Great work!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

I have used Rustic Plumbing for a few years and have never been disappointed. If I need them urgently, they come quickly. If it's not urgent, they always come when it's convenient for me and arrive on time. They have dug holes in the lawn and you would hardly know. The bathroom floor was cleaner than when they arrived! One section of concreting was even dug up and re-done as the plumber wasn't happy with it! And no tools on the customer's benches. Friendly and efficient service with as little inconvenience as possible for me

• 1 question
Private message

Very good plumbers professional and helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Recently I needed a very large plumbing job done I had used Rustic plumbing once for a small job and was very happy with them they were professional and very pleasant people. This new job took place over a couple of weeks and many different people took part during that time all were extremely nice and proficient and left the garden area as good or better than it was before they came.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

Thank you Shane, Pierre and all the staff at Rustic Plumbing for your assistance in replacing our Hot Water Service. This is the second job you have done for me and I appreciate your friendly, accommodating manner and your efficiency. I would recommend Rustic Plumbing to anyone.

Professional and Efficient service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Excellent customer service and proficient plumbing service. This company is timely, efficient-repaired my block drains, tidied after themselves-were pleasant and easy on the eyes ;) Can’t be faulted.

Excellent service and work

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Tom arrived on time to replace my hot water service and I found him to be friendly, courteous, and efficient. He did a good, clean job and I would highly recommend Rustic Plumbing.

Newcastle, New South Wales

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent Work and Amazing Customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

We had sewerage backing up suddenly on a Saturday morning...guests arriving for lunch at midday...numerous calls and messages to other emergency plumbers... Rustic were amazing... fixed before guests arrived...they shuffled jobs to get to us early. Recommended further work...60 year old clay pipes...which we went ahead with. No one likes spending lots of $$$ on underground pipes...but the alternative is not appealing..all fixed great job and service...charming company to do business with. Thank you.

Prompt, efficient & friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Called a few plumbers trying to get someone to come on a Sunday for a blocked sewer and Rustic was the only one to respond. Tom turned up a couple of hours later and took time and care to fix the immediate problem and figure out what the future solution might be. Then a few days later Mark & Damien came to do the further work. All 3 guys were very friendly, professional, trustworthy and I would absolutely recommend them and use them again.

Great service at a reasonable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Plumber came and was able to fix an ongoing damp problem straight away, he found the dishwasher had been leaking under the flooring. All sorted out , and he changed some taps for me too , all for a very reasonable price . So pleased my problem has been fixed, was dreading what it might be! Great service , nothing too much trouble , will be recommending Rustic to my friends and will call them again next time . Thanks very much guys excellent 5 star service

BAULKHAM HILLS

Verified Customer

Good Work & Prompt Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

I originally rang Omega plumbing for a quote and was slugged the $79.00 service fee. We only needed the tap fixed which was leaking and they gave us a quote to completely remodel the bathroom including vanity and toilet and were shocked when my wife did not sign up on the spot to get the work done. I then rang rustic plumbing who explained there was no need to replace the vanity only the s bend, taps which were 18 years old and drain plug to fix the leak. They explained everything were professional and we are glad its now fixed. They did not charge a call out fee and the quote was much better then the previous company. will recommend rustic to everyone

Leaking Toliet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2018

Very professional ,prompt service .on time and was formed on everything that had to be done,very impressed and will and have already recommended this company

Charmhaven

Very professional and prompt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

Very friendly and professional. Kept me informed .no question was too much trouble .would highly recommed this company .great work

Sydney

Private message

Great service and great people

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I did alot of research and called maybe 10 companies to get their opinion on installing a new rainwater pump. Rustic did not come in at the cheapest however they were competitive in price. But what made me realise their value was the interactions during their assessment and installation. Tom and Mark are top blokes, easy to chat with and very competent at what they do.

Don't take my word for it. Give them a call and see for yourselves.

Highly recommend Rustic Plumbing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

We had a cracked & broken sewer pipe over the Christmas period. One phone call to Rustic Plumbing & a plumber was there that afternoon, they turned up exactly when they said they would, phoned me to explain in simple terms the problem, the solution & exact costs. The bill was exactly what they quoted & very reasonable. I would highly recommend Rustic Plumbing to anyone & will definitely use them again.
They even completed our work over Christmas which was a big ask for anyone. I'm so thankful we used them.

Punctual and Honest

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

I have used many plumbers in my property improvement projects and have found Rustic Plumbing to be the most reliable and true to their word. Having experience in costs of renovations and time frame, I found Rustic were reasonably price, considering what I expected from them. They are approachable and I will now continue to use Rustic Plumbing Solutions from now on. Well Done!!!

SYDNEY

Private message

Amazing! Don't call anyone else!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

We called many 24hr plumbers as we had to turn the water off...with no luck and fortunately for us found RUSTIC PLUMBING!
Apart from prompt awesome service...my twin fell in love with ''Damien" ..the very cute plumber..., polite, well dressed and did a fabulous job @ reasonable prices... What else could one ask for!

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

Thank you so much. Quick to get somneone out. The plumber was on time & called before arriving. He looked very professional & was very friendly. Nothing was too hard.
Explained everything he was doing.
Will def reuse your services & recommend you to others. Thanks soo much again.

Newcastle

Excellent service. Professional and friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

Rang many 24 hour emergency plumbers but suddenly they were too busy. Rustic Plumbing said they would arrive on a Saturday, day before Christmas Eve which they did - on time. Diagnosed the problem and proceeded to fix it with no fuss. Also diagnosed a couple of other issues which needed fixing and they were fixed quickly and efficiently. Mark was very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. Would recommend Rustic Plumbing to anyone and will use again if necessary.

Extremely happy with service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Tradie was on time, friendly, professional, and did the job without any fuss. 10/10 for everything. I would recommend their services to everyone

Sydney Australia

Blocked Sewer Line

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

We had a blocked sewer line, that was only apparent on Sat morning. I phoned a few companies around 9am, the first 3 only had a recorded message the 4th was Rustic, who said there was a call out fee for Sat, but they could get someone there between 2&4pm & I agreed. I received a call around 3pm saying they were leaving the previous job & would be approx 30min - Jarrod arrived at approx 3.30. Jarrod was able to clear the line then put a camera up the line to try & detect the source of the problem which turned out to be fine tree roots. These tree roots were mainly removed with the waterblaster as it was removed from the drain. The total job was finished by 5pm. I could not speak high enough of Jarrod attitude. The job was not cheap but that somewhat expected when you need a plumber in a hurry.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Hot Water Tank Swap for Continuous System

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Full disclosure:
I was offered 2 free movie tickets for this review, but the card said be honest.
Although the review below is generally good, right after dropping 4.6k on the new system I wasn't feeling that good about things, but definitely as I gain confidence in using the new system and that everything works (despite some nuances created by a previous plumber) I am feeling more justified in the spend.

The Job:
Swap out a 13 year old non-serviced Vulcan hot water tank for a brand new shiny Rinnai Enviro26 and pronto.

The Quote Process:
Polite and well presented guys comes, doesn't spend too much time looking at the details, but if asked for little hand holding will take you through the process.

The guy looks into a "magic" book which he has "no control" over the pricing and pulls and a magic number. In my case for two scenarios the enviro26 and the enviro32 (smidge over $5k and $6k respectively). Unless pressed for more details there is not breakdown of the cost of the unit, the cost of the expected pipes, time estimate of work, removal etc.

If am honest, I don't really need those details if I like the price, and the definition of installed means all cleaned up and looks nice, but I dive into them to ensure a bit of due diligence, and just make sure all Australian standards are met, the job is timely, and good quality, they are insured and will back their work, sold products and services.

So knowing what sort of price on ebay one can get the enviro for the guy tells me 1.5 and 2k for the different inviro boxes. So that gives some idea of the overhead for parts and labor, as I failed to get a detailed breakdown.
Now a previous guy from another company indicated the cost per metre for running thicker pipe ($40 per metre, which i needed 11m or so of). So there is a another $500. So we are looking at 2k and 3k for the enviro26 and 32 respectively, without other stuff.

Observations:
The initial quotes were pretty massive, and once I balked at the price for the quoted enviro32 the guy proceeded to tell me that the enviro26 will do my place sufficiently. Stating that I had 3 bathrooms and most likely it will be 2 in use and kitchen sink the suggestion that at a 9 litre water rate for each shower plus some extra for kitchen sink and other taps 9+9 + small amount is covered by the 26. Okay sounds good and logical enough for now we'll see when that time comes.

Great so far, felt much more comfortable despite the magic book prices than the other quotes obtained, which were much lower. Onto the negotiation. First step was to try and get a reduction so I asked what could be done on the enviro32. After a call to the boss and weee walk outside for some privacy to discuss the matter, the guy returned and knocked about $500 off. Just like that. So I am thinking they go in high and if the customer asks they negotiate to a slightly lower price which is more what they would expect. Great, but that is still much higher than the enviro32, which if one pretends the discount is on the box itself the labor should be pretty much the same process regardless.

So proceeding with the thought that the enviro26 would do the job I ask why is there still such a difference between the two, and some comments around the different box costs came out but doing the sums in my head it didn't sit well. I went on to explain another quote being just over 2k for the enviro32. The guy pointed out that this is a very low price and I should review the quote to ensure that the price is not for the "normal" rinnai32. Few quick calls later and yes the other quote comes in about 1.2k more. However I am now comparing the enviro26 at just over 5k for 3.2k. Still a substantial difference. Looking at the discount given on the enviro32 I asked if he could knock off about the same amount and we proceed with the enviro26. The quote came down to 4.6k for the enviro. Deposit paid $460 and the tank leaking begins.

If the quote for the enviro26 still comes in at over 1k more than the enviro32 with the other mob, how come I didn't go for that?

Well this is the warm fuzzy bit I mentioned earlier about the well mannered and presented bit and a whole bunch of other unrelated questions I asked the guy while he spent a fair amount of time taking me through the quote process. Things pointed out that I like to hear that got me over the line with Rustic were:
- It's about 6 years to become fully qualified plumber
- Service periods for valves and tanks
- NSW laws on tempered water, and associated valve types for different heating systems
- The quote includes full installation and cleanup and removal of the old tank
- Although the pipe lengths weren't specified if they were longer the price doesn't change (probably the magic number book lookup there)
- There was a full explanation about the condensate outlet and how that would not simply be allowed to drop on the ground like the other guy mob mentioned, as the output is acidic in nature.
- The other pipes running in the house that I though might be a gas pipe were promptly corrected to "if it is black it is the water", "PVC gas pipes are usually yellow", "plumbing tape for gas fittings is yellow". This was not picked up by the other mob.
- They will start today by emptying the original tank, and be in first thing next day to complete the installation

Work On Site:
3 Guys show up. All well presented and well mannered. Young guys that on the up skill, another guys that makes the quote guy look good, and the the original quote guy, who actually assists with the installation.

I hung around a bit to see what was actually going on, and they spend the time explaining what they were doing, pointing safety things and answering annoying questions about the height installation, and how they will put measures in place to help prevent theft of the unit.

No fuss, no wondering off and coming back at the end of the day, and definitely did a good job of the gas piping and condensate piping. The electrician did come at the specified time and when I got home it was all done and dusted (double plug outlet).

Overall, although a bit pricey, the quality of the work, timely fashion and the good presentation and manners on the job gives me the impression of a fair price for the job, and I would get these guys back in again.

As to the 25 year guarantee, well we'll have to wait and see. It's easy to say 25 years and then disappear, but anything that goes wrong in the short term I am pretty sure they will sort out (warm fuzzy feeling).
They were a bit keen about the payment. Sounds like they have had issues there before.

I will come back later to update this review after observing the system performance, from the the guy's recommendation of enviro26 over the 32 and keep an eye on the parts to see if anything starts rusting and what not before a reasonable time.

Hope this helps anyone who may have some doubts about the pricing. If you do, then go with the other mob, and hopefully neither of us have to buy twice any time soon.

1 of 7 pages