Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jun 2010

Fluctuating temp

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

I am starting to get temp fluctuating from hot to luke warm.I have removed the water saving discs in the shower heads. Also not getting hot water through to the vanity.The unit is approximately 8 yrs old and runs on bottled gas. Do these units require servicing at regular intervals.

adelaide

• 3 questions
  • 5 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Very pleased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Had new house built about 8 years ago and didn't stop to think about what sort of gas hot water system they would supply .The cheapskate builder supplied a Vulcan storage type ,was a bulky tank stuck on the side of the wall and even though i turned the heat control all the way up could only get lukewarm water from day one.
In the summer time wasn't too bad but in winter time not good at all .Decided to get the Rinnai 26 back in June from The Gas Works at Morphetvale ,the whole process was absolutely painless ,best tradies i have encountered in a long time.I regularly read my gas meter now days as my retailer over charged me big time once.Since i have had the new heater my meter clicks over ONE DIGIT per 3 days against One digit per day before plus very hot water instead of luke warm .

Adelaide

• 1 answer

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2011

Awesome unit. Never had a problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

I’m a Plumber/Gas fitter & Rinnai water heaters are fantastic. I’ve been using an infinity 26 at my home since 2011. Never had a single issue. As for people saying they get hot/cold fluctuations, 90% of the time it’s because you have a flow restrictor in your shower head. Remove the flow restrictor and the water heater will operate correctly

Purchased at: Tradelink

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Crazykleetus, it's true that flow restriction is usually the biggest issue people face with these type of units. Removing the restriction or installing controllers fix most of these problems.

Melbourne

• 1 question

Model: 26 Enviro Date Purchased: Aug 2018

So far, so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

We just had this system installed to replace a gas storage system. It's working great so far: very hot water, on demand. The water stays nice and hot; you can set it higher than the recommended temperature at installation (45C I think?), and I thought I'd need to, but it's been hot enough for me -- even in the room furthest away. We don't have high demand (2 people) or run the unit for long (water-saving mentality!). Can't wait to get my next gas bill to see how much we're saving.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review CH1, there is a limit of 50 degrees for hot water deliver in bathroom areas which is a lot hotter than people realise. We are glad to hear the unit is working well for you.

Model: 24 Date Purchased: Jan 2012

No problem with Rinnai B24

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

This unit is a work horse, no problems , no issues, it was installed properly the first time and for the last 5 years it has just worked and worked; I would say, one really has to make sure the product is right for what you using and then I would advise to get a good tradesman to recommend and install the units. Good tradesman are getting harder to find so good luck with that.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Alex, your advice is very true, getting the right unit for your needs is very important and the right tradesman to make sure the job is done right.

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Not Happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

The unit, just after 12 months, started to fail to ignite. Turned the hot water on and off for half an hour or so before it worked. It has stopped again, several times, when not run for a day or two.. Its now stopped again and I can't get it to work. Can smell the gas turning on but its not igniting.
Cold weather and absents seems to upset it.
It really upsets me.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Paul, as the unit it still within it's warranty period we would recommend booking a service call to diagnose the issue with the unit. This can be booked on 1300 555 545 option 2 for service.

• 7 answers

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Dangerous and expensive to run, and the warranty is not honoured

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

We had problems with this unit since we bought it.Especially on colder days the ignition starts several seconds after we turn the hot water tap on, leaving our backyard full of gas and at times it even comes inside our house. When we bought the unit Rinnai forwarded our details to their area agent Jordans Gas Centres to do the installation. They have been out several times to check the unit but could not find the problem. We called Rinnai today who diverted our call back to Jordan's Gas Centres. Despite that the unit being still under warranty and we had problems with it from the beginning, they want our credit card details for payment before they even send someone out to have a look.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review SteC, we would like to investigate this matter further for you, can you email enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in touch.

Perth

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Frustrating

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

I have an solar hot water system with an Rinnai solar 20 gas booster. I have had issues with it not getting hot enough. I have checked temps in the bathroom and kitchen which are struggling to get to 40deg's. I checked the temp at the closest tape which is in the laundry, it only gets to 45deg's. Is there some way I can increase temperature to 50deg's +??

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Joe.Mc, you should be getting hotter temperatures with your solar hot water. Even if the solar gain isn't hot enough the gas boost should raise the temperature. There is so... read more »

Melton South

Verified Purchase Model: 16 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Just reliable hot water every time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Very happy with our Rinnai Infinity 16. Previously had a Bosch hydropowered which was very temperamental especially in the colder months. But not the infinity. Very reliable and consistent hot water. We did not purchase the temp controller, but did have a temp valve installed so we could have the unit preset at 60 degrees. Highly recomend this product.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Lee, we are very pleased to hear your new hot water unit is working so well for you.

• 7 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Luke Warm Water

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Had a temp controlled (50 degree) Infinity 20 installed a few weeks ago. Using a pool thermometer the delivered to shower temp seems to be around 38-40 degrees (just tolerable in winter - saving on gas and water tho as not hot enough to hang around). Contacted plumber who advises unit cannot be adjusted and to ring Rinnai. I ring Rinnai technical support, who, after a 40 minute wait in the queue, could not have appeared to be any less interested and suggested I ring the plumber. On current experience stay away from this unit/supplier.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review LizM. The Infinity unit can be adjusted up to 5 degrees so the temperature at the first bathroom is a true 50 degrees. (there can be temperature loss through pipework from th... read more »

Thank you Rinnae - I will do so however the temperature at the first bathroom, not three meters from the unit, is 38-40 not near 50.

Rinnai Official

It will depend on the pipe run to the bathroom, which may not necessarily be direct from the unit. However if this is the first bathroom on the run, the testing of temperature at this outlet shoul... read more »

• 4 answers

Model: 26 Enviro Date Purchased: Apr 2010

excellent highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I bought an enviro 26 in 2010 and it has run like a clock ever since. Rinnai gave me and extra 10 years warranty on the heat exchanger when i bought a second temperature controller. Rinnai gave me $150 cashback after purchase. I am extremely happy with my Rinnai and would happily buy same again. I am about to buy another enviro 26 for my father - to replace his electric system that is junk and just costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to boil water all day. Many thanks Rinnai - top quality Japanese hot water systems :)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Donaldo, we are pleased to hear the unit is working well for you.

Welkom!! It's a great product

• 1 question

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Feb 2015

All good then no spares

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Had installed in brand new house. All good with hot water until one day not hot water. Checked unit and still igniting and couple of days of cold showers then hot again then cold again. Called local electricain who sought help from Rinnai. They explained a small part was the issue. Order put in for part to be later told that its a small part and dont sell spares and units are throw away and suggested buy new unit. Gobsmacked that a 3.5 yr unit is considered throw away....... unit eas hatd wired to power and no longer using gas or solar. Bill prices going up!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Ian Haw, can you please contact our team through our enquiry@rinnai.com.au email address, mentioning this review so we can investigate further. It would be highly unlikely th... read more »

• 4 answers

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Great Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

The product is reliable, can change heat to how hot you want. Perfect for young children put it down to 40-41 for showering and I mostly put it to 55 for normal washing. Easy to use. Only complaint would be it does take a while to run hot in parts of the house that are further from the system. Great improvement on our old electric hot water Possibly would consider the enviro smart next time.

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Oct 2016

No hot water at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

We have had the B20 for about 2 years and have nothing but problems with it, having a shower and the hot water cutting out half way through, our plumber could not find a fault so Rinnai came out after insisting we pay a call out fee of $198.00, yes $198.00 CALL OUT FEE, they said it was our shower heads causing the problem but the same thing happens even when trying to fill the kitchen sink just to wash the dishes, piece of crap, ive clicked 1 star because there isn't a no star option

• 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great, has saved us heaps on our gas bill

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I have a child with OCD who spends lots if time in the shower, I was worried about the cost increasing in our gas bills when changing to the Infinity 26 model. As well the reviews I read spoke about water and temperature fluctuations so we were concerned, however in the end we took a gamble and in our case it paid off. Our gas bills have been halved, we can now shower in two bathrooms at same time before we couldn't. We installed temperature controls in both bathrooms so we can all shower at our temperatures although if two people are showering in different bathrooms the main controller sets the temperature, but to us that's ok. We haven't had any issues, the only thing we have to watch is the amount of water flow through our kitchen tap, its a 7.5 lpm per tap so we just turn it to full when using hot water. 6 months in two power bills later the unit is paying for itself.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 2 comments

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

No hot water at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

After reading other reviews there seems to be a consensus that the B20 has an inherent problem with no hot water at all especially when cold weather sets in. I had the plumber who installed it check it, he said it was ok. I had gas company check gas flow and that was ok. Then today there was no water flow at all again. Not happy wouldn't recommend Rinnai.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Saj, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your hot water service. We would like to look into this further for you if you can send through your details mentioning this review, we will be in touch.

No problems, can you send me a contact email as I dont want to post my details on this site. Regards Saj

Rinnai Official

Hi Saj, our email address is enquiry@rinnai.com.au, please quote 1806-208622 as your reference number

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Much better than I thought!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

After reading a few reviews, I was a little worried about switching from a gas storage hot water system to the infinity. However, we have been very impressed! We knew that our pipes needed to be upgraded to larger ones, so we actually had the new unit installed prior to the old one dying, so we had time to switch. The pressure is fantastic- so much so that I can barely tell if another shower , or the washing machine/dishwasher, is being used when I'm having mine. We now also have much more wall space outside, as the infinity is contained in a small unit, rather than the huge tank we had previously. Our plumber who installed the unit is actually considering installing one at his house, as part of his renovations. Thanks Rinnai!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the great review Karen, we are so pleased to hear the unit has been such a success. Correct installation makes all the difference and it's great to hear your plumber had done his homework regarding the pipework upgrade.

Whyalla

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Jun 2013

B16 doesn’t work during winter

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

My B16 unit is only 5 years old, it works fine during summer but when the temperature drops and we turn the hot water on the pipes groan and there is no water pressure at all, after the sun comes up and the unit gets a little heat it’s all good again.

Model: 32 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Too long to get hot water

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

We have a reasonable sized house with 6 bedrooms and installed 2 x Rinnai 32 units at the end of last year on either side of the 1 1/2 storey house. All new 1 inch pipe work was put in as part of our renovation so we could run 2 showers at the same time. It is taking a minute 20 seconds to get water to some of the showers and 40 seconds in the kitchen. The plumber says I need to turn the hot water tap on fully and not the cold and once its boiling then adjust the hot tap to the desired temperature and then also turn on the cold tap. This is not practical with children. The plumber doesn't know what to do.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Sarah, has the plumber installed temperature controllers with the units? This would eliminate the need to turn on the cold water at all as the temperature coming from the uni... read more »

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Fluctuating temperature

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Does anybody have issues with their Rinnai Infinity 26b ? Our unit is about 10 months old, and our water temperature drops from hot to cold. We have to then turn off the cold tap until the water goes hot, then adjust the temperature again. This can happen up to 3 times per shower

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for your question Jason M, the unit requires a good stream of water to stay ignited so if you do not have temperature controllers it is best to turn the hot water on first and then add as li... read more »

After contacting a Rinnai rep, I was informed to check the filter below the unit. There was a small amount of corrosion in this filter which confused the pressure feed, and changed the hot/cold pre... read more »

1 of 9 pages

We have a 3 year old Rinnai Infinity 26. Every now and then in the morning, no hot water will come out of any of our taps. There is still cold water, but no hot. My husband goes out and turns the unit on and off a few times and turns taps on and off and eventually it works again. We had a Rinnai technician come out, and he replaced one of the electronic components, but it hasn't fixed this intermittent problem. I'm really not sure what to do about it, it's pretty annoying and inconvenient. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Lynndy asked on Sep 25, 2018

Answer this

G’day. Sounds like the water flow switch is sticking and needs replaced

Is there an accessory that enables pilot to light during power outage?

Garry asked on Sep 24, 2018

Answer this

Never knew such a thing existed,but good question never thought of a blackout .Would like to know myself

I have just had a Rinnai B26 installed and it's also making the same high pitched noise as mentioned previously by another person (see 11 Aug). The noise starts up immediately after you turn off the hot water tap. (it's not there while the hot water is running). I called Rinnai customer service and was advised that it's normal for the noise to appear after using the hot water tap as it's the internal fan cooling the system. When I was contemplating the purchase of an instantaneous hot water system, I was worried about noise in the bedroom as it's location will be on it's external wall but I was advised by the plumber that I wouldn't hear a thing. I expected a water noise when it's in operation like you hear from any tap, which is acceptable. The issue we have is at night, the person in the bedroom trying to sleep receives a high pitched blast each time someone in the house uses the hot water tap. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Min asked on Sep 24, 2018

Answer this

Certainly have not heard such a noise as you described ,just a thought ,wonder if the water pipes are large enough in diameter to handle the pressure?(only a stab in the dark)

See all 239 questions about Rinnai Infinity Range

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

26 16 20 26 Enviro 26 Touch 32 32 Enviro 26 (Internal) 24 * 26 SmartStart *
Price (RRP) $1650 $1195 $1395 $1895 $1650 $2079 $2299 $1650 $1683 $1858

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is heating capacity, efficiency rating, features

Prices