Prices

• 14 helpful votes

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

This water heater has been very good with no trouble at all the gas usage has been significantly less than the last continuous flow heater that this replaced we also splurged and had the controllers installed one general and one bathroom it is a real luxury to have a shower and not have to mix the hot water, we have a small house and while showering if another hot or cold tap is turned on there is no difference in the shower temperature just a bit less flow

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Dec 2016

2600 rennai

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

So i have had a reinnai 2600 infinity upgrade unit installed for about a year now with no problems at all my unit before that was also a rinnai 2600 which lasted me 9 years. My tennant is now complaining that there is not enough hot water coming through all the taps and showers in the house. So i called my plumber who came round he then started to fault find the issue he measured my gas flo which from the gas metre which was a pass. He said an error on the touch pad was coming up with error code 12 which is flame sensing device in the unit. Ca use my unit is under warranty he said to call rennai which i did. They then sent out one of there plumbers and he said it's not enough gas flo. I then got my gas metre upgraded to hi flo. I was still having the same issue. Rennai then sent me a bill for $380 which i refused to pay. They would not change flame device untill i paid them their bill. I called my plumber and he came and changed the part which cost $19. Issue all fixed and working fine. So i upgraded the metre for nothing all for a $19 part. Well done rennai. Now you are going to get a bill for my plumber my tennant wants rent reimbursement and you can pay for my upgrade of the metre. So it's been good for a couple of months now but guess what the problem is back and rennai don't want to do anything about it well think again i am one upset customer and will never use your crap again.

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Not user friendly. Intermittent hot water.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Had the 16 installed (no remote, no visible controls aside from the intake valves) approx a year ago, has been fine until now. All of a sudden I am not getting any hot water at all. It is just a couple of feet away from my kitchen and despite running the hot water tap for a minute or more, I get no hot water.
I was told by the plumber at the time of installation, that if I did have any trouble with the unit, to simply switch off the power supply then turn it back on again.
I tried this and it did not help. It has been 4 days now of no hot wa
ter. Prior to that it had gone out for 3 days, but then randomly worked again for 1 day.
There is no way that I can access inside the unit to check the pilot light as it is fully sealed and there is no panel to see any error codes.
I cannot recall which unit I had previously, but I wish I had the same one because at least then when the hot water did go out, all I had to do was go relight the pilot light and open the hot water tap to boot it up.
I am on a very low income and cannot afford for a plumber to come out, not to mention that it would be very embarrassing and frustrating if he/she arrived to investigate then the hot water was working fine at that moment, then stopped working again after he/she leaves.
It would be great if I could find some information online that is not in pdf form, on how to troubleshoot the problem. All the info I have found so far only refers to units with remote controls/ error codes.

Batemans Bay NSW

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Sep 2014

a real problem

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Our B26 has become very unreliable. We have two separate identical systems in our house, both connected to the same water and gas supply, installed about two and a half years ago. One works perfectly. One started playing up about two months ago and progressed from an intermittent problem to a consistent one over about a one month period. Symptoms are that it will not fire up first thing in the morning and late at night and occasionally in the middle of the day. On turning on the hot tap it will fire up for a couple of seconds, then off then o n for a few seconds, then stay off. I then turn off the tap and then on again. It repeats the same behaviour maybe three times before eventually staying on. Our local gas technician had a look and changed the gas regulator to a top shelf model even though he believed that the other one was ok. It made no difference. He suggested that it was a problem with the Rinnai 26. We then contacted Rinnai and they sent their technician. First trip he couldn't work it out so contacted Rinnai for help.They sent him a gauge to measure the gas pressure (a lovely young man but why a Rinnai tech doesn't have a suitable gauge of his own is a quandry) The tech arrived back and the gauge showed that there was fluctuating pressure at the connection point just before the actual Rinnai heater. He rang a more experienced tech with the gauge readings, whose opinion was that the reading fluctuation was the cause of the problem and not the heater itself. I then got the local gas tech back who blew out the lines (nothing of note came out) and tested the pressure ( he owns his own gauge) at the same connection point as used by the Rinnai tech . His gauge indicated a very slight drop in pressure on activation and then normal pressure, which in his opinion is acceptable. The problem didn't go away- the malfunction is still the same. In summary, this heater had worked perfectly from new for about two years - the line is fine, the gas reg is perfect, there is nothing in the line and the other heater connected to the same supply works perfectly. It all points to a problem with the Rinnai 26

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Dave, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with your unit and would like to investigate further. Can you please contact us through our [email protected] mentioning this review and we will be in touch.

Gold Coast

• 3 answers

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Nov 2008

Good in Theory, Not in Reality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

To start with, my Rennai Infinity 26 REU-V2626WG(50)-AK continuous hot water system was specified by my builder and installed when my house was built. It has been operating without fail for 8 years, so it has been reliable. So why do I have a problem with it?
I live on the Gold Coast, every summer the mains water temperature gets to around 25 degree Celcius. When having a shower in summer the hot water turns on and off as the Rennai Infinity 26 switchs on and off due to the low hot water demand flow rate. Consequently in summer I have cold sho
wers as I've given up trying to have hot showers because the hot water stops and starts. This will also occur with all other hot water outlets in my house, I have either full hot water or cold water. As soon as I adjust the tap mixer to warm the hot water turns off.
My Rennai instant hot water systems is good in theory but in reality it's annoying. I do have continuous hot water but not continuous warm water which is what I actually want most of the time. I'm now thinking of installing a gas heated hot water cylinder connected after the Rennai Infinity 26 so I get reliable warm water at any flow rate.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Howard, do you have temperature controllers for your hot water unit? The issue you are describing as you have mentioned is due to the flow rate and temperature rise the unit ... read more »

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. My unit does not have temperature controllers. I have to run a tap on full hot to get constant hot water. If I adjust the tap to warm the water goes cold. Can I add temperature controllers?

Rinnai Official

Hi Howard. There does have to be a minimum flow rate through the unit, with the controllers it means it is just hot water flowing which can help with this. Controllers can be added both wired or wireless and can be ordered from any Rinnai stockist.

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Not happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2017

Bought a brand new house and moved in 4 weeks ago and the builder installed the 16 unit per the developer. The hot water seems to come through quicker in the shower but the basic vanity tap seems to take ages and wastes a lot of water. This is also the case in my kitchen - not happy as want instant hot water and no wastage of water.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Anita, we are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your Infinity unit. The hot water produced at the unit will have to push through the cold water in the pipe work before ... read more »

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Ok when weather is warm, doesn't work in the cold

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Tim. It is certainly not normal for the unit to act in this way. We would like to investigate this further for you. Could you send your contact details to us via the enquir... read more »

Goonengerry

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2009

Lightning strike

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

It was great till lightning hit my house now its dead as and no one is willing to help me ,,,,just shell out for a new one no way that's going too happen,,,,,and now I have to write an essay too submit this what a joke now is this long enough for you

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the comment John. Have you had the unit inspected by a Rinnai authorised plumber? Depending on the damage, it may be possible to repair the damage. We would recommend calling our 1st C... read more »

Canberra

Model: 20 Date Purchased: May 2017

Written Material about the product

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

I have searched the internet for 2 hours and I can find no reference as to whether or not the Infinity range 16, 20 B26, 26 requires an electrical power point at or near to the position of intended installation of the product. We need to find this information before we purchase the item.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review She, all the units in the Infinity range require a power point in order to operate. Our website has downloads for each of the products, including Operating and Installati... read more »

Thank you. I needed that information. We need to install it where there is no electricity. Your response is really appreciated. She

Model: 32 Enviro Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Very Good Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

Very good model. Good looking and easy to use. Though quality of the main body looks bit think but it is ok once install it. Also installation process is very easy. It consumes less power I guess. makes it very cost effective. I have noticed reasonable benefits of using the product.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Shashi, we are glad to hear you are happy with your unit, from installation to usage.

Merrimu

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

B26. Excellent, and that's all there is to it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

I Purchased a Rinnai B26 instantaneous water heating unit to replace the ridiculously hopeless Dux gas booster that was part of our Dux gas boosted solar system and the system has never worked better. We had the Dux system installed new 7 years ago when the house was built and it's been thoroughly hopeless. The instant the Rinnai unit was fitted just after Christmas the system performance increased dramatically and we have a truly endless supply of piping hot water. Simply superb, but then I've come to expect that from Rinnai. Our last house had a Rinnai Infinity that was ten years old when we sold the house, and I'd happily bet anything you like that it's still going just fine.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review George5793, we are always pleased to hear when our products are just the right fit for our customers.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Mar 2003

The Best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

We installed an infinity 16 in our motorhome so it gets shaken and bashed as well as dust, salt air and very extreme heat and cold.
It's still working like the day we installed it over 13 years ago. The deluxe controllers give is the power to save water as well when living on a water tank.
Not to mention we have many children on board so it's made our travel life so much more comfortable. We wouldn't recommend anything else and if it ever fails we'll be buying another Rinnai.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Holiday Road. It's great to hear your INFINITY 16 has served you so well over the years.

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Would never recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

Had this less than 2 years and hated it from day one. Will only work if tap on full blast. Terrible water wastage as it takes so long to heat - I live in a very small house. Can brush teeth and wash face and only then is it coming hot. Not hot enough to take grease of frypan so have to boil kettle. Been told I'm fussy. Never had these issues before. Don't buy.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Argee, we are sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your new unit. Continous flow models do need a minimum flow rate in order to operate but the unit itself will s... read more »

Sydney

• 5 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

B26 ... can't fault it so far after 2 weeks.( hence 4 stars at this point)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Beardy Bonce, we are glad to hear the unit is working well for you. You are correct before hot water will reach the tap it does need to push out the water that is in the pipe... read more »

Absolutely... anything else would pretty much defy laws of physics:)

Adelade

• 7 answers

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Great system

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Fantastic
Ihave a B16, not an infinity 16- not sure of the difference, but its always hot and the pressure is always there. Not had a problem with mine.
Its actually hotter than the last heater which was a 20 year old Bosch, plumber recommend Rinnai, even though it was a bit more cost than the Bosch

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Kcir62, the unit you have is part of the builders range we offer and we are pleased to hear it is working well for you. We wish you many more years of continued use.

Melbourne

• 5 answers

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Worst hot water system I've ever had in my life.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

I will never buy or recommend a continuous flow hot water system ever again in my life. It took so long to save for it, and now I have to start saving for a new one. One with a tank that I have always been happy with. I trusted the plumber when he raved on about it, and he called me negative when I said what some of the reviews said. Now I realize those reviews were 100% true. It's a heap of crap!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

We are sorry to hear your disappointment in your new hot water system Tereze and would like to investigate further if there is anything we can do to help. We find most issues are easily resolved if... read more »

Perth, WA

• 4 comments

Model: 32 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

First one lasted 14 years, just bought another.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

I bought my first Infinity 32 in 2002, and it has just died due to a water leak. It never had a spanned on it. So impressed was I that I have just bought another Infinity 32 which also works with my original controllers. Very happy to recommend this unit.

Purchased at: Appliances Direct Online

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the great review Derick. It's always great to hear from long time customers and we appreciate your loyalty to the brand.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: 26 Touch Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Endless shower, kids friendly and easy to use but expect additional cost

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

We had our plumber ordered and installed a Touch 26 three months ago and overall we are very happy.

The best thing is that you never worry about running out of hot water again. This makes showering or bathing a more relaxed experence.

If you preset your temperature and then use only hot water, the water temperature is very stable with no fluctuation. This is really great, esp. when you need to help a child to set the right shower temperature.

Touch 26 has one remote control. I bought another remote control online and set it up myself
quite easily. I found the remote controls very well designed and very easy to operate. Having 2 remote controls extends your warranty. They are not cheap so shop around.

We did have to replace the gas pipe from the gas metre to the Rinnai system with a bigger diameter pipe and it costs some additional. If you want to install wired controllers in an existing home, it again could cost more.

Some points of possible interests:

- Remote control works extremely well with our double brick, double storey house;
- Preset temperature is fantastic with no fluctuation, but there are some pressure and temperature issues here: 1, when you use hot water only, water pressure becomes lower and you do not have a shower as good as you could. If you set remote to higher temperature and then add cold water, your shower has more pressure. 2, Even if you don't mind the water pressure, you still could have a temperature issue. e.g. you may like to start a shower at 39-40 degrees but end it at around 42-43 degrees. With bath, after you are in the bath for sometime, water temperature could dropand and you would tend to add water with much higher temperature than the original water temperature to balance up. I conclude that for easiest and safest, just set fixed temperature; for best pressure and water flow, set highest temperature possible and add cold water; and if you prefer long shower or bath, set the temperature 2-4 degrees above the initial temperature and edge up later on.
- I did not find the hot water takes longer to come than our old gas tank.
- unlike gas tank, Infinity uses electricity to ignite as long as hot tap is on. I don't know how much energy it will use, but I think it worthwhile to change our habit a bit: Just use cold water if you just need water very briefly. That way the heater does not ignite.
- we have 4 people with two bathroom and we find Touch 26 with adequate capacity. However the pressures and water flow become lower when multiple uses are on esp. when only hot water tap is on.

Overall a good experience. It's not cheap, but if it is anything nearly as durable as my old Rinnai gas room heater, I would be more than happy.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the detailed review Garry. You should find the INFINITY will only use a small amount of electricity to run, around 2 watts while in standby (with 1 controller) and 59 watts while in use... read more »

Thanks for your feedback. Are 2 or 59 watts the usage in a year or a month? Thanks,

Sydney

• 1 answer

Model: 26 Touch Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Great system, way ahead of everything else

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review JT67, it's always great to hear when a customer is happy with our products. The addition of controllers does make the running of the unit so easy to get just the right temper... read more »

PERTH

• 2 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 22 helpful votes

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Lovely endless hot water

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

We recently ugraded from a 20 year old gas tank to the infinity 20, we also upgraded our copper pipework to have this as it needs to be made larger for instant if you previously had storage. It was the best decision ever. It does take 30 seconds to come through at the other end of the house but we can run multiple taps/showers at once and both have hot water without affecting the water pressure. Its so nice to have endless lovely hot water.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Taryn, it's great to hear you getting the right advice when upgrading from a storage tank and gas supply.

We wish you many more years of endless hot water.

1 of 8 pages