A Con Job

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

They will take your money with fake profiles ie send you a wink and you have to pay to respond.
Save your money and time.

Too many fake people!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Too many fake people, the premium members are just as bad as the basic members! Men sent you a wink and when you respond, they hardly reply or respond to messages. They suddenly dissapear or just play mind games! Everyone on there are so fake, lie about their age, profession and the profile photos are so old, 40-55yr with profile photos and gallery photos which most of the pics are so old and taken 20 plus years ago! who do you think you kidding, put recent photos up and its very frustrating for genuine people! I wouldn't go there again or recommend this site to anyone. I rather go out and meet someone the old fashion way!

albury

Private message

Not the most trusted dating site

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

RSVP claim they dont have fake profiles on there site, but i say they do. I am 55 year old male and i joined rsvp but only to receive fake winks from women half my age, and that's a ploy to get men to buy stamps, When i complained to rsvp they always had some excuse, when in fact i proved rsvp are scammers beyond all doubt, but they refused to refund my money, i used one so called stamp on a fake profile they have.

Melbourne

Private message

Time waster and hardly to be trusted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

RSVP has been around for awhile and claims to be 'most trusted' so I got sucked in thinking there would be a higher number of genuine people. DON"T TRUST IT. The system itself is pretty old, clumsy and inconsistent. I PAID for Premium services that, for example, let you 'lock' certain criteria but the system still sent supposed matches outside those parameters (and they recycle their matches which they denied when I pointed one out). The search fields are limited, you can't narrow the geographic distance very well but the worst is just a LOT of the men are just playing games. I only actually met a few guys - not for me - but at least they were willing to meet face to face. Most just seemed to want to chat and would avoid when it got to the point of trying to actually speak. I had tried it 2 years ago just briefly and found MANY of the same guys still there. If they were serious about finding someone or any good they'd have been gone. A lot of them just sit and wait for you to pay the stamp - fundamental problem with the system. I had to write RSVP to stop my credit card being charged again as the system doesn't let you let you stop your payment. NOT recommended. They could improve if they made EVERYONE pay even a bit - might get rid of some of the idiots - and stop people window shopping.

Wantirna

Private message

Too many scammers - stamps expire so you waste your money.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

Lots of scammers on this site. I contacted RSVP and asked for a refund for purchase of stamps I used to contact someone who turned out to be a scammer among for money and was refused. The standard reply is that there is nothing wrong with the product I purchased. I disagree when I purchased something to contact someone who's identity was not verified. Therefore, their product is at fault and not fit for the purpose intended. Also stamps shouldn't have an expiry date ... what a wraught!

Maroochydore

Private message

rsvp (FairfaxMedia) is a bunch of lying, two-faced discriminating facists

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

My profile was "suspended" without notice after one month and several "stamp" purchases. No reason given. An exchange of emails as to the reason why - nothing! They (rsvp) even had the audacity to ask for a copy of my driver's licence and passport "to prove who I said I was".
I replied "you're joking of course, as if I would send such legal documents to them" (rsvp), and in any case, they had accepted my Visa card in payment, so as a "merchant", they would have access to the information required.
Turns out that after several complaints to the relevant authorities, the reason given was that "I wouldn't put up a photo for a particular respondent to my profile" so she complained.
That was it.
I continued my pursuit telling the authorities that "there were plenty of profiles on rsvp without photos, and I'm sure their profiles weren't subject to suspension.
The saga continues, but for the record, I wouldn't use rsvp to find a stray dog!
P.S. I HAD TO CLICK ONE STAR TO GET MY REVIEW CONSIDERED.

Private message

Use at your peril. They use your photos years after your membership to scam for new memberships

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

We are aware of old messages and photo approvals being sent out. Their is a long wait on support.

old accounts enabled to drive up interest a week before they have membership sales and to scam people thinking they have matches

Absolute fraud.

Banksia Beach

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

A complete waste of time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

This site is a complete waste of time and money. Most of the men on here have been there for EVER!! Some over 12 months. Most of them seem to have either big tickets on themselves or use this site as a bit of an ego trip to reply that they are not interested to anyone who sends them a kiss, if you even get a response at all.
I really do not understand where they are coming from, none of them seem to match their profiles, I think they must all think they are still in their 20' or 30's. Don't waste your money to use use this site and if you are vulnerable and sensitive, it can make you quite depressed and you could lose your self worth. It is not worth it. You are still a valuable human being, don't let this site devalue you in any way. It is just not worth what you pay or the time you invest in it. I think it is more valuable to meet potential partners the old fashioned way, social gatherings, learning institutions, church or friends, In my opinion this is just a complete waste of time and money.

lenah valley

• 5 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Unauthorised payments did not approve direct debit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

I paid once via my credit card for a broke single girlfriend( i am married do not require this business whatsoever) to use this site for a month.At no time did i authorise ongoning payments to be taken from my credit card EVER!!
I have now discovered after checking my online banking statements this mob have taken 3 unauthorised payments for past three months from my credit card. I am not even a registered member and have no profile! Seems as soon as you provide credit card details you are considered a member?? Wouldnt you need to apply and set up a payment system if you wanted to use their services? I have lodged a transaction dispute with my bank and even if i was to cancel that card, apparently that wont ensure that a company will not automatically transfer direct debit to new card?
So beware of this site and its payment set up. Trying to contact them is harder than you expect. The 1800 number provided does not connect. I am awaiting a reply from my email to them, contemplating going to the ombudsman to inform them of unauthorised activity.
Watch this space for updates.
UNACCEPTABLE misuse of credit card.

Comments

I had a very satisfying correspondence and outcome from Clay on Monday who unlike the person i was unfortunate to deal with over a dozen times on Sunday( rude!!) Clay was very helpful and professi... read more »

Gold Coast

Works for me

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I joined RSVP without paying and worked on polishing my profile & posted my recent photos then it’s like fishing you have to be patient and you will catch variety of fish and slowly fine tune & Select right ones. So far I have many dates over coffee and have not paid a cent for any stamp or membership fees. I have been on it for almost six months but you can take a break anytime to stop the flow and get back to it anytime. I took a break for two months now back again.
So far I am happy with it. I have tried Elite Singles & eharmony they do not work without a lot of money.
My advise: Be patient and fine tune your profile & post your recent photos. Be honest & truthful. Let otherside to contact you and then you screen them. You may receive fake IDs (kisses) but does not cost you anything even if you are interested. It’s numbers game. The more options you have the better one you choose. After a few messages then suggest for mobile number and take your communication outside the platform. And start texting, talking and eventually meeting.
It works for me every time.

Perth

Fake

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Beaware mostly FAKE with FAKE profiles to suck you & your money$$$$. Fake profiles throughout this bad\sad\fake - used to suck up your $$$$.

Perth

Verified Customer

Possible fake member fraud, forfeit of stamps consumer fraud???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Yes many fake profiles, talk to you to keep you on site and buying stamps, soon as you start connecting they are, "removed from site"
I have just brought 25 stamps but have been banned from the site even though last week they resolved an issue and never told me any of the female members had complained.

Had to nice contacts there but now cant communicate with them?
They have withdrawn a service that has been prepaid?
This is against consumer law in Australia?

• 2 answers

RSVP NOT FIT TO BE RATED 1 STAR. TOTAL DISASTER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

I have been removed from this site inspite of having 25 stamps credit. One bit of advise Make sure you do not opt to Subscribe for more than a month. and buy only 3 stamps MAX as this site is a DISASTER. Not fit to be rated 1 star. The parent company i think is in trouble. I rather have the Chinese take over.

Outdated these days

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

... I like the format better ... But seriously, paying a lot for the chance to chat with someone who might not be interested. And considering a lot of more modern dating apps/sites have free messaging now this seems very old and useless.

What's the point in paying 30+ bucks for 3 stamps with an expiry date when one can join POV for free and drop a quick message to anyone?

UPDATE: you'd think things can only get better. But alas I think not. I'm not a pretty person. But I do have some odd charm that makes some men turn their heads. But I feel like I'm in a ghost town when it comes to rsvp.
Ontop of that the few men I have managed to engage with have pretty much been pretty vile and nothing more than Tinderboys ... what's the point in having a you have to pay to talk system when all the men treat it like a hookup site? ... amd I'm pretty sure at least one was still married ...
ontop of that a lot of men complain that women won't buy tokens. I did and how was a related? With F boys who weren't interested in a relationship ... so I stopped buying tokens and waited for winks to come my way. Because you know. First winker is the payer logic. But something strange happened then. I'd reply to few prospects only to have them not start a conversation ... so conclusion is. Nobody wants to spend money to talk ... how is this company even still running?

And just to give you a reference point to the difference. I joined POF 2 days ago and I've had at least a dozen guys drop a real message. Ok most of them are probably Tinderboys too but at least I'm having an actual conversation. Not this kiss/wink than silence crap.

BRISBANE

ripp off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

dont bother joining way to expensive for the stamps and if you suspend your payments for a little while and put your a/c on hold they will send you messages that someone has sent you a kiss so you respond to that but no further communication from that so called person they are just trying to get you to buy more stamps. i think its a pretty disgusting practice when they are playing with peoples emotions.

Private message

Women won't pay $5 to start a conversation..

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Why with the power women have today and high paying jobs you can't fork out $5 for a stamp when you are the ones approaching me, I have no trouble paying if I am the one approaching you. You have screamed for equality but when it comes to money you want to play the old card...

Gosford

• 5 comments
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Was good 15 years ago, not so now - no new members in a loooong time.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Over the last 5 years, women on the NSW Central Coast on the site have not changed, nor has the number. These are , dare I say it, old stock. Site did have a good turnover years ago, but not now. Why would someone remain on the SAME site for 5 years ? ...and I know these people aren't fake as I've done done coffee a few times with a few of them.
RSVP pre 2005 was good, now it's crap, as well as expensive.

Would not recommend.

On the plus side, they don't charge to see photos like eharmony do, nor do they have a ridiculous number of questions to go through like POV.

RYE

• 5 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

So called Dating Sites its all fake

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

I have tested most of them with FAKE profile NO photo and didn't spent a cent.
You will most likely be COMMUNICATING with a STAFF member then a paid up member so my advise is KEEP your money its a waste of time.
It is all about computer circulating photos from all around the world.

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Bit dissapointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

It is what it is. A dating platform filled with promise. Unfortunately I think you need to be very confident when using a dating site and I am unfortunately not. Lots of married men sadly, players, I think it would work if you are confident and in a good headspace who has the time and patience to sort through the nonsense. Not for me.
A warning to anyone who is not that confident any online dating site can be depressing and confidence destroying

Moruya

• 6 helpful votes

WAY. TOO. EXPENSIVE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Hello there!

I have been on this site forever but the stamps are too expensive!

Why don’t you lower the cost so that we can initiate more contact with potential partners?

For instance, you could charge the same minimum amount for 10 stamps or 3! What’s the difference to you? It’s not like you are selling real stamps, is it?

I just think it’s not competitive anymore with the likes of Blendr, et al. where contact is FREE. Especially as things can often go awry in the first few messages. It’s money down the drain!

I wouldn’t mind so much, except that my remaining stamps are frequently WASTED. So it’s effectively costing me $30+ for one stamp, if I only wish to contact one lady!!!

The worst part is, women just expect men to pay for this all the time! Even if THEY send the kiss!!! What happened to women’s equal rights? This is getting ridiculous! For $10+ per stamp, I’m better off buying a girl a drink in a bar!

Old enough to know that I’m not at all satisfied with your insane pricing structure.

Been on here for like 20 years or something, thinking of leaving it altogether…

You never give out stamps for free. RSVP has become very stingy of late….

Sincerely,