Townsville

• 2 helpful votes

Love my new rug!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Couldn't be happier. Exactly like the pic. Beautiful and great quality. Arrived so quickly and this is a week before Xmas. Very impressed. Will use them again for sure. Great price.

Don’t waste your time - 0 customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

I purchased a rug through Rug Emporium back in June, the delivery was fine and arrived within a week or ordering which was great. Unfortunately the rug which we ordered was slightly too small for the area in which we were putting it. So I quickly placed an order for another, so I could have both in the house at the same time and then make a decision on which one we would return. The second rug was ordered on the 5th July and to date it has still not arrived.

I have been in touch with the customer support team (via email only as they cannot offer a phone service, this alone is frustrating enough) only to find out that the rug has been “lost”. And better yet they waited over a week and a half (only after I requested it) to check if they had another rug in stock which they could ship out in its place... only to find that of course they had all but sold out!

3 weeks have passed since I ordered this rug, supposedly a refund has been arranged for me however this was a week ago and my $658 still has not come back into my account. I have sent NUMEROUS emails addressing this issue, even offering them an alternate rug to send out in its place so that they don’t have to refund the money. It’s not surprising that I still have not heard back.

I am all for supporting local Australian business, and would go out of my way to support the little guy first. In this instance it turns out I made the wrong decision.

So much for dealing with an Aussie company, i may as well be ordering from the other side of the world! Customer service is TERRIBLE, Rug Emporium should be ashamed of their email response time! I hate to think what the process is going to be like to return the rug which I still have in my possession! Don’t waste your time, if you are looking for a cheaper rug, wait for the sales to come on in your local area and physically purchase one. Or if ordering online, look for a store with a contact phone number so you can speak to comeone about any issues which may arise (better yet, know that when you escalate an issue that it will be dealt with by a manager so that you aren’t stuck with the same person who has been unable to assist in any way!) nothing is worse than a company who can’t assist you and bury their heads in the sand when you attempt to make contact- Rug Emporium are experts at this!!

If you want to feel stressed and left feeling unheard, as if you don’t matter as a customer, then by all means give your business to Rug Emporium- personally, I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone, I will NEVER waste my time again.

Sydney

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Couldn't have been easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

We ordered online from Rug Emporium and our rug was delivered within the specified time, with plenty of notices informing us of such. It looks exactly as it did in the pictures online and we are very happy with it, as well as the overall experience.

Zero customer service!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

The rug I ordered was "lost" for 4 days, and still hasn't arrived, despite me getting a one line response to my daily email saying "I might be delivered today". In the end I call the courier directly only to discover that even though my address was correct they simply didn't deliver the rug and it had been sitting in the warehouse the entire time..lucky I called.

Canberra

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

It looks like there have been mixed reviews but I couldn't fault my experience with their service. The delivery was prompt and unfortunately the carpet was too 'shiny' so I organised a return which was seamless. The refund was prompt - I would purchase again if there was a rug in the colour I was after.

Hobart

Great online rug store!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

Easy to use website, great prices and free shipping! Ordered two rugs so far and both arrived intact and with no issues. As advertised on site, the rugs are plush and of good quality. Pretty quick shipping considering it's to Tasmania. Highly recommend them.

Great variety, great prices and speedy delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2016

So happy with my new rug. It looks exactly like the picture.Thank you Rug Emporium for making the process so easy and efficient! Will definitely buy my next rug from you:)

Perth

• 6 helpful votes

Excellent product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2016

I ordered a rug on 10 Sep 2016, receiving an order notification immediately. I received a dispatch notification on 15 Sep 2016. Delivery was attempted on 22 Sep 2016. I picked up the order on 23 Sep 2016. The rug is exactly as it appears on the site.

I was a bit hesitant to order such an expensive purchase over the internet, due to the other reviews on this site, but I'd been looking at this particular rug for a long time. I'm glad I did end up buying from Rug Emporium as the price was the cheapest for this style of rug, included delivery and the process was excellent.

Verified Customer

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

Bought a teal rug and by accident a baby blue one was delivered. After speaking with Mykal, he investigated this error and found the supplier accidentally sent the incorrect rug. New one has already been delivered, old one getting picked up. All very stress free process.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2016

Outstanding customer service. Fantastic communication and quick to respond to my needs, flexible and fast delivery. Rugs were excellent quality.

I actually chose to deal with rug emporium after poor dealings with temple and Webster. It was refreshing how professional and fast they are, I can't understand the two previous poor reviews, as totally opposite to my experience.

Avoid- too hard to deal with

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2016

I bought a rug two weeks ago. Havent heard from them. Tried to call and they couldn't tell me where my rug was, said they would call me back and they haven't. they don't even deserve one star. I will be taking it further with fair trading. don't waste your time or money.

Don't bother with these people

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2016

Talk about unprofessional, obviously they don't know their products at all or they haven't been in business long and when I was trying to ask questions about a particular rug and its description they just kept going around in circles. Terrible attitude and terrible customer service. As a 50 year old woman I think I'd prefer to buy in store or from someone who knows their rugs.