So good we bought 2

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

So easy to install just clip it to the bolts and put the seatbelt through the back of it and so easy to clean if you have messy kids like me lol. The only thing thats annoying it when in rear facing the strap that connects to the bolt goes across the sides of the seat, making it hard to get baby out without loosening the straps first then you have to tighten them again when you put baby, apart from that we love it got one for our first she loves it so we got another for our second he always falls asleep in it nearly every time so it must be comfy.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Maddy, Thank you for your fantastic review. We are delighted to hear how comfortable and easy to clean our seat is. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give u... read more »

Abermain

• 1 question
  • 3 answers

Great for small cars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Easy enough to install but you need to read the instructions especially when adjusting the positioning of the shoulder straps. My granddaughter is very comfy and secure in this car seat and has no problem going to sleep as soon as she’s strapped in. Great compact style for smaller cars, nice soft fabric, sturdy design, very happy with this purchase.

Purchased at: Baby Bounce

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Angel,
Thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.

Kind regards, the Britax team.

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Not that easy to install

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

I was surprised to learn that 90% of child restraints seen by a local fitter are installed incorrectly. I purchased the seat and had it professionally fitted at the same place. It looked easy to install until I saw a professional do it. It was certainly well worth paying a bit extra to have it fitted correctly and to be shown how it works and I would highly recommend that everyone gets the seat fitted professionally the first time they are installing it. We have a newborn using it and she seems very comfortable in it and the extra padding while not a safety feature makes her very snug in it. I keep a towel over it when not in use just to protect it. I also took it back to the place of purchase with the baby just to make sure I had her in the seat correctly. As this seat is designed for birth to approximately 4 years I think it is good value for money.

Somerville

Private message

Great seat at a affordable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

The britax safe and sound compaq is a great seat at an affordable price.
Its very easy to install and uninstall, making it a breeze when we need to move it between cars.
Its doesnt take my to much room in my small suv and the front passenger still has enough leg room.
Its easy to take apart and put back together when it needs to be cleaned.
My baby is happy and comfortable in this seat which is a priority.

Perfect fit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

We LOVE this carseat!
It fits perfectly into our VT with two other car seats. It was super easy to install. Bubs seems super comfy and always falls asleep while we drive. The covers are easy to remove and wash or wipe down to remove all that lovely baby stuff. We've managed to transfer the seat with ease between cars.
Definitely a 10/10 for us!

Verified Purchase

This is a great car seat.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

We purchased two of these car seats, one for my car and one for my husbands. It has been a great and sturdy car seat and the belts are easy to adjust as baby grows. It was also a great price point and I loved the look of it with the black design.

I like it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I have had it for a few years, and I just like this baby car seat. Personally, I trust Safe n Sound this brand, and I bought Compaq MKII with a very affordable price. The quality is good, not hard to install in my car, we did it by ourselves following the instructions. My son looks comfortable in the seat. He's nearly 3 years old now and still can fit in.

This is good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

The car seat is so good, it's so easy to instal, I don't have to ask my husband to do it, I can instal it by myself. It's easy to clean when get dirty.My little one like to seat in this car seat and sleep. we like this brand car seat.

We loved this car seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

perfect car seat for newborns....the recline is great facing both ways! Baby was so comfortable she loved being in the car from the very beginning! We also had another brand car seat in hubby's car and she hated it!

the fabric is very soft but this also makes it a little hard to keep clean as u can't really wipe it clean but it is so nice for babies because it's nice and comfy and plush feeling and the newborn insert makes it even better!

the easy twist and lift feature is amazing so no need to rethread the straps it was so easy to adjust.

unfortunately I wrote off the car that it was in so we lost it sadly !

I am having another baby now and i wanted to get another one but hubby said no so we're using the other branded one we already haf and i already hate it and haven't even had the bubs yet.

I would definitely buy another one and recommend it.

only thing is we had bucket seats in both the cars we had it in and it never sat right and was always a bit loose but i think not having it properly fitted may have been the reason as it didnt come with the safety clip but it might now with the new ones.
also it is targeted for small cars so it isn't a huge seat so not sure if you had tall babies it might not last as long as small babies.

either way it's a great seat and just having baby loving it is all that matters.

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Nice and slim but the straps are awful

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

This is a nice slim carseat good for a smaller car but like my other safe n sound seat, the straps are just impossible to tighten. They drive us mad as we can't get them tight enough to be safe no matter what we do. Britax have not been helpful when I've discussed with them

Melbourne

Private message

Narrow and good car seat

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

I bought this car seat for my first born and then again for my second child. It is a really compact (as the title describes) and narrow car seat. A lot of cat seats I looked at took up a lot of room in the back of my car. It also has a good safety rating. The only negative opinion I have about this car seat is that it doesn't have a lot of padding like others do. But overall for a compact 0-4year old suitable car seat, I would recommend.

• 1 comment
  • 3 questions

Ideal for limited space

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Takes little room in car but big enough internally for above average infant/toddler.
One of the better britax fabrics, long lasting, still looks like new after reasonable amount of use and washing.
Really easy to install and adjust as child grows.
Still rearfacing at 12m after coming out of unity capsule and intend to RF until height markers are reached.
Other seats have more head support if you desire, this is comfortable and less restrictive.

Bub loves this car seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

The car seat is really easy to use and adjust as baby grows. My baby loves his car seat and i octen have trouble getting him to stay awake its so comfy and cosy! This model is very slim so fits easily in my mazda 3 with room for 2 other passengers still

Great car seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

We transitioned our son from the capsule to the safe n sound car seat when he was 6 months old. The switch was easy, he loved sitting in the seat and found it very comfortable. It was easy to install and most importantly it's easy to clean. My son had several accidents when toilet training and it was easy to remove the seat, put the covers in the washing machine and hose down the rest of it.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
Private message

Great size and easy to fix and clean

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

Very easy to install! From day 1 I've have installed the seat into our old car which is a Toyota Aurion and now a Tarago single handedly and even when bubby 2 was not born yet. Very easy to clean and putting the covers back is a breeze. Covers can be washed using the washing machine without damage. My son doesn't complain as I love the tilted option for forward facing allowing him to nap comfortably without his head tilted.

Love This Car Seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

My child loves this seat, super comfy and his head doesn't fall forward when he sleeps. Really roomy for child even though its supposed to be compact. They are also really generous on size with the top shoulder marker higher than some other chairs in the same category (got given a Mothers Choice as a back up chair and my child didn't even fit in it where as he has 2 inches before he reaches the top marker in the Compaq). As far as cleaning goes it is so easy to remove the cover and throw in the machine, washes really well and no shrinkage. We got the red and its held up really well in the sun too. Highly recommended. I'm going to use it for baby #2 its held up that well.

Adelaide

Private message

Easy to adjust and change cars!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

This car seat is so super easy to install and adjust everything! It is a good size and not too big when forward facing. I did find it a big longer than others when rear facing but I had a small car so maybe thats why.

Bubs looks comfortable and safe. She cannot undo the harness nor can my 4 year old if he happens to try.

Cleaning the seat is a breeze and all the washable parts are easy to put back on.

Good quality

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

We were going to buy a capsule but ended up buying the car seat as our pram wouldn't fit any capsule. Took us a while to install it in our sedan as we didn't have any experience with baby stuff. Anyway it's not so hard after watching a video online and the seat seems sturdy. We have only used it once so far though.

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Warriewood

Private message

A reliable seat for when you are in a pinch!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

The decision to purchase this seat was a very easy one. Basically we had no other choice as we were trying to fit the Compaq MK11 into our Sante Fe for baby #3. Although probably my first choice of car seat, it was the perfect space and secure solution for our family. The seat fit comfortably between our booster and capsule. The installation was a little tricky but only due to the space restrictions that we had, other than that it was a straight forward, feed the belt through the back, secure through the buckle and tighten. The mechanism to adjust the seat belt, looser and tighter, was smooth and secure.
Cleaning and maintenance of the seat was routine. Whether facing the rear or forward the Compaq was a great and affordable solution for our family.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Nuala,
Thank you for your review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.
Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 8 answers

Perfect car seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2017

Since finding out baby no.3 was on the way we needed to find car seats that would fit our Audi a4 car. MkII was the only one that would fit two of these seats plus a booster with lots of room. My 1 year old is in one and loves it. He also has plenty room in RF still and is quite a big boy. It's very sturdy, no issues with the buckle and it provides great comfort.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Karenn.Elizabeth,
Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

1 of 2 pages