Branxholm

Ry for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

Wonderful website - easy to use and to find the products i want and delivery is so fast - love this company

Melbourne

Bad Experience.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Waited a week to be notified that my order for the Curtis Collection had been cancelled because they didn't have enough stock. I was lucky enough to find another supplier of this product & they processed & sent out my order the very next day. I should have probably looked at the reviews for Ry before purchasing as it's obvious they have a lot of ongoing issues and for that, I will not be making any future purchses.

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hi Georgia,

I am sorry that we had to cancel your order, we always try to fulfil all our orders and on this occasion we were unable to for yourself. I can assure you any issues we have had, have been ironed.

Darwin

Verified Customer

Is it worth the risk? I don't think so!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I have been a long term, loyal customer of RY.com.au for quite some time! It was only recently when I made a new order of about $150 (I had no knowledge of RY being purchased by the Hut Group in the UK). I ordered on the 29th of August. I received an email to say there would be a delay due to the warehouse relocation. Me, being a reasonable customer who understands these things happen sometimes, was fine with a delay on shipping - I didn't have to pay for shipping because it was a large order so I didn't really care. Little did I know this would be the BIGGEST nightmare. I have had multiple back and forth with customer service, first to say it would be delayed longer. By this time I was over waiting and asked for my order to be cancelled and a refund set in place so I could get my products elsewhere (I knew I could get them on adorebeauty and receive them within a week). I was told that my order absolutely could not be cancelled because as soon as it gets to the warehouse it would be dispatched and it wasn't an option to cancel or get a refund. THEN a day after the advised shipping date (18th of September) I was emailed again to say that I would only receive 2 out of the 5 products I purchased and that I would get a store credit.. I 100% didn't want a storecredit because I needed those certain products and if I had a store credit I would just be wasting my money on things I didn't need or want, for the sake of using the credit. I told them I didn't want a store credit and was told that's the only option and refunds can't be done. It had been a long process and I was so angry by the situation so I kept asking for the refund and explaining why. I eventually had a manager agree to give me a refund, a few days later someone called me for my bank details and was advised the refund was processed on the 28th of September and could take 10 business days. It got to about 8 business days and I queried it, they wouldn't even look into it until the 10 business days were up. So I contacted again (through Instagram, email and phone) on the 11th of October, got told about the 10 business days thing again where I got to remind them that it has been 10 business days. I was told I'd get a call back when someone looks into it. Still heard nothing, emailed and called again on Monday being the 16th of October asking about the refund and just get told that someones looking into it and will call me back. Still haven't heard anything. Still haven't received a refund. The lady who I speak to on IG who is in Australia was nice enough to raise it with head of marketing and send me out a gift - haven't received that but that's not the point, it's a nice gesture. Although I haven't been contacting them for free gifts, I just want my money back. I did end up getting my products from Adorebeauty and they took a few days to arrive, plus a massive bag of free goodies. I can say that I won't be ordering with RY unless I absolutely have to, and even then I will do at my own risk because I feel they have no care for their customers at all.

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hello Shenae, Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I am really sorry that you have had this experience. I would love to be able to speak to you and get this resolved. Could you please mes... read more »

Hi Del, I messaged through again last night or the night before and haven’t heard anything. I will respond to that one and ask for it to be escalated. Thank you Just messaged again asking for it... read more »

Be Warned using this website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I placed an order for some skin care products, they took the payment and then emailed to say out of stock and cancelled the order. They promised a refund but I never received it. After numerous phone calls, live chats (which I printed off as proof) and saying they would get back to me but never did, I had to put a dispute through my credit card to get the refund. Will never purchase from them again.

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hello, Thank you for taking time out to leave your review, please accept my apologies that no one has contacted you back. Would you please message me via your online mark it for the attention of m... read more »

Ripped off by scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I ordered $111 of hair products and cosmetics.
I never received the order, ry deleted my account and lied multiple times about processing a refund. I ultimately resolved this by making a claim through PayPal.
- Ordered on 23rd August with expected shipping in 2-5 business days
- 24th August - advised by email there would be a delay for 4-6 business days due to problems filling the order.
- 9th September - Advised by email that the order would be shipped in 3 days and shipping information would be emailed
- 15th September - Logged into the website and there is no record of my order on my account. I called RY and was told that the order would be shipped and shipping information would be emailed within 24hrs.
- 20th September - Called RY and spoke to Tabitha. I requested to cancel the order and to have a refund. I was told this needed to be done manually, so the money would be refunded in 48hrs and I would receive an email confirming this immediately.
- 22nd September - No refund or communication from RY had been received. I called RY and spoke to Tabitha. She advised me that the refund could take up to 5 days and that the email confirming this would be sent.
- 3rd of October - i received no refund, no further communication from RY. When I call the phone number and select transfer to the refund department, the phone rung out. Lodged dispute through PayPal and Ry never responded to the dispute process
-13th October - PayPal ruled in my favour and refunded my money in full

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hi, I am really sorry of the issues you have faced which has resulted in you getting your money back from PayPal. This is not service we love to give our customers and these issues have been rece... read more »

Auckland

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

I actually got robbed. Don't use this website ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Long time user of this website, and actually loved it to bits. However, the moment they sold it to The Hut Group things went downhills. Placed an order with them for a GHD product costing around $180 on the 28/8/2017, to have it constantly delayed, and delayed, and then eventually cancelled by them. Was told I was getting a refund within the next 24 hours but after all the stress, and constant live-chat messaging, I was refunded with store credit with an amount LESS than what I paid for on the 17/10/2017. The customer service actually added $2 extra than they gave me as a sign of 'good will' which is ridiculous. So I go and use my store credit, and add in extra things considering this is the last time I'm ordering, so I may as well. I paid an extra $300, and now that my money has been taken. MY ACCOUNT WAS DELETED BY THEM. I'm trying to sort this out again, but I doubt I will achieve anything, or it will take another 2 months. Where do I report to for e-commerce robbery? Help please anyone. Please do yourself a favor and not use them. At all.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hi Dylan,

Would you please inform me of your order number and I will personally look in to this and get resolved for you? I am sorry for the service you have recently received, and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Del

Order number is 106172268. Please note that this order was paid with $173 store credit which was my actual refund of my first order you cancelled. And the remainder was taken from my credit card.

• 2 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Waited two weeks and then they cancelled my order because they didn't have stock. I will never use this platform again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hi Tee, Please accept my apologies for having to cancel your order, I can assure you that we always try to fulfil all the orders that are submitted to us, on this occasion we were unable to do so... read more »

• 8 helpful votes

Terrible experience

My frustrating, time wasting, 40 day experience:

28/08/17 - Made an online purchase with 2-5 business days delivery.

28/08/17 - Received an e-mail after purchase and payment advising of a shipping delay of 3-5 business days due to warehouse re-location.

06/09/17 - Logged into account to check order progress, order history has disappeared.

06/09/17 - Contacted customer service via Facebook.

08/09/17 - No response to my Facebook message so contacted customer service via live chat and am advised that they are updating their systems and all should be rectified soon. Advised that they should know more in 1 - 2 business days.

09/09/17 - Received an e-mail advising that they were "hoping many orders will be dispatched over the weekend and we hope to have a confirmed delivery date with you by Tuesday morning latest"

12/09/17 - Still no information late evening. Sent another enquiry via the Ry Facebook page. Received a response stating:

I have raised this with the relevant team who will take a look into your order further, I should have an update within the next 24 hours.

I will be back in touch as soon as they respond!

15/09/2017 - Contacted a customer service representative via live chat, advised that my account information is still not available, should know more in the next 1 - 2 days.

16/09/17 - Advised that my items have been shipped.

19/09/17 - Received an e-mail stating the following:

Hi there!

Thank you for your recent order on RY! We are very sorry about the delay, this has been due to technical issues following our recent move to a new warehouse alongside the launch of our new website.

Unfortunately we are unable to fulfil your order at this time. You will receive a credit in your account within the next 24 hours to spend on either a replacement or something new!

However, as you can see above, I was advised last Friday that my items had been shipped.

Contacted customer service.

19/09/17 - Customer service confirmed that the item had not been shipped and they were unable to fulfill the order even though the items that I ordered were showing as in stock on their website. Offered a refund back to my bank account or a store credit. Requested a refund and was advised to allow 72 hours for the funds to process.

24/09/17 - Logged into my account and find a store credit equalling less than my purchase. Sent a message with my order receipt and bank account statement.

25/09/2017 - Advised that they will remove the credit from my account in exchange for a full refund via Paypal. No mention of the incorrect dollar value. No mention of my previous refund request which was obviously not actioned. Messaged again regarding the incorrect dollar value.

26/09/17 - Received a response regarding the incorrect dollar value and asked for my preferred refund method. Sent Paypal details. Advised that refund will show within 3 - 5 business days.

04/10/2017 - Connected to customer service via live chat, asked for an update regarding my refund. Customer service rep continually advised "I'll be right with you" This was stated 12 times over a 30 minute period. I then receive a message stating "Sorry, our chat session has ended unexpectedly. Come chat with us again for further assistance. I attempt to re-connect and am advised that live chat is now unavailable.

04/10/17 - Sent a message via Facebook asking for an update.

05/10/17 - Advised that they will look into it.

06/16/17 - Advised that the refund had not yet been processed and to allow another 5 business days.

07/10/17 - Received a refund via Paypal

Don't be enticed by their fancy new website, it's not worth the hassle. I had to constantly chase Ry for information regarding my order and then, subsequently, my refund. This back and forth saga continued for 40 days.

There was no previous mention of a warehouse move or system upgrade prior to my purchase and they continued to operate even whilst knowing that they were experiencing issues and could not fulfill orders. Ry removed the review section on their Facebook page due to the overwhelming amount of negative feedback and continue to delete Facebook comments on their page from people still waiting for refunds. Do yourself a favour and go straight to Adore Beauty or Active Skin.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hello, Thank you for taking time out out to leave your very detailed review. I am very sorry for the issues you faced, no customer should receive such poor service. I am currently looking in to w... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

One star is too generous. Never shop here.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

What a thief. Rubbish company.
Purchased a hair straightener that costs more than $160, and never received it.
Requested for cancellation after waiting for a month and now it's been three weeks since I requested a refund, never got my money back.
I've requested for a dispute via PayPal so hopefully this works - again I have to wait.
Unless the company completely ignores it.

What is more revolting is that they say they need to backorder stuff but on the website it still says "in stock".
Bunch of lies everywhere.

It's so disgusting to know that so many of the customers are experiencing the same thing.
So basically they got all our money and never sent out the products.
I wish I saw these reviews before I made my purchase.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hello,

Thank you for taking time out to leave your review. I am very sorry that you have not received your refund, Could you please contact our Customer Service team who can get this resolved for you?

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Disgusting service (not worthy of even one star)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

Woeful service. Full of excuses for failing to deliver the goods ordered. They promised a refund, got my bank details for a direct deposit (telephone call to an Australian 02 number but spoke with a man in Manchester, UK) then nothing happens. Do not order from this website. Be warned. Buyer beware!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hello,

If you have still not received your refund, please drop me a message via your online account and I will be more than happy to get this looked in to. I am sorry for any inconvenience we have caused.

Verified Customer

Better off throwing your money in the bin

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I've been a long term customer for years. I have a child with a disability, so online shopping is my saving grace. Until this last order with ry.com.au.
Order was made mid August. Order arrived missing two items (the most expensive ones too).
Tried to use online chat, like I have many times before.... Unavailable.
Send an email, response back says my items are on back order. I have no problems with that.
Receive another bulk email saying the same and that stock is due September 19th, and will be sent out priority.
September 19th comes and goes, nothing.
Contact through Facebook. Find out I can't have my products, must have a refund. Refund supposedly processed. Wait the recommended 3-5 business days.... Nothing.
Contact via Facebook again. Another 'refund' processed through my Paypal, apparently. Even though I paid via Afterpay. No refund yet again, after 3-5 business days.
I'd like to add the each meds through Facebook takes 24 hours to be replied to. Also having to verify account every 7 days by providing name, address and email. So another 24 hours wait. Even had to wait an extra 24 hours once because I forgot my postcode! Really?
Anyway, no refund has been received. No explanation, minimal contact from staff. I will never use RY again!
I will be contacting consumer affairs soon if my money is not returned.
If this company hadn't just been sold, I would've assumed it had gone into receivership. They are dodging parting with money at every turn, and not supplying products. Surely that is illegal!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hi Catherine, This is not the type of service we expect any of our customers to face, I would personally like to get this resolved for you. Could you drop me a message via your online account and... read more »

Melbourne

Didn't Send Correct Product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

I purchased a GHD creative curler. It was despatched quickly and I was quite happy with that. Once it arrived, it had the wrong plug. After waiting an indecent amount of time for their customer service to work out what to do, I was told "I have received an update from our Operations team - it is stated on site that this product comes with a UK plug only. If you wish to return this item for a refund I can request returns details for you." It does not state this on the site. In fact, the site states "Selling ghd since 2007 and 1000’s of orders, Ry.com.au is the number one store for ghd in Australia. When you purchase your GHD from Ry.com.au you can be assured that you are purchasing a 100% genuine Australian model. Our Queensland Salon Recreate Yourself Hair + Beauty is an authorised ghd stockist." This can be found here: https://www.ry.com.au/ghd-creative-curl-wand-28-23mm/11058316.html and I have screenshotted all this information in case they try be even dodgier and change it on me. I guess I will have to try my luck on a refund....which given what I have read here may quite the uphill battle.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hello Cassandra.

I appreciate you taking time out to leave your review. Please send me a message via your RY account and I will get this resolved for you.

AVOID - another unhappy customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

I have had similar issues to others. I was only sent one out of two of the products I ordered and the one I did receive was the wrong colour. Multiple emails and calls later I only get an offer of a store credit and 15% off my next purchase! There was no response to my issue about the incorrect product. Not good enough! I am very lucky I paid via PayPal and put in a dispute. I was successful though PayPal and got a full refund.
Please, please avoid RY. Save your money and try somewhere else.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hello Carla, Thank you for taking time out to leave the review! I am sorry to hear of the issues you have recently had, I can assure you that this is not the service we expect our customers to rec... read more »

Bad Reaction to product.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

I have sent 4 emails and received no reply. I rang the Ry store at Southport and the girl told me basically that's the risk I take buying online, I found that alarming. I purchased Dermatolica power mask and when I used it my skin immediately became itchy so much so I removed it. A family member is a Doctor and said there would be a ingredient in it that my skin doesn't like,so return it. Well it's not easy as unfortunately I am being ignored. I won't shop with this company anymore due to such poor customer care. Myer and Sephora are where I will take my money

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hi Julie, Very sorry to hear that you have had a bad reaction. I would like to get this resolved for you, if possible could you please message in via your online account and mark it for the atten... read more »

I have already sent 4 emails. Can you not find them. I will send you one again. But have no faith in this company. In this day and age it's not good enough. You take people's money but if a problem... read more »

HI

I am unable to locate your account with out your order number sorry. Should you message in via your account and mark it for my attention, I am more than happy to investigate this.

Private message

Awful awful awful worst online buying service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

These guys are so rubbish - save yourself time and effort and use someone else. Very misleading to offer goods for sale and then turns out their suppliers don't have the product available - received two products in separate packages, still no third and final ordered product, waited for a month then cancelled - completely useless service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience, could you please contact Customer Service who will happily get this rectified for you and locate the missing item?

Lavington

Private message

Don't do it guys, stay away!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Same as many on here.
Sent order
3 weeks later advised there was no stock and would get a refund.
Month later and still waiting for a refund and STII taking money out of my account.
Rang so so so many times and PROMISED to do it right away but nope still waiting

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hello Chelle,

Please contact me via your online account and I will get this looked in to for you. Please put for the attention of me.

No Thanks
Sick of repeating myself.
Leaving it to the people representing me to get my money back

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Wish I could rate this company with a negative star rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

I've used RY for many years with great results, until my most recent order. Half of it hasn't arrived, they refuse to allow you to cancel your order until you've waited 30 days from the day you order. How can they expect you to wait minimum 30 days to receive shampoo/conditioner. I've since had to make an additional purchase of $145 locally as I obviously need to wash my hair. I've rang RY numerous times requesting they cancel my order and refund my money however they refuse to do so. Their response is my order has been shipped however they told me that 3 weeks ago! Do they really think someone can wait one month after the date the goods were due to arrive without washing their hair?? I will NEVER use this place again. Rude, unhelpful staff in the overseas Call Centre. This is the most frustrating & stressful (online) purchase I have ever made!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

I am very sorry to hear of the troubles you have faced, I would like to reassure you that this is not the type of service that we accept our customers received. If you would like me to look in to t... read more »

Broken Hill

• 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Will not be using RY ever again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

I am a long time RY customer with this being my go to online store for ASAP products and until recently have never had an issue. I placed an order in August and was sent a couple of emails following to say my order was delayed and giving me a new delivery time frame, however this passed with no communication from RY. I have since sent multiple emails to chase up my order where I was informed my order had an unknown timeframe for delivery. I have also now sent multiple emails requesting a refund and from reading a few of these other reviews am not confident at all of this happening anytime soon, I'm glad I have used PayPal so at least I can obtain a refund through them. I will never use RY again and am extremely disappointed that the change in ownership has resulted in such a massive decline in service so quickly. I have already tracked down a new online store for my future orders which seems to be working out much better.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hi, Thank you for taking time out to leave your review. I am sorry to learn of the issues you have had. There have been a few delays with some of our customer orders which I believe is now resolved... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Terrible!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Order placed on August 26th for two bottles of foundation, 10 day max shipping. Get a few emails talking about some delays etc etc, okay - no worries , it happens, I get it. I then receive one bottle of foundation in the wrong colour - make contact via Facebook page to let them know of the error, and am assured it will be sorted out. Here’s where things get infuriating...
- told my items will be shipped ASAP
- told my items are not in stock but if I wait a little while then they’ll get them in
- told my items have been ordered in and I need to wait about two weeks max and then they’ll send them - I agree because I want my products and I can’t buy the shade in store
- email received saying my order is unable to be fulfilled , has been cancelled, and I will receive a store credit
- contact via Facebook page querying the fact that just a few days ago I was told to hold tight
- told they can’t do it and that I can reorder at a later date using my credit
- I tell them I don’t want a credit, I want a refund
- told I have to contact via the website to get a refund, so I do this
- lots of time in between message responses but eventually I manage to supply my contact phone number and someone calls me.
- I provide my bank info and am told my refund will take a few days
- I wait
- and wait
- and wait some more
- I make contact advising that no refund has come through
- they tell me to supply my contact information and they’ll arrange to get my bank details ... I inform them that this already happened
- they get back to me - there’s been an error in their finance department and I need to supply my contact number again so someone can call me and discuss the issue
- I do so, haven’t heard back yet.

They have two more work days or I’m going to my credit card provider and also making a formal complaint via a consumer affairs route. It has been 6 weeks and I have no products and no refund. Beyond a joke!!!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hi Lisa, Thank you for taking time to leave your review! I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have had and that this is still ongoing. If you would like me to look in to this, please send me... read more »

I’ve already sent messages via my account and they’re not being responded to very quickly. I see no point in sending another message - I’ve already sent many. I’ve been told I will receive yet anot... read more »

Ry.com.au Official

That's fine, I understand. If you let me know your order number I will look in to it for you.

• 20 helpful votes

Not Australian owned/based anymore

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Its really sad to see what was once a great little company based on the Gold coast now be offshore and dodgy.
My story is the same as everyone else. I have bought from ry many times previously as recently as June (obviously just before ownership changed).
The delivery is really slow - they take forever to ship your product. I did order on 5/9. On 8/9 the free gift arrived. Then 13/9 the conditioner arrived. Today 15/9 one moisturiser arrived. The last moisturiser arrived close to a week later.
Obviously they are warehousing overseas now hence the delay. I ordered 3 items plus a free gift. Each item arrived separately (one hasn't even arrived yet). It does not make sense shipping everything separately. Its actually really annoying to go and pick up things one at a time. They even shipped the free gift by itself. So uneconomical.

Don't bother - find another Australian based retailer who will not take so long to deliver products in stock. The product is fine and the price is good however heaps of other online Australian retailers have low prices too.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ry.com.au Official

Hi Isabelle, Thank you for taking time out to leave a review. I am sorry to hear that your items have turned up separately, I do have to agree that this isn't the best service and is something tha... read more »

1 of 12 pages