems to go completely cold and only way to set to a desired temperature again is to turn shower water off and then resetting the water flow of both hot and cold water, very annoying.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thank you for the review ynoT. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with your hot water system. Please contact our free technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for assistance.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Whistling Dixie

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

We bought rinnai infinity 26 ... everytime we use the hot water after turn the tap off, the unit whistler for 30 seconds ... very strange ! Never had this with my previous unit is. Is this normal because I ring the service people and they say it is the installer, got the installer out no problem with installation ( licences plumber ). We called back to rinnai with the plumber next to me and they couldn’t help us in any way ... is it normal or not ... I bought this unit as it was recommended but whistling Dixie is annoying ... the service team were rude and said $185 call out fee... if deemed installed wrong ... um it is not ... so I need help.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thank you for your review Nick. We are sorry to hear of your issues, please forward your details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au so we can assist you further.

• 4 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Hate it. Makes me miss our tank water heater.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Have the B26. Since the 1st day it was installed, we've regretted it. Expected the lag, but it uses so much water before it goes hot. Sometimes there is just no hot water at all. Mostly early mornings we need to cross our fingers, but now its during the day and I can't get it on anywhere in the house. The plumber came out twice - nothing wrong. Because it is intermittent, it is a nightmare.
I seriously miss our old tank hot water system. This was supposed to be "the best there is".

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

UPDATE- I spoke to Rinnai technical support who were quite helpful. I got enough information to go back a third time to the plumber. Seems ok now however will wait and see.

Rinnai Official

Thank you for your update Amanda. We are pleased to hear our Technical support were able to help you with the information required.

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Water is not hot and condensation on the solar panel

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I have reported condensation issue on my solar panel and we had Rinnai technician came to fix this issue and they still can't fix this issue and going on with this issue for more than a month now. Why not get it replaced Rinnai? It is a brand new installed and within two weeks we noticed this condensation issue as well as water is not hot. I won't be happy till this solar panel is replaced since you already sent technician more than twice on the roof. Is this quality gone so bad?

• 1 answer

Model: 32 Date Purchased: Jul 2006

Similar problem to Sarah

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

12 years ago I installed a Rinnai 32, we were putting in a new extension on the second floor and the plumber advised me to put in a 20mm pipe instead of a 15mm (standard pipe for hot water), for better flow. (Sarah said she had a 25mm pipe in one of the other reviews). We found that we had the same problem, it took ages for the hot water to come through, I consulted another plumber and he pointed out that the bigger the pipe, the more water sits in the pipe and goes cold when your not using the tap. We reduced the pipe back down to 15mm and it made a massive difference. Since then I have fallen love my with my Rinnai, it never runs out, its efficient, it hardly takes up any room unlike my last tank and best of all it has never broken down. Sarah's problem is pipe size, try 15mm if possible. regards Tony.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Tony P, your plumber is correct pipe size and the length of pipe the water needs to travel to the outlet makes a big difference to the amount of water that needs to be expelle... read more »

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jun 2010

Fluctuating temp

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

I am starting to get temp fluctuating from hot to luke warm.I have removed the water saving discs in the shower heads. Also not getting hot water through to the vanity.The unit is approximately 8 yrs old and runs on bottled gas. Do these units require servicing at regular intervals.

adelaide

• 3 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 7 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Very pleased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Had new house built about 8 years ago and didn't stop to think about what sort of gas hot water system they would supply .The cheapskate builder supplied a Vulcan storage type ,was a bulky tank stuck on the side of the wall and even though i turned the heat control all the way up could only get lukewarm water from day one.
In the summer time wasn't too bad but in winter time not good at all .Decided to get the Rinnai 26 back in June from The Gas Works at Morphetvale ,the whole process was absolutely painless ,best tradies i have encountered in a long time.I regularly read my gas meter now days as my retailer over charged me big time once.Since i have had the new heater my meter clicks over ONE DIGIT per 3 days against One digit per day before plus very hot water instead of luke warm .

Adelaide

• 2 answers

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2011

Awesome unit. Never had a problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

I’m a Plumber/Gas fitter & Rinnai water heaters are fantastic. I’ve been using an infinity 26 at my home since 2011. Never had a single issue. As for people saying they get hot/cold fluctuations, 90% of the time it’s because you have a flow restrictor in your shower head. Remove the flow restrictor and the water heater will operate correctly

Purchased at: Tradelink

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Crazykleetus, it's true that flow restriction is usually the biggest issue people face with these type of units. Removing the restriction or installing controllers fix most of these problems.

Melbourne

Model: 26 Enviro Date Purchased: Aug 2018

So far, so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

We just had this system installed to replace a gas storage system. It's working great so far: very hot water, on demand. The water stays nice and hot; you can set it higher than the recommended temperature at installation (45C I think?), and I thought I'd need to, but it's been hot enough for me -- even in the room furthest away. We don't have high demand (2 people) or run the unit for long (water-saving mentality!). Can't wait to get my next gas bill to see how much we're saving.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review CH1, there is a limit of 50 degrees for hot water deliver in bathroom areas which is a lot hotter than people realise. We are glad to hear the unit is working well for you.

Model: 24 Date Purchased: Jan 2012

No problem with Rinnai B24

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

This unit is a work horse, no problems , no issues, it was installed properly the first time and for the last 5 years it has just worked and worked; I would say, one really has to make sure the product is right for what you using and then I would advise to get a good tradesman to recommend and install the units. Good tradesman are getting harder to find so good luck with that.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Alex, your advice is very true, getting the right unit for your needs is very important and the right tradesman to make sure the job is done right.

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Not Happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

The unit, just after 12 months, started to fail to ignite. Turned the hot water on and off for half an hour or so before it worked. It has stopped again, several times, when not run for a day or two.. Its now stopped again and I can't get it to work. Can smell the gas turning on but its not igniting.
Cold weather and absents seems to upset it.
It really upsets me.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Paul, as the unit it still within it's warranty period we would recommend booking a service call to diagnose the issue with the unit. This can be booked on 1300 555 545 option 2 for service.

• 1 comment
  • 7 answers

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Dangerous and expensive to run, and the warranty is not honoured

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

We had problems with this unit since we bought it.Especially on colder days the ignition starts several seconds after we turn the hot water tap on, leaving our backyard full of gas and at times it even comes inside our house. When we bought the unit Rinnai forwarded our details to their area agent Jordans Gas Centres to do the installation. They have been out several times to check the unit but could not find the problem. We called Rinnai today who diverted our call back to Jordan's Gas Centres. Despite that the unit being still under warranty and we had problems with it from the beginning, they want our credit card details for payment before they even send someone out to have a look.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review SteC, we would like to investigate this matter further for you, can you email enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in touch.

After contacting Rinnai things went from bad to worse. They contacted Jordans (their agent) who sent out a technician. In the morning of his visit when the temperature was around 5 degrees Celsius ... read more »

Perth

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Frustrating

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

I have an solar hot water system with an Rinnai solar 20 gas booster. I have had issues with it not getting hot enough. I have checked temps in the bathroom and kitchen which are struggling to get to 40deg's. I checked the temp at the closest tape which is in the laundry, it only gets to 45deg's. Is there some way I can increase temperature to 50deg's +??

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Joe.Mc, you should be getting hotter temperatures with your solar hot water. Even if the solar gain isn't hot enough the gas boost should raise the temperature. There is so... read more »

Melton South

Verified Purchase Model: 16 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Just reliable hot water every time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Very happy with our Rinnai Infinity 16. Previously had a Bosch hydropowered which was very temperamental especially in the colder months. But not the infinity. Very reliable and consistent hot water. We did not purchase the temp controller, but did have a temp valve installed so we could have the unit preset at 60 degrees. Highly recomend this product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Lee, we are very pleased to hear your new hot water unit is working so well for you.

• 7 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Luke Warm Water

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Had a temp controlled (50 degree) Infinity 20 installed a few weeks ago. Using a pool thermometer the delivered to shower temp seems to be around 38-40 degrees (just tolerable in winter - saving on gas and water tho as not hot enough to hang around). Contacted plumber who advises unit cannot be adjusted and to ring Rinnai. I ring Rinnai technical support, who, after a 40 minute wait in the queue, could not have appeared to be any less interested and suggested I ring the plumber. On current experience stay away from this unit/supplier.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review LizM. The Infinity unit can be adjusted up to 5 degrees so the temperature at the first bathroom is a true 50 degrees. (there can be temperature loss through pipework from th... read more »

Thank you Rinnae - I will do so however the temperature at the first bathroom, not three meters from the unit, is 38-40 not near 50.

Rinnai Official

It will depend on the pipe run to the bathroom, which may not necessarily be direct from the unit. However if this is the first bathroom on the run, the testing of temperature at this outlet shoul... read more »

• 1 comment

Model: 26 Enviro Date Purchased: Apr 2010

excellent highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I bought an enviro 26 in 2010 and it has run like a clock ever since. Rinnai gave me and extra 10 years warranty on the heat exchanger when i bought a second temperature controller. Rinnai gave me $150 cashback after purchase. I am extremely happy with my Rinnai and would happily buy same again. I am about to buy another enviro 26 for my father - to replace his electric system that is junk and just costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to boil water all day. Many thanks Rinnai - top quality Japanese hot water systems :)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Donaldo, we are pleased to hear the unit is working well for you.

Welkom!! It's a great product

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Feb 2015

All good then no spares

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Had installed in brand new house. All good with hot water until one day not hot water. Checked unit and still igniting and couple of days of cold showers then hot again then cold again. Called local electricain who sought help from Rinnai. They explained a small part was the issue. Order put in for part to be later told that its a small part and dont sell spares and units are throw away and suggested buy new unit. Gobsmacked that a 3.5 yr unit is considered throw away....... unit eas hatd wired to power and no longer using gas or solar. Bill prices going up!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Ian Haw, can you please contact our team through our enquiry@rinnai.com.au email address, mentioning this review so we can investigate further. It would be highly unlikely th... read more »

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Great Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

The product is reliable, can change heat to how hot you want. Perfect for young children put it down to 40-41 for showering and I mostly put it to 55 for normal washing. Easy to use. Only complaint would be it does take a while to run hot in parts of the house that are further from the system. Great improvement on our old electric hot water Possibly would consider the enviro smart next time.

1 of 9 pages

Our plumber said he would install the rinnai 26 on our roof ( for cost effective ) is this ok?

chris kyriazis asked on Dec 09, 2018

Answer this

If there are problems and it needs a service Rinnai service people will not fix. The unit needs to be easily accessible. I would ring Rinnai first and looks at their installation brochure on the website, there’s a page about where it can be installed.

I would strongly suggest downloading the installation manual. The unit should never be exposed to direct weather to my knowledge. Of course, I have no idea what your roof looks like or what region you live in. Trust the installation manual for unit placement.

Our Rinnai Continuous Flow WAter Heater Infinity 26 touch. Will not turn back on when the power has gone off. about 3 years old and probable 8 time had to ring Rinnai to get it back on. Why is it so hard to turn back on Very frustrating to have a shower with no Hot Water. Each time we ring we get another way to fix it Could you please inform us the right way to fix it?

Robyn asked on Dec 05, 2018

Answer this

Thank you for the question Robyn. Once power has been restored to the hot water service (and water controllers turned on, if fitted) the unit should return to normal operations.If this does not happen there may be another issue related to the power outage causing the problem e.g such as wireless controllers losing connection with unit, household electrics. A service call would be required to diagnose 1300 555 545 option 2..

I have a Rinnai Infinity 26, 12 yrs old. Last night I noticed that the heater had come on by itself (the red light on the bathroom controller was on); even though there were no hot water taps turned on. I went outside to the unit to investigate and sure enough the HWS gas furnace was puffing away and I'm pretty sure I could hear water flowing through it. I shut off the water supply to the HWS, and the furnace turned itself off in response to that and calmed down. However, for the next 12 hrs or so, anytime I tried turning the water supply to the HWS back on again, immediately the gas furnace would fire up again and stay on, even though there was no hot water taps on/open anywhere. Then suddenly it all calmed down and hasn't played up for the rest of the day. My question - is there any kind of fault within the Infinity HWS itself that could cause this behaviour, or am I more likely to be having some sort of leak/fault in my hot water piping/appliances downstream of the HWS?

Michael2323 asked on Dec 01, 2018

Answer this

Thank you for the question Michael2323. Please contact our customer service team to arrange for a service call on 1300 555 545 option 2 for further assistance.

See all 258 questions about Rinnai Infinity Range

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

26 16 20 26 Enviro 26 Touch 32 32 Enviro 26 (Internal) 24 * 26 SmartStart *
Price (RRP) 1650 1195 1395 1895 1650 2079 2299 1650 1683 1858

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is heating capacity, efficiency rating, features