Model: 26 Date Purchased: Feb 2015

All good then no spares

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Had installed in brand new house. All good with hot water until one day not hot water. Checked unit and still igniting and couple of days of cold showers then hot again then cold again. Called local electricain who sought help from Rinnai. They explained a small part was the issue. Order put in for part to be later told that its a small part and dont sell spares and units are throw away and suggested buy new unit. Gobsmacked that a 3.5 yr unit is considered throw away....... unit eas hatd wired to power and no longer using gas or solar. Bill prices going up!!

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Great Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

The product is reliable, can change heat to how hot you want. Perfect for young children put it down to 40-41 for showering and I mostly put it to 55 for normal washing. Easy to use. Only complaint would be it does take a while to run hot in parts of the house that are further from the system. Great improvement on our old electric hot water Possibly would consider the enviro smart next time.

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Oct 2016

No hot water at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

We have had the B20 for about 2 years and have nothing but problems with it, having a shower and the hot water cutting out half way through, our plumber could not find a fault so Rinnai came out after insisting we pay a call out fee of $198.00, yes $198.00 CALL OUT FEE, they said it was our shower heads causing the problem but the same thing happens even when trying to fill the kitchen sink just to wash the dishes, piece of crap, ive clicked 1 star because there isn't a no star option

• 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great, has saved us heaps on our gas bill

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I have a child with OCD who spends lots if time in the shower, I was worried about the cost increasing in our gas bills when changing to the Infinity 26 model. As well the reviews I read spoke about water and temperature fluctuations so we were concerned, however in the end we took a gamble and in our case it paid off. Our gas bills have been halved, we can now shower in two bathrooms at same time before we couldn't. We installed temperature controls in both bathrooms so we can all shower at our temperatures although if two people are showering in different bathrooms the main controller sets the temperature, but to us that's ok. We haven't had any issues, the only thing we have to watch is the amount of water flow through our kitchen tap, its a 7.5 lpm per tap so we just turn it to full when using hot water. 6 months in two power bills later the unit is paying for itself.

Adelaide

• 2 comments

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

No hot water at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

After reading other reviews there seems to be a consensus that the B20 has an inherent problem with no hot water at all especially when cold weather sets in. I had the plumber who installed it check it, he said it was ok. I had gas company check gas flow and that was ok. Then today there was no water flow at all again. Not happy wouldn't recommend Rinnai.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Saj, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your hot water service. We would like to look into this further for you if you can send through your details mentioning this review, we will be in touch.

No problems, can you send me a contact email as I dont want to post my details on this site. Regards Saj

Rinnai Official

Hi Saj, our email address is enquiry@rinnai.com.au, please quote 1806-208622 as your reference number

• 1 answer

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Much better than I thought!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

After reading a few reviews, I was a little worried about switching from a gas storage hot water system to the infinity. However, we have been very impressed! We knew that our pipes needed to be upgraded to larger ones, so we actually had the new unit installed prior to the old one dying, so we had time to switch. The pressure is fantastic- so much so that I can barely tell if another shower , or the washing machine/dishwasher, is being used when I'm having mine. We now also have much more wall space outside, as the infinity is contained in a small unit, rather than the huge tank we had previously. Our plumber who installed the unit is actually considering installing one at his house, as part of his renovations. Thanks Rinnai!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the great review Karen, we are so pleased to hear the unit has been such a success. Correct installation makes all the difference and it's great to hear your plumber had done his homework regarding the pipework upgrade.

Whyalla

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Jun 2013

B16 doesn’t work during winter

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

My B16 unit is only 5 years old, it works fine during summer but when the temperature drops and we turn the hot water on the pipes groan and there is no water pressure at all, after the sun comes up and the unit gets a little heat it’s all good again.

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 32 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Too long to get hot water

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

We have a reasonable sized house with 6 bedrooms and installed 2 x Rinnai 32 units at the end of last year on either side of the 1 1/2 storey house. All new 1 inch pipe work was put in as part of our renovation so we could run 2 showers at the same time. It is taking a minute 20 seconds to get water to some of the showers and 40 seconds in the kitchen. The plumber says I need to turn the hot water tap on fully and not the cold and once its boiling then adjust the hot tap to the desired temperature and then also turn on the cold tap. This is not practical with children. The plumber doesn't know what to do.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Sarah, has the plumber installed temperature controllers with the units? This would eliminate the need to turn on the cold water at all as the temperature coming from the uni... read more »

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Fluctuating temperature

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Does anybody have issues with their Rinnai Infinity 26b ? Our unit is about 10 months old, and our water temperature drops from hot to cold. We have to then turn off the cold tap until the water goes hot, then adjust the temperature again. This can happen up to 3 times per shower

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for your question Jason M, the unit requires a good stream of water to stay ignited so if you do not have temperature controllers it is best to turn the hot water on first and then add as li... read more »

After contacting a Rinnai rep, I was informed to check the filter below the unit. There was a small amount of corrosion in this filter which confused the pressure feed, and changed the hot/cold pre... read more »

Brighyon

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Jan 2005

Fluctuating water temperature

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

We have had the Rinnai 16 for a number of years, has been ok but a little temperamental with water fluctuating in the taps.
Taps can only run on hot or cold alone, otherwise as soon as the temperature is balanced the hot water will turn off. Recently our shower has started fluctuating from very hot to cold, I can see the wall control operation light turning on and off.
Do you know what the problem would be?
Ps I did leave this question in the Q&A section however my question disappeared. Thanks

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks Kate, if you have temperature controllers you should choose the temperature you wish the water to come through and only turn on the hot tap, there should be no need to mix in cold water. Th... read more »

Thanks for your reply. The reason we mix in the cold water is the temperature of the hot is too high with just the hot water tap. The operation light on the unit will not light up and the hot water... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Despicable Service and Harassment.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

After purchasing the unit 3 months ago it began fluctuating from hot to cold in most areas of the house and produced nil hot water in others. After contacting the fitting plumber who came out and tested it immediately it was found to be an Error 12 (combustion issue). The plumber immediately contacted Rinnai who sent out a prefers plumber. This tradesmen arrived and could not test the unit as he did not have the tools to do so. At this point I had no further contact with anyone until receiving a call the next day demanding $195 fee for the call out. Since then I have been threatened and harassed on a daily basis by Rinnai Australia demanding the credit card payment for the call out fee. After investigating online and searching review websites I am now even more disgusted to find that this is a common problem with this unit. I am confused as to why I am out of pocket for what is clearly a documented and known warranty issue with the infinity 26 unit. Furthermore the subsequent treatment and harassment I’m am currently receiving from Rinnai on daily basis. I will be evaluating what suitable action can be taken with Consumer affairs in regard to this shocking treatment from what I believed would be a very reputable company. Please be mindful before purchasing any similar products.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for your review Simon L, we are sorry to hear the issues you have faced with the unit. Error code 12 is generally an installation fault with the unit not receiving enough gas to operate but... read more »

I appreciate the offer to investigate after my comments in this public forum, although after the treatment I have received I would rather not converse or do business with Rinnai any further. Extremely disappointing. Thank you

Geelong

• 10 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Disgraceful customer service do not buy rinnai

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Never experienced such poor & unprofessional customer service from RINNAI.
Had an independent plumber review unit & advised fault code displayed. He submitted warranty claim. Rinnai sent tech to fix problem & advised it was a unit problem & demanded call out fee.
Rinnai authorized their technician to attend the job & they are responsible for costs associated with warranty claims.
I have been receiving verbal abuse & threats from rinnai's technicians. Im am disgusted this how rinnai treat their customers after paying $2200 for their product.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review, we are sorry to hear you have not been happy with the service you have received and would like to look into this matter further. If the unit is still within the warranty p... read more »

Hello, thank you for your response. Rinnai has since paid the call out fee as per your warranty terms.

Rinnai Official

Thanks for the update, we are glad to here the issue was resolved.

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 26 Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Luke warm water - no after sales help

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

We had a Rinnai 26 installed as a replacement for a Rinnai 20 (which died after 12 years). Organised with Rinnai who appointed a company called Jordan’s.
The water temperature from the 26 is 36.5C measured from a tap only a metre or so behind the unit. The response from Rinnai after hours number (22/12/2017 - everyone already on holidays! Not our fault nor should it be our problem) is that we pay $300 call out fee to have it looked at and then to maybe have to have the gas flow into the unit increased.
DISGRACEFUL!! This should have been done correctly in the first place. At the time, we pointed out to the person who Rinnai appointed to install it that the temperature was too low and his response was that the unit has a set temperature, supposedly 50C and can’t be adjusted.
We are now stuck with a close to useless “hot” water system until Rinnai and the agent/sub-contractor Jordans return from holidays. Meanwhile we have to boil a kettle in order to wash up.
APPALLING treatment by Rinnai and I would at this stage strongly advocate never to use them!!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review John, we are sorry to hear the unit is not meeting your needs and expectations and would like to investigate further. Can you please email us your contact details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au and we will follow up with Jordans.

I really must now SINCERELY CONGRATULATE Rinnai and Jordan’s for their response to rectifying the problem that we had with the Rinnai 26 producing only luke warm water. Jordan’s technician, Glen, c... read more »

Rinnai Official

Thank you for the update John, we will pass on your comments to Glenn and the team at Jordans. We are pleased that we have been able to resolve the issue for you and thank you again for your patience and understanding.

• 3 helpful votes

Model: 32 Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Terrible unit and service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Have had unit for 6 months and it cuts in and out with producing hot water. Is faulty and when ring people that put it in (Gas appliances sevice) if not warranted fault then is very costly. DO NOT BUY RINNAI units as they are far too expensive ($3,000) for what you get and they are totally unreliable. Go with what you know not infinity unit - warranty useless as up to electrician to say if warranted problem or not. Call out fees totally over the top and a rip off.

Purchased at: Rinnai Australia

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thank you for the review GVT, we would like to investigate the issues you have had with the unit further. Please contact us via enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in contact.

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

What a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

We had issues for months with the hot water cutting out and had a technician come out and they couldn't fault the product. (They charged me a $195 call out fee) They suggested replacing the tapware due to water flow restrictions, so we did, nothing changed. The technician came out again and still could not the problem. After he left, the hot water system magically started working perfectly. They are now refusing to refund me the call out fee (its still under warranty) saying it is not the unit. They are blaming the install but can't tell me why the hot water system started working that day. Warrently is a joke. Rinnai is a joke. AVOID buying rinnai products at all costs, especially the B26 model that is so sensitive I'm not been told I need to re-plumb my house. Furious!!!!!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Ash, we are sorry to hear you have had issues with the unit. We are happy to further investigate the diagnosis with the unit. If you can contact us via enquiry@rinnai.com.au... read more »

Geelong

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Feb 2004

Had since 2003 and going strong but....!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Had this heater since 2003 and has been flawless but just noticed recently(two months) that I have to set temperature 3 degrees higher to get same temperature as usual (set to 45 to get 42 temp now)...not sure if this is due to age of heater or if there is anything I can do?? Ingrid

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Hi Ingrid, due to the age of the heater we would suggest you book a Service Call to see what the problem is. you can contact Rinnai's 1sCare department on 1300 555 545 and select option 2 for Service

• 2 answers

Model: 26 Touch Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Infinite hot water on demand, saves energy, lowers cost

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

I am blown away by how darn efficient these Rinnai Touch natural gas units are.. our old electric storage units had all but died, delivering little, whilst chewing though endless kWh of expensive electricity.. i wondered if instant gas could deliver, but am absolutely thrilled at the outcome.. I turn the hot tap on and enjoyed long showers of steady and hot flow, my wife filled the spa bath with steaming hot water for the first time in years, amazing performance from such a compact water heater.. and we now only pay for the gas used whilst the hot tap is turned on. No more wated electricity reheating a tank full of 400 litres water storage unit, only to find temperature dropping half way through the first shower. I highly recommend these Rinnai Touch 26 units, easy to install, easy to use wireless remote control from anywhere around the house, allowing us to bump up the temperature for the kitchen, or lower it as desired for showers etc.. perfect.. Well Done Rinnai, thank you for a great, efficient, compact product, that works every bit if not better and easier than your promo claims.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Steve, we are happy to hear the changeover to an Infinity has proved such an improvement in the delivery of hot water to your family. We wish you many more hot water years ahead.

• 9 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Can only use one hot water tap at a time!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

I purchased this unit around a year ago, having been told it would be suitable for a family of four with 2 bathrooms. However it can only run one hot tap at any one time. If two hot water taps are turned on at the same time, one instantly cuts out, usually the shower furthest from the unit. This happens frequently, and the water takes some time to run hot again. This is not fun. We now have to co-ordinate our showers as it is not possible to run two showers at once. We cannot even run a kitchen tap and a shower at the same time. This is enormously frustrating and annoying. Definitely not suitable for a family home.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Abbey68, the Infinity 26 should be more than capable of running 2 taps at the same time. It's possible that there is a gas or water flow issue that is causing the problems an... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jun 2013

Service is Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

I have owned a Rinnai Infinity 26 for a few years now and have been extremely happy with it. I think the good water pressure and correct gas pipe diameter makes a difference as we can literally have two showers running concurrently with no issues.

Recently a power surge took our part of my unit where the surge protector fried.

I called a general plumbing company ... a size-able one (will just call them JP) who claimed they knew their stuff but the service turned out to be a dispute as they attempted to charged $190 simply by agreeing there is a problem ..but they had no parts so a second visit would incur another call-out fee ... then the clock starts again ... not to mention the parts will still need to be paid for assuming they got all the right parts during their second visit ... else another vicious cycle.. I effectively argued the case because the plumber spent less than 5 minutes on site and could do nothing.

I called Rinna 1st Carei. Whilst their call out rate was $195 it included 45 minutes labor - the other company charged $75 callout plus $43 every 15 minutes so you can do the math in terms of risk with the latter. The technician that turned up knew his stuff and most importantly he had the parts in his van and was able to resolve my problem on the spot very quickly. Because the call-out included 45 minutes labor he did not just disappear but did some basic checks and serviced the unit (e.g. cleaning the filter) for me as well - that was impressive as he could have just left after solving my problem. The part was ~$100 which I thought was reasonable.

The old adage, you get what you pay for, rings true for my experience. You can take your chances saving a % but you will incur the risk dealing with people who have no idea. Given it is not something we need often, I have learnt to go with the pro even if they charge a little more - at least it will be done properly. Better to save money on recurring items like groceries and leave the technical stuff to experts.

Good job on your service Rinnai.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Jonathan, it's frustrating to hear of service providers not living up to their promises to be experts in our products. We are glad to hear the Rinnai technician was able to rectify the problem for you

Blair ATHOL, Adelaide

• 3 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

This water heater has been very good with no trouble at all the gas usage has been significantly less than the last continuous flow heater that this replaced we also splurged and had the controllers installed one general and one bathroom it is a real luxury to have a shower and not have to mix the hot water, we have a small house and while showering if another hot or cold tap is turned on there is no difference in the shower temperature just a bit less flow

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Joda5084, temperature controllers really do take the hassle out of adjusting the taps and you always know exactly how hot the water will be.

1 of 9 pages